I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Aug 29th, 2010 12:54 PM

Beat Deathsmiles MEGA BRACK RABEL 1.1 mode. Hellaciously hard and I used no less than 15 continues through the whole thing. Imma have fun gettin' good at this game, bros.

Sam Aug 29th, 2010 02:41 PM

YEAH KING, HAVE FUN WITH YOUR ANIME CHILD RAPE GAME. :rolleyes

You sick fucker.

Fathom Zero Aug 29th, 2010 02:44 PM

Go eat a dick, cap'n.

DougClayton4231 Aug 29th, 2010 03:36 PM

@ Oxblood, The Silent Hill game on the Wii? I loved that one, it was pretty trippy.

I swear to god I hate Team Ninja. Other M is by far the worst Metroid game period. Even the second one on Gameboy was much better.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 29th, 2010 06:26 PM

You realize Sakamoto, directior of every Metroid after the second one and the Prime games, directed this, right? Team Ninja only did the technical stuff cause that guy's division never made a 3D game before. If you really wanna blame someone, it's that dude, Team Ninja just followed his specifications.

And it's not worse than Metroid II. Have you played it recently? It's like Metroid I except boring dull and repetitive. It's a manila envelope reincarnated as a Game Boy game. Other M at least has merits.

DougClayton4231 Aug 29th, 2010 07:53 PM

I actually enjoyed the second Metroid. Sakamoto might want to reconsider for his next Metroid, the forced first person segments are by far the worst part of this game's design. I can get over some of the retarded design choices, but not that one. This is the only Metroid that I can honestly say that I hate with a passion. I spent 20 minutes dying over and over until I found out that instead of fighting the monsters that are trying to KILL ME, I was supposed to focus in on the woman in the back of the room at the end. Hopefully the next one won't be a disappointing, short, annoying piece of shit like this one. If it wasn't Metroid, people would be shitting all over it. It's the truth. If any other random franchise popped up with the same exact gameplay as this, reviewers would give it a much lower score.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 29th, 2010 08:10 PM

Yea, I had to ask someone about that on GameFAQs cause there's no guide yet. Then a mod deleted it and warned me for illegal content. Now I remember why I hate that place...

And I dunno...if you read a lot of the reviews, they love the cinematic take, how cutscenes and gameplay work together. And I know a lot of people who played the game kinda hate it because it's Metroid (Samus' characterization is pretty weird. A big point of contention is the weird PSD episode she pulls when Ridley shows up. That and there are a lot of unMetroid features in the game. It's a really weird take on the formula. It's almost a whole other beast).

I think if it wasn't Metroid, most of the reviews (at least the ones that aren't really high. Wired fucking sucked this game's dick) would just see this as an interesting experiment. These same people more or less agree that, while it IS interesting, it's not successful, and that the next Metroid shouldn't be like this.

Ah well. I'm having fun going back after the second ending and getting all the items. Metroid needs more of that; just loading up a finished save, getting a second mission for fun, then loading it a third time to get everything.

OxBlood Aug 30th, 2010 04:35 AM

@Doug: Yeah, that one, just on the PS2.

4hrs into Yakuza 2 and loving it as usual. Though I do fear that martial-artist-teacher guy, I never got his lessons right at some point, the timeframe for the necessary actions was just too short...that and the tons and tons of extra content the game offers.

Oh and my fucking Baroque still isn´t here but Castlevania Lament of Innocence should arrive today, that´s at least something.

Schimid Aug 30th, 2010 07:37 AM

i'm playing through oddworld: abe's oddysee again because i've never beaten it because i was a pansy when i was a kid

just beat mario galaxy 2...at least, the first 120 stars. wasn't it supposed to be harder than the first one? i didn't think it was.

oh and i'm still playing smash brothers at least weekly because i'm a huge tool who plays it competitively

DougClayton4231 Aug 30th, 2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 696678)
Yea, I had to ask someone about that on GameFAQs cause there's no guide yet. Then a mod deleted it and warned me for illegal content. Now I remember why I hate that place...

And I dunno...if you read a lot of the reviews, they love the cinematic take, how cutscenes and gameplay work together. And I know a lot of people who played the game kinda hate it because it's Metroid (Samus' characterization is pretty weird. A big point of contention is the weird PSD episode she pulls when Ridley shows up. That and there are a lot of unMetroid features in the game. It's a really weird take on the formula. It's almost a whole other beast).

I think if it wasn't Metroid, most of the reviews (at least the ones that aren't really high. Wired fucking sucked this game's dick) would just see this as an interesting experiment. These same people more or less agree that, while it IS interesting, it's not successful, and that the next Metroid shouldn't be like this.

Ah well. I'm having fun going back after the second ending and getting all the items. Metroid needs more of that; just loading up a finished save, getting a second mission for fun, then loading it a third time to get everything.

Yeah, it was a cool concept. I beat the second ending as well, but I only got 41% lol. I forgot how this game and Metroid Fusion made me feel the same way. Maybe I just don't enjoy conversation and "GO HERE SAMUS! YOU HAVE NO OPTION FOR EXPLORATION!" in my Metroid.

I've been replaying MP1 and I love being able to collect items in pretty much any manner I want. I always glitch the game at the beginning to get the Space Jump Boots and then proceed to rush through from there. I still have no idea why some people hated the Prime games. All they did was take Super Metroid and put it as a First Person Adventure game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 696692)
@Doug: Yeah, that one, just on the PS2.

I really think that that was the best Silent Hill game (I liked the second game almost as much). I liked the puzzles and the exploration, even if the story was a bit ridiculous at times.

Dimnos Aug 30th, 2010 10:23 AM

Anyone here play Quake Live?

Phoenix Gamma Aug 30th, 2010 02:06 PM

Prime 1 has a pretty slow pace to it, and scanning slowed it down even more. Plus, putting it in first person turned the super acrobatic walking natural disaster that was Samus and made her a tank on legs. Oh, and I hated the gamecube controls, espeically when the game threw in the fucking Chozo ghosts. I started it again in Prime Trilogy, but I can't play it for long sessions like the 2D games.

And give Fusion another shot. The story's better than Other M, and really just exists to explain WHY you're going to that room over there. Prime marks you map just like Fusion does, but doesn't really tell you why you're going there other than "hey this room has a high level of splorgenfaggerdorp minerals." Fusion just does that and adds purpose behind it, like "this species in this area is fucking up the power on the ship. You're not going to be able to use the elevator on the main deck until those assholes are taken care of" And the last act of that game is just fantastic and did Metroid justice.

DougClayton4231 Aug 30th, 2010 05:35 PM

Fusion pissed me off more than anything with the cryptic paths from A-B later in the game and the absurdly difficult boss battles. The gravity monster had me stuck for days lol.

darkvare Aug 30th, 2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 696712)
Anyone here play Quake Live?

i played it when it was on beta is it still free?

Phoenix Gamma Aug 30th, 2010 07:30 PM

Telltale is making a card game. A crossover cardgame. Starring characters from Penny Arcade, Team Fortress 2, Sam and Max, and Homestar Runner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71B11mBOw0A
Kinda wish it wasn't Texas Hold'Em though :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 696756)
Fusion pissed me off more than anything with the cryptic paths from A-B later in the game and the absurdly difficult boss battles. The gravity monster had me stuck for days lol.

The paths are supposed to be crypic. That's the whole point of Metroid :(

DougClayton4231 Aug 30th, 2010 08:13 PM

I enjoy cryptic, I just hated that in some places there was no indication of where to go whatsoever. At least the new Donkey Kong is coming out to fill the void in my heart lol. Even if they somehow ruin it, I'll still play through the whole game.

Anyone else completely psyched for the new Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs Capcom? I'm definitely going to invest in a 360 controller with a functioning D-pad. Oh yeah, and Dead Rising 2?

darkvare Aug 30th, 2010 09:58 PM

i am and luckily dead rising comes out on the day of mah birthday hooray :)

Dimnos Aug 30th, 2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 696766)
i played it when it was on beta is it still free?

Its still free but they also have "premium content". Anyway I went to Quakecon the other weekend and they sent me a code for 7 days free of the "premium content" however I dont play the game. So anyone who actually does, send me a PM and Ill give you the code.

DougClayton4231 Aug 31st, 2010 08:37 AM

Awesome. Does anyone know if the co-op will be xbox live only? Cause, I refuse to pay to use my own internet service for Microsoft to piggyback of. If they actually dedicated servers to users, it might be worth the money.

darkvare Aug 31st, 2010 10:16 PM

anyone else bought dead rising case zero? is just 5 bucks i like the weapon combos

Fathom Zero Aug 31st, 2010 10:51 PM

It's fun fun fun fun fun

DougClayton4231 Sep 1st, 2010 09:23 AM

I got to see Kinect in action at my local mall and man is that shit not going to sell. Adults didn't want to play it and little kids didn't want to play it. The only people who were actually playing it were the Microsoft employees. It looked laggy as shit. The only game that looked remotely decent was the dancing one.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions is probably the best 3d Spiderman game yet. I really like it, it's fun to play and the acting talent and production values are through the roof.

Halo: Reach is by far the best Halo game, but I don't really care for it. It's just a generic fps with a lot of customization options. People will still probably dig all of the multiplayer though.

OxBlood Sep 1st, 2010 03:11 PM

Just finished Yakuza 2. What a great game, wow. Now, on to Yak 3!

Oh and I played the Vanquish-Demo earlier today. So awesome, I gotta have that and soon!

Dr. Boogie Sep 1st, 2010 03:42 PM

A big part of me wants Kinect and Move to fail just so companies will abandon the motion control fad and move onto something else. Same goes for all the 3D stuff.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 1st, 2010 03:59 PM

Everyone who was interested in motion control bought a Wii.