I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

OxBlood Dec 3rd, 2012 10:09 AM

Nah, I haven´t tried MP yet, finished the SP though. It´s really been a while since I was so taken in by a story, let alone in a fucking shooter...so someone at UBI deserves a tiny tiny medal.

I still have so much stuff to finish, and there´s also an unplayed copy of Calling for the Wii sitting on my shelf...I know it´s not very good but I thought it´d be fun to play with a friend or so :D

Oh and the gamey-pun was unintentional, should´ve noticed though :lol

WhiteRoseBrian Dec 3rd, 2012 11:40 AM

I downloaded Space Channel 5 Part 2. Big mistake--I should have downloaded Toejam and Earl instead. I turned out to be terrible at Space Channel 5, as I couldn't even pass the second level. I would have been more upset if it wasn't discounted. Perhaps someone who has better rhythm, reflexes, and memory would enjoy it more than I do.

Mike Tobacco Dec 3rd, 2012 07:41 PM

While straightening up my shelves I came across Quake II, and it dawned on me that although I played the shit out of multiplayer, I had never beaten the single player game. So, I'm working on fixing that. Oldie but a goodie.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 5th, 2012 11:56 AM

I downloaded Ninja Gaiden 3: Good Edition for the Wii U. It's the first Ninja Gaiden game I've played since the NES one, so I really never played the newer ones.

Yea...so...it reminds me a LOT of Metroid Other M. Like...how did anyone expect these guys to make a good Metroid game? Because the engine and scenarios feel almost identical. I will say, it works better for an action game like Ninja Gaiden than Metroid, but it's still not great.

Also, I've been trading drawings and speedruns with the WayForward staff on the Mighty Switch Force Miiverse. I love that game, and Wayforward are bros. It was cool seeing them "Yeah" my request for a Mischief Makers sequel :love

Guitar Woman Dec 6th, 2012 06:12 PM

Yeah, Other M was literally Ninja Gaiden without swords and shit.

I gave Planetside 2 a shot. You can tell it's a Freemium game because all the default guns are fucking garbage (especially the sniper rifle, jesus christ) and it crashes every time I try to close it.

Nick Dec 6th, 2012 08:40 PM

Hahaha, oh wow. You're wrong about that, boyo.

The default guns are pretty great. The guns you unlock are never a straight upgrade either. You have to pick and choose which is best for your play style. New Conglomerate's default Sniper Rifle is also one of the best in the entire game compared to what the other factions start out with.

I'm currently trying to play through Far Cry and Far Cry 2 so I can start on Far Cry 3. I know they're not connected in any way story wise, but I wanted to see the whole series.

OxBlood Dec 7th, 2012 03:58 AM

I think, the thing about Planetside 2 that I hate the most ist how fucking stupid everybody looks. TR looks like some kind of Steampunk Rocketeer and Vanu...I don´t know, Gimps with Visors? Only the NC look remotely cool...and guess what, I´m playing TR :(

Nick Dec 7th, 2012 08:10 PM

That's what you get for playing as the tard brigade.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 10th, 2012 11:34 PM

Damn not having a 3DS

Dr. Boogie Dec 10th, 2012 11:53 PM

They knocked $40 off the price of both kinds at Best Buy this week, if you're interested.

Fathom Zero Dec 11th, 2012 12:04 AM

Damn, that looks shitty. Then again, it is Castlevania. Can't ask for much there, I guess.

Nick Dec 11th, 2012 06:56 AM

Fathom, why do you take pleasure in shitting all over the things I love?

Fathom Zero Dec 11th, 2012 08:25 AM

The last one I liked was Aria of Sorrow and the stories in the games always gave me douchechills. I'd rather they didn't exist at all.

Guitar Woman Dec 11th, 2012 12:22 PM

It is Christmas, so I am playing THE BEST Christmas game ever.

Running around Central Park shooting mutants with an M16 while people fucking spontaneously combust and explode? 6 dollars. The most kickass stage-select theme possible? Priceless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzRNZtj4lC8

Mad Melvin Dec 11th, 2012 01:09 PM

The Walking Dead

Way better than the TV-show. In fact, I can safely say that this is pretty much the only game ever where I actually cared about the characters. I mean, really cared. Great writing and voice acting. The last 15 minutes of the final episode were among the best things i've seen in videogames, when it comes to writing. Goddamn. True, there really isn't much gameplay, because it's more like an interactive story, but I would highly recommend this to anyone who is even remotely interested in videogames.

darkvare Dec 11th, 2012 01:21 PM

thq is giving away free copies of metro 2033 for anyone who has a facebook i got mine and told mattjack now go get yours guys
http://www.facebook.com/THQDemos?sk=...HN-4aL_d-dQT74

kahljorn Dec 11th, 2012 05:12 PM

sweet

Nick Dec 11th, 2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 764406)
The Walking Dead

Way better than the TV-show. In fact, I can safely say that this is pretty much the only game ever where I actually cared about the characters. I mean, really cared. Great writing and voice acting. The last 15 minutes of the final episode were among the best things i've seen in videogames, when it comes to writing. Goddamn. True, there really isn't much gameplay, because it's more like an interactive story, but I would highly recommend this to anyone who is even remotely interested in videogames.

The game is canon to the comic. That's why it doesn't suck shit like the tv show. Don't worry though. Activision is making FPS based off the tv show.

MarioRPG Dec 11th, 2012 05:35 PM

Playing Binding Of Isaac pretty much non-stop.

kahljorn Dec 11th, 2012 06:13 PM

played planetside 2

confusing :(

darkvare Dec 11th, 2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 764412)
Playing Binding Of Isaac pretty much non-stop.

damn that game took 100 hours of my life already:\

Nick Dec 12th, 2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 764414)
played planetside 2

confusing :(

It takes a little while to get used to. What you need to do is go to each sector that needs to be conquered or defended from another faction. There a LOT of people with a lot of things going on. All you need to focus on is getting a base and hope everyone else at the other bases are doing the same thing.

kahljorn Dec 12th, 2012 02:46 AM

yea i did that and sitll couldnt get into it. i guess cause its free 2 play i dont really feel like grinding a million hours for a gun that isnt even that much better than others.

was still sorta fun though

also i didnt know that they made a third parasite eve

OxBlood Dec 12th, 2012 03:29 AM

The third Birthday (PE3) is really not very good, at least not as a PE-Game. Love 1&2 though, back in the day you just couldn´t get these games around here (they were both released, but no shop had them and the one video store that had it only rented it out, those fuckers wouldn´t sell it to me).

With Planetside 2, I can only suggest playing it in small doses, that´s when it´s at its best, since defending makes no sense, gameplaywise. It´s fun, but you´re essentially wasting your time.

Dimnos Dec 13th, 2012 04:19 PM

Got my hands on a copy of the HD remake of shadow of the colossus because everyone says how great of a game it is and I couldnt disagree more. Having to climb those fucks is far more annoying than the payoff is rewarding. This ass hate has to resecure his grip and footing more times than I care to count before you even get half way up. Most of the time before he even moves one shimmy up or across, its a huge head ache.