I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

k0k0 Aug 3rd, 2011 06:11 PM

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is supposedly only about four hours long, but they're a really fun 4 hours. (according to an IGN review) I'll probably buy it soon since 15 bucks is about the cost to see a movie these days and most movies don't last 4 hours and not many are very good.

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 735349)
Finished 2 Stories in Samurai Heroes...

The first one? :confused:

Related note... Did someone here say they played Dynasty Warriors 7 and that it was actually good? Or am I making shit up?

Sam Aug 3rd, 2011 09:49 PM

I think 10k Volts played it.

darkvare Aug 3rd, 2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 735362)
The first one? :confused:

Related note... Did someone here say they played Dynasty Warriors 7 and that it was actually good? Or am I making shit up?

he said sengoku basara or something was better than dinasty warriors

OxBlood Aug 4th, 2011 01:12 AM

I havent played DW7 but I can vouch for Samurai Heroes' awesomeness ;)

...but I don't know if this is the first or second one, it's a PS3 game but I think it's out on the Wii too.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 07:35 AM

That Fist of the North Star game they put out last year was awful.

darkvare Aug 4th, 2011 12:27 PM

samurai heroes is from capcom not koei also koei is releasing a game based on saint seiya
and yes its kinda like dynasty warriors

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 01:04 PM

I just started to stream the steam version of Psychonauts. It's such a fantastic game.

Dr. Boogie Aug 4th, 2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735409)
That Fist of the North Star game they put out last year was awful.

Awful entertaining.

And Samurai Heroes was at least called the third game in the series, but I think there were more than two that came before it.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 01:23 PM

You liked it? I liked the story mode, but the Kenshiro game play was so slow compared to what I thought it was going to be. I did think Jagi was really great in the other modes.

darkvare Aug 4th, 2011 01:59 PM

where do you stream your games nick?

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 02:07 PM

I'm a streamer at Vidya2.

Dr. Boogie Aug 4th, 2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 735443)
You liked it? I liked the story mode, but the Kenshiro game play was so slow compared to what I thought it was going to be. I did think Jagi was really great in the other modes.

He wasn't as fast as I thought he'd be, but he gets faster as you level up, and I thought it lent more weight to his hits and made you think about things a little more strategically (as much as you can in a DW game, that is). Jagi was the best, though.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 03:14 PM

I never made it too far into story mode as Kenshiro, I should probably give it another chance. I was trying to run it through hard mode from the very get go.

Wouldn't minde seeing a more story driven Fist of the North Star game, freaking love that series.

k0k0 Aug 4th, 2011 08:51 PM

The only game with Heroes in the title I want to play is the new Guardian Heroes HD Remake on xbox live. The HD sprites don't look too hot, but the ability to use the old school mode is what saves it. Can't wait to beat it on all endings and get all characters for the versus mode unlocked again.

Nick Aug 4th, 2011 08:56 PM

Have any of you played those Dynasty Warrior Gundam titles they put out? I was thinking of picking one up, but I'm not so sure it'd be worth it.

Dr. Boogie Aug 4th, 2011 10:53 PM

I've played both of the ones that are out so far.

I would get the second one simply because they follow the DW line of adding things to each successive title. More gundams, new enemies, etc.

I don't know, what are you looking for in those games for it to be worth it?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 5th, 2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 735437)
Awful entertaining.

And Samurai Heroes was at least called the third game in the series, but I think there were more than two that came before it.

Can't wait for Samurai Heroes. I'm still upset Samurai Warriors 3 only came out for the Wii.

edit: Dammit, its already out and only on wii/ps3

>: >: >:

Dr. Boogie Aug 5th, 2011 12:31 AM

Yeah man, what did you think we were talking about?

Dimnos Aug 5th, 2011 02:17 AM

Wait. I was thinking of Samurai Warriors. WTF is Samurai Heroes?

Dr. Boogie Aug 5th, 2011 04:12 AM

OxBlood Aug 5th, 2011 04:31 AM

Yep, thatīs the one. Started Saicaīs Campaign a while ago. She plays really well, great against mobs but not that great against bosses. Then again, Iīm only level 39 with her so I donīt even have the second superattack...her first one sucks quite a bit (some Rocket Launcher that takes forever to ready and fire).

And again, the US-Cover is different from ours...

k0k0 Aug 5th, 2011 05:54 AM

This thread got me playing Way of the Samurai 3 again. I really hope they bring 4 to the xbox in the US.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 5th, 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 735558)
Yeah man, what did you think we were talking about?

I skimmed, got real excited and looked it up. Then saw it was for wiips3 and was disappointed again.

Nick Aug 5th, 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 735662)
This thread got me playing Way of the Samurai 3 again. I really hope they bring 4 to the xbox in the US.

That game was really enjoyable. I thought it was going to be a bit more next-gen when I preordered it, but I was fine with the classic gameplay after I got used to it.