I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   EPA Scientists & Workers Call for an End to Water Fluoridation Because of Cancer Risk (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704920)

Pentegarn Aug 17th, 2010 06:10 AM

That is because Coolinator does not answer, he monologues. He is not interested in a discussion, he is only interested in seeing himself type

Colonel Flagg Aug 17th, 2010 09:54 AM

And emoticons. Him likes him some emoticons.

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 695405)
That article seems to be showing fluoride as a good thing. 31% reduction in cavities without fluoridated water is significant.

So what happened? Your original stance was so weak it finally collapsed to the point where your posts now argue for fluoride?

Isn't it blatantly obvious after the mountains of evidence and scientific studies and legal documentation I've produced that they're giving hazardous waste poison to children.

Which will (as stated previously) cause cancer, neurological harm, organ failure, and skeletal erosion.

These kids never had a chance. Going from a normal IQ to a lower one will make them more easily manageable. Perfect drones for the hive. They will learn to love the poison like you do.

Zhukov Aug 17th, 2010 11:12 AM

Fuck off :lol

The Leader Aug 17th, 2010 11:18 AM

:lol

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 695413)
See, this is why I compared him to Geggy (Philo forum Geggy, that is): there's just a link to a news story, and then an irrelevant comment afterwards. No argument, no debate, no nothing. Just "hey, look at me!"

Have you read any of the information posted in this thread? I repeated myself over a thousand times, posted scientific studies, legal documents, documentaries, new articles detailing how whole entire towns want this out of their water supplies, anyone....anyone with 2 braincells to rub together can look at this information objectively and empirically and come to the same conclusion that millions of people have come to across the globe.

Sodium Fluoride is poisonous and has zero percent medicinal value. It's a known carcinogen. Causes Neurological harm, and attacks the skeletal system. Hence bone cancer.

And don't forget all of the internal organs that in cuts through on its way through the body.

this isn't rocket science.

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 695468)
Isn't it blatantly obvious after the mountains of evidence and scientific studies and legal documentation I've produced that they're giving hazardous waste poison to children.

Too bad they don't hold water :lol

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 695478)
Too bad they don't hold water

tell that to the eleven EPA employee unions. :love

The Leader Aug 17th, 2010 11:20 AM

Coolie is my favorite. :)

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 695477)
Sodium Fluoride is poisonous and has zero percent medicinal value. It's a known carcinogen. Causes Neurological harm, and attacks the skeletal system. Hence bone cancer.

lol no :lol

Zhukov Aug 17th, 2010 11:21 AM

Coolie's arguments can't hold water because then they would be at risk of fluoridation :(

The Leader Aug 17th, 2010 11:23 AM

:rimshot

Zhukov Aug 17th, 2010 11:27 AM

Coolinator have you even read a single one of my books? Or are you just happy to keep being a sheep?

Vast swathes of evidence all ignored simply because you are too busy bleating for the government.

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 11:30 AM

He only studies documents which he can agree with, ignoring everything which is against his views.

Ignorance is a bliss, after all :rolleyes

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 11:36 AM

http://www.naturalnews.com/029477_fluoride_China.html

Here's another one. Not only do they talk about how the Sodium Fluoride made in China is contaminated with heavy metals BUT they also say farther down in the article that Sodium Fluoride itself is as I stated a poison.

So its a double hit.
Quote:

"The material safety data sheets from Solvay fluorides show that a teaspoon amount of five grams of sodium fluoride can be fatal to an average size man of 70kg. ... chronic toxicity by oral route may cause skeletal and dental fluorosis, thyroid, testes, kidney, liver, ambiguous carcinogenic and mutagenic effects, fetotoxic and fertility effects."

The Leader Aug 17th, 2010 11:44 AM

Coolie, do you understand what a scientific study is? It's not an article about people who are against fluoridation from a website that is against fluoridation.

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 11:51 AM

1) Do you realize that in order to get 5g of fluoride into your system, you would need to drink thousands of litres of water?

2) I'm having hard time taking this article seriously, when it's located on a site called "natural news" and it's only source is "fluoridealert.org", and the source material itself written by the guy mentioned in the article.

Colonel Flagg Aug 17th, 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasted Child (Post 695130)
Kind of fascinating how much energy [Coolio spends] on this issue. I don't think Sodium Flouride has been discussed this much on any internet forum ever, including forums for dentists, or even forums for scientists who research about sodium flouride and its potential dangers.

As far as I can tell, most of the mocking crew is ... well, mocking. Coolie (and for a short while, Brotherhood) are the only ones taking this seriously.

Cools, I don't know who you're trying to convince anymore. I don't believe anyone here will read anything you write on this topic (and that is if you write anything at all, which is doubtful). My advice - start a facebook fan-club on fluoride-haters.

Or better yet, buy this guy's newsletter.

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 695492)
Coolie, do you understand what a scientific study is? It's not an article about people who are against fluoridation from a website that is against fluoridation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 695057)

I posted them before. Guess you didn't care to read them because it may conflict with your established paradigm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 695494)
1) Do you realize that in order to get 5g of fluoride into your system, you would need to drink thousands of litres of water?

Showering in it, cooking food in it, brushing your teeth with it, fluoride mouth rinse, .....I highly doubt it would take thousands of liters.

Quote:

2) I'm having hard time taking this article seriously, when it's located on a site called "natural news" and it's only source is "fluoridealert.org", and the source material itself written by the guy mentioned in the article.

attack the messenger not the message. :\ A pavlovian reflex I've seen quite a bit around here. Colonel Flagg is guilty of this as well.

Colonel Flagg Aug 17th, 2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Hey RannyK - Did Coolsie-Woolsie ever address your question on fluoride concentration in Finnish groundwater?

Are you dead yet? :x

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 12:05 PM

Rannyk, doesn't seem to grasp the simple issue that there is a natural form of fluoride that is called Calcium Fluoride. He has combined the two in his head and I'm unable to make him see the difference between the naturally occurring mineral and the toxic waste poison they put in everything else called SODIUM fluoride.

Another article.

Quote:

Researchers are intensifying their scrutiny of fluoride, which is added to most public water systems in the U.S. Some recent studies suggest that overconsumption of fluoride can raise the risks of disorders affecting teeth, bones, the brain and the thyroid gland.
A 2006 report by a committee of the National Research Council recommended that the federal government lower its current limit for fluoride in drinking water because of health risks to both children and adults.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ts-on-fluoride

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 12:09 PM

And coolsie over here seems to fail to grasp the simple issue of basic chemistry that is called solubility of chemical compounds. :rolleyes

You seem to think that when fluoride is paired with calcium everything's a-ok, but when fluoride is paired with sodium it magically turns into SUPR POISON meant to destroy the mankind :rolleyes

Colonel Flagg Aug 17th, 2010 12:11 PM

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

(God I hope this works)

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 695499)
And coolsie over here seems to fail to grasp the simple issue of basic chemistry that is called solubility of chemical compounds.

You seem to think that when fluoride is paired with calcium everything's a-ok, but when fluoride is paired with sodium it magically turns into SUPR POISON meant to destroy the mankind

1. If you dissolve arsenic in water you get water with arsenic in it. There go if you drink that water you will be also drinking the arsenic in it. Please read my last post on the chronic toxicity on fluoride consumption and the negative effect it has on the human body. Speaking of Sodium Fluoride of course.

2. They are two different chemicals. Read the literature. One is synthetic and the other is naturally occurring.

Calcium Fluoride = Good

Sodium Fluoride = Bad

This is well known science for the last century.

Dr. Boogie Aug 17th, 2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 695477)
Have you read any of the information posted in this thread? I repeated myself over a thousand times, posted scientific studies, legal documents, documentaries, new articles detailing how whole entire towns want this out of their water supplies, anyone....anyone with 2 braincells to rub together can look at this information objectively and empirically and come to the same conclusion that millions of people have come to across the globe.

Have you read the board rules for sourcing? The ones that say not to simply post links with a vague description of the point you're trying to make so that the reader must slog through pages of soft science to try and come up with an argument for you?

Also, source for the "millions of people" who are as dumb as you.

Quote:

In large amounts. As those who care to argue with you have shown, however, it is beneficial in small amounts, not unlike countless other chemicals, including vitamins!

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 695502)
Have you read the board rules for sourcing? The ones that say not to simply post links with a vague description of the point you're trying to make so that the reader must slog through pages of soft science to try and come up with an argument for you?

The board rules are corrupt and selectively enforced against certain people who do not share the herd mentality. This is an accepted reality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 695502)
In large amounts. As those who care to argue with you have shown, however, it is beneficial in small amounts, not unlike countless other chemicals, including vitamins!

No,

Sodium fluoride as state above, below, sideways, and front ways is a well know, well documented, and well understood poison which has NO and I mean NO medicinal value. It never had a medicinal value, it never will have a medicinal value, it was created as an insecticide and is still used as an insecticide. Its a synthetic by product of the aluminum and fertilizer industry and its health effects include bone cancer, neurological decay, organ failure, and infertility.

Look.

Quote:

Sodium Fluoride

a colorless, crystalline, water-soluble, poisonous solid, NaF, used chiefly in the fluoridation of water, as an insecticide, and as a rodenticide

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Sodium+Fluoride

Quote:

Calcium fluoride

a white, crystalline compound, CaF 2 , insoluble in water, occurring in nature as the mineral fluorite: used as a flux in metallurgy and as a decay preventive in dentifrices.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Calcium+fluoride
NOW LOOK ON THE BACK OF YOUR TOOTHPASTE TUBE. Which one does it say? :lol

Colonel Flagg Aug 17th, 2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 695503)
The board rules are corrupt and selectively enforced against certain people who do not share the herd mentality. This is an accepted reality.

Funny how the vast majority of regular posters have no problems with the rules.

OH NO WAIT I-MOCK MODERATORS ARE ELITIST OLIGARCHS KEEPIN' THE MAN DOWN BY CENSORSHIP AND SELECTIVE EDITING!

Quote:

NOW LOOK ON THE BACK OF YOUR TOOTHPASTE TUBE. Which one does it say? :lol

Look on the FRONT LABEL of yours, big guy. :lol2

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 695505)
Look on the FRONT LABEL of yours, big guy. :lol2

Dr. Boogie Aug 17th, 2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

It is a rule system that thwarts your only method of argumentation, so you ignore it, just as you ignore evidence that debunks your arguments and sources.

Quote:

No,

Sodium fluoride as state above, below, sideways, and front ways is a well know, well documented, and well understood poison which has NO and I mean NO medicinal value. It never had a medicinal value, it never will have a medicinal value, it was created as an insecticide and is still used as an insecticide. Its a synthetic by product of the aluminum and fertilizer industry and its health effects include bone cancer, neurological decay, organ failure, and infertility.
Potassium is used in electrolysis and lethal injection, yet doctors recommend you consume a certain amount of it for the sake of nutrition, even though it can lead to renal failure in large amounts.

Why is that? Are doctors and scientists really out to poison as many people as they can? If so, why? Money, in the form of kickbacks from Big Potassium? If so, how could so many different people, so many different organizations, be directed towards such a diabolical goal? Surely they can't all be sharing in the profits. That would mean that each of the conspirators would be getting mere pennies for betraying the whole of society.

The same goes for your grand Sodium Fluoride theory. The reasoning behind it doesn't hold up. Your sources don't hold up. And when this is shown to you, you ignore it and post another junk science link with a variation on "no guys, it's good for you!"

The Leader Aug 17th, 2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 695496)
I posted them before. Guess you didn't care to read them because it may conflict with your established paradigm.

Yes, I read those. You seem to think that everything you post is a scientific study, though. Usually it's just from that All Natural website. You're just too brainwashed to see it. :x

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 695505)
Look on the FRONT LABEL of yours, ig guy.

It doesn't matter what brand it is....all that matters is if its free of Sodium Fluoride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 695511)
Yes, I read those. You seem to think that everything you post is a scientific study, though. Usually it's just from that All Natural website. You're just too brainwashed to see it.

Quote:

Bhatnagar M, et al. (2002). Neurotoxicity of fluoride: neurodegeneration in hippocampus of female mice. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 40: 546-54. (See abstract)

Li Y, et al. (1994). [Effect of excessive fluoride intake on mental work capacity of children and a preliminary study of its mechanism] Hua Hsi I Ko Ta Hsueh Hsueh Pao. 25(2):188-91. (See abstract)

National Research Council. (2006). Neurotoxicity and Neurobehavioral Effects. In: Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards. National Academies Press, Washington D.C. (See chapter)

Schettler T, et al. (2000). Known and suspected developmental neurotoxicants. pp. 90-92. In: In Harms Way - Toxic Threats to Child Development. Greater Boston Physicians for Social Responsibility: Cambridge, MA. (See excerpt)

Azar HA, et al. (1961). Skeletal fluorosis due to chronic fluoride intoxication. Annals of Internal Medicine 55:193-200.

Paul V, et al. (1998). Effects of sodium fluoride on locomotor behavior and a few biochemical parameters in rats. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 6: 187–191. (See abstract)
Qin LS, Cui SY. (1990). The influence of drinking water fluoride on pupils IQ, as measured by Rui Wen's standards. Chinese Journal of the Control of Endemic Diseases 5:203-204.

These aren't scientific studies? O....K....:lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 695510)

The same goes for your grand Sodium Fluoride theory. The reasoning behind it doesn't hold up. Your sources don't hold up. And when this is shown to you, you ignore it and post another junk science link with a variation on "no guys, it's good for you!"

I'm just mocking people who think drinking and brushing their teeth with a well known rodenticide and insecticide is good for them. Isn't this I-Mockery?

But to counter your point, its very simple really, they don't want to pay the huge fees for the disposal of hazardous waste. So they solve pollution...with dilution ....and they feed it to the poor slobs all the while telling them that its "good" for them.

Its not a conspiracy...nor is it a very complicated. Its just business, and an added bonus is that it makes people morons and after a prolonged period of time very sick. So, its a win / win situation for them. They take themselves off the hook for paying haz-waste disposal fees, they make the people a bunch of easily manageable low grade morons who never question their reality, AND they create new customers for the medical industry. Its great. :lol

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 695510)
Are doctors and scientists really out to poison as many people as they can?

Just wait untill I graduate, then I'll pay a visit to the states

with vengeance :conspiracy

TheCoolinator Aug 17th, 2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Are doctors and scientists really out to poison as many people as they can?
Certain doctors and scientists are given the conclusions before the experimentation even begins. They go where the funding is. We have to make our own decisions. If all the information points to something being harmful to you then it may just be harmful to you.

Look at those dictionary definitions again.

Colonel Flagg Aug 17th, 2010 02:59 PM

Certain weak-minded individuals hear bleating about a cause-du-jour, or find videos on YouTube or Google and begin parroting its rhetoric like it was the Gospel according to St. Matthew.

I prefer to do my own experimentation and follow my own path, using data that I've collected myself, thank you. You might try to do the same.

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 03:04 PM

You could atleast read those researches, instead of just picking them out because you agree with the titles. :rolleyes

Every research was done by using water with excessive/elevated fluoride concentrations. None of us has claimed that fluoride wouldn't be harmful when taken excessively. :rolleyes

Also the studies lacked further detail and stated that further research is required. :rolleyes

Pentegarn Aug 17th, 2010 03:11 PM

You are so full of shit Coolie that manure gatherers want to slob your knob

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolie
Quote:

Researchers are intensifying their scrutiny of fluoride, which is added to most public water systems in the U.S. Some recent studies suggest that overconsumption of fluoride can raise the risks of disorders affecting teeth, bones, the brain and the thyroid gland.
A 2006 report by a committee of the National Research Council recommended that the federal government lower its current limit for fluoride in drinking water because of health risks to both children and adults.

Define overconsumption if you could.

Ranny at least mentions 5 grams, and what it would take to get there. You have said nada to that though. Why is that? Probably because it casts a harsh light on your weird agenda.

Speaking of...

Why the fuck are you crusading(badly I might add), on a comedy forum, against sodium fluoride? Could you show us on the doll where sodium fluoride touched you? More to the point, why after decades of drinking tap water and brushing my teeth with Colgate, to zero adverse effects, would I even bother doing anything your delusional ass says?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Colinateher
The board rules are corrupt and selectively enforced against certain people who do not share the herd mentality. This is an accepted reality

You spelled "Coolie is a whiny bitch who cries about rules when a debate doesn't go his way." wrong.

http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vi.../fluoride.html

The above link says that yes, in large quantities it can be poisonous. But so can water in and of itself (water intoxication anyone?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolbraincellsdiefirst
Calcium Fluoride = Good

Quote:

Originally Posted by linked article above
Both calcium and magnesium form insoluble complexes with fluoride and are capable of significantly decreasing fluoride absorption when present in the same meal.

In other words, they decrease the fluoride absorption which decreases the dental benefit. Making your statement more like:

Calcium Fluoride = pointless in this discussion

Finally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn
But for the love of God, at least be consistent. If your stance is that it is to be avoided if it can ever be poisonous (as you seem to be arguing) then apply it to everything.

No water

No breathing

No pretty much anything

I see you have failed to listen to my advice. You have not been consistent. You are still posting, therefore you are still breathing.

Therefore, you sir, are a hypocrite

RaNkeri Aug 17th, 2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 695527)
I see you have failed to listen to my advice.

Well, he has received a lot of advices, guess he just forgot yours :lol

The Leader Aug 17th, 2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 695514)
These aren't scientific studies? O....K....:lol

See, you can't even understand what I write. How are we supposed to trust... Oh wait, you don't really write anything yourself. Never mind.

kahljorn Aug 17th, 2010 06:10 PM

:lol, he thinks a bibliography is a scientific study.

Supafly345 Aug 17th, 2010 10:27 PM

Oh christ, he now has conspiracy theories about the forum. I think he knows he's totally crashed in blazing failure and has resorted to simple trolling.

But all he's doing is making everyone else feel smart in comparison by his easily debunkable bullshit. AND OUR EGOS ARE TOO BIG ALREADY.

Supafly345 Aug 17th, 2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 695524)
I prefer to do my own experimentation and follow my own path, using data that I've collected myself, thank you. You might try to do the same.

What

Pentegarn Aug 17th, 2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly345 (Post 695578)
AND OUR EGOS ARE TOO BIG ALREADY.

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION OUR ENORMOUS COCKS

Colonel Flagg Aug 18th, 2010 01:17 AM

^^^ That's one big cock. :eek

Dr. Boogie Aug 18th, 2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

I'm just mocking people who think drinking and brushing their teeth with a well known rodenticide and insecticide is good for them. Isn't this I-Mockery?

They aren't. They're brushing their teeth with a product that includes minute amounts of a compound that is shown to help combat tooth decay, and is shown to be harmful only in large amounts. The fact that you have still failed to grasp this points to brain damage, possibly from that time you ate four tubes of toothpaste to show how an overdose can cause mental retardation.

Quote:

But to counter your point, its very simple really, they don't want to pay the huge fees for the disposal of hazardous waste. So they solve pollution...with dilution ....and they feed it to the poor slobs all the while telling them that its "good" for them.

Its not a conspiracy...nor is it a very complicated.
You mentioned that I should double-check some definitions, yet you don't know what a conspiracy is. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you really do understand a conspiracy is an evil/illegal act that involves more than one person. If you truly believe that this is all the work of just one person, why not prank call them?

Anyway, I assume "they" refers to companies that produce Sodium Fluoride as waste.

Walk me through how they get it from their factories to the water supply. Let's just assume that everyone at that company, from the CEO who decides to put the waste in the water down to the truck drivers who have to transport the stuff, are diabolical enough to be in on the conspiracy to poison the water supply for profit.

How are they able to include so many outside people, including but not limited to, the scientists behind the research showing the substance to be beneficial in small amounts? How have they been able to penetrate so many different organizations? Why are these bodies, even governmental ones, willing to go along with it? It cannot be profit because there isn't enough to go around, and it can't be explained away with some half-hearted "people are sheep" line.

This is the big problem with conspiracy theorists like you: you come up with these simple theories for why these things happen, but you never take the time to think of all that would be necessary to facilitate them. All the resources that need to be used, all the people who need to be bribed/dealt with, etc.

Quote:

If all the information points to something being harmful to you then it may just be harmful to you.
Indeed. Thankfully, all the information is pointing to the levels of sodium fluoride being good for your teeth. You've attempted to argue to the contrary, but have failed to provide any evidence to show that any amount of the substance, no matter how small, is bad for you.

Look, how about a compromise: there's a page on wikipedia about fluoride poisoning, and it begins with the line "In high concentrations..." Why don't you spend a week or so trying to get them to change to that to "In any amount or concentration..." so everyone will know the terrible truth? You're wasting your gift for debate here, Coolie! The world needs to know your information! Just hurl links at them until they relent! It doesn't matter what the links say!

Colonel Flagg Aug 18th, 2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 695535)
he thinks a bibliography is a scientific study.

It IS! There are lots of big words in the titles of those papers - many of which sound "sciencey" and shit. I'm sure he had to study lots and lots just to be able to Google them.

Zhukov Aug 18th, 2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 695596)

Anyway, I assume "they" refers to companies that produce Sodium Fluoride as waste.

I seem to recall going through this in the last Fluoride Wars, and not getting any sort of concrete statement.

Evil Robot Aug 18th, 2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

The united states must burn for it's crime of supporting the zionist regime. I pledge my life to bring suffering to the infidels.

Among other things.....

kahljorn Aug 18th, 2010 03:15 AM

:O
Quote:

Can Fluoride Cause Harm?
As with other compounds, fluoride is safe and effective when used properly, but it can be hazardous at high doses. All water-fluoridation systems are checked daily to maintain safe fluoride levels. Parents should supervise the use of all fluoride products in the home.
Fluoride-supplement tablets should be stored safely away from young children. These supplements are taken each day in small quantities, ranging from 0.25 to 1 milligram per day based on the child's age and amount of fluoride in the water. Dentists limit the amount of tablets they prescribe at one time because the toxic dose of fluoride for a 2-year-old child weighing 22 pounds is 320 milligrams. To avoid any chance of overdose, do not stock up on fluoride tablets. If you have any questions regarding fluoride risks, talk to your dentist or physician.
Toxic fluoride doses are based on weight, and a toxic dose of fluoride for an 8-year-old child weighing 45 pounds is 655 milligrams. In comparison, an 8-ounce glass of water fluoridated to 1 part per million contains 0.25 milligrams of fluoride. Since these fluoride products are used in such small amounts, it is very difficult to receive toxic doses when using fluoride products at home.

Dimnos Aug 18th, 2010 10:26 AM

Because its better than anything currently being discussed in this thread.

Zhukov Aug 18th, 2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

a toxic dose of fluoride for an 8-year-old child weighing 45 pounds is 655 milligrams. In comparison, an 8-ounce glass of water fluoridated to 1 part per million contains 0.25 milligrams of fluoride.
Yes, but that means an eight year old child only has to ingest 2620 glasses of water at once. Easily achievable on a hot day, I tell you what.

Dr. Boogie Aug 18th, 2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 695601)
I seem to recall going through this in the last Fluoride Wars, and not getting any sort of concrete statement.

Yeah, I had a feeling. Granted, we could say the same thing about everything we've brought up on the issue with him.

TheCoolinator Aug 18th, 2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 695605)
:O

Isn't this quote against forum rules? :lol

Dimnos Aug 18th, 2010 02:28 PM

From the other thread but in an effort to contain it to this one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 695554)
(Calcium fluoride will also provide this, and does in places like Scandinavia and Texas. That's why they don't fluoridate there.)

Actually we do fluoridate here in Texas, at least in the DFW area. However its averaged to be 0.5 ppm.

TheCoolinator Aug 18th, 2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 695636)
F

Actually we do fluoridate here in Texas, at least in the DFW area. However its averaged to be 0.5 ppm.

That's good. Enjoy it. You'll be healthier.

Quote:

In a letter published in the Cumberland Times-News, Miltenberger notes that he first became aware of the issue in an engineering report for the city of Boulder, Colo. The report noted that the fluoridation chemicals used for the city's water had been evaluated, and were found to contain lead levels of 40 milligrams per bag and arsenic levels of 50 milligrams per bag. The bags were being imported from China under no regulatory monitoring of acid or salt content.

http://www.naturalnews.com/029477_fluoride_China.html
Double hit.

Sodium fluoride (Carcinogen / Developmental harm / mutagen / Neurotoxin ) AND Heavy metals mixed in (Carcinogen / Developmental harm / mutagen / Neurotoxin)

Esuohlim Aug 18th, 2010 06:37 PM

WEBSITES ARE NEVER A CREDIBLE SOURCE. EVER. Unless they are real scientific studies published in real scientific journals whose online versions have real published hard copy versions, they are not credible. ESPECIALLY not from a .com website riddled with absolute junk-science advertisements for "health" products designed solely for the purpose of scamming people.

If you were writing a college thesis on your claims you would fail automatically for seriously using a site like that as a source for your argument. Unless you can find me a real source from a real research database outlining an experiment done by real scientists using real experimental methods that actually show evidence to the fact that sodium fluoride is harmful to humans in the amounts that are actually provided to the consumer in tap water and toothpaste, you will be banned. You have until the end of Saturday, August 21st 2010.

You obviously aren't smart enough for this argument if you don't know the difference between actual credibility and complete bullshit. Your tendency to ignore posts and refusal to backup your arguments with legitimate sources is bordering on trolling. We've been going in circles for months, and I'm getting sick of it. Follow through or you're done.

Pentegarn Aug 18th, 2010 08:01 PM

At first I was bummed out by this but....

My girlfriend just reminded me that coumadin contains warfarin, which is also used for rat poison.

Coolie's stance is if it is poisonous in large amounts it is always poisonous and we should ban its use

Coumadin saved my girlfriend from dying 2 years ago, if Coolie had his way, she would be dead. >:

Fuck you Coolie! I now can't wait for Thrillho to ban your ass!. You were a fun forum toy, but I am reminded how nutjobs like you can be a threat to others, and I too am sick of you.

Your stupidity directed at me or at this forum is one thing, but when how you think becomes a threat to those I love, the gloves come off. >:

Colonel Flagg Aug 19th, 2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 695636)

In my haste, I forgot for a second that Texas is a beeeeg place. I need to go back to the history books (not to mention geology) to figure out where the highest concentrations of fluorite are in the Big T.

Colonel Flagg Aug 19th, 2010 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 695651)
Coumadin saved my girlfriend from dying 2 years ago, if Coolie had his way, she would be dead.

Glad your GF is OK, Pent. :)

Zhukov Aug 19th, 2010 08:06 AM

Ah well, I think there were ome good, funny comments generated at Coolie's expense, but I guess everyone is sick of him. Bye Cools, you will never not spout garbage and find something credible, so I guess you may as well call this forum CORRUPT and slink off before you get banned, and just pretend that you COULD find sources BUT WHAT'S THE POINT IN SHOWING US SHEEP HOW THE WORLD ACTUALLY RUNS?

kahljorn Aug 19th, 2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Isn't this quote against forum rules? :lol
HJAHA YOURE GETTING BANNED

Dimnos Aug 19th, 2010 11:02 AM

Is he really going to get banned for trolling?

Tadao Aug 19th, 2010 11:59 AM

It's not even trolling, it's just boring.

Colonel Flagg Aug 19th, 2010 12:16 PM

It's been just like talking to a small stone.

EDIT: But less informative and more tiresome.

Dimnos Aug 19th, 2010 12:59 PM

I dont know man. If I were in Coolies shoes I think I might be laughing my ass off. He comes in here and makes one BS post about some BS research and we all get worked up like a bunch of Jr high kids getting their first handy.

Colonel Flagg Aug 19th, 2010 01:03 PM

Sorta like Clement or Sham, but more efficient?

Tadao Aug 19th, 2010 01:06 PM

3 or 4 people is not "we"

:rolleyes

Dimnos Aug 19th, 2010 01:12 PM

I was trying to inclusive and not point fingers.

Tadao Aug 19th, 2010 01:16 PM

His ego can't handle that status.

Esuohlim Aug 19th, 2010 02:20 PM

As a moderator who pretty much has to read all posts around here, I'm tired of reading the same stuff over and over again. And again, this as been going on since maybe April. Shit's getting boring. DEAL WITH IT DIMNOS OR YOU'LL BE RIDING THE KNUCKLE SANDWICH TRAIN TO FIST CITY

Dimnos Aug 19th, 2010 02:42 PM

In other words if we just quit talking to him about this fluoride shit you wouldnt have to read it.

Esuohlim Aug 19th, 2010 03:24 PM

If you're going to miss Coolie that much I suggest exchanging email addresses

Dimnos Aug 19th, 2010 03:46 PM

Im not going to miss him. It just seams like a silly reason to ban someone. But hey your the mod, do whatever you want.

Tadao Aug 19th, 2010 04:07 PM

YEAH ESU, I-MOCK FORUMS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A FREE PLACE TO ACT HOWEVER YOU WANT WITHIN THE GUIDELINES!

Dr. Boogie Aug 19th, 2010 05:01 PM

I've thought about giving him one of these ultimatum posts for a while now because he steadfastly refuses to cite any of his "evidence". And since he's come out and said he has no intention of going along with the new board rule about that very thing, I don't really have a problem with it.

Pentegarn Aug 19th, 2010 05:14 PM

^^^

This

Also, to reiterate my new found stance, fuck Coolie

Esuohlim Aug 19th, 2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 695736)
Im not going to miss him. It just seams like a silly reason to ban someone. But hey your the mod, do whatever you want.

See, you're missing the point that I'm giving him four full days to find me one legitimate source. There are tons of scientific journal databases and with minimal effort I'm sure anybody can find a source that backs Coolie up even if it's some 1953 experiment done in Belgium that was later debunked.

If Coolie truly believes that what claims is a reality then this should be a very easy way to avoid a ban.

Tadao Aug 19th, 2010 06:09 PM

WHAT'S UP YOUR BUTT?

Colonel Flagg Aug 19th, 2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 695747)
See, you're missing the point that I'm giving him four full days to find me one legitimate source. There are tons of scientific journal databases and with minimal effort I'm sure anybody can find a source that backs Coolie up even if it's some 1953 experiment done in Belgium that was later debunked.

With his talent at using Google searching and his prediliction for finding wackos on YouTube, you'd think he would be able to channel his considerable ability for a few minutes to find and summarize completely for us heathens a peer-reviewed scientific journal article illustrating his point that this "poison" should be banned for all time.

Even though this is not a poll, I feel that he really contributes very little to political discussions, except to say :sleep or :lol or yawn* when someone dares disagree with one of his points. So ban his ass; not fluoride.

Esuohlim Aug 19th, 2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 695759)
WHAT'S UP YOUR BUTT?

SODIUM FLUORIDE-BORNE VIRUSES, BACTERIA, YOU NAME IT

TheCoolinator Aug 20th, 2010 01:52 AM

I'm not amused by Esuohlim's behavior,

and whats wrong with these studies?

Quote:

Bhatnagar M, et al. (2002). Neurotoxicity of fluoride: neurodegeneration in hippocampus of female mice. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 40: 546-54. (See abstract)

Li Y, et al. (1994). [Effect of excessive fluoride intake on mental work capacity of children and a preliminary study of its mechanism] Hua Hsi I Ko Ta Hsueh Hsueh Pao. 25(2):188-91. (See abstract)

National Research Council. (2006). Neurotoxicity and Neurobehavioral Effects. In: Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards. National Academies Press, Washington D.C. (See chapter)

Schettler T, et al. (2000). Known and suspected developmental neurotoxicants. pp. 90-92. In: In Harms Way - Toxic Threats to Child Development. Greater Boston Physicians for Social Responsibility: Cambridge, MA. (See excerpt)

Azar HA, et al. (1961). Skeletal fluorosis due to chronic fluoride intoxication. Annals of Internal Medicine 55:193-200.

Paul V, et al. (1998). Effects of sodium fluoride on locomotor behavior and a few biochemical parameters in rats. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 6: 187–191. (See abstract)
Qin LS, Cui SY. (1990). The influence of drinking water fluoride on pupils IQ, as measured by Rui Wen's standards. Chinese Journal of the Control of Endemic Diseases 5:203-204.

Also....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sodium+Fluoride+scientific+studies

and finally...here is the full bibliography of scientific studies on Sodium Fluoride.

http://www.slweb.org/bibliography.html

RaNkeri Aug 20th, 2010 02:24 AM

You would already know if you would actually read others' posts instead of ignoring them :rolleyes

TheCoolinator Aug 20th, 2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 695791)
You would already know if you would actually read others' posts instead of ignoring them

Are you telling me that these are not scientific studies?

http://www.slweb.org/bibliography.html

RaNkeri Aug 20th, 2010 02:50 AM

I'm telling you to go to previous pages and look what we've said before, to get answer to your previous question :rolleyes

TheCoolinator Aug 20th, 2010 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 695799)
I'm telling you to go to previous pages and look what we've said before, to get answer to your previous question

From his description these are completely fine. Many of them have been published, and they were published very long ago meaning that this has been know for quite a while.

Have you clicked on the link yet?

RaNkeri Aug 20th, 2010 03:12 AM

Funny, I don't recall saying that anything you've posted was "completely fine" :rolleyes

Esuohlim Aug 20th, 2010 03:51 AM

Coolie, all those studies involve pumping rats with unrealistically LARGE amounts of sodium fluoride. We all agree that excessive sodium fluoride is bad. We have endlessly pointed out that excessive ANYTHING is bad. There is no debate in that area.

OBVIOUSLY to the rational people here, meaning everyone but you, miniscule amounts of dangerous substances are beneficial to the human body. EVERYTHING that our body needs to function is horribly dangerous at an excessive level. Ever heard of iodine? It's poisonous, but we need it. That's why we have iodized salt.

POST A SOURCE THAT SHOWS THAT SODIUM FLUORIDE IS DANGEROUS AT THE LEVEL PROVIDED BY TAP WATER AND TOOTHPASTE, NOT AT DANGEROUSLY HIGH LEVELS

jesus christ

By the way, a link to a bibliography and the suggestion to google search "sodium fluoride scientific studies" is definitely not what I asked for (ESPECIALLY the latter). Telling us to find it ourselves is the just perpetuating the same bullshit that's becoming a factor in you being banned.

kahljorn Aug 20th, 2010 07:56 AM

i clicked on some links and found some scientific studies :O :O

most of them use words like, "over-dose," nd excessive and involve dosages up to 50mg in small rabbits, for example.

it only took me two minutes to discover this :O

Zhukov Aug 20th, 2010 08:50 AM

It only takes a half second glance at the titles (my usual process for scientific examination) to notice they say things like "Effect of excessive fluoride intake" and "chronic fluoride intoxication".

I was about to mention that the only one to mention fluoridation in water and it's effects on children, doesn't have a link. But then I would be asking Coolies for a link, which is like asking Kahl to hold the shift key when typing.

Dimnos Aug 20th, 2010 10:26 AM

Here in America we have this thing called a caps lock. :rolleyes

Pentegarn Aug 20th, 2010 11:51 AM

In Soviet Russia, caps lock you

Pentegarn Aug 20th, 2010 12:02 PM

Back on the issue of Coolie's failure to follow instructions...

He either gives scientific studies that say "excessive fluoride is bad" or letters from activists, neither of which are what Milpool asked for. Then he tries to play the condescending asshole card by dropping a lmgtfy link, as though we don't know how to google. What he wants is for us to do his research for him, and when we don't he drops lines like "it is not my job to do your research for you" which registers a 10 on the hypocrite-o-meter because that is exactly what he wants from us. And when he isn't trying to trick us into researching his counterarguments for him, he is acting indignant that we don't take his crackpot beliefs on faith. Sorry Coolie, I take nothing on faith. What you have provided us is fanciful leaps in logic without real evidence to the point you are trying to make. You deserve your imminent ban

Dimnos Aug 20th, 2010 12:56 PM

TheCoolinator Aug 20th, 2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 695855)

yep. :sleep

This thread was just supposed be a post about the EPA unions taking action against the dangers of Sodium Fluoride not another circle jerk.

The Leader Aug 20th, 2010 01:27 PM

Colonel Flagg Aug 20th, 2010 04:18 PM

He. Just. Doesn't. Get. It.

kahljorn Aug 20th, 2010 06:02 PM

MORE LIKE ITS ASKING ZHUKOV TO BE A STuCK UP PRICK

Supafly345 Aug 20th, 2010 06:21 PM

If there is any significant danger from fluoride, you would definitely find it in these journals:

http://www.nature.com/nature/index.html
http://www.sciencemag.org/

If you can't find it in either of those, it probably isn't reputable.

Tadao Aug 20th, 2010 06:43 PM

Those reputable organizations are funded by the man to spread their lies!

kahljorn Aug 20th, 2010 07:14 PM

i was looking around and there's actually a scientific journal devoted specifically to fluoride research

http://www.fluorideresearch.org/

http://fluoride-journal.com/contents.htm

those are the same organization :O

Tadao Aug 20th, 2010 09:21 PM

Is that first one for visually impaired people?