I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 1st, 2011 11:11 PM

But these are law fights.

Fathom Zero Jun 1st, 2011 11:42 PM

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 2nd, 2011 10:46 AM

Looking forward to the new season of Dexter. Mos Def is going to be this seasons guy.

Kitsa Jun 2nd, 2011 02:27 PM

I think David Lynch was one of my favorite characters in the show, actually.

Piper Laurie bothered the hell out of me, especially with the ridiculous dress-up-like-Confucius shit.

kahljorn Jun 2nd, 2011 05:52 PM

i saw this movie made by david lynchs daughter that was actually sort of better than almost anything david lynch ever made. At least it was better t han INLAND EMPIRE
it had dennis hopper? i think it was him

ThrashO Jun 5th, 2011 09:02 AM

Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a great show, I own all of it on cds. Also, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is probably the greatest show ever made.

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 5th, 2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 723940)
Looking forward to the new season of Dexter. Mos Def is going to be this seasons guy.

Great show

Returning 7-17

Can hardly wait

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 5th, 2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrashO (Post 724434)
Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a great show, I own all of it on cds. Also, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is probably the greatest show ever made.

season 4+ of l"philadelphia" is bad times.

Esuohlim Jun 5th, 2011 03:32 PM

I think one of my all-time favorite Sunny scenes is in season 4, where Dennis and Frank go to the orgy and it ends up being just a bunch of fat people in masks and a buffet

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 5th, 2011 03:56 PM

What's the password? O.r.g.y.

ThrashO Jun 5th, 2011 05:02 PM

"Oh come on Frank that guys not even wearing a mask!" / "He's got the right idea, mask gets in the way of the food!"

I think after season 4 the episodes are either hilarious or uninteresting. I just hope it doesn't get canned.

"I'm gonna rape you so hard the room's gonna stink."

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 6th, 2011 11:22 AM

I meant season 5+ where it started decling.

Grislygus Jun 7th, 2011 04:51 AM

okay, so NewsRadio is on netflix now. Vaaaaaaaaaguely remember it. DEFINITELY remember awarding it the same attention one would lavish on a Chia pet.

Did NOT remember it being all about the Phil Hartman and "Milton from Office Space" guy. That peaked my interest. watched three episodes. First two consisted entirely of "Oh, you wacky mid-ninties comedy work sitcom. Look fellas! Mediocre shenanigans!"

Third episode suddenly had me laughing, with one huge 'hilarious as goddamn fuck' moment. Does anyone else remember this show, and can anyone tell me if I should bother watching any more

Tadao Jun 7th, 2011 10:55 AM

I loved it, but it sounds like you're gonna be a cunt about it.

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 7th, 2011 12:30 PM

You hit on the ratio early. It wasn't a bad show with about 1/3 of them being pretty damn funny and the other 2/3 mildly amusing.

Esuohlim Jun 7th, 2011 02:21 PM

YES it's worth watching the whole damn thing

Dimnos Jun 7th, 2011 02:47 PM

It's a good show. Although I hasn't watched it since it ended, so I don't know if it holds up to the test of time. Also I remember it being more about the guy from kids in the hall.

Grislygus Jun 7th, 2011 06:59 PM

On episode 11. The mildly amusing ones are consistently getting funnier. Nothing's topped "smoking" yet. VERY happy that everyone already watched this :lol

Kitsa Jun 7th, 2011 09:07 PM

I've decided to give up on the rest of Twin Peaks. Not for the inability to follow the plot twists; it's more because I find myself sick and tired of most of the characters. Also, the music.

Also, the formulaic intros to scenes (as in, all scenes at One Eyed Jack's being introduced with the buzzing sign).

I might take it up again at some point but I am just not up to watching that show on a marathon level.

Kitsa Jun 12th, 2011 06:13 PM

...still chugging through Dexter eps. We're at the end of the third season now, and I'm getting tired of Jimmy Smits so I hope something good happens soon.

Lauren Velez seems to be getting more likeable as the series goes on.

I lol'd when they were having the discussion of how they could get someone killed in jail. Srsly? Like half the cast comes from Oz. Just have them bring some old scripts.

Fathom Zero Jun 12th, 2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 724999)
Also, the music...
I might take it up again at some point but I am just not up to watching that show on a marathon level.

Angelo Badalamenti is wicked, so go die in a fire. And I would agree with that last statement. The pacing really makes you feel like you're slogging through quicksand.

kahljorn Jun 12th, 2011 07:16 PM

slogging through david lynch

Fathom Zero Jun 12th, 2011 07:35 PM

Nothing's worse than doing critical analysis papers on Lynch. Inland Empire is so fucked up.

Kitsa Jun 12th, 2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 726044)
Angelo Badalamenti is wicked, so go die in a fire. And I would agree with that last statement. The pacing really makes you feel like you're slogging through quicksand.

DIAF is so 2004 :(

It's not the quality of the music I have a problem with, it's the ham-handed way it's used. It's worse than Wagner and I hate Wagner.

Kitsa Jun 12th, 2011 10:52 PM

Finished season 3 of Dexter. This season was more plot-holey than others. Also, Rita looks sunburned 100% of the time, but maybe that's a Florida thing.