I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Apr 18th, 2012 09:12 PM

THE KNOWLEDGABLE MAN OF GAMES - DYLAN AFLORD

Zomboid Apr 18th, 2012 09:27 PM

I took a look at Gamestop's most wanted list, and I think I'm gonna trade in Resident Evil: ORC, GTA 4, and Modern Warfare 2. I can't see myself playing any of those games again. What's reeeally dumb is that MW2 and RE are those stupid steel book editions. I need to stop getting those for games that I don't really care about--though, to be fair, RE's shittiness really took me by surprise.

darkvare Apr 18th, 2012 11:58 PM

send me your re game instead :P

Zomboid Apr 19th, 2012 12:09 AM

It even came with some stupid patches. DO I LOOK LIKE SOMEONE WHO SEWS PATCHES ONTO MY JACKETS? There was also some codes for guns and outfits, but I used those. Pretty useless, too, because there doesn't seem to be much difference between guns.

I'd maybe sent it to you in exchange for something of equal value. Say...one of your cities?

darkvare Apr 19th, 2012 12:29 AM

i would send them but they don't fit in the damn boxes also arent thosse patches suppossed to stick by ironing them the halo reach one did

Zomboid Apr 19th, 2012 01:18 AM

I don't know. I think I took them out of the bag once and they've been back in there ever since.

Esuohlim Apr 19th, 2012 01:22 AM

People just don't like GTA IV that much, do they. I can't think of another game I've been wanting to play so much for so long but don't have the means to do so, and it sucks to keep hearing how disappointing it was.

There are only so many times I can play San Andreas before wanting something new, and older GTAs really pale in comparison.

Mad Melvin Apr 19th, 2012 01:39 AM

I liked GTA4 and the two DLC's. The main game was maybe a bit too long and had a few boring missions, but it was still very enjoyable. I think the main thing people complain about is the fact that there is really not much to do in the game outside the missions, which is true, but I just played it for the story.

Esuohlim Apr 19th, 2012 02:13 AM

Outside of missions I just dick around stealing vehicles and starting fires. There's not much else to do anyway.

Zomboid Apr 19th, 2012 02:27 AM

It was really fun for a while, but I just have no desire to start playing it again--especially with GTA V on the horizon.

Dr. Boogie Apr 19th, 2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 757773)
though, to be fair, RE's shittiness really took me by surprise.

Really? They took a survival horror game and tried to make a squad-based shooter out of it. And anyone who played 5 can tell you the devs have trouble programing AI to do anything more than run and attack.

Zomboid Apr 19th, 2012 02:58 AM

It sounded a lot like Left 4 Dead, which I understand is pretty well-liked.

Dimnos Apr 19th, 2012 09:23 AM

I could never get into L4D. I bought both games and really tried to get into them but just couldn't for some reason. Strange as I'm the kind of guy who is into just about any game with zombies. Same story with the 2nd dead rising. :\

Still haven't fooled with that new RE as everyone here who played it said it mostly sucked.

MarioRPG Apr 19th, 2012 03:41 PM

I just finished TLoZ: Phantom Hourglass. It was ok, nothing spectacular. Made me want to play Wind Waker.

kahljorn Apr 19th, 2012 06:50 PM

dimnos did you play left4dead versus online?

id think you would like that

do you still play star wars

Dimnos Apr 19th, 2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 757833)
dimnos did you play left4dead versus online?

id think you would like that

do you still play star wars

Was versus a mode on the regular games? Or was it its own game? If it was just a mode on 1 or 2 then probably.

Star Wars? Like a mad man. Idk what anyone thinks. :posh

kahljorn Apr 20th, 2012 01:39 AM

man i had a subscription for 3 months and barely played :(

partly prolly cause my friends were all bitches and kept playing wow so they could fly their phoenix mmounts and shit

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 20th, 2012 01:49 AM

I miss playin l4d :(

Guitar Woman Apr 20th, 2012 04:19 AM

Red Dead Redemption is so awesome :D

I wish they'd given a better tutorial for the horse controls, though. I kept running people over and stuff because I didn't know how to break. I also rode my horse off a cliff, fell 60 or so feet, then got up and walked it off like a boss.

Also, are all current-gen console games just plain designed to look like shit on a normal TV? I can barely read any of the text and the stamina bar is so tiny that I didn't even realize it was there for a while and kept getting hurled off my horse like a tard.

Oh, and being drunk doesn't last long enough.

OxBlood Apr 20th, 2012 06:42 AM

Just finished Legend of Grimrock. Very very good game, even though I didn´t like the final encounter and I missed about 4 Million secrets...

darkvare Apr 20th, 2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 757868)
Red Dead Redemption is so awesome :D

I wish they'd given a better tutorial for the horse controls, though. I kept running people over and stuff because I didn't know how to break. I also rode my horse off a cliff, fell 60 or so feet, then got up and walked it off like a boss.

Also, are all current-gen console games just plain designed to look like shit on a normal TV? I can barely read any of the text and the stamina bar is so tiny that I didn't even realize it was there for a while and kept getting hurled off my horse like a tard.

Oh, and being drunk doesn't last long enough.

buy the zombie expansion

Mad Melvin Apr 20th, 2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 757874)
buy the zombie expansion

I hate that crap. I have it, but I have played maybe half of it. It's just the normal game, but you shoot zombies and you have very little bullets to do so. It's really annoying trying to hit every zombie in the head with a controller.

Esuohlim Apr 20th, 2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 757871)
Just finished Legend of Grimrock. Very very good game, even though I didnīt like the final encounter and I missed about 4 Million secrets...

OXBLOOD DIDN'T LIKE THE FINAL ENCOUNTER, FZ. Not playing

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 20th, 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 757880)
I hate that crap. I have it, but I have played maybe half of it. It's just the normal game, but you shoot zombies and you have very little bullets to do so. It's really annoying trying to hit every zombie in the head with a controller.

Just use the torch to kill them. I can kill a zombear with it.

Also, coolest part is getting the horses of apocalypse, especially WAR and riding through the night setting zombies ablaze while trampling them.

Fathom Zero Apr 20th, 2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 757881)
OXBLOOD DIDN'T LIKE THE FINAL ENCOUNTER, FZ. Not playing

FUCK YOU, I'M BETTER THAN GERMAN PEOPLE