I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

timrpgland Mar 8th, 2008 11:50 AM

Been playing The Witcher finally. I've heard mixed feelings about it but I'm liking it.

Dr. Boogie Mar 10th, 2008 12:05 PM

Finished Stranglehold over the weekend. A fun Max Payne-style game with enough variation to keep it from being totally derivative, but a little too short to justify the $60 price tag.

argonath Mar 10th, 2008 12:23 PM

Picked up Guitar Hero III and SSSB over the weekend. Not a lot of time to play either of them, but they're there when I'm ready, dammit.

WhiteRat Mar 10th, 2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 537279)
Finished Stranglehold over the weekend. A fun Max Payne-style game with enough variation to keep it from being totally derivative, but a little too short to justify the $60 price tag.

I've been trying to finish this game for about 5 months now but every time I play it I get bored and quit after 5 minutes.

MetalMilitia Mar 10th, 2008 07:40 PM

Yeah same. In the end I deleted it because it was taking up about 12GB of space on my hard drive.
The combat just isn't as fun as other third-person-slowmotion-em-ups.

Karmapolice Mar 13th, 2008 09:04 PM

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars under Sabayon Linux

theaccidentalmimo Mar 14th, 2008 05:47 PM

Wild Arms III, because it was 5 bucks. And strangly enough, I like it better than the Final Fantasy I paid 17 for.

BurntToShreds Mar 14th, 2008 07:19 PM

I've been switching between Army of Two and Smash Bros. Brawl. If you wanna play Army of Two, Send me a friend request. My Gamertag is KingOfHell.

Karmapolice Mar 14th, 2008 09:00 PM

I'm gonna get it tomorrow. If you want to add me my tag is elgie :rock

stitchfan626 Mar 16th, 2008 09:39 PM

super smash bros. brawl. the one thing i'm getting a kick out of in this game is the stage builder mode. i already made a couple of stages (some examples include the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and a partially crude adaptation of the first Pit from Mortal Kombat 1.)

OxBlood Mar 17th, 2008 04:45 AM

Just finished Persona 3, now playing Odin Sphere (both games just came out some weeks ago here).

Waiting for Condemned 2.

Dr. Boogie Mar 17th, 2008 12:25 PM

Finished Condemned II over the weekend. All in all, an improvement over the original, but they use darkness way too much in that game.

I didn't think they could have the game in Germany because of there being people on fire (and also mutilations and body modifications, but mostly the flaming guy)?

MetalMilitia Mar 17th, 2008 01:02 PM

Yeah when I played the first game on PC I had to have my monitor set to "super-brighto-cheat-mode" in order to see what the hell was going on. I can see why they do it but it gets annoying pretty fast.

RaNkeri Mar 17th, 2008 02:15 PM

Aggressive Alpine Skiing :(

Dr. Boogie Mar 17th, 2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 539233)
Yeah when I played the first game on PC I had to have my monitor set to "super-brighto-cheat-mode" in order to see what the hell was going on. I can see why they do it but it gets annoying pretty fast.

They actually do this the worst in the very first level. In the last half of the level, you'll be fighting all-black creatures against an all-black background. I could feel myself getting eye strain.

Thankfully, they never do it that bad again. Well, almost in one level, but that's it.

Chojin Mar 17th, 2008 09:37 PM

I thought the first condemned was cripplingly boring, and it doesn't sound like adding doom 3 elements to it would help much ;<

I played a bit of stranglehold on the 360 - great graphics and a lot of things are executed well but the controls are downright terrible. and unfortunately the torrent I got for PC requires dual-layer DVDs ;<

Smash bros is a good game but mostly more of the same and the online is a joke.

Still playing strikers ;<

installed oblivion again, spent an entire day loading it up with mods, and then got bored of it the day after.

pretty bored of fiesta ;M

looking forward to mario kart and wii fit, and moreso on the latter. I've already been on a diet and exercising for the past two months, but I think it'll be fun. that company that's making the brain-control game also seems interesting :o

Karmapolice Mar 17th, 2008 11:34 PM

OpenArena - a free open-sourceQuake 3 clone

but before that i played Army of Two. The coop part is great but the game itself is way too short. I just bought it last Saturday, played it for more or less an hour everyday and now I'm on the last mission of the game. The online feature is lacking. I wish you could join somebody's single player game and vice versa just like in Crackdown.

executioneer Mar 17th, 2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 539478)
I played a bit of stranglehold on the 360 - great graphics and a lot of things are executed well but the controls are downright terrible. and unfortunately the torrent I got for PC requires dual-layer DVDs ;<

does daemontools/whatever not properly emulate dual layer or does it just not let you run it from a mounted image

OxBlood Mar 18th, 2008 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 539224)
Finished Condemned II over the weekend. All in all, an improvement over the original, but they use darkness way too much in that game.

I didn't think they could have the game in Germany because of there being people on fire (and also mutilations and body modifications, but mostly the flaming guy)?

Actually, the first one IS confiscated here, so I guess the second one will be too. But luckily, we have Austria and the UK around, so we poor german gamers (living in Carebear-Country as it seems), can still get our hands on it.

Strangely though, the guys who watch over violent media and give out the ratings, confiscated (forbidden to be sold in germany) Condemned 1 and Dead Rising, but gave Assassinīs Creed a 16-Rating, which would be your "Teen" if Iīm not mistaken. Assassinīs Creed of all things.

Dr. Boogie Mar 18th, 2008 12:22 PM

To be fair, Assassin's Creed is so boring that you're likely to miss all the violence because you're struggling to stay awake.

Guitar Woman Mar 18th, 2008 05:26 PM

I love Assassin's Creed :(

Guitar Woman Mar 18th, 2008 05:28 PM

admittedly part of the reason is for how broken it is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k4zC9i0Vt0o&feature=related

Shyandquietguy Mar 18th, 2008 10:09 PM

I have been playing Dungeon Keeper 2 for a while now. Keep truckin', I know I will. And I mean that last line in the term of "I am stuck in a closed campus dorm."

Redem Mar 18th, 2008 10:10 PM

Well got myself San Andreas recently mainly cause my comp getting old and I'm cheap

OxBlood Mar 19th, 2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 539709)
To be fair, Assassin's Creed is so boring that you're likely to miss all the violence because you're struggling to stay awake.

But it´s a good example of how random our Rating-Guys are. The game IS pretty violent and murder IS the point of the whole thing after all. And thats normally their point. "Blah blah, violence should never be the point of the thing, blah blah bunnies and candy don´t kill people, let´s ban everything else, yadda yadda." Desperately trying to protect the youth, ignoring all other reasons for violent or problematic behaviour...*sighs* Which is okay with me, as long as I as an adult person am not...*thinks of a word*...paternalised? Which is sadly exactly what´s happening here.

The Mighty Pinto Mar 19th, 2008 07:44 PM

Condemned 2

Picked up Condemned 2: Bloodshot over the weekend, but I didn't get a chance to play it until Monday night, and I've resolved to do a chapter a night, so I'm on chapter 3 right now.

Anyone else notice how the first chapter is an obvious reference to Return of the Living Dead Pt. 1? I mean, the last half of the level takes place in a Medical supply warehouse, and the whole stage is littered with creatures that are obviously Tar-men. All it needed was Clu Gulager.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 19th, 2008 07:54 PM

My friend just showed me this game called Crime Fighter 2.0 that came out for windows in 2000. I've finally found a game so terrible it's fun. Picture Drug wars made by germany and then translated awkwardly to English. For instance you can "Organize" a car from the lot, but sometimes the owner shows up and you gunfight him. Too bad the owner is "Rambo", "Granny" or "Al Capone". You can kidnap children from a park and either ransom them or sell them for child labor. Sometimes that doesn't work because they have Tommy Guns though.

MLE Mar 19th, 2008 09:48 PM

I just started the new Ace Attorney game for DS. It seems to be of the same caliber as the last three! If you liked the other three, you'll like this. If you didn't like them, you won't like this.

Personally, I think the series is fabulous.

Guitar Woman Mar 21st, 2008 02:52 PM

Emu Mar 21st, 2008 03:27 PM

and that's what, WoW?

Dr. Boogie Mar 21st, 2008 03:28 PM

I thought you hated that game.

Guitar Woman Mar 21st, 2008 04:42 PM

Morrowind has the worst running engine and most agonizing gameplay I've ever fucking seen, but I do like the story and general mythos :o

I also modded the fuck out of it, that might have helped a bit

King Hadas Mar 22nd, 2008 02:18 AM

I finished Mass Effect and am going through it again as a girl this time (you can make a character that looks an awful lot like Major Kira from Deep Space Nine, I wonder if that was intentional). What they did with your characters dialog was really clever, giving your character the general tone of what your going to say through the conversation wheel rather than just spell it out for you adds a whole new layer to the dialog and makes it very difficult not to play through the game as a hardass. You have to understand how much I loved the writing in this game since if anyone asks I'll tell them Mass Effect is fantastic without bothering to tell them that the gameplay is awful. I'll only turn the difficulty down on a game if I feel the game mechanics suck and the only other game I've ever done that with is the Resident Evil REmake. Also, they're way to stingy with the autosaves.

Guitar Woman Mar 22nd, 2008 02:23 AM

I beat REmake on Real Survival with an exploding zombie stalking me throughout the mansion, stop being a nancy.

Then again, tank controls seem to really bug the fuck out of other people and render a game all but unplayable for them, so whatever

King Hadas Mar 22nd, 2008 02:31 AM

You know I've beaten God of War 1 and 2 both on god mode. It was hard but I enjoyed doing it because I enjoy playing God of War. Now, I like Resident Evil okay, but I don't like PLAYING Resident Evil. Ya feel me?

Fat_Hippo Mar 22nd, 2008 04:01 AM

I've started playing Dawn of War + Expansions again, especially over LAN with my brother. It's good.

Guitar Woman Mar 22nd, 2008 04:38 AM

oh oh I also got to play TF2 finally :o

It actually really sucked, but I have concluded that it was because the 360 port of the Orange Box has the worst aiming in the history of console shooters

I tried out every class except Soldier, and I sucked least with the Demoman.

I also ran around screaming MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC over and over again

bigtimecow Mar 22nd, 2008 05:21 AM

me and some friends are on a gta spree

gta3
vice city
vice city stories
san andreas

and brawl duh

XtinaxFan Mar 23rd, 2008 07:34 AM

Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast.
The people going nuts when they get out of my speeding homicidal vehicle never fails to amuse me.

bigtimecow Mar 24th, 2008 10:18 AM

man i wish i had a fucking dreamcast with crazy taxi and that power gem crystal whatever game

i just found metal gear solid the twin snakes and have started that. :D

Mintrude Mar 24th, 2008 04:01 PM

Oblivion. Can't find a will-o-the-wisp anywhere.

WhiteRat Mar 24th, 2008 06:52 PM

Sonic CD. Just got this off of Amazon for 5 bucks and it's easily worth the money. First time playing it and it's a nice twist to the old school Sonic games.

peacetokengy Mar 30th, 2008 08:28 PM

Age of Empires on DS!

Fat_Hippo Mar 31st, 2008 11:33 AM

Still playing some DoW, but I'm also getting into Unreal Tournament 3 and Crysis. Now, graphics comparison: I'm sure Crysis could look better if I had a PC from the future, but for what my hardware can run, and it's pretty good, UT3 beats Crysis out of the water. More time should have been spent optimizing Crysis, because as it is, it's pathetic how much hardware it needs to do what it does.
Unfortunately, being the idiot I am, I played the shit out of original UT before starting to play UT3, and despite their differences, they're still pretty damn similar at the core. So I don't actually feel like playing UT3 much at the moment, so I'll probably finish Crysis before playing UT3 much more.

BlackHexen Mar 31st, 2008 03:58 PM

I finished Max Payne 2 few weeks ago. Now i started Final fantasy 9. It's fucking awesome, why I haven't like this before >: (

Pandajuice Mar 31st, 2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHexen (Post 543721)
I finished Max Payne 2 few weeks ago. Now i started Final fantasy 9. It's fucking awesome, why I haven't like this before >: (

FF9 is my favourite of the series. I just managed to complete FFX-2 last week actually with 96% on the first play through. An enjoyable game.

Right now, I'm playing through the Hitman series that I gave up on a few years ago. I'm enjoying it a lot more now than I did when it came out.

thebiggameover Mar 31st, 2008 09:54 PM

im still playing psu. ive been playing it for almost a year now. wtf?

Fathom Zero Mar 31st, 2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintrude (Post 541710)
Oblivion. Can't find a will-o-the-wisp anywhere.

I could never find it, and when I killed it, it never dropped anything.

Zomboid Apr 1st, 2008 02:30 PM

What? I always got attacked by those fucking things. Most of the time I didn't have anything that could hurt them either :(

executioneer Apr 1st, 2008 04:17 PM

fucking hate wisps

and anything else that damages your stats so you have to take a potion or spell to restore them, but especially wisps cause they're nearly invisible when they haven't seen you and COMPLETELY invisible when they have >:

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 1st, 2008 04:27 PM

I'm playing Shinobi III at the moment, bitches.

I've had many close calls with Wisps. Also, I fucking hated those goblins.

layla17 Apr 2nd, 2008 01:58 PM

Army of 2

Guitar Woman Apr 2nd, 2008 09:27 PM

Phantasy Star Online!

Also I got TES Arena working, it's ok.

MetalMilitia Apr 3rd, 2008 09:04 AM

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.

This game never got the recognition it deserved. It's really fast, skillful and strategic.
I mean people say it takes skill to be good at UT or CS, which is true but at the end o fthe day you're still just pointing on the enemy and clicking. In HL2DM you actually have to consider exactly which weapon or object is best suited for the situation. So in a matter of seconds you need to look around you check for suitable grav gun objects (sinks, toilets and radiators are preferential) if none are in range switch to your best weapon for the range at which the enemy is at while simultaneously avoiding anything they throw or shoot at you.

It's just a shame it probably won't ever get updated with new official content. Most of the user maps are junk.

Esuohlim Apr 11th, 2008 07:26 PM

I spent the better part of this afternoon playing through Beavis & Butthead for Genesis again :nostalgia

Guitar Woman Apr 11th, 2008 07:35 PM

HL2 Deathmatch was over for me once I found out how to suit zoom snipe people. It is really fun, though!

Asila Apr 11th, 2008 07:40 PM

Mass Effect STILL. This game is taking forever to get through.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 11th, 2008 09:02 PM

They need to make a Deathwish game. Only make it good, not like "The Warriors" game.

Guitar Woman Apr 11th, 2008 09:58 PM

You are out of your mind :<

Karmapolice Apr 12th, 2008 10:01 AM

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

Action Ham Apr 12th, 2008 06:34 PM

Well. I decided to hit up Code Veronica again, despite the fact that the last time I played it, it horribly glitched a few rooms away from the final boss.

Zomboid Apr 12th, 2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 548285)

I spent the better part of this afternoon playing through Beavis & Butthead for Genesis again :nostalgia

I love that game! It was one of my favorites as a kid too. I especially remember this one time where I was in the video store with my mom and this younger kid was there with his mom. He was looking at the game, put it down, then went to tell his mom he'd like to rent it. They were a few aisles down but I heard them just fine and when they started coming back to get it, I took it for myself :D

Then when I saw him in school, I made fun of him by telling him how awesome it is.

Esuohlim Apr 13th, 2008 05:08 PM

Beavis and Butthead is fucking impossible if you don't know what you're doing. I tried it from memory and ended up forgetting about the gum under the teacher's desk and the soap in one of the bathrooms. I don't know how anyone could have finished that game without a walkthrough.

Fathom Zero Apr 13th, 2008 05:18 PM

I have 4x the number of kills with the pistol over the guy below me on a server. I'm numbah one.

executioneer Apr 13th, 2008 05:43 PM

i just finish half life 2 ep1

it's ok!

Fathom Zero Apr 13th, 2008 05:49 PM

Left 4 Dead is gonna be tight.

Karmapolice Apr 13th, 2008 09:56 PM

Kingpin: Life of Crime. I can't find a linux version of the Krazebot.

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 13th, 2008 10:18 PM

I've been playing Symphony of the Night. I still need one more Dracula relic. I think it's the eye. Help?! Where's the last boss I need to kill?!

bigtimecow Apr 13th, 2008 11:35 PM

trauma center for the ds. this game is frustrating as fuuuuck.

and sonic rush for the ds, after trying sonic rush adventure and getting sick of all the stylus bullshit.

OxBlood Apr 14th, 2008 06:39 AM

Jade Empire, love that game.

T-Rex Apr 14th, 2008 06:57 AM

I'm back on Vegas 2's single campaign. Man, being a total bad ass rules. Forget stealth, breach doors and run in shooting! I usually keep a Scout Tactical as my secondary weapon. It's so retarded, yet so satisfying to kill somebody at close-range with a blind-fire shot from a sniper rifle.

Guitar Woman Apr 14th, 2008 09:03 PM

GTA: Vice City!

The soundtrack is fantastic, the rest of it is ok.

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 14th, 2008 10:13 PM

Are you playing the PC version, GW?

Zomboid Apr 14th, 2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 548624)
Beavis and Butthead is fucking impossible if you don't know what you're doing. I tried it from memory and ended up forgetting about the gum under the teacher's desk and the soap in one of the bathrooms. I don't know how anyone could have finished that game without a walkthrough.

Yeah, I remember getting about 3/4 of the ticket pieces and being totally in the dark as to how to get the rest. Also, I think you can fuck yourself over and have to start over if you don't save enough money for certain things.

Guitar Woman Apr 14th, 2008 11:00 PM

Yes!

The controls for that RC Helicoptor mission were so bad that I thought I'd never be able to finish it

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 14th, 2008 11:01 PM

I got stuck on that part too.
Having a laggy crappy comp didn't help.

Pub Lover Apr 14th, 2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 549091)
The controls for that RC Helicoptor mission were so bad that I thought I'd never be able to finish it

That part took me three months to get through. Fuck the helicopter, I wanted to just shoot the barrells.

Emu Apr 17th, 2008 03:22 AM

Picked up Portal today :(

Madface Apr 17th, 2008 10:14 AM

I'm playing RE4...and I can't help but notice that the rocket launcher is like the deus ex machina for every boss fight. I mean i got powned by the two gigantes in the underground steel mill or whatever the fuck but as soon as I pulled the rocket launcher the bastard died before I could change weapons.

Guitar Woman Apr 17th, 2008 11:14 AM

only weenies use the rocket launcher. Get a Red 9 or something.

MadballChibcha Apr 17th, 2008 11:42 AM

Rght now Iīm on Ninja Gaiden Black, and having a little SMB 2 and 3 just for nostagia value.

Fat_Hippo Apr 17th, 2008 12:14 PM

I'm playing some Arcanum again, and since I for once tried to be a magick user, I am once again reminded how much magic sucks in this game early on. Especially if you wanna play in character, and as a good half-elven mage, I just don't think it's appropriate if I learn necromantic spells, which means I can't get Harm, which furthermore means I need to get stone throw, which sucks. So offensively I am fucked, defensively I am fucked, and I can only cast about 4 stone throws before I'm out of fatigue, which might kill a thug, if I'm lucky.

Being a half-ogre fighter is so much easier, but it just gets old fast. And I've been a molotov-slinging, bullet-flinging technologist so often before, and a thief too, so this was kinda my last option. Magic is just unbalanced in this game.

I'm just totally reliant on my companions, which is really lame. They do all the work, while all I can do is fall over from exhaustion after a few spells. Crap.

MarioRPG Apr 19th, 2008 07:44 AM

I decided I'd try Twin Snakes out to see what that guy was all about. Turns out I love the game.

executioneer Apr 19th, 2008 10:07 AM

i just beat portal, wooooo

Forte Apr 19th, 2008 10:43 AM

I just started playing portal lol

Ant10708 Apr 19th, 2008 05:22 PM

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass for DS. I really enjoy it so far except having to constantly journey back to the Ocean King Temple.

I am also playing Super Smash Bros Brawl whenever I can get someone to come over and play.

Niolani Apr 20th, 2008 01:34 AM

I'm playing Metroid Prime Hunters and Phamtom Hourglass on my new DS console. And I agree with Ant10708, it always annoying to always go back on the Ocean King temple. You always have to do it quickly before the sand of time run out of the hourglass. Most annoying parts of the game.

Guitar Woman Apr 20th, 2008 03:08 PM

stitchfan626 Apr 21st, 2008 12:41 AM

on the DS, Pokemon Diamond (got Dialga yesterday). and on the PS2, Forgotten Worlds, Final Fight, and SF2: CE via Capcom Classics Collection 1

OxBlood Apr 21st, 2008 04:25 AM

"The world ends with you". Wonderful game.

WhiteRat Apr 22nd, 2008 07:15 PM

My newly purchased Nintendo 64.

Fathom Zero Apr 22nd, 2008 08:31 PM

My friend is giving me every one of his video games, including N64, Gamecube, PS2 and fifty games. He says he has every game he needs on his kickass emulatin' computer.

Emu Apr 22nd, 2008 08:32 PM

give him my shipping info

Fathom Zero Apr 22nd, 2008 08:34 PM

Phat chance of that, bro-dawg.

WhiteRat Apr 22nd, 2008 09:32 PM

Tonight I went into the local game store looking for cheap n64 games. Instead I found a Sega Saturn for 20 bucks as well as a few games including Nights. My months long search is over.

Emu Apr 22nd, 2008 09:59 PM

What the fuck

Everybody gets good deals but me :[

Esuohlim Apr 22nd, 2008 10:07 PM

I can't find a Wii anywhere :(

I went to Blockbuster this afternoon and they had signs in the windows saying they were in stock. They told me they sold them all in two days :(

Pub Lover Apr 22nd, 2008 10:09 PM

In GTA:SA if you put the car lifting magnet onto a car, deploy the cable as much as it will go then get into the car & drive away, the car will swing into the air. I am doing this while imagining that I am Willie & doing it for real.

Maybe including lit fireworks.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 22nd, 2008 10:15 PM

Just started playing Twilight Princess for Wii. I didn't think I was going to like it but love it now. I just don't like how they mirrored the game to make Link right-handed.

Zomboid Apr 23rd, 2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 551171)
I can't find a Wii anywhere :(

I went to Blockbuster this afternoon and they had signs in the windows saying they were in stock. They told me they sold them all in two days :(

Why do you want one so badly?