I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Need Webgame Testers (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702025)

MetalMilitia Apr 10th, 2009 10:59 AM

Need Webgame Testers

That's right achimp I made a web-game. It's WW2 themed and is influenced heavily by Company of Heroes so if you like that you may possibly enjoy this too.

The basic premise is that you gain resources over time and can spend them on units and weapons. Once you feel you have enough units you can move out of your home country and attempt to kick other players out of the other countries.
Each team scores points depending on how many countries they control so the aim of the game is to keep control of as many countries as possible for your team. I'd be very interested to hear any feedback or suggestions anyone can offer:

http://warnet.dnsdojo.com/WarNet/Proj/

Thanks

WhiteRat Apr 10th, 2009 11:12 AM

Nice work, but unless you include Japs or Yanks, I'll be passing on this.

MattJack Apr 10th, 2009 11:35 AM

It won't let me login. Keeps saying login failed :(

Guitar Woman Apr 10th, 2009 11:58 AM

Hey, a World War 2 Real Time Strategy game?

That totally sounds like a completely interesting way to make my penis bigger!

MattJack Apr 10th, 2009 12:30 PM

MetalMilitia Apr 10th, 2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 623950)
It won't let me login. Keeps saying login failed :(

When you registered did it confirm that it had worked? Because you do not have an account in the database. I did a whole load of changes to the authentication system yesterday so I'm really hope I haven't broken it. :(

MattJack Apr 10th, 2009 12:33 PM

I guess my browser fucked up or something. I just registered again and it looks good now!

MetalMilitia Apr 10th, 2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 623951)
Hey, a World War 2 Real Time Strategy game?

That totally sounds like a completely interesting way to make my penis bigger!

Uh oh, Guitar Woman - the pretentious aspie faggot that criticises anything she doesn't understand - has spoken. May as well just shut this whole thing down and start again. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time!

MattJack Apr 10th, 2009 01:44 PM

Need more Germans :lol

Guitar Woman Apr 10th, 2009 01:46 PM

How could I be expected to wrap my mind around the concept of building a million units and then clicking on the "kill everything" button

Clearly, StarCraft is the passtime of gods

MattJack Apr 10th, 2009 01:54 PM

Dude we all know that WWII style games aren't your thing, so not exactly a news flash. MM created a game and is simply asking for testers for Christ's sake. Go in the thread that was meant for bitch*ng and moaning about video games because that's what it's there for.

Try it or don't, but please just shut the fuc* up in this thread.

Sam Apr 10th, 2009 02:19 PM

If this game was about collecting resources to make clove cigarettes and My Chemical Romance cds Guitar Woman would be all over this. :rolleyes

MetalMilitia Apr 10th, 2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 623982)
Need more Germans :lol

Good point. I've added a little message to the registration page that informs new users which team has the fewest players which should hopefully encourage new people to keep the teams balanced.

Tadao Apr 10th, 2009 02:59 PM

Lol I signed up for Germans because I knew no one wanted to.

MattJack Apr 10th, 2009 03:02 PM

I would have went Germans if I had known before. It is something like 6 v 1 :lol

Tadao Apr 10th, 2009 03:17 PM

I found a bug that lets me get the best weapon right away.

MetalMilitia Apr 10th, 2009 03:17 PM

One thing - this is actually hosted here:

So it may be a a little slow at times. Truth is I have no idea how well this rubbish server will cope with any number of users but that's all part of the test so just give me a shout if it's retardedly slow as I'd be interested to know.

Also feel free to tell me if anything confusing/counter-intuitive/rubbish as the site is still very much in development and some parts may need work.

MetalMilitia Apr 10th, 2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 624009)
I found a bug that lets me get the best weapon right away.

Is it showing your munition as 100 from the get-go? I think I've broken something.

Ah crap no I see what's going on. Thanks for the heads-up.

Fixed now.

Tadao Apr 10th, 2009 03:26 PM

lol

Dr. Boogie Apr 10th, 2009 03:39 PM

Internet Explorer:

I'm seeing in some of the text fields that letters like p and j get cut off a little when they're on the bottom line.

Also on the Manage Company page, "resources" and "requisitions" are misspelled. I checked dictionary.com to see if it was some bizarre british spelling, but they said no.

MetalMilitia Apr 10th, 2009 03:43 PM

Haha, fuck. I can't believe I didn't check I spelt that right. It's going to be a bitch to change requisitions as it's used in loads of functions and shit. :tear

Btw, when you post a bug could you tell me your browser also, cheers.

Zomboid Apr 10th, 2009 03:48 PM

There should be a little "click to close" button or something for pop-up windows. Like in the war room or whatever it's called.

Tadao Apr 10th, 2009 03:54 PM

I've got a German in Firefox, IE, and Opera now.

MetalMilitia Apr 10th, 2009 03:56 PM

With the overlays (message/attack etc) you can just click anywhere outside of the main bit and it will close. Are those the things you mean?

I think you're right though as most people would probably expect a close button.

MattJack Apr 10th, 2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 624022)
With the overlays (message/attack etc) you can just click anywhere outside of the main bit and it will close. Are those the things you mean?

I think you're right though as most people would probably expect a close button.

Yeah at first I was like wtf how do you close this shit. It wasn't hard to figure out, but it would be nice to have an X