I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   South Park Season 8 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10191)

crash0814 Mar 17th, 2004 10:32 PM

South Park Season 8

That episode was disgusting. In other words, a classic! Wonderful satire at the end there, too.

pissed off salesman Mar 17th, 2004 10:54 PM

I winced every time they showed butters with kenny's star stuck in his head.

phnompehn Mar 17th, 2004 11:49 PM

Protect my balls.

executioneer Mar 18th, 2004 01:20 PM

that was a good episode :(

-willie

EverythingWillSuck Mar 18th, 2004 02:41 PM

I missed it :(

timrpgland Mar 18th, 2004 03:03 PM

It was great. I almost missed it and I never miss a new episode (record em). Luckily Comedy Central has a encore of the late shows a couple hours after so I caught it at 11pm.

Cartman is the best.

"Onchi Go Chi Ahya.. protect my balls"

Esuohlim Mar 18th, 2004 03:33 PM

I'm sorry, but the fact that most of it was faggy Anime is a good reason why I hated it. I only laughed three times too. :(

Rongi Mar 18th, 2004 03:37 PM

It was a parody of faggy anime, stupid >:

That's like hating SpaceBalls because you don't like Star Wars >:

Krythor Mar 18th, 2004 05:04 PM

Did anybody else think that if matt and trey had just swallowed their pride and killed kenny in that episode the ending would have been alot more effective?

Sam Mar 18th, 2004 05:06 PM

No.

Krythor Mar 18th, 2004 05:10 PM

Then you need a severe beating.

Esuohlim Mar 18th, 2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi
It was a parody of faggy anime, stupid >:

I know, but watching actual anime makes me bored, and this gave the same effect. It wasn't supposed to give the same effect. >:

I don't like it not because I hate anime and therefore I hate anything remotely similar, it's just that it didn't have a South Park feel to it.

I don't know... :(

I did crack up though when Anime Kenny threw the ninja star at Anime Butters, and then they cut to real Butters and it actually happened. :(

Rongi Mar 18th, 2004 07:46 PM

I guess I understand what you mean, in a sense. It wasn't like a regular, vulgar episode of south park, but it relied more on parody.

I laughed when the doctor thought butters was actually a dog :(

executioneer Mar 18th, 2004 08:50 PM

i knew it was going to happen :hat

-willie

EverythingWillSuck Mar 19th, 2004 12:58 AM

I use the power to turn butters into a CHICKEN! :(

executioneer Mar 19th, 2004 01:01 AM

no he turned KYLE into a chicken :o

-willie

EverythingWillSuck Mar 19th, 2004 01:29 AM

lol silly me ;o

Dr. V Mar 19th, 2004 05:14 AM

Yes yes, a very good episode. A soild opening to what I hope will be a great season. I liked the song durring the fight scenes, and the huge man bodies with the little kid voices.

huond Mar 19th, 2004 08:49 AM

My brother ruined that song for me because he is a superanimefaggot © and he took a course in japanese at community college so he was all like :eek THATS ACTUALLY THE RIGHT JAPANESE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN!:eek

>:>:>:>:>:>:

timrpgland Mar 19th, 2004 01:34 PM

Even with the anime style it was still South Park and still the great humor. I thought it was hilarious. Cartman's character was great. Whining and HA HA HA HE HA HAing at Kyle while being a buff ninja.

Another great part that was insanely simple was just when Chef came for that brief period. The music while he walks up to them in anime style.... "Hey children" blabbers and walks away in dramatic fasion. Too good. Isaac had to make at least one appearance in the season opener.

Esuohlim Mar 19th, 2004 05:17 PM

Now I feel like a dumbass for being the only person that didn't like it. >:

Goddamnit. >:

Jixby Phillips Mar 19th, 2004 07:19 PM

I agree with milhouse! It was just an average episode, really.

What seperates a great show from a good show is that a good show will often have episodes that aren't really anything special, but you enjoy sitting through it if you aren't expecting a lot. Episodes like this epotomize this idea, and that's what makes South Park a good show instead of a great show.

Cap'n Crunch Mar 19th, 2004 07:44 PM

I couldn't stop laughing when Cartman was walking naked on the stage for like 5 minutes. :(

Dr. V Mar 19th, 2004 09:18 PM

Lets not forget Kyle's Jew blood that wont let him throw his numbchucks away.

Drev Mar 19th, 2004 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huond
My brother ruined that song for me because he is a superanimefaggot © and he took a course in japanese at community college so he was all like :eek THATS ACTUALLY THE RIGHT JAPANESE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN!:eek

>:>:>:>:>:>:

Well then tell anime-jerk to translate it for us! >: