I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 03:57 PM

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 03:57 PM

I'm starting to feel the same way about South Park now, but for an opposite reason. For about two or three years now I've had a "OK that was a good episode and all but I don't think I'll have the desire to see it ever again" feeling about South Park. This season so far though it's been "OK that sucked and I don't want to see it ever again" :(

South Park's becoming a real snooze as of late :(

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:00 PM

south park always sucked too, though :(

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:00 PM

dude i think i just hate tv idk

MetalMilitia Apr 15th, 2008 04:02 PM

Southpark is also very much like the Simpsons in that they've made so many episodes it's inevitably going to start sucking eventually.

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 04:03 PM

Are we even in the target audience for The Simpsons? Also, maybe South Park, but that one is a stretch.

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 549289)
dude i think i just hate tv idk

Yeah TV sucks >:

Since Arrested Development got cancelled I haven't found a single show that I'm eager to regularly watch. A friend of mine got me into Lost recently when we rented the first season but I hear even that's already starting to get gay

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:06 PM

I can't stand lost, my friends been watchin it online alot. It's the most boring, uneventful show i've ever seen. :(

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 04:07 PM

Lost only starting to get gay? HA!

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 549291)
Are we even in the target audience for The Simpsons? Also, maybe South Park, but that one is a stretch.

I think Simpsons used to be targetted for the 18-34 demographic. I cant imagine it still being that way though :(

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 549294)
Lost only starting to get gay? HA!

OK well I like it at least, more because of the characterization than the magical-spooky-island part of it. :(

I need to find a new good show to like. I'm considering starting up on the X-files :x

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:10 PM

I still watch SP religiously but it's seriously starting to get old. That and ATHF

but ill watch anything so what do i know

MetalMilitia Apr 15th, 2008 04:11 PM

The problem with Lost is there isn't an ending (I read they're planing 12 seasons), or rather anything which happens in the current episodes will likely have no bearing any the show's conclusion. It's also annoying to me how they're always attaching significance to stupid things; each episode is basically just a string of random events set to a discordant cello soundtrack to make people say "OHHH THIS IS SO MYSTERIOUS I WONDER WHAT THE REAL STORY IS" when the joke is there probably isn't one. If you look back at the previous major plot twists almost none of them have any significance.

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 549298)
(I read they're planing 12 seasons)

I hope not >:

MetalMilitia Apr 15th, 2008 04:14 PM

If people keep watching I'd be willing to bet it'll go on a good deal longer than that.

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:15 PM

everything you said was right, though. but you forgot that IT'S INCREDIBLY BORING AND ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE WUSSES BEYOND BELIEF

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:16 PM

Isn't it one of the most popular shows on right now?

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:16 PM

yeah people are dumb

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:18 PM

i dont see how they're gona stretch that mundane shit for 12 whole seasons

did walt ever find his kid or whatever and did they eat the fat guy to survive is all i wanna know

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 549296)
OK well I like it at least, more because of the characterization than the magical-spooky-island part of it. :(

I need to find a new good show to like. I'm considering starting up on the X-files :x

you should watch House M.D. if you havent already its a pretty good show

becker too

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:22 PM

last thing i saw was they had the baby again and they are all WE GOTTA START AN ARMY to defeat the bad guys.

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:22 PM

How come none of the girls get naked is what I want to know >:

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:23 PM

I haven't seen house in like a year, but it IS pretty good :O

MetalMilitia Apr 15th, 2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force (Post 549305)
i dont see how they're gona stretch that mundane shit for 12 whole seasons

That's the thing though. Because there is very little in the way of actual plot development they can keep going forever with stupid back-stories and sub-plots that supposedly "cleverly" link the characters together, which is fine... except for none of the relationships ever actually advance the major plot so it ends up being an exercise in pointlessness.

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force (Post 549306)
you should watch House M.D. if you havent already its a pretty good show

Every episode of House follows the same formula. MYSTERIOUS ILLNESS > FAILED ATTEMPT #1/WRONG DIAGNOSIS > BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD > FAILED ATTEMPT #2/WRONG DIAGNOSIS > BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD > "WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME" > SUDDEN EPIPHANY IN THE LAST 8 MINUTES OF THE SHOW > SUCCESS, HOUSE YOU'RE A GENIUS