I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Jun 9th, 2010 02:27 PM

Well that's good, because I'm pretty sure you're building it for the final story mission, which obviously means one thing ;)

I think I might give Monster Hunter Tri a shot tonight. I was watching Gametrailers' review (their video reviews are fantastic) and supposedly it's not annoying like the PSP games or watered down with friend codes. Like, it has normal WiFi. So I'm kinda pumped to try it.

darkvare Jun 10th, 2010 10:10 AM

so mortal kombat is back i hope is good the 2d fighting is definitly a step in the right direction
http://kotaku.com/5560010/the-new-mo...pure-brutality

Dimnos Jun 10th, 2010 11:10 AM

http://wikipediagame.org/

LordSappington Jun 10th, 2010 11:22 AM

Beat Bioshock 2. Loved it. The level 3 plasmids were kinda all the same, though.

DougClayton4231 Jun 10th, 2010 03:17 PM

Beat Crysis and it's expansion just due to sheer curiosity. Man that game was a fucking drag. Bioshock 2 was the shit btw.

Esuohlim Jun 10th, 2010 03:28 PM

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2010 05:40 PM

Demon's Souls still. Beat World 2 and a bunch of other bosses.

This game is terrifyingly hard and gets exponentially harder, somehow. BTW, these dudes invading my game to get their souls back are faggots. >:

I'm just gonna stay in soul form from now on. I do more damage, anyway.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 10th, 2010 10:37 PM

So, I just unlocked the Peace Walker missions that take place in Monster Hunter. It's not every day you fire a homing rocket launcher at a flying wyvern and mow down a pack of raptors with a machine gun. Sadly, my advanced technology isn't doing me any good; I keep getting clobbered. You win this time, fireballs.

I went back to playing Trauma Team too. That's a rock-solid game, save for investigating, which just gets longer and more tedious as you progress. Endoscopy's a lot more fun than it should be.

OxBlood Jun 11th, 2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 688774)
Demon's Souls still. Beat World 2 and a bunch of other bosses.

This game is terrifyingly hard and gets exponentially harder, somehow. BTW, these dudes invading my game to get their souls back are faggots. >:

I'm just gonna stay in soul form from now on. I do more damage, anyway.

Do what I did. Go offline with your PS3, solves all your Bastard-Invader problems. They donīt want their bodies or souls back the really just want to piss you off, there really isnīt any other reason for that :lol

I terms of difficulty...meh, itīs not really that hard, you just gotta know what to do and which enemies to avoid at first...once you get to World 4-2, you can grind pretty easily if youīre interested in doing so.

Something that always helped me btw is this: While youīre playing Demon Souls, pretend that itīs Contra, you die in one hit, yeah, but itīs not that hard to play through Contra, once you know how to do it. Same thing with DS.

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2010 07:07 AM

Every hit counts. Which is why I'm not bothering to increase my HP and defense anymore, and upping my MP and the Endurance and Luck stats instead. My attack is woefully low, I think because I started with the Archer.

This game demands multiple playthroughs with many characters.

OxBlood Jun 11th, 2010 07:15 AM

It does indeed. I didn´t bother with my HP either, in the second+ playtrough, most things just onehit you anyway, no matter what kind of armor you´re wearing (they fucked the AR-Mechanic up by making armor absorb a specific damage-total instead of a percentage of damage, so they become obsolete rather quickly).
Also, magic helps A LOT in this game, you can exploit...I think 2 or 3 bosses by using the cloud-spells, defeated at least 2 later-game bosses that way, takes about 10-15mins of waiting in a corner but at least it´s 100% safe...at least it was, don´t know if they patched it out by now.

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2010 10:07 AM

I just died and lost 40,000+ souls after it took me ten minutes to whittle the Old Hero down to where it would have taken one more hit. The Thief Ring definitely helps against these dumb bosses.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 11th, 2010 02:36 PM

So I got a new desktop today. I've been using my laptop for 5 years now, and while it was capable, it barely ran TF2 and L4D and the like. Now my new machine's 12x better. And since TF2's crowded again because it came out on Mac, I decided I'd pick it back up again.

Holy hell, 24" of TF2 in 1080p...I can't go back to my laptop any more for games. And yes, I am always behind with computers and the like, but I'm broke, and this is the nicest thing I'll own for a long time :(

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2010 03:21 PM

I made built a new computer for about $200 and it runs pretty much everything beautifully. It's starting to get where some of the newer games are becoming harder to run, though.

DougClayton4231 Jun 11th, 2010 03:31 PM

Nice Pheonix, I just got a 24" 1080p monitor myself. I tried to play Oblivion yesterday but the horrible character creation and zillions of crashes made me uninstall lol. Does anyone know if the Witcher is good? I got a copy for free from newegg and I've never played it.

Dimnos Jun 11th, 2010 03:44 PM

From the few people who have actually played it I have heard nothing but good things.

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2010 03:44 PM

The Witcher, I'm told, is good.

I have it. But I hate the fantasy genre almost completely. Fantasy narratives are childish. But I'm told the Witcher's is exceptional. So, sure. Anything's worth a go if you already have it, man.

Dimnos Jun 11th, 2010 03:45 PM

Fathom. Did you ever get Red Dead?

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2010 03:55 PM

It's sitting in my 360 waiting for me to finish playing Demon's Souls. I beat the first story mission and helped Bonnie again. It's just not as good RIGHT AFTER BEATING IT THE FIRST TIME.

Give me a little bit. I dun even have a mic.

Dimnos Jun 11th, 2010 04:29 PM

Mics are not required.

k0k0 Jun 11th, 2010 04:34 PM

Been playing Gilligan's Island for the NES. Blah this game is totally shit. Trying to beat it so that I can turn it into a game called Chicken Sex Island.

Oh, and awesome avatar Esuohlim...I have the cheese tattoed on my arm. He is the best character in the show. He is better than the balogna and salami combined.

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 688885)
Mics are not required.

fine fgt

Add me. Raggamofyn.

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2010 04:43 PM

UGH. NOW THIS BLUE DRAGON IS FUCKING ME UP. THIS IS BULLSHIT.

bigtimecow Jun 11th, 2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 688183)
Love that game though. I'm still hoping for a HD remake.

Who are you using?

i've been switching back and forth between everyone so they all level up equally :( i always do this in RPGs but am never sure if it's what I should be doing. also, because of this i have to switch materia like every hour or two

i haven't played it like a week / haven't been on this board on a week, because i'm so fucking busy with work and crap. hopefully get back into it soon

darkvare Jun 11th, 2010 10:09 PM

i've been playing heretic hexen and having 6 player endless lobbies on super street fighter 4 is freaking fun specially with an active chat