I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

stevetothepast May 6th, 2009 12:00 AM

new prince of persia sucks ass

Phoenix Gamma May 6th, 2009 12:26 AM

New Klonoa kicks ass.

Also emulating MvC2. Dunno why they had to have two seperate versions of Wolverine, but whatever.

Skulhedface May 6th, 2009 03:25 AM

How in the hell are you emulating MvC2? I thought it was unemulatable (word?).

Uhm, by that, you mean Marvel vs Capcom, right? If not, boy do I feel like a douche.

Phoenix Gamma May 6th, 2009 06:47 AM

MvC2 on the Dreamcast. Runs at 100% on my computer. Only problem is the sound fucks up when I do a Hyper Combo. Other than that, it's flawless.

Dimnos May 6th, 2009 02:20 PM

What a Dreamcast emulator on you computer? :hypno Do you have a good one?

Phoenix Gamma May 6th, 2009 03:09 PM

I've been using NullDC, though I also have Chankast, which had some problems setting up properly. I hear it's reliable, so I'm sure it's just a matter of me being too lazy to sit down and sort that shit.

I'm running it on my 3 year old Dell Inspiron laptop. It's not as taxing a job as you'd think, since the game's just 2D sprites with low poly backdrops. There's a bit of lag when you're using Hypers, but when hypers are on screen, you're not really doing anything besides blocking, and even then, it's only knocked down to 80%.

Sam May 6th, 2009 03:23 PM

MvC2 on my PS2. ;)

Dr. Boogie May 8th, 2009 07:06 PM

The PC version of Bully.

The game crashes every single time I get into gym class; something that was not fixed in the one patch for the game. So I'm not exactly impressed.

Tadao May 8th, 2009 07:11 PM

Is that one of those Japanese dating games?

bigtimecow May 9th, 2009 06:22 PM

chrono fucking trigger! this is by far the most exciting RPG i've ever played. the battle system is fucking beautiful

Sam May 9th, 2009 08:12 PM

PATAPON

brokensaint82 May 9th, 2009 08:29 PM

i was playin RE5...got around to buyin it finally....and then the 360 tanked on the rrod so now i downgraded to a ps2 and re4 bleh and yeah chrono trigger fuckn rocks

Phoenix Gamma May 9th, 2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 627931)
chrono fucking trigger! this is by far the most exciting RPG i've ever played. the battle system is fucking beautiful

'Bout fucking time

brokensaint82 May 9th, 2009 10:51 PM

I could never get all the endings for CT it kept pissin me off but maybe I'll try it again

Phoenix Gamma May 9th, 2009 10:57 PM

In the DS version, they keep track of the endings you got, so it's a little more feasible. They even added a whole new ending and three mini dungeons to tie CT with CC.

Which can be a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

brokensaint82 May 9th, 2009 11:00 PM

yea all i go is the PS1 version...and the old snes cart soemwhere amid the mess that is my closet....but i'll break out the PS1 and play it......then again that might be the reason for me to buy a ds. and as far as tyeing CT and CC i thought they did that in the endings where the cats step into the time machine? or does that kinda expandf and make more apparent?

Phoenix Gamma May 9th, 2009 11:16 PM

PS1 version has load times before battles. Icky :( The DS is definitely the difinitive version, since it's basically the SNES build with the PSX extras, plus its own unique additions, and the sound's been 100% preserved (instead of totally fucked like a lot of ports on handhelds). The optional touch interface also makes chosing commands faster if you play on Active.

The cats and the time machine didn't have anything to do with CC, unless there's some cat ending in CC that's supposed to allude to CT. I know there's a few mentions of Robo and Lucca in CC, and that Crono, Marle, and Lucca make cameos as child ghosts or...something. Plus Schala was a huge focus at the end of the game.

But since Chrono Trigger was pretty much complete, the sequel kinda fell into dis continuity among most fans.

brokensaint82 May 9th, 2009 11:29 PM

yeah the loadf times suck i had forgotten bout them, guess I'll just break out the snes and play the original, and i thought that the main enmy, i forget his name, in CC was a cat person and thats where the cats goin in the time machine had me confused. and i had random musings about square remaking CT into 3-D, which would ultimately suck ofcourse

10,000 Volt Ghost May 11th, 2009 01:34 PM

I need to play CT. I got halfway through Chrono Cross and noticed someone ganked my 2nd disc. >:

I was thinking about getting a DS sometime soon but I might wait until winter now that it's getting nice out.

brokensaint82 May 12th, 2009 01:43 PM

I tried the DS but idk i just didnt like it for some reason...course there really hasnt been any games on it that i stood up and said I HAVE TO HAVE THAT CT MIGHT make me get one but i doubt it since i got it for both SNES and PS1

Phoenix Gamma May 12th, 2009 02:08 PM

you might like the DSi. It's pretty fucking sweet. I love mine.

Been playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out on my laptop to get ready for Monday. I never made it past the second Bald Bull fight, but over the past two days, I made it to Super Macho Man. My dad beat this game years ago, so I'm kinda embarrassed by the fact that I never could.

brokensaint82 May 12th, 2009 02:37 PM

been playin my PS2 since i Decided to send my 360 in and found Red faction used to love thsi game...cant see why now tho, altough the new one comin looks like it'll be a hell of a lot better

OxBlood May 13th, 2009 09:24 AM

Since Shadow Hearts 3 is not as entertaining as 1 and 2, switching back and forth between Dino Crisis 2 and Vagrant Story for the PS1...and maybe some Parasite Eve 2...great games.

M. Blaze May 13th, 2009 11:57 AM

NHL 09. I don't play many sports games these days, but this one is great. The "Be A Pro" mode is damn addicting, although it's slowly but surely starting to piss me off...

---

Colorado Avalanche coach: "All right, you've proven yourself in the second offensive line, so I'm moving you up to the first one where you play with Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg. Don't disappoint me"

*I play three games on the first line, scoring three goals and god knows how many assists in the first two games, while the third one is disappointing as everyone on the team including Sakic and Forsberg seem to have forgotten how to play, I almost score an empty net goal but some asshole trips me at the blue line eight seconds before the end*

Coach: "We demand the absolute best from you in EVERY MATCH, not just on occasion. We're demoting you to the second line as of now. I hope you have learned something from this. Blah blah blah. I'm a dick. Blah blah blah."

*I score two goals in the next game*

---

Yeah, let's blame the new guy for the team's sudden drop in performance, even though he's scored something like 25 points in his first 15 games! I bet they'll send me back to the Lake Erie Monsters next, as the team's playing efforts don't seem to be getting any better and I can't seem to be able to score any goals any more either.

stevetothepast May 13th, 2009 12:59 PM

I just started playing Fracture for the 360, some people say it's generic, and the reviews have been pretty well shit for it, but I think it's as fun or more than GoW and other 3PS's