I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

bigtimecow Jun 8th, 2008 10:56 PM

PBF sucks now because it hasn't been updated in months. and the book is pretty retarded because it contains only i think 3 new strips? all of which didn't make it otherwise... and it shows.

i'm playing curse of monkey island right now on my pc, and constantly looking online for new builds of scummvm for the wii so i can run it on there. i also just got this audio/video to usb thing so i can play my wii on my computer screen? or make videos, or both. some nerd action coming soon i am sure

Emu Jun 9th, 2008 03:30 PM

PBF hasn't been updated because the artist retired it.

bigtimecow Jun 9th, 2008 08:42 PM

oh damn, color me retarded

my bad :(

Fathom Zero Jun 9th, 2008 08:50 PM

Emu, you better be playing the fuck out of Persona 2 because I barely broke even when shipping was said and done.

Lobo Tommy Jun 9th, 2008 09:05 PM

I just bought an Intellivision off of eBay. So I'll be playing that.

pac-man Jun 9th, 2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobo Tommy (Post 560028)
I just bought an Intellivision off of eBay. So I'll be playing that.

Are you the patient type?

Adarg Jun 10th, 2008 08:30 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the 22nd time.

pac-man Jun 10th, 2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adarg (Post 560177)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the 22nd time.

Christ! Are you the patient type?

Adarg Jun 10th, 2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 560194)
Christ! Are you the patient type?

... what, you mean it's a long game? But yeah, I'm patient.

pac-man Jun 10th, 2008 09:30 AM

Once with Majora's Mask was enough for me.

Adarg Jun 10th, 2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 560198)
Once with Majora's Mask was enough for me.

*gasp*

Blasphemy! Once is never enough with a Zelda game! Except for the CD-i ones, which we don't talk about.

Esuohlim Jun 10th, 2008 01:35 PM

Especially since I would have to debate whether or not it's a meme reference and I'm not stingy with the infractions if you catch my drift new guy.

Also hopefully soon in this thread I can be all "MOTHER 3" :eek

Adarg Jun 10th, 2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 560235)
Especially since I would have to debate whether or not it's a meme reference

If you're talking to me, no. A meme reference was not my intent.

Emu Jun 10th, 2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 560020)
Emu, you better be playing the fuck out of Persona 2 because I barely broke even when shipping was said and done.

How much did it cost to ship it?

And yes I am playing it between bouts of Nocturne. I plan to devote full attention to it when I finish that.

Dimnos Jun 10th, 2008 05:03 PM

Did i hear something about a new earthbound or a revamped version of the old one or perhaps just a re-release on a new system? Or was i just dreaming? Anyone know?

Emu Jun 10th, 2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 560298)
Did i hear something about a new earthbound or a revamped version of the old one or perhaps just a re-release on a new system? Or was i just dreaming? Anyone know?

http://mother3.fobby.net/

MetalMilitia Jun 10th, 2008 07:35 PM

Mother 3 looks a lot like Runescape's gay little sister.

MetalMilitia Jun 10th, 2008 07:36 PM

...It's like guitar woman - the game.

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 560294)
How much did it cost to ship it?

And yes I am playing it between bouts of Nocturne. I plan to devote full attention to it when I finish that.

$22.50. Because my mom said she'd ship it for me. HAHAHAHA.

omgsmg Jun 10th, 2008 08:06 PM

pardon?

-BTC

Emu Jun 10th, 2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 560405)
$22.50. Because my mom said she'd ship it for me. HAHAHAHA.

She shipped it UPS. If you would've sent it US Mail it would've been like 4 dollars.

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2008 08:16 PM

I realize that. I thought that was what she would use. But I know her mind is failing her in her advanced age, and she did ship it, so I'm not too harsh about it.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

Guitar Woman Jun 11th, 2008 12:51 AM

So I played WoW today.

Do fans of this game know there's a free version called Fiesta that sucks slightly less?

Phoenix Gamma Jun 11th, 2008 03:07 AM

I picked up MGS3:Snake Eater for 5 bucks today. Never played it.

Sadly, I'm even worse at it than MGS1, 2, and 4. I couldn't make it past the first bridge for the life of me. Then I figured out how CQC works and had an easier time.

Emu Jun 11th, 2008 06:50 PM

There's a bee's nest you can knock down with your silenced gun that will scare the guards away.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 11th, 2008 08:26 PM

Well I'm a lot further now :P Though I saw the nests during the Ocelot duel and felt really clever for using them. I just talked to that Russian guy that told me to backtrack to the warehouse.

Question: Any time I'm approaching a soldier from behind, he magically turns around and sees me (unlike MGS1 and 2). I go slow, and those fuckers keep magically sensing me. I know I'm doing something wrong, because I rarely pull off CQC at all. How I do suck less? :(

Emu Jun 11th, 2008 09:20 PM

Use the D-pad to move instead of the control stick. I didn't figure that out til the end of the game. :\

Phoenix Gamma Jun 12th, 2008 02:54 AM

Well shit, I'd have never guessed to use that.

Also, holy fuck is The End scary. I thought I snuck up on the guy, but when I got to the spot, he had moved, and when I investigated, the prick shot me. He was asleep, too, so I have no idea how he magically moved in the time it took to climb up there.

Guitar Woman Jun 13th, 2008 10:49 PM

I've been plaing Halo Custom Edition online lately.

I don't care what anyone says, this game is SEX.

Although without voice communication, I'm having a really hard time strategizing with my teammates, especially when I have the flag and am desperately running in circles to get the attention of someone in a car that might possibly bring me to safety.

Not that that would help, the people who play this are probably idiots like every other online shooter ever. But anyway, this is a gigantic step up from any Source mods I've played so far and you all should download it so we can have a high larious battle.

omgsmg Jun 14th, 2008 01:27 AM

i just got lego indiana jones for the wii and it is very fun!

-BTC

Fathom Zero Jun 14th, 2008 01:30 AM

I haven't been playing anything lately. My brothers have finally broken/lost my last few games for the 360.

One of their buddies stole Grand Theft Auto and they snapped Halo 3 in half. However, this time without them has given me a greater appreciation for Shadowrun and I do unequivocally say that it is better than Halo 3.

I'm not buying any more games as long as I live in this house.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 14th, 2008 07:41 PM

I got a leaked copy of the Spore Creature Creator demo and have been playing around with that. After succumbing to my inner 8 year old and making a penis monster, I started to make some...interesting things. It's surprisingly easy to make shit without needing to read through a giant manual.

I wasn't going to download it, but after watching that video of Robin Williams making a monster of his own, I had to try it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TXEUiR1Xk

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 14th, 2008 08:08 PM

I think when I go home I'm going to make a Spore now.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 14th, 2008 10:03 PM

It's kinda difficult to deal with the spine. That's one thing I'm frustrated with. That, and the demo's lack of body parts means there's no wings. I didn't realize until I was nearly done creating Trogdor.

I think I'll make a human next. One thing I love is watching the creatures move around, because they look so convincing, yet so stupid. If they're fat, they'll jiggle when they move. One creature ended up being pretty top heavy, so he would almost fall over when he turned. I can't wait to see how a person would look.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2008 09:21 PM

I tried the jetpack brontosaurus game you put up, kind of fun. I tried walking with him and it made me think of the secret garden with the kid with the wheelchair. My bronto forgot how to use his legs for walking after having a jetpack for so long apparently.

ElPila666 Jun 16th, 2008 10:31 PM

Do you guys played Mugen? a was playing a 700 characters version it's named Mega Mugen Ultimate, i had added some hillarious characters, i wonder if you guys knows about a site where i can download more characters, becase i can't affort a nintendo wii yet, so this is the more close that i get to play something like smash brothers brawl :(

ElPila666 Jun 17th, 2008 12:18 AM

Rog have you got the Pickleman character for Mugen? that could be an awesome one for add

EisigerBiskuit Jun 17th, 2008 12:28 AM

Dungeon Keeper 2, Spore, and TF2. Thursday should be hilarious for TF2.

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2008 02:27 PM

Silent Hill!

Holy shit, this game is ridiculous. The dialogue is even more badly written and delivered than in Silent Hill 2, and now I know that everyone thinks SH2 is fantastic in the storytelling aspect because they were comparing it to the first one. I can't skip cutscenes, either, and for some reason pressing escape immediately kills the game, no questions asked, so I get to sit through Harry meeting Cybil again, which I am pretty sure is the most horrendous thing I've ever witnessed.

Also, the PC port removes the PSX grainyness from the graphics, but for some reason they didn't do anything with the character models, so everyone looks like they're made out of jell-o.

The atmosphere is really topnotchly brickshitting, though. I'm willing to forgive any game's absolutely tear-inducing cutscenes if it manages to make my heart race like crazy before I've even played it for 5 minutes.

I also still haven't been able to play 3 because my video card isn't hardcore enough, but that's looking better and better every second :<

Emu Jun 17th, 2008 03:10 PM

Have you been to the school yet? :eek

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2008 03:27 PM

no, I got to about the DOG HOUSE LEVIN ST. note and now I am calling it quits for a while because fuck this game :<

This is a really lazy port. It's basically the PSX .iso running on an emulator, except you can't assign what keys you want to the buttons on the virtual control pad, and the ones the all-knowing and wise programmer picked out are awful. It's also got a savestate feature, for fuck's sake. Although I forsee that being useful, because running around the town being able to only see 1 foot in front of my face is really tiring. This is one of those games where I just have to go "OK, DONE" every so often and quit on the spot, then pick it back up later when I forget that I hate it.

Most of my time in Silent Hill 2 was spent wishing I was playing Resident Evil instead. In a similar fashion, most of my time in this game is spent wishing I was playing Silent Hill 2.

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2008 03:28 PM

Get the map in the entrance hall. I didn't and it took me forever.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 17th, 2008 03:39 PM

Doom. I figured there would be people actually playing Deathmatches :(

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2008 03:47 PM

I'm going to be pretty disappointed when the DARE YOU part from the movie isn't in here.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 17th, 2008 05:09 PM

Yeah, it's an outrage that the programmers didn't retroactively insert that gem into the game.

WhiteRat Jun 17th, 2008 07:30 PM

I've been playing Bust-A-Move 2 for Saturn for the better part of the afternoon now. I never would of thought that aiming bobbles to pop other bubbles would be so fun!

EisigerBiskuit Jun 17th, 2008 07:54 PM

I forgot I had The Incredible Machine 1-3. BRB, making Lenny traps.

Adarg Jun 17th, 2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 561681)
Silent Hill!

Well, I'm glad someone mentioned it.

But yeah, like you said, ridiculously horrible dialouge/cutscenes, but oh-so-creepy overall game. Sadly, I sold it (along with my old PlayStation) a long time ago. Is there any way you could tell me of a good emulator for the PS, along with a good ROM of Silent Hill? It shall be appreciated.

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2008 09:04 PM

Fuck you! I talked about that for two whole pages of this thread, Dick.

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2008 01:04 AM

I just beat Dodongo's Cavern, dudes :x

I didn't play OoT nearly as much as I wanted to this week :(

MarioRPG Jun 18th, 2008 04:52 PM

Lego Indiana Jones.

bigtimecow Jun 19th, 2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 561989)
Lego Indiana Jones.

me too, and it's a crapload of fun. that and ff7

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 19th, 2008 03:07 AM

I think my fucking eyes are burnt out. I just went through 102 levels of the original gauntlet with my two friends. Never again

executioneer Jun 19th, 2008 05:34 AM

gemcraft

http://armorgames.com/play/1716/gemcraft

yeah it's a tower defense game, but it's REALLY FUN :(

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 03:42 PM

I would be playing TF2, but apparently to test my TENACITY valve wants to make me wait through a two hour update that hogs all of my bandwith.

Not happening!

Portal also steadfastly refuses to work. God damn you, Valve

MetalMilitia Jun 19th, 2008 04:59 PM

VALVE HOW DARE YOU CONSTANTLY IMPROVE YOUR GAMES

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 05:03 PM

While I'm at it HL2 Episode 1 is terrible

MetalMilitia Jun 19th, 2008 05:11 PM

You're terrible.

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 05:12 PM

Well you're a ******.

EisigerBiskuit Jun 19th, 2008 05:42 PM

Well ur a obelisk :rolleyes

Chojin Jun 19th, 2008 10:02 PM

to be fair, half-life 2 itself is pretty terrible.

liquidstatik Jun 20th, 2008 01:27 AM

earthbound, tryin to beat it before the mother 3 translation finishes :x

Guitar Woman Jun 20th, 2008 02:39 AM

Holy shit, my initial impression of Silent Hill has completely changed after the hospital, and this game is actually really well acted and interesting and great.

executioneer Jun 20th, 2008 05:08 AM

played halo 3 until it started getting tiresome (about 10 minutes!) thanks to the general awfulness of using a controller in a genre of game that basically requires mouse/keyboard

OxBlood Jun 20th, 2008 09:11 AM

I just finished Alone in the dark (360) so I guess, IŽll continue with Enchanted Arms.

bigtimecow Jun 20th, 2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 562333)
earthbound, tryin to beat it before the mother 3 translation finishes :x

:lol trust me, you're in no rush :lol

Angryhydralisk Jun 20th, 2008 11:18 AM

Fire Emblem on Hector Hard Mode.

It feels like an old Final Fantasy game, where you don't just play it, you struggle and suffer through it.

Remember when Final Fantasy games actually had difficulty?

Guitar Woman Jun 20th, 2008 12:13 PM

I saw "Reply 666" and hoped you had been playing something satanic

Phoenix Gamma Jun 20th, 2008 12:25 PM

Fire Emblem is gold. I'd stay up till the wee hours of the morning playing that game. I'm convinced that Hector is a demigod of sorts. A demigod with an axe bigger than a person. Jesus Christ.

I tried Etrian Odyssey 2 the other day. The first battle (two butterflies) wiped out 3/5 of my party in one attack. Once I learned that FOEs don't give EXP anymore, I deleted it off of my R4. I'm convinced you can't have fun in that game, you just endure it. I've got better things to do (like cry about how much I suck at EO2)

Emu Jun 20th, 2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 562336)
Holy shit, my initial impression of Silent Hill has completely changed after the hospital, and this game is actually really well acted and interesting and great.

is this sarcastic

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2008 01:09 PM

Mulling over whether to buy a PS3 or not.

'Tis a dangerous game.

Dr. Boogie Jun 20th, 2008 01:21 PM

Wait for it to get a library of good games comparable to the 360/Wii.

Guitar Woman Jun 20th, 2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 562370)
is this sarcastic

no, I feel like I'm in my own big budget horror movie

and I love it!

some of the cutscenes still seem really stiff, but I guess I've gotten used to it at this point

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 20th, 2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 562383)
no, I feel like I'm in my own big budget horror movie

and I love it!

some of the cutscenes still seem really stiff, but I guess I've gotten used to it at this point

Wait till you get to the sewers.....

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 562374)
Wait for it to get a library of good games comparable to the 360/Wii.

I know. I wanted to get Uncharted, Warhawk, UT3, and maybe a few games off of the PSN.

Metal Gear Solid 4 looks fun too, I guess.

MetalMilitia Jun 21st, 2008 05:04 PM

Just started Mass Effect on PC. Really like it so far, especially the conversation trees. It's probably the best implementation of conversations I've ever seen in a game. They've managed to cover just about everything you might want to say if you were in each situation. The voice acting and character animation really adds to the experience too.
The only problems I've had with the game so far are remembering all the character/race names and such and the planetary map not working, but that might just be down to my copy being a bit dodgy.

Still hoping that one day someone will do a modern warfare-based RPG but until then this should be a good time killer.

Lobo Tommy Jun 21st, 2008 05:07 PM

I'm playing Wario Land: Super Mario land 3 for the original game boy. Why? I don't know, fuck you.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 21st, 2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobo Tommy (Post 562570)
I'm playing Wario Land: Super Mario land 3 for the original game boy. Why? I don't know, fuck you.

That's a great game. Whenever a boss makes their entrance, pause the game, hit the buttons randomly, then unpause. It should unfreeze you during the boss' opening so you can get a bunch of free whoopin on them.

bigtimecow Jun 22nd, 2008 09:12 PM

just got rockband for the wii; it has 5 extra songs, a 20-song pack coming in a month, and i think DLC coming soon? either way, the new drumset is a big upgrade. not only is it white, but the drum pads register hits more easily (a major problem in the original drumsets) and the pedal is just easier to use / register hits.

and one of the extra 5 songs is rock rock rockaway beach :metal

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 12:24 AM

Wait, that wasn't on the original version?

That was like, the first screenshot they revealed. >:

bigtimecow Jun 23rd, 2008 10:12 AM

are you talking about DLC? it's in the ps3 and xbox 360 version, but not the ps2 version, which i previously had

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 10:13 AM

no, Rockaway Beach

bigtimecow Jun 23rd, 2008 10:15 AM

ohhh. as far as i know it's not in the other versions, at least ps2. but i know you can download it on the other versions

Ant10708 Jun 23rd, 2008 05:02 PM

GTA 4
RE 4
Call of Duty 4

I sense a pattern

bigtimecow Jun 23rd, 2008 06:43 PM

next comes mgs

WhiteRat Jun 23rd, 2008 06:46 PM

I finally received my old NES and SNES in the mail today thanks to my sister finding them in my parents basement. Sadly, the poor NES will do nothing but flash that stupid blue screen and the SNES doesn't even have an AC adapter.

Emu Jun 23rd, 2008 07:51 PM

The blue screen can be fixed with a pin adjustment. You need a small screwdriver or nail file or something flat you can slip under the pins and bend them up a little bit.

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 07:54 PM

guys, the last boss of Silent Hill is impossible

Unless there's some really simple and convoluted way to kill it, which I wouldn't not expect from this series

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 23rd, 2008 07:55 PM

Are you fighting Samael or Cheryl/Allessa? I beat both on my first try on normal mode. Fighting Samael on Hard was a different story.....

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 08:00 PM

Whatever this is. No, I can't see anything either.
Spoilers!

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 23rd, 2008 08:07 PM

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Jun 23rd, 2008 08:12 PM

Spoilers!

MetalMilitia Jun 23rd, 2008 08:35 PM

Just completed Mass Effect. It's one of the best games in terms of story, production values, design and uhh, "epicness" that I've ever played. I did it in about three sittings over three days and it feels like I've just watched a 30+ hour film. Can't wait to play it again and do a load more sub-quests.
Say, does anyone know - if you create a new character and start again do you get to keep all your stats (even items maybe)? It seems like you should but perhaps it would make the early parts of the game too easy.

Fathom Zero Jun 23rd, 2008 08:37 PM

It does, heh heh heh.

But if you're on a harder difficulty, it'll be harder. Obviously.

Running through the beginning of the game with all the Spectre class weapons is fun.

Karmapolice Jun 23rd, 2008 10:14 PM

Crysis multiplayer. Even my newly upgraded computer is struggling on this game :(

EisigerBiskuit Jun 24th, 2008 01:36 AM

Penumbra, but 1, dogs make my computer sweat, and 2, those dogs rip out your throat.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 24th, 2008 03:44 PM

Just got Final Fantasy Tactics A2. It's a little more fun this time around, but the story is even more bland. Naming my hero and clan obscenities can only add so much amusement before I want to get back to fighting.

bloc partyin' Jun 24th, 2008 04:45 PM

the legend of zelda: ocarina of time
...wish i was playing diablo 3.

Chojin Jun 24th, 2008 08:50 PM

mostly age of conan still, though i'm beginning to slow down as I'm tiring of typical MMO quests:

"GO FIND X AND REPORT BACK"
"GO KILL # MONSTERS OF TYPE Z AND REPORT BACK"

So I guess you could say that every MMO is just like GTA.

Guitar Woman Jun 24th, 2008 10:40 PM

You could, but you'd be wrong