I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Battleship: The Movie (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707159)

Dr. Boogie Aug 1st, 2011 11:03 PM

Battleship: The Movie

First of all, it's real.

Second, the budget for the movie is right around $200 million.

Third, it's about alien spaceships trying to sink battleships by LAUNCHING PEGS INTO THEM!!!

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I honestly can't decide if it will be a huge, brainless success, or a box office bomb the likes of which haven't been seen for years. I'm thinking the later on account of the enormous budget and the negative publicity over the fact that it's a stupid idea for a movie.

I wish I could find a picture of the peg thing, but all I get when I search for "Battleship movie" are bland promo shots and Brooklyn Decker's tits.

k0k0 Aug 1st, 2011 11:18 PM

You didn't mention Brooklyn Decker's tits were covered by bikini. I go searching for battleship movie for nothing.

As for the movie itself, I hope it fails. I hope all movies like it fail, just to teach hollywood to start giving us movies that have story and aren't based off a comic book cover or board game.

If I'm being negative, I'm sorry. Bad movies killed my father. Bad video game hacks however resuscitated him and nursed him back to health.

executioneer Aug 1st, 2011 11:26 PM

no boardgame movie's ever gonna beat clue, damn it

EVER

Grislygus Aug 1st, 2011 11:27 PM

you can see the newest trailer on youtube, you see the pegs punching into the ship for a few seconds. I can't quite decide if it's going to be a boring splosionfest or be boring due to a lack of explosions, seeing as how it looks like a small number of ships are locked in an oceanbound lasersphere

k0k0 Aug 1st, 2011 11:31 PM

I wonder if at the end, it's going to do one of those things where it zooms back out of earth through space, past all the planets, and then out into a new universe where a little kid throws up his arms and shouts "I WIN!"

Fathom Zero Aug 1st, 2011 11:46 PM

I thought the lasersphere was awesome. And the alien ship looked kinda like the Fallen from that one Transformers movie.

WhiteRat Aug 2nd, 2011 12:50 AM

:lol

This is so terribly cheesy it makes me laugh just watching this trailer. Wow this is something else.

I'm almost at a loss for words here people!

ThrashO Aug 2nd, 2011 10:38 AM

No one mentions Liam Nielson is in it!? I saw a preview of it before Cowboys and Aliens last night (which I thought was pretty badass) and I have to say, before I realized it was based on the board game it looked kind of awesome.

Grislygus Aug 2nd, 2011 11:00 AM

Except for the whole ripping off of Armageddon's lame RAWR YOO ARE LOSER AN MY DAWGHTER GRRRR I SPOSE I WILL LIKE YOU AFTER TOUGH GUY TIMES THO :/ miniplot, which in turn was ripped off from the Hellfighters

Pentegarn Aug 2nd, 2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 734931)

EVER

That's all that needs to be said

Thread over

WhiteRat Aug 2nd, 2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 734993)
Except for the whole ripping off of Armageddon's lame RAWR YOO ARE LOSER AN MY DAWGHTER GRRRR I SPOSE I WILL LIKE YOU AFTER TOUGH GUY TIMES THO :/ miniplot, which in turn was ripped off from the Hellfighters

Maybe we can see another animal cracker jammed in a vagina. :rock

k0k0 Aug 2nd, 2011 06:52 PM

As someone who's done the food sex thing when I was young, I have actually eaten an animal cracker out of a vagina. It's not as appealing as it sounds, and neither is sex + food.

Mockery Aug 3rd, 2011 06:18 PM

Battleship already had its time to shine on the big screen when Bill & Ted sunk Death's battleship.

captain516 Aug 4th, 2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 734931)

EVER

CAN'T WAIT FOR CANDYLAND THE MOVIE

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 10:32 AM

This has to be one of the most absurd movies ever thought up. It's almost retarded that someone would green light this. I feel kind of sorry for Liam Nielson.

Here's some screen shots of the pegs from the trailer.

Dr. Boogie Aug 4th, 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735413)
I feel kind of sorry for Liam Nielson.

Not me. It's not like he's working for scale because he really wanted to be a part of the Battleship phenomenon.

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2011 01:13 PM

I can't wait 'til they explain what the pegs are supposed to do.

Mad Melvin Aug 4th, 2011 01:19 PM

sink the ships duh :rolleyes

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 735439)
Not me. It's not like he's working for scale because he really wanted to be a part of the Battleship phenomenon.

I wonder what he thought when they gave him the script.

Hopefully someone screams "You sank my battleship!" somewhere in the movie.

WhiteRat Aug 4th, 2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735449)
I wonder what he thought when they gave him the script.

Hopefully someone screams "You sank my battleship!" somewhere in the movie.

"Nooooooooo! You sank my battleship! Now it's personal!"

-Hunky lead role

Zhukov Aug 4th, 2011 01:59 PM

This idea sucks majorly. They keep making these because you cunts keep watching them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 735070)
and neither is sex + food.

Bullshit.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 735452)
"Nooooooooo! You sank my battleship! Now it's personal!"

-Hunky lead role

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 735456)
This idea sucks majorly. They keep making these because you cunts keep watching them.

I haven't been to a movie theater since The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :/

Krythor Aug 5th, 2011 09:29 AM

I'm waiting for tense economic thriller "Monopoly," with contemporary references to a Rupert Murdoch-like villain, foiled by a man with silver shoes and a robot dog.

Womti Aug 5th, 2011 12:16 PM

if there's actually a scene where liam neeson says tha, I 'm getting a t-shirt with that on it.

MailCall Aug 5th, 2011 10:57 PM

We'll have no problem against those aliens if we just keep moving the ships around after their turns.