I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Emu Dec 18th, 2007 08:28 PM

That's funny, I'm thinking of picking up Persona 3. It looks neat.

Fathom Zero Dec 18th, 2007 08:33 PM

I looks super better than the one I'm playing. So don't not get Persona 3.

Emu Dec 18th, 2007 08:47 PM

I won't not not not do that.

Sionainn Dec 19th, 2007 12:50 AM

I picked up Chrono Trigger for the Playstation the other day and have been playing it obsessively since, I forgot how much I loved Magus' theme.

Emu Dec 19th, 2007 03:27 PM

The Playstation version just kills the feel of the game for me. The anime sequences are neat, but the loading times srsly detract from the fast-paced battles. :<

In other news, I got Persona 3 and I'm actually really enjoying it. I thought I would hate it because I have a poor opinion of Atlus gameplay quality, but this one is actually really easy to get into because it goes back to the simple Attack, Magic, Item style that everyone else is scurrying away from. The voice acting ranges from decent to superb and the animated sequences are copious and well-made. And seeing the kids shoot themselves in the head to cast a spell never stops being funny. Ever.

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 20th, 2007 12:01 PM

Lethal Enforcers on a Genenis emulator.

MarioRPG Dec 20th, 2007 08:04 PM

WORMS AMARGEDDON :rock:rock:rock

Esuohlim Dec 20th, 2007 09:41 PM

I'm playing New Super Mario Bros. again. I need to find thoroughly engrossing DS games and the only one to come close so far was FF3 :\

I'd get one of the new Pokemons but I'm sort of OCD about buying games that I know I won't be able to ever complete (without buying the other one, as well as like nine other games and link cables fuck that)

MetalMilitia Dec 21st, 2007 03:33 AM

I finally hit level 55 in CoD4 and now I need a new game. >:

Guitar Woman Dec 21st, 2007 04:40 AM

The DS is wireless and you can trade over wifi.

Guitar Woman Dec 22nd, 2007 05:47 AM

I got one of my buddies to get Ocarina of Time off the Virtual Console a while ago, and I had no idea they censored all the Islamic symbolism out of it until I played it at his place today.

They even changed the Middle-Eastern chanting in the Fire Temple's music to the game's generic male choir and the distorted voices from the Shadow Temple music. wtf >:

MLE Dec 22nd, 2007 06:55 AM

That's like when I got the DVD version of "The Last Unicorn" (old children's movie) and they censored both instances of the word "damn" in it.

Sam Dec 22nd, 2007 12:57 PM

THEY MAY CENSOR YOUR DVD BUT I KNOW OF A MAN WHO CAN NEVER BE CENSORED!

Also I am playing Beautiful Katamari. :(

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 22nd, 2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 515180)
The Playstation version just kills the feel of the game for me. The anime sequences are neat, but the loading times srsly detract from the fast-paced battles. :<

I agree on that. Its a great game but it takes too long just to load the menu in the game. Wasn't the New Game + feature also removed (which would make trying to get every ending incrediblity tedious)?

Emu Dec 22nd, 2007 06:42 PM

I don't think it's been removed, and I don't see why it would've been.

MLE Dec 22nd, 2007 07:31 PM

Portal <3 I really like this game. A lot.

Emu Dec 22nd, 2007 08:37 PM

Speaking of PS1 Chrono Trigger, is anyone else having compatability trouble with it? My new PS2 won't play it and doesn't recognize it as a Playstation disc.

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 22nd, 2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 515665)
I don't think it's been removed, and I don't see why it would've been.

My bad. I looked around, and although you don't start with New Game +, you have to beat the game to unlock it (sounds reasonable actually).

Emu Dec 23rd, 2007 02:09 AM

You do in the SNES one, too.

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 23rd, 2007 10:15 AM

Whenever I've rented or bought the SNES game, there were already save files, so I had no idea until now that you actually had to unlock it :\

I'm playing Rocket Knight Adventures.

Fathom Zero Dec 23rd, 2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 515180)

In other news, I got Persona 3 and I'm actually really enjoying it. I thought I would hate it because I have a poor opinion of Atlus gameplay quality, but this one is actually really easy to get into because it goes back to the simple Attack, Magic, Item style that everyone else is scurrying away from. The voice acting ranges from decent to superb and the animated sequences are copious and well-made. And seeing the kids shoot themselves in the head to cast a spell never stops being funny. Ever.

Is it worth getting? I like Atlus' games and this looked fun.

Emu Dec 23rd, 2007 04:07 PM

Oh, fuck yes. Don't pass it up if you can find it for $50 or less. It's only been out since August and it's already getting ridiculously rare. I was fortunate in that my local Gamestop had the thing stuck on an out-of-the-way shelf.

The school sim parts are fun and important without being invasive or breaking up the storyline pointlessly, and they allow for a lot of leeway with your schedule so you can manage your daily schedule without having to think about it too hard. Plus, everything you do during the day has a powerful impact on the dungeon crawling portion.

For example, you have to build social links with your classmates and friends, and when you do so, you can net yourself several thousands of extra XP for your Personae when you create new ones. You're also given the option to completely blow off your friends if you wanna be a dick.

During battle you can only directly control the main character, and while this seems a little queer at first, it actually keeps the pace of battle exciting, especially because your teammates are actually fucking intelligent. This game has some of the smartest AI I've seen in an RPG. The only bad thing is that they tend not to use status-healing items. But it's tolerable.

And best of all is the Rush button that puts your characters on auto-attack and moves through the battle at fast-forward if you're fighting weak/insignificant enemies. Or, you can just set your teammates to go beat the shit out of them without ever actually entering battle, and you still receive XP and such.

And all the dungeons are randomized every time you enter, Diablo II style.

The only negatives about this game is that the music tends to loop incessantly. It's good music, but it gives me a headache after a while.

Seven Force Dec 23rd, 2007 09:48 PM

I'm playing James Pond 2: Robocod

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 25th, 2007 11:15 AM

Resident Evil 4. I just shot through three heads with one bullet!

Angryhydralisk Dec 25th, 2007 09:37 PM

Fuck, I got a DS Lite a few days ago (Got it from my nephew because he wanted to sell it, so I bought him 80 dollars worth of games to compensate for it.), and I couldn't be happier, so what am I playing?

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - more like Castlevania: Symphony of the Dawn but it's still a great game. Real challenging and the whole "draw a seal or the boss won't die" is awesome.

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Haven't got far in it, but I do like it.

Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth - I finally killed myself!! :suicide

Final Fantasy 6 Advance - Do I need to explain?

Fathom Zero Dec 26th, 2007 02:24 PM

I lost both my handhelds and I don't really care all that much.

Who's up for some Timesplitters?

Moobs Dec 26th, 2007 04:52 PM

assassins creed

Guitar Woman Dec 26th, 2007 04:58 PM

I've been downloading Half Life mods all week. The last one I beat was Paranoia, which was really, really awesome for the 5 minutes it lasted.

Jeff The Ninja Dec 27th, 2007 12:09 AM

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. Its damn well addictive. Plus Mike Awesome is in it.

Cfr5 Dec 27th, 2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 516182)
Who's up for some Timesplitters?

Future Perfect is the most fun I've ever had with a FPS.

Fathom Zero Dec 27th, 2007 10:09 AM

Ditto, man, ditto.

Very arcade-y game. Don't remember the sensitivity being as high as it used to, though.

Cfr5 Dec 27th, 2007 10:56 AM

Do you play it online at all?

Qwarx Dec 27th, 2007 08:07 PM

Rune Factory. It's pretty cool once you play it enough.

Fathom Zero Dec 28th, 2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cfr5 (Post 516384)
Do you play it online at all?

I don't feel like lugging my PS2 over to my ethernet connection.

Cfr5 Dec 28th, 2007 01:44 PM

Good because my PS2 is presently in some box ("A cardboard box?") and there's no TV close to an internet connection here.

macrodeath Dec 29th, 2007 11:56 AM

GTA: San Andreas, Vice City Stories.

MetalMilitia Dec 29th, 2007 12:02 PM

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - love playing as the brits, they get some awesome weapons.

UT3 - meh.

MarioRPG Dec 30th, 2007 01:28 PM

I played me some Wii again, and remembered how much I miss Galaxy.

Zomboid Dec 30th, 2007 06:49 PM

Mass Effect. Soooooo fun.

Moobs Dec 30th, 2007 07:46 PM

pokemon battle revolution

Darktrooper11 Dec 31st, 2007 03:42 PM

Well I got assassins Creed for Christmas I'm going to get into that soon. Lately I've been playing Rock Band. I use to play Halo alot, but I suck at that... so that's been in the case as of late...

Chojin Dec 31st, 2007 05:28 PM

still mostly mario strikers charged after I got all the achievements in Marathon :o

WhiteRat Dec 31st, 2007 05:37 PM

Finally beat Vice City yesterday and starting tomorrow I'm going to tear through San Andreas.

MarioRPG Dec 31st, 2007 05:45 PM

Trauma Center New Blood, wow it is addictive and hard.

Cedar Dec 31st, 2007 08:49 PM

Smash Brothers Melee and GHIII

Fatacula Dec 31st, 2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 517069)
Mass Effect. Soooooo fun.

Agreed! Having a good time with Mass Effect... Zomboid you find yourself use the same 3 guys all the time, or are you trying to balance it out?

Guitar Woman Jan 1st, 2008 01:27 AM

I just got back from playing some Assassin's Creed, among other, mediocre things (Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc.).

I only got as far as Damascus, but part of that was because I spent most of my time dicking around on roofs and randomly high-profile assassinating people, yelling BATTLE CRIES out loud as I did it.

It was fun :<

Guitar Woman Jan 1st, 2008 01:30 AM

The social stealth thing seems a little broken, though, because after I stop doing something the general population considered deplorable, people noticed me wherever I went and even if I was using the blend button the whole time. Nothing seemed to make them forget I was being a dick, but the guards don't attack you until you reach a higher level of noticability so whatever.

Other times it worked too well, to the point of being able to stealth assassinate someone and then keep my cover by standing over them in my serene scholar pose.

Guitar Woman Jan 1st, 2008 02:06 AM

And and and I also played Portal finally!

I went to about Test Chamber 15 before I got the urge to go do something else, but it was a lot of fun. I also played HL2 Episode 1 and spent the better part of an hour flinging Combine soldiers around in the Citidel with the super gravity gun.

:D

Jemry Jan 1st, 2008 09:38 AM

I'm going through an old games stage, mainly RPGS... Been playing Final Fantasy VIII then quit it at the 4th disc because I got bored of it, currently in the middle of IX and will go onto VII afterwards... At the end of Chrono Trigger right now and I was playing MGS before all the rpgs and that.

Zomboid Jan 1st, 2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatacula (Post 517506)
Agreed! Having a good time with Mass Effect... Zomboid you find yourself use the same 3 guys all the time, or are you trying to balance it out?

I'm always using Wrex and Garrus. They're pretty damn useful. I really enjoyed Garrus' side mission to find Dr. Heart.

Fathom Zero Jan 1st, 2008 08:55 PM

Blockland! :O

MLE Jan 1st, 2008 10:43 PM

Photoshop Hero

Seven Force Jan 1st, 2008 11:00 PM

Mega Man ZX: Advent

Qwarx Jan 1st, 2008 11:27 PM

Just beat Portal, I'll return to playing Super Mario Galaxy tomorrow.

macrodeath Jan 2nd, 2008 08:27 AM

hooo

Continuing to play Final Fantasy XII, Dragon quest VIII and Die Hard Trilogy. And just played first Silent Hill trough (again), with UFO ending.

Fatacula Jan 2nd, 2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 517815)
I'm always using Wrex and Garrus. They're pretty damn useful. I really enjoyed Garrus' side mission to find Dr. Heart.

Yeah, I seem to use Wrex all the time as well. He seems to be a good mixture of tough as hell and Biotics. For the Tech side Iv'e been playing Tali'Zorah, who's name I had to look up online just to not sound like to much of a dumbass :)

timrpgland Jan 2nd, 2008 03:28 PM

If you are going for the ally achievements (which give you character bonuses) you pretty much have to do everything in a continue with that character in your party. Can't mix it up at all really. Counts side stuff as well. At 870/1000 of the achievements but haven't played it since my 3rd finish on insanity. I can easily get the 50pts and grind to 60 with one of my 3 finished careers but the last 80pts is for 4 ally achievements... meaning another 2 FULL playthroughs to get them all. Don't really feel like beating it another 2 times at this point.

Loved the game though. Hope to see more good stuff from Bioware during the transition.

kateness87 Jan 2nd, 2008 04:20 PM

Final Fantasy XII, mostly. Also trying to get better at Guitar Hero 3 but that hasn't happened yet...

Oh, and Super Mario RPG via a rom, because that game kicks ass.

Esuohlim Jan 2nd, 2008 04:34 PM

Final Fantasy III, then probably Wind Waker again.

executioneer Jan 2nd, 2008 05:05 PM

spider solitare

Fatacula Jan 2nd, 2008 06:17 PM

Good lord thats a lot of play time! Thanks for the insight :)

Guitar Woman Jan 2nd, 2008 09:38 PM

Trauma Center, on the DS.

The plot is ridiculous.

Guitar Woman Jan 2nd, 2008 09:46 PM

Also, the magnify tool is fucking broken and retarded and the biggest reason all my patients keep dying.

bigtimecow Jan 2nd, 2008 10:48 PM

i'm slowly completing mario galaxy again so i can get the 121st star, and i downloaded paper mario from the virtual console the other day so i'm playing through that slowly.

i'm so slow with games. not because i suck but because i play them for like an hour every couple days :(

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 3rd, 2008 01:08 AM

I haven't played Zelda in awhile, but! Today I started Super Paper Mario again.

Zomboid Jan 3rd, 2008 01:26 AM

In that case, you'd better get to playing zelda again, post haste! The world is a sadder place without you in it and doing what you do best, my friend! :)

boshobosho Jan 3rd, 2008 05:28 AM

Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Bioshock, and I occasionally go back to Arcanum. I will beat that game someday, I just have to enjoy it for long enough, not just in spurts.

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 3rd, 2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 518344)
In that case, you'd better get to playing zelda again, post haste! The world is a sadder place without you in it and doing what you do best, my friend! :)

Fuck you.

MLE Jan 4th, 2008 01:44 AM

I thought Zomboid brought up a salient point, my friend.

Guitar Woman Jan 4th, 2008 09:36 AM

I was up all night playing Fallout. Either I have a knack for making failure characters in wRPGs or this game is hard as FUCK

macrodeath Jan 4th, 2008 09:48 AM

Aaah, Fallout. Didn't work on XP, but when we got Vista, it's playing just right. Fallout 2 works too...
Yeah, i've been playing Doom again, Space quest 5, Leisure suit Larry games, Grim fandango, and Sam & Max :)

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2008 09:49 AM

Please don't call them wRPGs, you asshole. Thanks! :)

Guitar Woman Jan 4th, 2008 09:50 AM

why

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2008 09:53 AM

Because that's a stupid classification.

Guitar Woman Jan 4th, 2008 09:57 AM

why

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2008 09:58 AM

why why why

why why why

why wyh why

Guitar Woman Jan 4th, 2008 10:04 AM

I am requesting an explanation because you are being illogical

EVERYONE calls them that, I don't see what your problem is

Zomboid Jan 4th, 2008 10:13 AM

Fallout 1 and 2 are fucking classics. I finished mass effect last night so now I'm playing assassin's creed and after that, mario galaxy. I'd probably have started it already but I don't have the rf switch thing here and I'm too lazy to fuck around with the cables every time I switch consoles.

Emu Jan 4th, 2008 10:14 AM

Where can I get Fallout? :(

Guitar Woman Jan 4th, 2008 10:31 AM

http://www.torrentreactor.net/view.php?id=813036

Zomboid Jan 4th, 2008 11:09 AM

This should be both of them. You'll probably wanna play the sequel after ya beat the first. It's a little bit different in some ways but overall it's about as good. The main difference is that there's more comedy in the second one.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/870129

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 518952)
EVERYONE calls them that, I don't see what your problem is

I'm willing to contest that with bullets. NOBODY calls them that.

Guitar Woman Jan 4th, 2008 12:51 PM

I like how this game enjoys putting me up against small armies of overpowered enemies who I swear to god get two combat turns in a row and all have incredibly high agility allowing them to dodge EVERY FUCKING ATTACK I MAKE THEN RUN IN AND RAPE ME

How the fuck do you survive having dynamite covertly planted on you then getting hit with three consecutive frag grenades, jesus christ

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 12:57 PM

have you tried adjusting the combat difficulty down some :(

Guitar Woman Jan 4th, 2008 01:06 PM

lol, I got turned into a mutant and then the survivors of the attack on Vault 13 got the same treatment ;<

Most people would be unsatisfied, but I think that's a pretty awesome ending!

argonath Jan 4th, 2008 01:27 PM

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 for the Xbox, and (to a lesser degree) The Simpsons Game on the Wii.

Spetsnaz Jan 4th, 2008 03:54 PM

I've been playing Saint's Row on Xbox 360 for the past week.

And as for Fallout, I loved those fucking games as a kid. Ever play the offshoot Fallout : Brotherhood of the Steel for PS2?

Dr. Boogie Jan 4th, 2008 04:13 PM

Currently playng WoW, but it's just about run its course.

Fathom Zero Jan 4th, 2008 04:38 PM

HEY STOP STEALING

Dr. Boogie Jan 4th, 2008 05:29 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, and I ain't gonna dig through this thread to find out.

Guitar Woman Feb 6th, 2008 11:04 PM

Really Obscure Game Bittorrent Search: Omikron Edition

it sucks

liquidstatik Feb 6th, 2008 11:11 PM

fiesta online ;D

Esuohlim Feb 6th, 2008 11:45 PM

I've been playing some hard-ass Super Mario World romhacks, like Luigi's Adventure and Super Demo World, and I have to save state like every 15 seconds.

executioneer Feb 6th, 2008 11:52 PM

la-mulana

p.s.: FUCK la-mulana

Fat_Hippo Feb 9th, 2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 519010)
lol, I got turned into a mutant and then the survivors of the attack on Vault 13 got the same treatment ;<

Most people would be unsatisfied, but I think that's a pretty awesome ending!

Uhhhh, you DO know that there is a "happy ending" to the game, don't you? And not only the mutation one? It involves kicking mutant-army ass, so if you haven't gotten that ending, you haven't REALLY beaten the game yet.

At the moment, I'm playing CoD4 on Veteran, which is simply hellish if you haven't tried it yet, but I'm about 3/4 through. I'm also playing Age of Wonders 2: Shadow Magic on the side and I've started a new game in Baldur's Gate 2 with a shitload of mods.

And if you're wondering where I get the time, I'm on Vacation.

Codiekitty Feb 10th, 2008 01:24 PM

I beat Panzer Dragoon Saga last night, and boy did that ending suck.

The game itself was okay. Really good at some spots, really annoying at others, but anyone who calls it the greatest RPG ever is trying to justify laying down $150 for it aside from collection reasons, wants everyone who can't afford it to be jealous, and/or simply off their rocker.

Guitar Woman Feb 10th, 2008 09:41 PM

Splatterhouse.

:\

Guitar Woman Feb 11th, 2008 01:08 AM

So this is probably the worst 6 dollars I've ever spent

Grossenschwamm Feb 11th, 2008 05:52 AM

Fallout 1, Arcanum, and I just completely finished Twilight Princess on the Wii.

My preferred acronym for fallout 1 and 2 is C*RPG, or just RPG. Calling it western is so odd...you don't see everyone calling an RPG from Japan or Korea an eRPG, do you?

*It's on the computer, so "c" works out pretty well.

Splatterhouse is just gory. The second and third ones are also gory, but have better gameplay value and better looking gore. However, they have the same driving plot line so I consider Splatterhouse 3 more of an expansion of 2. I guess that's just me being finicky. Though, having your evil mask tell you to save your girlfriend from the same house in two games is a little repetitive, despite the crazy mutant mode and time limits in number 3 (I guess having that little kid tacked on counts as an extra story element...but whatever).