I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

darkvare Aug 28th, 2012 06:49 PM

i tried that once and i got schoolded by the game

Phoenix Gamma Aug 29th, 2012 12:50 AM

I started playing Dark Souls on PC. Kinda sucks cause I had to download a fanmade fix to make the game's resolution look right. Also you need to play with the gamepad because hoooly hell are the keyboard/mouse controls awful.

Just rang the first bell and now I'm kinda stumbling around right now in the forest-y place. I'm in pretty rough shape because I accidentally killed a merchant who could have sold me some better armor, so I'm still in my starting Knight armor. Also fuck the Gargoyle bosses. That was some bullshit.

Zomboid Aug 29th, 2012 04:58 AM

Honestly, if you had a lot of trouble with the gargoyles, PREPARE TO DIE (get it?) a lot and get really angry, because they're pretty simple, comparatively speaking.

Gaping Dragon might've been the easiest boss, probably followed by the Taurus demon or maybe Sif. Really, once I figured out how to properly equip and upgrade my stuff--and got skilled at dodging and parrying--it seems like only the ridiculously overpowered guys gave me much trouble. Before that, though, the part of the game that I absolutely despised was the top of blight town or whatever the fuck. All of those falls, archers, and I had no fucking idea where to go. I didn't realize I could just skip that part until I'd sorta cheated my way to the bottom and found another exit, and THEN I just ran past everything in my ninja gear, trying to get to a bonfire before those fuckers with the poison blow guns got me.

Seriously, haaaated that entire section of the game.

King Hadas Aug 29th, 2012 09:10 AM

Upper Blighttown was the worst. Demon Soul's Blighttown also sucked.

You guys remember that part on the rooftops in Anor Londo when you're nearing Ornstein and Smogh and you have to walk across those narrow stepples while two Golden Knights shoot dragon arrows at you? Who the fuck designed that shit? The guys at From Software are real assholes sometimes.

Fathom Zero Aug 29th, 2012 09:18 AM

Blowgun dudes don't respawn, though. Thankfully so. I've basically only touched Blighttown - I can't do much at level 31.

Zomboid Aug 29th, 2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 761304)
Upper Blighttown was the worst. Demon Soul's Blighttown also sucked.

You guys remember that part on the rooftops in Anor Londo when you're nearing Ornstein and Smogh and you have to walk across those narrow stepples while two Golden Knights shoot dragon arrows at you? Who the fuck designed that shit? The guys at From Software are real assholes sometimes.

Holy shit. I must have repressed that memory. I haven't been close to smashing a controller in years, but that shit was damn near impossible and I was on the verge of going nuts. I must've died about twenty times before I even got to the first guy. I think I eventually just decked myself out in stone armor and used that one big dude (Havel?)'s shield the entire way up. I don't recall even being able to just dash all the way up. The worst part was, dying meant having to go through all of the dudes on the fucking WAY to that spot, so if you fucked up there and didn't have enough health, forget about it.

Fathom Zero Aug 29th, 2012 05:23 PM

Those buildings were examples of some of the weirdest level design I've ever seen.

But the painting is in Anor Londo, so I can't be too mad.

Zomboid Aug 29th, 2012 06:14 PM

The painting with those horrible crow monsters? I enjoyed that level, but I have to admit that I picked a few of 'em off by sniping from towers pretty far away.

Fathom Zero Aug 29th, 2012 06:56 PM

Everything about Anor Londo is fucking insane. I didn't die as many times as I thought I would on the chandeliers and rafters, though. Was it the fighting on them that was the hard part?

darkvare Aug 29th, 2012 09:14 PM

i got the metal gear collection cause i never played 3 and i'm never buying a psp. i got to the end the i heard it was kind of a cool boss fight but all i did was walk around then he shoot at me and missed and the ensuing battle was me chasing an old man in a jungle and kicking him around

Zomboid Aug 30th, 2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 761317)
Everything about Anor Londo is fucking insane. I didn't die as many times as I thought I would on the chandeliers and rafters, though. Was it the fighting on them that was the hard part?

No, those ninja guys were pussies; I'm talking about in the painting itself, where those big crow-men fly over from the towers and can gang up on you. One or two could be handled fairly easily, but it became a bit harder when I managed to piss off a murder of them.

Fathom Zero Aug 30th, 2012 02:35 AM

Oh, the harpies. Fuck them so hard, especially since I was a pyromancer and just had my halberd. Zero fucking range. The coolness of the whole dungeon makes up for it, though, especially the weapon that you can rip off of the boss.

post frug pix here plz

Mad Melvin Aug 30th, 2012 05:26 AM

Day Z is on hold, because of all the hackers, so I decided to play trough some games that have been gathering dust on my shelf. Moving alphabetically, Alpha Protocol was the first on the list. It's actually a really cool game. A bit like Deus Ex and I like the RPG elements. My character is a suave field agent who replies sarcastically to everything. Everyone hates him, and rightfully so.

Guitar Woman Aug 30th, 2012 07:17 PM

Played Day Z for the first time last night. After I spawned in Cherno and got run over by a pickup truck (>:) I called a few buddies up and we spent about 5 hours dicking around, raided the northwest airfield among other places, and I got a DMR out of it (:D). We only got into one firefight that entire time but it was intense as fuck, some guy started taking potshots at us from Cherno with an M4 and probably a thermal scope. That was definitely the highlight of the evening, because it sure as fuck wasn't fighting the 4000 glitchy, horribly programmed zombies that are fucking everywhere.

Is there any particular method you'd use to safely locate/sneak up on other players? From what I understand Cherno, Elektro and NW are complete deathtraps because everyone goes there, and I don't want to lose my gun before I put a few notches in the handle, so I was thinking I could just stalk up and down the coastline about 150 meters from the shore and look for people combing the beach for noobs to murder. Ideally I want to waste some bandits and get all of the loot; plus I'd be killing people who just kill other people on sight, and that's great because fuck those jerks, they hit me with a truck

kahljorn Aug 30th, 2012 08:21 PM

that game just sounds like a trolls paradise

Mad Melvin Aug 31st, 2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 761335)
Is there any particular method you'd use to safely locate/sneak up on other players? From what I understand Cherno, Elektro and NW are complete deathtraps because everyone goes there, and I don't want to lose my gun before I put a few notches in the handle, so I was thinking I could just stalk up and down the coastline about 150 meters from the shore and look for people combing the beach for noobs to murder.

The best way to find other players is to get thermal googles. They are very rare, so good luck with that. I'd say that on every server, about 70% of the players are either in Cherno/Elektro or at the large airport. Just use that to your advantage. For instance, the fire stations draw players like ants to a carcass, so just camp in a place where you have a clear shot at the tower windows. Hospitals and stores are other good places to watch out for. If you ask me, that's the asshole way of playing the game, so I don't personally do it.

The beach is really not a good way to find anything. No one cares about killing noobs, 'cause you only get a bandage and a box of painkillers.

If one is against killing other players, the best way to start a new game is to run into a Store and a Hospital and just grab whatever you can. You have nothing to lose at that point, so dying isn't much of a problem. After you have some medical supplies, food, bigger backpack and maybe even a weapon, just head north and loot deer stands and high value barns. After that, you should have a decent weapon and supplies for days.

There are some fixes on the way to remove some of the trolling and hopefully the hackers. They are not on every server, but the number of hackers is increasing. It is not uncommon to run into a player with the best weapons and godmode.

darkvare Aug 31st, 2012 12:08 PM

gotham city imposters went free to play so dl that shit and play with me peoples

Lone Wanderer Aug 31st, 2012 01:58 PM

Bad Company 2 (online)

Guitar Woman Aug 31st, 2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 761341)
No one cares about killing noobs, 'cause you only get a bandage and a box of painkillers.

Oh man, what awesome servers are you playing on?

Dr. Boogie Aug 31st, 2012 08:42 PM

I've got to be honest: from everything I've heard about Day Z, it sounds like Kahl is right on the money.

Mad Melvin Sep 1st, 2012 10:19 AM

He is, but again, the atmosphere makes you forget about the trolls. Plus, the map is so huge that human encounters are kind of rare, unless you hang around the cities or large villages.

darkvare Sep 1st, 2012 05:06 PM

don't bother with gotham city i can't even complete a match

Dr. Boogie Sep 1st, 2012 05:08 PM

I joined a game with Darkvare, and I laughed when he got disconnected within like two minutes. Then a couple minutes later, I got disconnected. All in all: a great first impression.

kahljorn Sep 2nd, 2012 01:04 AM

:lol

so do you need to buy the arma2 thing for dayz or can i just pirate it? like does it use official servers or anything?

Mad Melvin Sep 2nd, 2012 01:45 AM

1. Buy ArmA II: Combined Operations (includes ArmA II & Operation Arrowhead add-on)

2. Install and run the game once

3. Install Beta Patch:
http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/How_to_...MA2_Beta_patch

4. Download and install Six Updader/Launcher
http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html

5. Run Six Launcher, select a server and play.

Apparently, there is a way to download ArmA II Free, which is sort of a light version of ArmA, and buy just the Operation Arrowhead add-on. So in short, you can't pirate this.
For more detailed info: http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/How_to_install_DayZ