I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

DougClayton4231 Apr 19th, 2010 09:37 AM

About to start playing Super Street Fighter 4 and Monster Hunter Tri. I beat Super Mario Galaxy the other day and man that game kicks your ass. The final level had me foaming at the mouth in rage after dying for the 800th time.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 19th, 2010 11:13 AM

^ Does Super Street Fighter 4 have a better opening title song that "INDESTRUCTABLE" ?

DougClayton4231 Apr 19th, 2010 12:41 PM

SSF4 doesn't have that horrible song anymore and it's actually a big improvement from the regular SF4. It still can't hold a candle to KOF98 but otherwise it's pretty good. I'd say it's easily the best Street Fighter other than Alpha 3. The main menu has this homo-erotic picture of Ryu holding Ken like he wants to rape him though lol. Early bootlegs for the win!

darkvare Apr 19th, 2010 03:10 PM

i want super street fighter 4 :(

DougClayton4231 Apr 19th, 2010 05:50 PM

You should get it if you didn't get regular SF4. It has a ton of characters and great arcade style online play. No Alex or Elena from SF3 though :(

darkvare Apr 19th, 2010 05:55 PM

i only cared for dudley in 3 and the reason i haven't bought is i'm low on funds

Phoenix Gamma Apr 19th, 2010 09:54 PM

I also got my hands on SSF4 at my friend's place. Sadly, I'm shit with the 360 pad (GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT DPAD) and even worse with an arcade stick (I can't do quartercircles for the life of me). I'll definitely have to buy the PS3 version at launch.

Still, fucking awesome game. The new music is fantastic, the new characters are fun as hell, and the tweaks to old characters are welcome. My girl Cammy's got a serious boost in the Spin Knuckle's speed, and Canon Spike seems to have more range.

Juri is fun as hell. Her projectile is pretty awesome, and she's versatile as fuck. Dudley's really good. Almost too good, IMO. He can uppercut and catch you with a second uppercut (or his Ultra). He's fucking fierce. Ibuki is pretty fun, and a little better than in 3rd Strike; I feel like you need to be really strategic with her, since her moves are pretty conditional, but there's huge payback. Cody and Guy are really fun; Guy's kind of a bastard with his target combo and air grab. Cody's fun when you wanna fuck with people. Playing defensively seemed to work best for me.

Overall, really awesome stuff.

DougClayton4231 Apr 19th, 2010 10:15 PM

Cammy is a fucking beast. I've always been a Sagat player though. I hate the shitty voices in SSF4 though, I wish there was a retro-voice option.

The AI is shit on harder difficulties though, all it does is spam hadokens and shit.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 19th, 2010 11:07 PM

Fuckin hate Cammy. Would beat the shit out of here if I wasn't certain she would go al FTANRI all over me.

Sam Apr 19th, 2010 11:16 PM

FUCKIN LOVE CAMMY

Phoenix Gamma Apr 20th, 2010 12:55 AM

Cammy's awesome. I love that weird hair thing on the front of her head. And her bitchy British voice :D

Zhukov Apr 20th, 2010 07:27 AM

For some reason I always thought Cammy was a bad guy :\

Phoenix Gamma Apr 20th, 2010 08:42 AM

She was at one point in the timeline, but then she gets amnesia and the red beret and...oh fuck no one cares about the Street Fighter timeline.

ONCE UPON A TIME PEOPLE PUNCHED AND KICKED AND FIREBALLED AND IT WAS AWESOME THE END

DougClayton4231 Apr 20th, 2010 09:09 AM

Street Fighter has a storyline? I remember there being a cartoon or something, but I wasn't sure if that was considered canon.

I started playing Dragon Age and it seems pretty decent so far.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 20th, 2010 10:21 AM

I play fighting games for the stories. :(

Wish they would make a new Bloody Roar game.

TheCoolinator Apr 20th, 2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 681388)
I play fighting games for the stories. :(

Wish they would make a new Bloody Roar game.

Me too!

or at least come out with a Bloody Roar anthology disc. Those games were hardcore. I remember playing them like crazy in the local arcades. Super Radical ....mannnn.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 20th, 2010 11:20 AM

I think they came out with a Bloody Roar for gamecube but I've never played that one. 3 was my favorite.

TheCoolinator Apr 20th, 2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 681395)
I think they came out with a Bloody Roar for gamecube but I've never played that one. 3 was my favorite.

I think Bloody Roar 4 or something came out on PS2 but I'm not too sure about that.

DougClayton4231 Apr 20th, 2010 11:49 AM

Ghost, you were lucky to miss Primal Fury. It sucked so hard. SNK has been releasing lots of anthologies for the Wii lately. I've been playing King Of Fighters and Samurai Showdown because of it. They released a Metal Slug one too. Hudson should definitely jump on the bandwagon. I loved #2 and 3.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 20th, 2010 01:22 PM

I remember when Bloody Roar 2 came out I rented it from blockbuster. My mother wanted me to meet this girl who was a daughter of her friends that played vid games too. She was attractive and I happened to bring over Blood Roar 2 and she's like "I don't play fighting games, I only play [some lame games I don't remember]". I was like "Cool.......gotta go."

TheCoolinator Apr 20th, 2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 681399)
Ghost, you were lucky to miss Primal Fury. It sucked so hard. SNK has been releasing lots of anthologies for the Wii lately. I've been playing King Of Fighters and Samurai Showdown because of it. They released a Metal Slug one too. Hudson should definitely jump on the bandwagon. I loved #2 and 3.

If I were you I would hang on to the SS Anthology. For some reason it has shot up in price from $20 to $80+ dollars.

darkvare Apr 20th, 2010 02:34 PM

marvel vs capcom 3 you guys there is indeed a god and he likes awesome crosovers
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ca...arvel-vs/64606

dextire Apr 20th, 2010 02:36 PM

Final Fight: Double Impact. I've lost countless hours and quarters on Final Fight in the past.
Right now I find I'm playing Magic Sword a whole lot more though.

DougClayton4231 Apr 20th, 2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 681418)
If I were you I would hang on to the SS Anthology. For some reason it has shot up in price from $20 to $80+ dollars.

Jesus Christ! Why is it so expensive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 681419)
marvel vs capcom 3 you guys there is indeed a god and he likes awesome crosovers
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ca...arvel-vs/64606

I can't believe how excited I am for a new MvC. TvC just couldn't satisfy my needs. Any word on a release date?

darkvare Apr 20th, 2010 02:47 PM

aparently Q2/2011 so 2011 already has 2 must have for me gears 3 and mvc 3 oh i love it also if you see the trailer closely you'll notice what looks like deadpools outline in marvels logo i hope he appear this time also it has the coolest subtitle ever fate of two worlds so FTW