I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Guitar Woman Jul 1st, 2008 07:27 PM

So I've been in posession of an Xbox 360 for the past week or so.

I binged on Oblivion for two days and finished the Dark Brotherhood questline, then quit because everything that isn't the stealth system is broken and retarded. And even then the stealth system is pretty stupid, seeing as enemies put some kind of PSYCHIC MARKER into me when they see me so that they know where I am at all times.

I played more Mass Effect and quit right after the Citidel because it's KOTOR -Star Wars +a god help us Gears of War combat system. Oh, and incredibly boring. I liked Wrex, though. If the game had been "Wrex's completely interesting adventure with lots of fun combat" I would have kept playing.

I got about halfway through Bioshock and just really missed System Shock. Admittedly there were a lot of pretty fucking cool moments, but those were taken away from by design stupidity I thought we grew out of in the 90's.

Bioshock was probably the best thing I did, which doesn't say a lot.

MetalMilitia Jul 1st, 2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 565210)
I got about halfway through Bioshock and just really missed System Shock. Admittedly there were a lot of pretty fucking cool moments, but those were taken away from by design stupidity I thought we grew out of in the 90's.

You weren't even born in the 90s, Guitar Woman. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Guitar Woman Jul 1st, 2008 08:30 PM

Curses! Foiled again.

Emu Jul 2nd, 2008 06:02 PM

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

This is the first PS1 RPG I've been able to stomach in a long time. Thx Fathom :3

Emu Jul 3rd, 2008 05:16 PM

Picked up Persona 1 today, too. Playing them in reverse order is probably the worst thing I could do to myself :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 3rd, 2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 565150)
I don't know what you're talking about, but this is more a game about committing crimes, rather than fighting them.

Crime fighter 2 is a 2d crime game that was poorly made, then poorly translated from German to English(Hence the English name "Crime Fighter". I think it was supposed to translate to something along the line of street fighter, i.e. in street fighter you don't fight the street.) with graphics reminiscent of 1995.

You commit crimes by either robbing a bank, "organize" cars, even stealing children from a local park. You can then either ransom the kids or sell them to a shop for child labor. When you start out you can't always strongarm your way out of situation so you have to raise your stats. Sometimes if you try stealing a car, the owner might be there who will fight you. I've fought Rambo, Trapper Joe, Granny with a Machine gun, Little kid with Machine gun, and Al Capone.

If you try robbing a bank you have to click on an up and down button till you hear a certain chime on 3 parts of the safe. Only thing is the correct chime sounds a lot like the default chime. This game will blow you away with its terribleness but it is worth playing. Which I am again.

Fathom Zero Jul 5th, 2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 565494)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

This is the first PS1 RPG I've been able to stomach in a long time. Thx Fathom :3

Is nothing, darling.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 6th, 2008 10:56 PM

Secret of Mana 2

bigtimecow Jul 8th, 2008 04:22 PM

just finished a link to the past on my wii, and for my total games played it said 20. i'm a bit lost, as i think i only beat it once?

anyway, i'm thinking of starting ocarina or majora's mask soon. i've never played majora, but heard wonderful things about it

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 8th, 2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 566529)
just finished a link to the past on my wii, and for my total games played it said 20. i'm a bit lost, as i think i only beat it once?

I think that counts how many times you saved the game.

Guitar Woman Jul 8th, 2008 08:44 PM

The counter is how many times you've died. You failure.

Esuohlim Jul 8th, 2008 11:55 PM

I still have my first save file for Link's Awakening that says "932" :(

Guitar Woman Jul 8th, 2008 11:57 PM

So I picked up Mario Strikers Charged again today

I said "One little game couldn't hurt" and then 3 hours later I've got the world's worst case of wanker's cramp :<

bigtimecow Jul 9th, 2008 04:54 PM

fuck >: i am a failure

does ocarina have a similar counter?

Guitar Woman Jul 9th, 2008 05:34 PM

All the ones before Majora's mask do, yeah

EisigerBiskuit Jul 9th, 2008 06:17 PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

I have yet to here anyone to tell me to get out.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 9th, 2008 07:52 PM

and then I stopped playing because it's maxed at 8fps.

Guitar Woman Jul 9th, 2008 07:53 PM

Stalker takes a hell of a machine to run, but it's worth it.

executioneer Jul 9th, 2008 08:17 PM

so fucking worth it :( i wish my gfx card wasn't glitching out, i'd probly play it a hell of a lot more

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 08:28 PM

The thing with STALKER is it seems like it was on the cusp of being great but then fell just short. It's a very atmospheric and original game with tons of interesting stuff going on but the developers seemed to have forgotten to get the basics really solid before moving onto the fancy stuff. Specifically I felt the combat didn't work very well for a lot of the game.

Definitely worth playing though.

Fathom Zero Jul 9th, 2008 08:31 PM

What about the prequal coming out? Any thoughts on it?

Guitar Woman Jul 9th, 2008 08:35 PM

They didn't even finish Stalker before releasing it :<

Oblivion Lost and some other mods are musts when playing.

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 08:44 PM

I think it's going to be good. STALKER was GSC GW's first go at an FPSRPG so it was bound to be a little rough around the edges. Now that they've got the experience of the first game under their belt they should be much better prepared to pull out the stops and produce a proper triple A title.

The new graphics stuff they're doing looks nice too.

EisigerBiskuit Jul 9th, 2008 08:48 PM

I was reading about clear sky. Holy crap, time to dream of new parts.

As for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and every other game released after 2003 for that matter, do not favor me. It was fun while I was at 15fps without too much skipping. Reminds me of a Fallout FPS. Then when I reach the Garbage, shit gets bad.

Also, before Stalker got released, it just seemed like they were cutting shit left and right. It feels half finished.

MetalMilitia Jul 9th, 2008 08:53 PM

Yeah they basically wasted YEARS on stupid features that never made the cut. At one stage they said that during the nights you'd have to barricade yourself inside a building to avoid being killed while you slept - you had to sleep regularly or you'd die or something. There was also all this weird stuff with the blowouts that never actually made the final game.