I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

executioneer Jul 21st, 2009 07:52 PM

i'd work the whole "this is sort of borderline incestuous, isn't it?" angle myself

Poison Doom Jul 21st, 2009 07:57 PM

I'll pretend to be his sister if he's cute enough.

Colonel Flagg Jul 21st, 2009 08:37 PM

Just tell him the truth - you don't want to go out with him, and you'll see the movie and all, but that's it. What the "f" is the problem with that?

Throw in the "Let's just be friends" line - if he's got any brains at all, he'll drop you like a bad job.

Which is what you want, right?

Colonel Flagg Jul 21st, 2009 08:40 PM

Outside of drugs, alcohol or a wicked ass-beating, any suggestions on getting a "very nocturnal" 6-year old to sleep?

Just throwing it out there ....

Fathom Zero Jul 21st, 2009 08:42 PM

A good cry. Tell 'em Old Yeller's dead.

But seclusion in a room with nothing to do that they can't get out of always worked for me. If they get frustrated, better. They'll tire themselves out, get bored, and sleep.

Tadao Jul 21st, 2009 08:46 PM

BED TIME STORIES! Read him Black Beauty. The one about the horse, not the other one.

Kitsa Jul 21st, 2009 08:50 PM

Start yawning and hope he/she is suggestible.

I made the mistake of watching "The Real Housewives of Orange County" today. It only reinforced my existing belief that if Orange County simply disappeared, the word would probably be better off.

Seriously. When one says to the other, "You look so pretty", she doesn't say "thanks, you too"...she says, "Oh, do I?!?"

Tadao Jul 21st, 2009 08:52 PM

I agree, in fact all of Florida should disappear.

DevilWearsPrada Jul 21st, 2009 09:00 PM

orange county is in california

Tadao Jul 21st, 2009 09:01 PM

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/cms/default.htm

Tadao Jul 21st, 2009 09:02 PM

Fun Fact, Disneyland is in both Orange County's

Kitsa Jul 21st, 2009 09:13 PM

It's also in upstate NY; what the hell?

Tadao Jul 21st, 2009 09:17 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, that's where that OC Chopper place is I think.

Kitsa Jul 21st, 2009 09:20 PM

Yeah, it's next door to a factory my dad has to visit all the time. He said in the past 10 years they've built like crazy and now it's practically an amusement park when it used to just be a garage.

elx Jul 21st, 2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 638532)
Just tell him the truth - you don't want to go out with him, and you'll see the movie and all, but that's it. What the "f" is the problem with that?

Throw in the "Let's just be friends" line - if he's got any brains at all, he'll drop you like a bad job.

Which is what you want, right?

yes, i did tell him that i did not like him and did not want a boyfriend, but then my mother told him that i was just being shy. i also did not want to go on the date, but my mother had already accepted on my behalf and now it's too late to back out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 638535)
Outside of drugs, alcohol or a wicked ass-beating, any suggestions on getting a "very nocturnal" 6-year old to sleep?

i don't have much experience with kids so this probably won't be helpful but you could always try it when all else fails

instead of attempting to get the child to sleep, just make it comfortable, show that it isn't a big deal to you and i think they'd just relax and eventually fall to sleep. instead of 'bed time' make it 'quiet time'.

that seems like it may work on kids, because in the little experience i do have, by trying to force the child to sleep and making a big thing of it they just become more stubborn and reluctant. just mentioning 'bedtime' can make them bounce off walls. :(

Kitsa Jul 21st, 2009 09:27 PM

Another thing is that kids assume all the best stuff happens after they go to sleep. Maybe if you did something super-boring, the kid would lose interest.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 21st, 2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 638535)

Tell him to do jumping jacks until he's tired.

The Leader Jul 21st, 2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 638554)
yes, i did tell him that i did not like him and did not want a boyfriend, but then my mother told him that i was just being shy. i also did not want to go on the date, but my mother had already accepted on my behalf and now it's too late to back out.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't a real date and that your mother is just trying to get you to have some sort of actual human interaction, which is ironic considering the fact that she chose to home school you.

Colonel Flagg Jul 21st, 2009 10:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestions - I guess doing work on the computer was a good choice, because she's out for the count. YE GODS but she's a tough cookie. (I might have met my match here.) ;) I don't know if this counts as doing something really boring, but maybe ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 638554)

Excuse me, but your mom accepts dates for you? And he thinks this is OK? Maybe he should date your mom. :eek

If you feel you've got no choice, then go, and make the best of a lousy situation. At the end of the date, shake his hand and say "Thanks."

Colonel Flagg Jul 21st, 2009 10:21 PM

[dblpst]

Fathom Zero Jul 21st, 2009 10:24 PM

Tell him to fuckin' beat it.

Aaarg Jul 21st, 2009 10:26 PM

Watched this last night. Tak Sakaguchi is pretty awesome. Just sayin'.

Terra Jul 21st, 2009 10:31 PM

Jesus. I hate when I'm about to post some useless form of advice and some asshole jumps in and puts up a f*cking poster.

Aaarg Jul 21st, 2009 10:34 PM

F*ck me?! No, f*ck you!

Terra Jul 21st, 2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 638572)
F*ck me?! No, f*ck you!

Oh! So YOU'RE that ASSHOLE!