I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: Saving Silverman (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701707)

MockBot Feb 24th, 2009 05:47 AM

Weekly Movie Review: Saving Silverman

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Saving Silverman.

Icculus Feb 24th, 2009 10:07 AM

K.G. also has a great little part in it.

pac-man Feb 24th, 2009 10:10 AM

I think my mom liked this movie.

stevetothepast Feb 24th, 2009 04:06 PM

This movie always got a bad rap for some reason, I found it very enjoyable. I wish I owned it. It makes me want to listen to Cherry cherry.

spidergremlin Feb 24th, 2009 06:09 PM

I saw this on TV one night. However, in Australia they advertised it as "Evil Woman".

HeroliciousDeBlanc Feb 24th, 2009 11:05 PM

"Which of course, has led to a serious increase in Wanking Off time."

"I'm chafing."

Pandajuice Feb 25th, 2009 06:26 PM

I'm not normally a fan of dumbass, shlock "comedies" that pollute Hollywood, but Saving Silverman was a great, fun movie that was what a comedy is supposed to be: funny. Jason Biggs is unremarkable, but Jack Black and Steve Zahn are brilliant throughout and even Amanda Peet does a great job being the crazy bitch. She even comes off as pretty sexy when seducing the boys with a burger, leading one to believe why Biggs' character would want to be with her so badly.

I really like this movie and I hate Hollywood comedies. See it!

Mockery Feb 25th, 2009 06:44 PM

Yeah Biggs is never a particularly interesting guy on the screen, but he pulls off the somewhat ignorant straight character in the movie fairly well. But yeah, Zahn, Black, Peet and of course Ermey are all hilarious in the flick.

Nick Feb 26th, 2009 01:20 AM

I would recommend this film. It's pretty rad.

berrypievision Feb 26th, 2009 05:11 PM

There are people who like this shit biscuit?

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 26th, 2009 08:17 PM

I really didn't want to like this movie when I saw it advertised but was surprised at how good it is. This movie introduced Steve Zahn to me and I've been a fan ever since.

neoboman Mar 1st, 2009 04:26 AM

This movie rules.

the Platinum Poppy Mar 4th, 2009 02:44 PM

In Sweden it was called something like "A devil as a girlfriend", so it took me some reading before I realized I had seen it. I remember being pleasantly surprised since I had watched it merely because there was nothing else to watch, and I didn't expect anything called "a devil as a girlfriend" to be particularly good.

Desert_Screams Jan 19th, 2010 07:41 PM

Yeah, not really a fan of mainstream studio comedy, either, but this cast is first-rate and it's a damn funny little movie. The characters played by Zahn and Black should have spun off into a sequel...they coulda traveled around offering wreck-a-wedding services to other shmucks around the country.