I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The new Mario Kart "Double Dash" game (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7438)

Mockery Nov 17th, 2003 01:26 PM

The new Mario Kart "Double Dash" game

I haven't played any demos for it or anything yet, have you? I have a gift card and I'm thinking of using it on this game when it comes out. Still, I'd like to try it out first and hear what people think of it before I buy it.

James Nov 17th, 2003 02:19 PM

I saw a video preview of it in action. Hard to believe how so many GC games look not much different than N64 ones. But then again, it's impossible to improve on the simplistic and cartoony graphical style of Mario. Anyway, it looked like a Mario Kart game, which I guess isn't a bad thing.

I imagine it'll be in a GC at a Toys R Us or Best Buy or something soon enough. I also imagine that just like everyone else, you can blindly purchase it and love the fuck out of it.

Protoclown Nov 17th, 2003 02:41 PM

Roger, Dave is getting the game today so you can always come over and see it for yourself to decide if you want to buy it or not.

Anonymous Nov 17th, 2003 02:58 PM

Yeah, if you don't mind putting up with that asshole, Dave.

Mockery Nov 17th, 2003 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Yeah, if you don't mind putting up with that asshole, Dave.

:lol

But seriously, I might come on over for that tonight Proto. Gimme a buzz when you get home.

Protoclown Nov 17th, 2003 04:25 PM

Oh, if only you knew, Boogie! If only you knew!

Actually it's Sarcastro. He's posted on the boards like twice.

AChimp Nov 17th, 2003 06:19 PM

Quote:

Gimme a buzz when you get home.
I KNEW IT!!!

Mike P Nov 17th, 2003 07:38 PM

I heard that you can't play as Toad, therefore my enjoyment of the game is drastically decreased... I like Toad.

whoreable Nov 17th, 2003 09:04 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/dri...sh/review.html

Nerd Nov 17th, 2003 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P
I heard that you can't play as Toad, therefore my enjoyment of the game is drastically decreased... I like Toad.

...And yet you can play as Birdo, Waluigi, and all those all charecters no one cares about. Not to mention Baby Mario and Baby Bowser. They alone will prolly be enough for me not to buy this game.

Krythor Nov 18th, 2003 02:48 AM

Toad is unlockable, fools.

Mike P Nov 18th, 2003 03:06 AM

You have saved the day, Krythor. You have saved the day.

the_dudefather Nov 18th, 2003 10:33 AM

****SPOILERS*******

toad is unlockable, so are the original style mario karts and a new character....i cant bear to say it.....toadette

My flat-mate got the game, and its not brillient. at least not snes mario kart brillient. 4 player racing is a blast.

Anonymous Nov 18th, 2003 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dudefather
toad is unlockable, so are the original style mario karts and a new character....i cant bear to say it.....toadette

Toadette? I thought Toad was a girl?

Cap'n Crunch Nov 18th, 2003 02:01 PM

It looked pretty good. I was going to buy it, but I winded up getting a huge arcade controller that you can use for each system. I might go out today and rent it. I could steal the pin code too and get that Zelda comp too.

pjalne Nov 18th, 2003 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dudefather

Toadette? I thought Toad was a girl?

I'm just going to assume you've masturbated to him.

EverythingWillSuck Nov 18th, 2003 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerd
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P

...And yet you can play as Birdo,

fucking awesome.

I had it pre-d and I heard it came in today, might be picking it up tonight.

Esuohlim Nov 18th, 2003 07:55 PM

I'm renting this first. :(

I'm flat broke from buying seven TV DVD sets in the last month and a half. :(

Mike P Nov 18th, 2003 09:41 PM

Toadette? Toadette? You have got to be fucking kidding me. Not every goddamned character needs a female version of it! Ugh... if I hadn't just played through and reviewed the awful Taiwanese game, "Little Red Hood", I would so totally have a really long rant about this. But I'm tired.

Drev Nov 18th, 2003 10:17 PM

Up next: Birdo with a penis

Skulhedface Nov 18th, 2003 10:45 PM

No, you fool.

Mariette. :O

Mike P Nov 18th, 2003 11:04 PM

I'm guessing Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Wario, Baby Waluigi, girlfriends for Wario and Waluigi, some completely new characters no one gives a fuck about, and the return of Tatanga (Super Mario Land) are coming soon.

If any of those ever happen, by the way, I am so going to set fire to Nintendo of America. It won't stop a damn thing, but I like setting fire to things. God damned Nintendo, thinking everybody needs a significant other. Why don't they worry about their fanbase, a good 9/10 of which don't have girlfriends. Bastards, alienating their fanbase...

NINTENDO THE MATCHMAKER:
Mario and Peach
Luigi and Daisy
Yoshi and Birdo
Toad and Toadette (DIE)

Mockery Nov 19th, 2003 12:28 AM

The character I always liked best in the original mario kart was Koopa. He was tops.

Schimid Nov 19th, 2003 12:37 AM

I heard they're going to bring back King Wart and Mouser for the next Mario Tennis.

Skulhedface Nov 19th, 2003 12:37 AM

Agreed. Then they had to replace him with god damn Wario.

Next Installment of Mario Kart: The return of the Koopa Kids, plus their girlfriends and the 50 Koopa Grandkids :(