I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Microshock Jan 22nd, 2009 03:28 PM

I got so fucking frustrated with crash commando last night. It's not really the games fault, well it is, because im tired of one hit kills constantly.

So me and my friend got magic ball which pretty much breakout but instead of blocks, its these islands or ships and they break down with PHYSICS.
a lot more calming to play than CC. And i am loving the co-op online with voice chat

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 22nd, 2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 609020)
Finally, FINALLY, beat Persona 4. 68 Hrs and 40Min, about 10Hrs less than the previous game.

I can't decide which I like more. P4 improves so much of the combat and social aspects (actual role playing?! In a videogame?!), but it dropped the ball so many times (two hour introduction?!). I liked P3's characters way more, but I was really sad at the end of P4 too.

I think I'll take a break from RPGs for awhile. I'm not ready to see other people :(

I didn't know they still released PS2 games. Atlus :). I might look into this.

Also the sham wow commercial came on when I was drunk with a few friends. I think I told them I found out the guys name was Phoenix Gamma.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 22nd, 2009 05:01 PM

Heh, no, his name is Vince Offer, and he's a Z-List actor. He's selling Shamwow and other kitchen stuff to pay for a new film. I saw some clip of a movie he was in, which involved dropping a baby into a pool. That should give you an idea of what his resume is composed of :P Got into a huge fight with the Church of Scientology too.

Anyways, yea, Atlus still releases PS2 games. Even the Gamestop clerk was confused when I reserved it. Atlus is the king of niche games. The problem is that their games are hard to find after a few months. If you look into either of the Persona games, you should get them soon.

Speaking of which, I started playing P3FES, because I never explored any of the bonus stuff. Anyone ever get all fuzzy inside when they pick up an old game? I love playing an old RPG and seeing everyone I know. It's like seeing old friends, except you get to kill shit :D

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 22nd, 2009 06:17 PM

I've been playing FFXI but my internet went out on my night off. I was about to start playing Arc the Lad 2 again to finish it but I went to sleep instead.

Dimnos Jan 23rd, 2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yggdrasill (Post 502995)
RE4: Wii Edition. And i'm about to beat Zelda 2.

Someone told me that in RE on the Wii you dont get to move your character. The game moves you forward when you are done shooting all the enemies in an area, like the old arcade shooters. Is this true for RE4? Or were they perhaps talking about the Umbrella Chronicles?

MarioRPG Jan 23rd, 2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 609248)
Someone told me that in RE on the Wii you dont get to move your character. The game moves you forward when you are done shooting all the enemies in an area, like the old arcade shooters. Is this true for RE4? Or were they perhaps talking about the Umbrella Chronicles?

Umbrella Chronicles is that way. Which I'm currently playing.

Fathom Zero Jan 23rd, 2009 03:48 PM

I beat Prey yesterday and can say that it functionally beats Portal.

Dimnos Jan 24th, 2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 609254)
Umbrella Chronicles is that way. Which I'm currently playing.

is it the same for RE4 on the Wii?

Phoenix Gamma Jan 24th, 2009 01:02 AM

No. It's the same as the Gamecube game.

Seven Force Jan 24th, 2009 11:40 PM

Mr. Bucket

Big McLargehuge Jan 24th, 2009 11:49 PM

Psyconauts, i got it at a yard sale for 2 dollars ;0. It is one of the best platformers i have ever played.

darkvare Jan 24th, 2009 11:55 PM

i'm replaying shaolin monks right now but this time on the ps2 i may download psychonauts lol

Big McLargehuge Jan 25th, 2009 04:37 PM

The Witcher, it is RAD.

Angryhydralisk Jan 26th, 2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 609091)
Heh, no, his name is Vince Offer, and he's a Z-List actor. He's selling Shamwow and other kitchen stuff to pay for a new film. I saw some clip of a movie he was in, which involved dropping a baby into a pool. That should give you an idea of what his resume is composed of :P Got into a huge fight with the Church of Scientology too.

Anyways, yea, Atlus still releases PS2 games. Even the Gamestop clerk was confused when I reserved it. Atlus is the king of niche games. The problem is that their games are hard to find after a few months. If you look into either of the Persona games, you should get them soon.

Speaking of which, I started playing P3FES, because I never explored any of the bonus stuff. Anyone ever get all fuzzy inside when they pick up an old game? I love playing an old RPG and seeing everyone I know. It's like seeing old friends, except you get to kill shit :D

Shamwow Vince is awesome. Like Billy Mays munis the PCP.

Anyways, been playing Order of Ecclesia again on lv. 50 hard mode so I can get my health, hearts, and MP up to make LV.1 hard mode a wee bit easier, plus two death rings may help.

Adding on: Got all the boss medals. Melio Falcis + Nitesco + Death Ring + Death Ring = A lot of dead monsters (So as long as none of them touch you.)

Dimnos Jan 26th, 2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 609365)
No. It's the same as the Gamecube game.

Sweet! Thanks Phoenix.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 27th, 2009 04:27 PM

Downloaded Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus for PSP last night. Haven't played GG since #Reload, so I was pumped to finally try out A.B.A. and Holy Order Sol.

I wish it came out for PC like #Reload. Netplay was the main reason I kept it installed. Plus, the PSP's not that great for fighters :(

brokensaint82 Jan 27th, 2009 06:08 PM

I agree tryign to play tekken or anything else on the psp sucks cause the litle nub isnt worth shit, but i was goin through my old games the other day and found a little gem of a title called Legend of Legaia for the old Playstation, it came out before FF7 and it works pretty well actually...yeah the graphics are suckish...and the storyline is the same as almost every other rpg, in that your a young boy you has to fght off raping rabbits...or soemthing like that, but the combat is cool, instead of just pressing an atack button you input different commands like a fighting game, like left, left, right, left, up, down. And in you input a special sequence you get a special move different for each character....even though you only get 3 characters its still cool if only for the combat alone.

Big McLargehuge Jan 27th, 2009 06:11 PM

Reading your posts makes me very angry.

brokensaint82 Jan 27th, 2009 06:16 PM

reading yours makes me gassy but you dont hear me complainin

Big McLargehuge Jan 27th, 2009 08:59 PM

shut the fuck up meme-bot.

MetalMilitia Jan 28th, 2009 09:20 PM

I hired Resistance 2 to play though with a friend the other day. Turns out it doesn't really have a co-op campaign mode like the first but the co-op is pretty cool anyway. It's like a weird amalgam of HALO and World of Warcraft. I guess the only problem with it is that it's difficult with only 2 players as you need at least one of each class (medic/sniper/heavy) to do the harder parts of the levels.
We took it online and it's much better. With a full server (8 players) you get an insane number of enemies and really need to work together when the shit hits the fan.

I had a breif play of the single-player campeign and don't really like it. Kind of reminds me of Blacksite:Area 51 or something :/

Shyandquietguy Jan 29th, 2009 12:05 AM

I am playing Bow Master!!!!!

Nick Jan 29th, 2009 01:47 AM

Legend of Legaia had a stupid storyline. Oh god, evil fog.

OxBlood Jan 29th, 2009 10:07 AM

EVERY JRPG has a stupid storyline. I liked Legaia. And I will also mention the evenly unpopular Legend of Dragoon. Nice games.

Zomboid Jan 29th, 2009 02:29 PM

I liked legend of dragoon a lot.