I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I miss fighting games (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702513)

Hangie Jun 25th, 2009 09:58 PM

I miss fighting games

I don't know why but it seems like no good fighting games come out any more. I like fighting games, stuff by Namco especially. I think my lack of good fighting game playing time is due to masturbation and lack of a console other than the wii. I mean I missed the new soul calibur and street fighter and all that shit.

However masturbation is nice.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 25th, 2009 10:09 PM

What?! This year is probably the best year for fighting games.

-Street Fighter IV kicks ass
-BlazBlue comes out on Tuesday and looks awesomee
-King of Fighters XII looks really pretty and just as badass at it's always been
-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is coming to the States with new characters
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is coming out on 360 and PS3
-Dissidia is coming out in August (not a traditional fighter, but still really fun. Been playing the import a lot)
-Marvel vs. DC came out last year
-Tekken 6 is coming out this summer I think
-Samurai Showdown Anthology came out on a bunch of systems, and a new one is coming out this year

And ontop of that, there are tons of other niche fighters. This is a great time to be a fan of fighting games.

Hangie Jun 25th, 2009 10:13 PM

Like I said, I only have a wii, so most of those titles are unavailable to me. WHICH SUCKS BECAUSE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 IS THE BEST GAME EVER!

Phoenix Gamma Jun 25th, 2009 10:20 PM

Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus is out on Wii, as are the Samurai Showdown games. And you get TvC, which is actually a lot of fun. Don't forget Virtual Console either.

Other than that, yea, most of the good fighters are on the other consoles, but most gamers these days have more than one console, so I don't know what to say.

Hangie Jun 25th, 2009 10:22 PM

My parent won't buy me one :(.

I should get a job, but I wan't to make sure I get good grades first.

LordSappington Jun 25th, 2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangie (Post 635353)
I should get a job, but I wan't to make sure I get good grades first.

Good luck with that.

Dimnos Jun 26th, 2009 01:39 AM

They need to do a new DoA. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 26th, 2009 09:12 AM

They need a new Bloody Roar.

Dimnos Jun 26th, 2009 10:04 AM

That too would be sweet.

LordSappington Jun 26th, 2009 10:24 AM

Man, if there's a bad thing about video games, it's that I always get made fun of because I play better with the girl characters, every time. Come on, they're faster and more responsive!

Nick Jun 26th, 2009 11:05 AM

I sure don't miss fighting games.

Angryhydralisk Jun 26th, 2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangie (Post 635350)
Like I said, I only have a wii, so most of those titles are unavailable to me. WHICH SUCKS BECAUSE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 IS THE BEST GAME EVER!

Well, that's what happens when you buy a Wii. You get it for Smash Bros, Punch-out, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. then hang yourself because you realize there aren't any other good games on it.

Hangie Jun 26th, 2009 12:54 PM

How did you know I bought Brawl twice?

Also I agree that I shouldn't have gotten a wii, but I might as well enjoy it while I have it. And theres no way I'm going to be able to sell to someone I know. Since I live in a rich suburb of MA, everyone already has all three except for me.

Which reminds me that I bought my wii in Georgia so I could play it with my cousins, and while at the store there was some dude who looked EXACTLY like RoG except he had brown hair.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 26th, 2009 01:35 PM

Twilight Princess was good for the Wii.....

I wanted to try that Castlevania fighting game for the Wii but I heard it was terrible.

Dimnos Jun 26th, 2009 02:14 PM

The Metroid games on Wii are supposed to be good as well. I wanted to try the Castlevania fighting game as we even though I had heard it was terrible. Sometime a fighting game can be so terrible its kinda fun. Sometimes.

Dimnos Jun 26th, 2009 02:23 PM

:hypno :hypno :hypno

stevetothepast Jun 27th, 2009 01:06 PM

yeah that turtles game looks really good.

LordSappington Jun 27th, 2009 01:50 PM

I'm not gonna lie; I hate TMNT, after all the twelve year-old girls whored it up in the last few years.

Ant10708 Jun 27th, 2009 02:11 PM

You should never let the moronic masses ruin things you like.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 27th, 2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 635563)
I'm not gonna lie; I hate TMNT, after all the twelve year-old girls whored it up in the last few years.

:lol I think I missed this happening.

LordSappington Jun 27th, 2009 07:28 PM

What, you haven't passed by a Hot Topic at the mall the last year? They've always got a bunch of shitty TMNT shirts, wristbands, whatever, in there.
EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, at the last rave I went to, Next Level, every 14-17 year-old girl I saw had SOME TMNT stuff on.

Tadao Jun 27th, 2009 07:32 PM

Do you not like girls?

LordSappington Jun 27th, 2009 09:24 PM

I don't like girls who devote their existence to the latest fad.

Mockery Jun 28th, 2009 12:17 AM

I miss the classic style side-scrolling beat-em-up games like Final Fight and Streets of Rage. I don't know why, but to me it's always been the perfect genre to me. Wish more companies were doing stuff like that... but at least we've got The Behemoth with games like Castle Crashers.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 28th, 2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 635599)
I don't like girls who devote their existence to the latest fad.

So you don't like girls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
I miss the classic style side-scrolling beat-em-up games like Final Fight and Streets of Rage. I don't know why, but to me it's always been the perfect genre to me. Wish more companies were doing stuff like that... but at least we've got The Behemoth with games like Castle Crashers.

Totally. Turtles in Time was pure, unadulterated beat-em-up awesomeness.