I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Guitar Woman Nov 10th, 2007 12:08 AM

I'm applying for a job at a game store that just moved in to my neighborhood! My mommy made me a resume and everything!

Fathom Zero Nov 10th, 2007 12:23 AM

Well, good luck.

MarioRPG Nov 10th, 2007 11:39 AM

Make sure you mention you're mom helped

bigtimecow Nov 11th, 2007 03:10 AM

warcraft 2 is sex

-adam

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2007 04:27 AM

why why why why WHY is the Mother 3 translation being handled by a bunch of incompetant faggots

zeldasbiggestfan Nov 11th, 2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 510672)
So this week I started a job as a motel clerk at a shall-remain-unnamed chain. I've only just finished my 4th day at work and already I've had a good deal of encounters with crazies.

There's a schizophrenic fellow who comes by every day and asks for matches. We give them to him because we have a billion of the things and he generally leaves after he gets them, but not before engaging in a long string of mostly unrelated phrases with whoever happens to be behind the counter at the time. He also tries to give us money for the (free) apples on our complimentary breakfast table. (The man is very obviously homeless, but he carries around a huge wad of bills.) Yesterday he attempted to pass several slips of paper through the teller window and tried to redeem them for cash. One of them was a free day pass to a gym that's nowhere near our motel and the other was some coupon from a newspaper. Who the fuck knows where he got those? He also attempted to explain to my supervisor that he was indeed eligible to join one of our member programs and get his free 25 dollar gift card because he did, in fact, sleep at the motel last night -- he just slept in the rear parking lot. About two hours later he came back and knocked on the window, but took off running when he saw that the night security happened to be in the room and thusly chased him down. Didn't see him again after that.

This other thing is less due to craziness and more to senility, but we had an older couple and their son and daughter-in-law check in, and since they were getting separate rooms I put the two couples on separate registries. The mother had to at least be rapidly approaching her late 70's, and needless to say I was a bit shocked at how young she looked on her driver's license photo. This license was also a milky green-white color and not the tan brown ones I'm used to from this particular state. I happened to glance at the expiration date: July 2001.

I let it slide and took the ID anyway because this woman obviously was not going to cause trouble. I ALMOST brought it up, but she reminded me too much of my grandma so I just booked them anyway.

There are also several crackheads holed up in two of our rooms and have been so for 5+ days, and they don't seem to be leaving anytime soon. The dipshits keep losing their keys and one of them keeps walking around the property with no shirt on and his pants around his knees. Security threw him out last night, but he came back today and started bitching at me because he 'just got out of prison' and wasn't going to take any harassment from a 'rent-a-cop.' He came back a few hours later to get his phone turned back on and had clearly just inhaled a few minutes before headed out the door, because he was jittering and scratching like he was covered in ants.

I can't wait for them to leave.

Florida sounds nice.

Emu Nov 11th, 2007 10:56 AM

The crackheads got kicked out last night. :lol :lol :lol The captain of the security squad that works our property was on duty last night, and he was the one who threw them out the other day. I told him about what happened and gave him the names of the guys, and he called the other motels on the street and asked whether they had checked in. He found them a few miles down the road at another motel. He was planning to go down there with 3-4 of his other guys and search their room. I can't wait to hear about it.

bigtimecow Nov 11th, 2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 510757)
why why why why WHY is the Mother 3 translation being handled by a bunch of incompetant faggots

they'll be done soon GW i promise. i've been impatient since the day they accounced the translation (a year ago).

-adam

Guitar Woman Nov 11th, 2007 03:44 PM

Man forget it when Mother 3 is in english I'll be too busy playing Duke Nukem Forever and Starcraft Ghost

bigtimecow Nov 11th, 2007 04:02 PM

lol duke nukem forever

forever is right

-adam

Jeff The Ninja Nov 11th, 2007 10:55 PM

HEY GUYZ, WHAT DID I MISS!!!!! :D

MarioRPG Nov 12th, 2007 03:15 PM

Woah. Just woah.

bigtimecow Nov 12th, 2007 07:41 PM

oh gosh

-adam

Emu Nov 12th, 2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 510798)
Man forget it when Mother 3 is in english I'll be too busy playing Duke Nukem Forever and Starcraft Ghost

You know what I love about Wikipedia is that it had no qualms about displaying the ENTIRE FUCKING PLOT in DRIPPING, FULL-COLOR DETAIL of Mother 3 without providing a single spoiler tag or even a god damn paragraph break.

"The Pig Army are the villains of Mother 3, lead by a mysterious masked character, who is actually (CHARACTER) in disguise, who you fight in the game's final battle."

Esuohlim Nov 12th, 2007 08:46 PM

I thought about Mother 3 this morning and I didn't even read this thread. Usually I play Earthbound around this time of year as a tradition but I don't know. This might be the first time in six years that I don't only because I'm sort of tired of it :x

I feel terrible for thinking this though :( :(

Esuohlim Nov 12th, 2007 08:47 PM

But yeah the monkeys translating Mother 3 are taking too goddamn long. I could have just learned Japanese myself and played the original version by now >:

Emu Nov 12th, 2007 08:59 PM

Yeah, you'd think since they merged the two translator projects that PERHAPS it would be going a little faster.

They probably should've just called fucking DeJap or something.

Guitar Woman Nov 12th, 2007 09:12 PM

I've already had Mother 3 spoiled a lot for me and I'm really pissed about it :<

Also, I saw what the Beta final boss fight was, and it's like Giygas times a million. They didn't put it in the final version, though :(

Guitar Woman Nov 12th, 2007 09:15 PM

Also one of the SSB Brawl updates had a spoiler in it which I narrowly missed, but I don't think it would matter now.

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2007 09:32 PM

I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one.

bigtimecow Nov 13th, 2007 12:15 AM

speaking of SSBB, new pork city is going to be the best stage in the game (other than custom ones). this has nothing to do with the fact that all the other stages are just flat with a couple platforms and OH MY GOD WEATHER EFFECTS AND COLLAPSING SHIT

the other stages will be fun, but new pork city will WIN

-adam

Guitar Woman Nov 13th, 2007 02:51 PM

THANKS FOR TELLING ME THE ONE SPOILER I WASN'T IN ON FAGGOT

MarioRPG Nov 13th, 2007 03:29 PM

YEAH YES YEAH.

EisigerBiskuit Nov 13th, 2007 04:18 PM

Only good when eaten 1 minute after prepared. Anyone who eats it otherwise is a peasant.

RaNkeri Nov 13th, 2007 04:27 PM

What the heck is that? Looks like somekind of a taco or somethin'