I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Sethomas Apr 18th, 2008 03:37 PM

Apparently, one time he wrote a national news piece that was published with his picture next to it. A few weeks later, he was walking down a path (I think it was a small stretch of the Appalachian Trail) and he passed a few men who had walkie talkies and were wearing business suits, despite the weather and the bizarreness of wearing such on a hiking trail. A few minutes after that, Bill Clinton, then the President of the United States, passed him going the other direction and said, "well, hello Dr. Hamburger. I liked your article." or something like that.

Sethomas Apr 18th, 2008 03:39 PM

http://www.indiana.edu/~pepp/earthqu...tation_002.jpg

I told them last week to replace the green ink, and that's how Seth changed history.

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 03:41 PM

Looking at that makes me glad that I am not involved with Seismology

executioneer Apr 18th, 2008 03:48 PM

is he related to neil hamburger, america's funnyman

Sethomas Apr 18th, 2008 03:54 PM

Well, to plug the data into IRIS they digitalized all the seismograms anyways, so those things exist right now only to give something that television reporters can scare people with.

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 18th, 2008 04:16 PM

I just got my wisdom teeth removed today.
I hate life.

Asila Apr 18th, 2008 04:44 PM

I couldn't think of a good reason to make a whole new thread about this, so:
My daughter's father just stopped by, and eventually brought the conversation around to his child and all the various things that seeing her entails. While I had prepared myself for a lot of things--he once tried to convince me to give her up to his parents--I really hadn't thought that he'd actually come out and tell me that he wants to legally give up his parental rights. As in, on monday.
I don't know, I guess.

executioneer Apr 18th, 2008 04:45 PM

whoa

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 04:53 PM

Would he still pay child support?

Asila Apr 18th, 2008 04:55 PM

I don't know what the law is in NC, but apparently he's done research on the subject and is under the impression that terminating his rights means that he won't have to anymore. Haha anymore, he hasn't paid child support at all.

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 05:02 PM

Take the shitbag up on it

No offense, but seriously, he's a shitbag. I've got a drunkass, pretty irresponsible former coworker who's spinning out hard right now, and he's still sending his ex double what he needs to in child support (and they've had a crapload of huge, godawful fights, many within the past month).

If he doesn't care about his kid anyway, fuck 'em

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 05:04 PM

And that coworker I mentioned doesn't even have a JOB right now, but he makes damn sure he scrounges up money for his son

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 05:08 PM

Just discuss all of this with a lawyer very thoroughly before you agree to or say anything

Asila Apr 18th, 2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Take the shitbag up on it

No offense, but seriously, he's a shitbag. I've got a drunkass, pretty irresponsible former coworker who's spinning out hard right now, and he's still sending his ex double what he needs to in child support (and they've had a crapload of huge, godawful fights, many within the past month).

If he doesn't care about his kid anyway, fuck 'em
I've attempted to explain to people that don't quite agree with you (ie my mother, who thinks I need to latch onto the child support issue like a starved bulldog) that insisting on child support leaves open the possibility that he'd ask for visitation as well, and I'm sincerely concerned about her safety while under his care, and for good reason. Having him gone forever... I guess I can't imagine saying that you never want to see your child again, but I think the option he's presented will be the best for her in the long run.
And I don't care about money, I care about her.

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 05:10 PM

Just talk to a lawyer and make very sure that, if you two agree that he doesn't get rights or child support, that there is no way in hell that he can change his mind and meddle in your lives before the kid's eighteen

Asila Apr 18th, 2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

And that coworker I mentioned doesn't even have a JOB right now, but he makes damn sure he scrounges up money for his son
Haha. It's funny because her father did the exact opposite--quit his job so he wouldn't legally be asked to pay anything.

Quote:

Just discuss all of this with a lawyer very thoroughly before you agree to or say anything
Agreed.

Zomboid Apr 18th, 2008 05:17 PM

GRISLY AREN'T YOU A DISHWASHER OR SOMETHING? YOU COULD MOONLIGHT AS A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 05:19 PM

If all it took to be lawyer was recommending to see another lawyer, Lionel Hutz would be rolling in it

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 05:22 PM

Then we'd get the opening transfer sequence from Ikiru in our own legal system, and America would spawn a great up-and-coming, if a bit too sentimental, director to make a scathing social commentary about it and influence millions of aspiring film makers and America would be back on top of the cultural export arena

take that, ch*nks

Fathom Zero Apr 18th, 2008 05:25 PM

Even after it's all over, you can still demand the cumulative child support due that he's accrued.

Asila Apr 18th, 2008 05:36 PM

I kind of feel like, if I agree with what he wants, that I don't want to be a cunt about the whole thing; I just want him gone in every way.

Grislygus Apr 18th, 2008 05:40 PM

Sounds like he wants that too, for the moment. Just use it to your advantage and write him out while he's still game for it

But if you don't make sure he can't come back later, he will

Tadao Apr 18th, 2008 05:46 PM

Yes, please listen to Gus, you aren't going to be a cunt. You will be doing what is right for your child. Don't let you girl down, make sure this guy is LEGALLY removed.

Fat_Hippo Apr 18th, 2008 06:06 PM

Well, how much do you need the money? Are you financially stable, or do you really need the money? And would it be even worth your time to force him to pay child support, or would the amount he could give be so small, as you said he quit his job, that it wouldn't even be worth it? Or would the extra lawyer fees probably be so high, that it'd end up costing more than you'd get from it? 'Cause if it would, yeah, sever the guy from your life as cleanly as possible.

Asila Apr 18th, 2008 06:32 PM

It's not necessary to the point that it's worth the hassle of him. I guess we'll see on monday.

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 07:53 PM

Colonel Flagg Apr 18th, 2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asila (Post 550335)
It's not necessary to the point that it's worth the hassle of him. I guess we'll see on monday.

If he's never paid any support, you may be able to agree to terminate rights, get all the requisite documentation signed and notarized (I know it takes a minimum of 3 months in PA even when all parties agree (and longer when they don't, personal experience), but I don't know the law in NC), then refuse to grandfather the x years of no-support payments he's failed to make. But it might be more trouble than it's worth.

I'm in agreement with seemingly everyone else here, in that you will know better about how this will shake out after you talk with a good lawyer.

In any case, good luck on Monday! I hope it works out the best for you and your daughter.

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 08:09 PM

We turned a page, shut up about that crap already.

Chojin Apr 18th, 2008 08:15 PM

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softix (Post 550261)
Wow, love sucks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 550351)
i hear the worst part of WoW love is the grinding

Guitar Woman Apr 18th, 2008 08:17 PM

I hope I have a cat just like that one day

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 550384)
I was with my lady 6 years before we married. I'm going off of my own personal experience.

Original Research. Mark for deletion.

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Chojin (Post 550387)
but wait i also have something to add to this thread

This is not the action of someone wrongfully banned.

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 550379)
achimp's the one that banned ffourester during tpil's 10-minute raid of the forums so I can't be 100% sure that he was griefing instead of just getting caught up in a frenzy of bans, but since all of his posts were deleted, too, I have reason to believe the ban was justified.

Can we change the rules to stop flooding being deleted then? They can be crime labbed, or at least an example of the offending.

Accountability for moderation!

WhiteRat Apr 18th, 2008 08:54 PM

Yesterday at work we found a black widow underneath the breakroom sink. We put it in a jar and later witnessed the miracle of life as it spun an egg sac and filled it with eggs.

Asila Apr 18th, 2008 08:59 PM

As creepy as I happen to find spiders, that's really incredibly cool. What are you planning on doing with it?

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 550382)
I think you are confusing effect with cause.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 550383)

YA CAN'T TAKE THE EFFECT, AND MAKE IT THE CAUSE

It's been a while since I've mentioned that Jack White always reminds me of Chojin.

WhiteRat Apr 18th, 2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asila (Post 550401)
As creepy as I happen to find spiders, that's really incredibly cool. What are you planning on doing with it?

We put it outside and poked tiny holes in the lid. Spiders don't bother me too much Black Widows are a whole different story so we plan on torching the beast in a few days. Hundreds of Black widow babies...the hell with that.

Tadao Apr 18th, 2008 09:09 PM

Yeah, or you can sell them to goths.

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 09:11 PM

Is it a federal crime to mail them to people we don't like?

Chojin Apr 18th, 2008 09:15 PM

right now what I do is report one of the griefing posts so that it's backed up in the CRIME LAB and then delete all their posts.

Pub Lover Apr 18th, 2008 09:17 PM

Why is AChimp still even a mod?

Chojin Apr 18th, 2008 09:51 PM

he's supposed to update the board software occasionally

note: this hasn't happened in the last year+

Tadao Apr 18th, 2008 10:53 PM

Asila Apr 18th, 2008 10:55 PM

My hug reflex just kicked in

RaNkeri Apr 19th, 2008 01:17 AM

MarioRPG Apr 19th, 2008 07:43 AM

Oh god cute animals. I'm sure someone will photoshop some hilarious joke into one soon.

HickMan Apr 19th, 2008 12:11 PM

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 19th, 2008 05:16 PM

executioneer Apr 19th, 2008 06:20 PM

grossss

executioneer Apr 19th, 2008 06:20 PM

Guitar Woman Apr 19th, 2008 06:24 PM

:lol

Seven Force Apr 19th, 2008 09:03 PM

:lol @ willie

Chojin Apr 20th, 2008 01:12 AM

People seem to have the attitude that the internet "at this rate" is going to keep getting worse and worse until it's somehow more deplorable than it is already.

Personally, I think that as the members of "Generation-I" grow up, you'll see a lot of adults born with the internet keeping the next generation in line.

TODAY'S GAMEFAQS POSTERS ARE TOMORROW'S UNCOOL DADS.

Tadao Apr 20th, 2008 03:21 AM

It has always been. Music isn't as good as it was, the forums, they weather, McDonalds Burgers, Cartoons, Kids, Clothes, Haircuts.... on and fucking on and fucking on.

I lose respect when I here someone cry out THE FORUM SUCKS NOW!

They are in for a big surprise, and will hate life more and more as they grow older and bitter and wither away into nobody likes you land.

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 01:37 PM

Already there, Pal. ;(

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force (Post 550537)
i keep dreaming im in high school and i keep skipping math class and im like "eh its no problem" then its mid-terms and i dont want to not graduate and i panic and for some reason pub is in the back just chillin smokin a joint

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Octogonopus (Post 550550)
What is up with everyone on these forums and pot? SMOKER ARE JOKERS!

Oh fuck, I smoked a joint in some random shit's dream? I must be blazin all day long. :rolleyes

Also, am I blowing it in your goddamn face? Are you tied down while I do that? Let me tell you kid, if I had you strapped to a board, I'm not stopping at just smoke in your zit-ridden face. >:

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force (Post 550531)
this thread is GBS

i thought some of you guys were better than this

You're so very, sorely mistaken.

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DALI-II (Post 550614)
Hi past me, i have a few things to tell you about... THE FUTURE!
1.Yes,Miss Holloway is a rotten old bitch, but ACTUALLY PUT EFFORT IN HER HOMEWORK!
2. James is a retard who has DOS,on his PC. Don´t go to the movies with him.
3. Maca will grow up to be an idiot. Go out with Cristina.
4. DO NOT,i repeat DO NOT see this movie called Epic Movie. It will only cause extreme vomiting.
5. Invest in this little thing called Wikipedia.
6. Yes,MR.T is awesome. Even 10 years from now.
7. Go to Trinity college. Yes, i know your acting isn´t that good. SO PRACTISE!
8. Marina, while she may look intimidating, will be your best friend later on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DALI-II (Post 550600)
Name- Matthew
Age- Older than you!

You are mistaken. You also suck.

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 550609)
I think I'm amusing. ;(

You are also mistaken.

Hat-trick!

Asila Apr 20th, 2008 02:50 PM

Yeah, we missed you too

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 03:08 PM

Some one needs to be absent before they can be missed.

Also, when did you get into the 'we' group?

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 550443)
All I can say is that I hope they actually make it possible for you to drive more than 5 minutes without flipping your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 550476)
I can't will my car to not flip, the controls and physics are the floatiest bullshit I think I've ever seen.

I've seen people have this issue in GTA & real life, the problem is idiocy. Congrats.

ElPila666 Apr 20th, 2008 03:56 PM

What about parking your car between two cars?, that's impossible for me, thank god they did'n t make me doing that in the driving test

Tadao Apr 20th, 2008 03:58 PM

Try it without weed

ElPila666 Apr 20th, 2008 03:59 PM

man we're on 21st century there should be car autopilot

ElPila666 Apr 20th, 2008 04:03 PM

is hardest difficult while you're drunk. i remember once i felt like as a car racer and i did an almost 90º bend turn while i was drunk, i scared the shit out

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 20th, 2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 550611)
Oh fuck, I smoked a joint in some random shit's dream? I must be blazin all day long. :rolleyes

Also, am I blowing it in your goddamn face? Are you tied down while I do that? Let me tell you kid, if I had you strapped to a board, I'm not stopping at just smoke in your zit-ridden face. >:

I was messing around, douchefag. Smoke all you want, I don't give a shit.
Also, I'm an uncle now. Kinda cool.

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 20th, 2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPila666 (Post 550637)
man we're on 21st century there should be car autopilot

Don't they have those cars that can parallel park themselves?

Esuohlim Apr 20th, 2008 04:09 PM

Parallel parking is easy you idiots

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Octogonopus (Post 550639)
I was messing around, douchefag.

Oh shit? People mess around on this forum? :eek

Well shit! I was serious! :eek

I hope you die after seeing nasty things happen to everyone you love! :)

Buddy. :lol

Tadao Apr 20th, 2008 04:12 PM

He's gonna get waterboarded with jizz

ElPila666 Apr 20th, 2008 04:14 PM

i got busted while i was driving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91diSbeu4E

ElPila666 Apr 20th, 2008 04:22 PM

JK, but that old man had an automatic box that got stuck, that's what he said about why he couldn't handle the car

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 550647)
ME is a pile of wank. They just took 98, broke it, added Spider Solitaire and released it.
I'm sure someone could install a copy of AIDS into your arse for free but it wouldn't make it any better.

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 04:41 PM

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 20th, 2008 04:53 PM

:melt Seriously, that man scares the hell out of me. His vacant stare... the tortured disembodied screams of children....

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 04:55 PM

OMFG WTFH SERIOUSLY?! INTERROBANG ROFLMFAO

Esuohlim Apr 20th, 2008 04:58 PM

LINUS TORVALDS

LINUS TORVALDS LINUS TORVADLS

LINSU TORVALS >:

ElPila666 Apr 20th, 2008 05:00 PM

Bill Gates looks sexy on that pic

MetalMilitia Apr 20th, 2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Octogonopus (Post 550653)
:melt Seriously, that man scares the hell out of me. His vacant stare... the tortured disembodied screams of children....

He's given more money to charity than you could make in a hundred thousand lifetimes. That's probably what all the children are screaming about.

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 550656)
LINUS TORVALDS

Yeah, go post that in the Microsoft ME Sucks thread.

Esuohlim Apr 20th, 2008 05:05 PM

I've never used Linux in my life. >:

Esuohlim Apr 20th, 2008 05:06 PM

I don't use a Mac either because I can't get used to the button for closing a window being on the top left and I get hell of pissed >:

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 05:07 PM

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 20th, 2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 550659)
He's given more money to charity than you could make in a hundred thousand lifetimes. That's probably what all the children are screaming about.

It's a cover up. Of course everyone will trust him with their kid if he's donated to hospitals and whatnot! And if their child happens to come back as an empty husk, then he/she is probably better off like that, if Bill Gates did it! Damn Gates.

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 05:17 PM

Everyone trusts a richman. :picklehat

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 20th, 2008 05:28 PM

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 05:33 PM

You are so very banned.

And as there is no justice, when I say I 'banned' I mean added to my ignore list. Oh holy fuck yes!

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLieutenant (Post 550674)
what's your favorite thing about the site?- Pretty much everything; up to, and including, the fact that Tadao probably hates me

Oh no the angry new guy hates the other new guys! I hope this doesn't turn into a rumble! :eek

Seven Force Apr 20th, 2008 07:42 PM

itll be a needle-dickwaving contest

Tadao Apr 20th, 2008 07:42 PM

The fact and probably have no place in the same tense.

Tadao Apr 20th, 2008 07:43 PM

The only thing 7 is good at is showing up.

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 550679)

As the pert & bubbly GW would say: What?

Pub Lover Apr 20th, 2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLieutenant (Post 550674)
what's your favorite thing about the site?- Pretty much everything; up to, and including, the fact that Tadao probably hates me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 550679)

OK, I see. Too many dream spliffs this morning. Makes me slooooooooow.

Tadao Apr 20th, 2008 08:16 PM

At least it keeps you from doing a dumb thing like considering joining the U.S. military right about now.

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 20th, 2008 10:09 PM

Damn, headshot.

Seven Force Apr 20th, 2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 550680)
The only thing 7 is good at is showing up.

i got a real bone to pick with you

Seven Force Apr 20th, 2008 10:24 PM

since you're all one bone by now anyway

Tadao Apr 20th, 2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force (Post 550696)
i got a real bone to pick with you

You and your penis fetish.