I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

TheCoolinator Apr 30th, 2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 683251)
I was going to get a cabinet for the Golden Axe RODA but the shipping alone was like 1$k

Holy shit.......where the fuck were you shipping it from? :confused:

Amazing game by the way.

darkvare Apr 30th, 2010 08:52 PM

i finished dante's inferno really cheap ass game with a lot of begginers traps

10,000 Volt Ghost May 1st, 2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 683274)
Holy shit.......where the fuck were you shipping it from? :confused:

Amazing game by the way.

I think like Arizona. My roomate worked for a shipping company so we were going to use his business address and get a discount too.

Sam May 1st, 2010 02:41 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Golden-Axe-Reven...item3caa56d768

10,000 Volt Ghost May 1st, 2010 04:15 PM

Ugh, that's so much money.

darkvare May 2nd, 2010 12:04 AM

i got ssfIv for ps3 if anyone wants to play i'm up for it

OxBlood May 2nd, 2010 04:17 AM

Hm. Kinda bored now. Don´t wanna play any of my 5 million unfinished JRPGs even though Tales of Vesperia really deserves it...I think the next thing that comes out would be...3D Dot game heroes...looking forward to that :)

Also my little OxBlood look-a-like wrestler in SVR2010 keeps on losing because those fuckers in the career just keep countering everything I throw at them...

DougClayton4231 May 2nd, 2010 10:33 AM

Started FF13 and completely confused, Fight Night Round 4 is hilariously bad at times, and Condemned 2 is a shit-stain on mankind. Oh yeah, Assassin's Creed 2 is just as deplorable to play as the first. Ubisoft should really give up at this point. Their games are getting worse and worse and their PC DRM is a joke.

OxBlood May 2nd, 2010 10:41 AM

I really enjoyed Condemned 2. It was no way as scary or intense as the first one, of course. But it was just so much fun to beat all those crazy idiots to a pulp :)

I also really liked AC2, quite a lot more than the first one in terms of gameplay.

FF13...sold it really fast after finishing it...very forgettable mediocre game.

DougClayton4231 May 2nd, 2010 03:50 PM

The combat in Condemned 2 is just as horrible as the first. I hate it so much. It's like a retarded rock-paper-scissors.

AC1 and 2 are identical in terms of gameplay from what I've experienced. I got maybe 3 hours in and I'm giving up on it.

FF13's battle system is so dated and horrible. I mean, it's 2010 not 1997.

OxBlood May 2nd, 2010 04:21 PM

Condemned 2 had very nice brawls. The first one had horrible combat, that´s true...what´s wrong with RPS-concepts? All fighting games have that.

AC 2 get better later on at least that´s what I remember, it´s not as stupid as the first one.

FF13...well...the battle system is the ONLY thing remotely interesting about the whole game. I still want to punch the guy that wrote the story. THAT is something you can´t pull in the year 2010 anymore if you ask me.
Give me a piece of paper and one or two hours and I´ll give you something ten times better in terms of character-development and world design. God that game was boring.

Rent Nier, very good story and a normal Real time battle system. WAY better than FF13 and Nier is still just a high 70 to mid 80% title. I know, I know, different genre but still...

Sam May 2nd, 2010 04:38 PM

AC2 is SOOOO much better then the first one.

DougClayton4231 May 2nd, 2010 04:48 PM

AC2 is identical in 90% of cases. The combat is the same, the exploration is the same, even the story seems to be the same type of dribble from the first. The only differences I've seen are the customization and the stupid ass puzzles in between sequences. The whole switching in between italian and english is fucking stupid. The whole game should be in italian with subtitles. The only fun I've had is shanking random guards.

The combat in Condemned 2 is horrible, there is no fluidity and it feels clunky. I dunno I just don't enjoy the stiff controls.

Maybe some of these games will get better. In the mean time, I'm going to play some Punch Out on the wii.

OxBlood May 2nd, 2010 06:04 PM

It´s a good thing that tastes differ I guess ;)

Just ordered the Warhammer Invasion Cardgame, I didn´t notice it came out in german (no one would play it with me if it was english :D )

Oh, and I noticed that I never finished Dragon Age, the combat was just too boring I guess...

DougClayton4231 May 2nd, 2010 09:06 PM

You didn't miss anything. The ending of Dragon Age is a total let down. The good guys win, there are no downsides, Morrigan is still a bitch, blah blah blah.

darkvare May 2nd, 2010 11:19 PM

i was playing ssfiv online and i actually managed to pull the raging demon attack of akuma but got owned anyways

OxBlood May 3rd, 2010 05:15 AM

SF4 was the moment when I finally had to admit that I am getting old. Apparently I can´t keep up in twitch-reflexes anymore...I´m still fucking fast, but not fast enough...okay, it might have worked better if I had something other than the normal 360-Controller.

DougClayton4231 May 3rd, 2010 07:04 AM

lmao, I think they nerfed Akuma in SSF4. He doesn't rape nearly as hard. BTW 360 controller has the worst d-pad in existence. How is the PS3 one?

darkvare May 3rd, 2010 08:23 AM

i think what's killing me is the location of the joystick on the ps3 i use the joystick on every fighting game on 360 and hadn't have a problem

OxBlood May 3rd, 2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 683590)
BTW 360 controller has the worst d-pad in existence.

Zitiert für Wahrheit (QFT). That piece of shit is horrible. I would be more precise with a D-Pad made out of Yelly and Brains. Mhhh...brains.

MarioRPG May 3rd, 2010 10:07 AM

Playing Castlevania Dawn Of Sorrow. Lovin' it.

DougClayton4231 May 3rd, 2010 11:36 AM

lmao. I haven't played a Castlevania since Aria Of Sorrow. Is it good?

MarioRPG May 3rd, 2010 05:19 PM

Aria of Sorrow was the one that set the bar for me. And then I went and tried the other gameboy ones. Haha.
Dawn Of Sorrow is pretty good sequel wise. They updated the controls and some fundamentals (equipping, etc). I've only played two or so hours, but I'm impressed.

OxBlood May 3rd, 2010 06:19 PM

Order of Ecclesia is really good too. Kinda hard in the beginning and it doesn´t take place in the castle all the time but that´s nice too every now and then.

Guitar Woman May 3rd, 2010 10:11 PM

Deus Ex again.

It's sorta less poopy when you play through with maxed-out Rifle skills, but a heavily modded assault shotgun can one-shot pretty much anything from the other side of the map. Hilarious, but game breaking!

Now I'm playing through with the crossbow and melee weapons while trying to be ultra-sneaky. You have to run away a lot since tranquilizer darts take forever to actually knock someone out. :(