I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Aug 29th, 2010 12:54 PM

Beat Deathsmiles MEGA BRACK RABEL 1.1 mode. Hellaciously hard and I used no less than 15 continues through the whole thing. Imma have fun gettin' good at this game, bros.

Sam Aug 29th, 2010 02:41 PM

YEAH KING, HAVE FUN WITH YOUR ANIME CHILD RAPE GAME. :rolleyes

You sick fucker.

Fathom Zero Aug 29th, 2010 02:44 PM

Go eat a dick, cap'n.

DougClayton4231 Aug 29th, 2010 03:36 PM

@ Oxblood, The Silent Hill game on the Wii? I loved that one, it was pretty trippy.

I swear to god I hate Team Ninja. Other M is by far the worst Metroid game period. Even the second one on Gameboy was much better.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 29th, 2010 06:26 PM

You realize Sakamoto, directior of every Metroid after the second one and the Prime games, directed this, right? Team Ninja only did the technical stuff cause that guy's division never made a 3D game before. If you really wanna blame someone, it's that dude, Team Ninja just followed his specifications.

And it's not worse than Metroid II. Have you played it recently? It's like Metroid I except boring dull and repetitive. It's a manila envelope reincarnated as a Game Boy game. Other M at least has merits.

DougClayton4231 Aug 29th, 2010 07:53 PM

I actually enjoyed the second Metroid. Sakamoto might want to reconsider for his next Metroid, the forced first person segments are by far the worst part of this game's design. I can get over some of the retarded design choices, but not that one. This is the only Metroid that I can honestly say that I hate with a passion. I spent 20 minutes dying over and over until I found out that instead of fighting the monsters that are trying to KILL ME, I was supposed to focus in on the woman in the back of the room at the end. Hopefully the next one won't be a disappointing, short, annoying piece of shit like this one. If it wasn't Metroid, people would be shitting all over it. It's the truth. If any other random franchise popped up with the same exact gameplay as this, reviewers would give it a much lower score.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 29th, 2010 08:10 PM

Yea, I had to ask someone about that on GameFAQs cause there's no guide yet. Then a mod deleted it and warned me for illegal content. Now I remember why I hate that place...

And I dunno...if you read a lot of the reviews, they love the cinematic take, how cutscenes and gameplay work together. And I know a lot of people who played the game kinda hate it because it's Metroid (Samus' characterization is pretty weird. A big point of contention is the weird PSD episode she pulls when Ridley shows up. That and there are a lot of unMetroid features in the game. It's a really weird take on the formula. It's almost a whole other beast).

I think if it wasn't Metroid, most of the reviews (at least the ones that aren't really high. Wired fucking sucked this game's dick) would just see this as an interesting experiment. These same people more or less agree that, while it IS interesting, it's not successful, and that the next Metroid shouldn't be like this.

Ah well. I'm having fun going back after the second ending and getting all the items. Metroid needs more of that; just loading up a finished save, getting a second mission for fun, then loading it a third time to get everything.

OxBlood Aug 30th, 2010 04:35 AM

@Doug: Yeah, that one, just on the PS2.

4hrs into Yakuza 2 and loving it as usual. Though I do fear that martial-artist-teacher guy, I never got his lessons right at some point, the timeframe for the necessary actions was just too short...that and the tons and tons of extra content the game offers.

Oh and my fucking Baroque still isn´t here but Castlevania Lament of Innocence should arrive today, that´s at least something.

Schimid Aug 30th, 2010 07:37 AM

i'm playing through oddworld: abe's oddysee again because i've never beaten it because i was a pansy when i was a kid

just beat mario galaxy 2...at least, the first 120 stars. wasn't it supposed to be harder than the first one? i didn't think it was.

oh and i'm still playing smash brothers at least weekly because i'm a huge tool who plays it competitively

DougClayton4231 Aug 30th, 2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 696678)
Yea, I had to ask someone about that on GameFAQs cause there's no guide yet. Then a mod deleted it and warned me for illegal content. Now I remember why I hate that place...

And I dunno...if you read a lot of the reviews, they love the cinematic take, how cutscenes and gameplay work together. And I know a lot of people who played the game kinda hate it because it's Metroid (Samus' characterization is pretty weird. A big point of contention is the weird PSD episode she pulls when Ridley shows up. That and there are a lot of unMetroid features in the game. It's a really weird take on the formula. It's almost a whole other beast).

I think if it wasn't Metroid, most of the reviews (at least the ones that aren't really high. Wired fucking sucked this game's dick) would just see this as an interesting experiment. These same people more or less agree that, while it IS interesting, it's not successful, and that the next Metroid shouldn't be like this.

Ah well. I'm having fun going back after the second ending and getting all the items. Metroid needs more of that; just loading up a finished save, getting a second mission for fun, then loading it a third time to get everything.

Yeah, it was a cool concept. I beat the second ending as well, but I only got 41% lol. I forgot how this game and Metroid Fusion made me feel the same way. Maybe I just don't enjoy conversation and "GO HERE SAMUS! YOU HAVE NO OPTION FOR EXPLORATION!" in my Metroid.

I've been replaying MP1 and I love being able to collect items in pretty much any manner I want. I always glitch the game at the beginning to get the Space Jump Boots and then proceed to rush through from there. I still have no idea why some people hated the Prime games. All they did was take Super Metroid and put it as a First Person Adventure game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 696692)
@Doug: Yeah, that one, just on the PS2.

I really think that that was the best Silent Hill game (I liked the second game almost as much). I liked the puzzles and the exploration, even if the story was a bit ridiculous at times.

Dimnos Aug 30th, 2010 10:23 AM

Anyone here play Quake Live?

Phoenix Gamma Aug 30th, 2010 02:06 PM

Prime 1 has a pretty slow pace to it, and scanning slowed it down even more. Plus, putting it in first person turned the super acrobatic walking natural disaster that was Samus and made her a tank on legs. Oh, and I hated the gamecube controls, espeically when the game threw in the fucking Chozo ghosts. I started it again in Prime Trilogy, but I can't play it for long sessions like the 2D games.

And give Fusion another shot. The story's better than Other M, and really just exists to explain WHY you're going to that room over there. Prime marks you map just like Fusion does, but doesn't really tell you why you're going there other than "hey this room has a high level of splorgenfaggerdorp minerals." Fusion just does that and adds purpose behind it, like "this species in this area is fucking up the power on the ship. You're not going to be able to use the elevator on the main deck until those assholes are taken care of" And the last act of that game is just fantastic and did Metroid justice.

DougClayton4231 Aug 30th, 2010 05:35 PM

Fusion pissed me off more than anything with the cryptic paths from A-B later in the game and the absurdly difficult boss battles. The gravity monster had me stuck for days lol.

darkvare Aug 30th, 2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 696712)
Anyone here play Quake Live?

i played it when it was on beta is it still free?

Phoenix Gamma Aug 30th, 2010 07:30 PM

Telltale is making a card game. A crossover cardgame. Starring characters from Penny Arcade, Team Fortress 2, Sam and Max, and Homestar Runner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71B11mBOw0A
Kinda wish it wasn't Texas Hold'Em though :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 696756)
Fusion pissed me off more than anything with the cryptic paths from A-B later in the game and the absurdly difficult boss battles. The gravity monster had me stuck for days lol.

The paths are supposed to be crypic. That's the whole point of Metroid :(

DougClayton4231 Aug 30th, 2010 08:13 PM

I enjoy cryptic, I just hated that in some places there was no indication of where to go whatsoever. At least the new Donkey Kong is coming out to fill the void in my heart lol. Even if they somehow ruin it, I'll still play through the whole game.

Anyone else completely psyched for the new Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs Capcom? I'm definitely going to invest in a 360 controller with a functioning D-pad. Oh yeah, and Dead Rising 2?

darkvare Aug 30th, 2010 09:58 PM

i am and luckily dead rising comes out on the day of mah birthday hooray :)

Dimnos Aug 30th, 2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 696766)
i played it when it was on beta is it still free?

Its still free but they also have "premium content". Anyway I went to Quakecon the other weekend and they sent me a code for 7 days free of the "premium content" however I dont play the game. So anyone who actually does, send me a PM and Ill give you the code.

DougClayton4231 Aug 31st, 2010 08:37 AM

Awesome. Does anyone know if the co-op will be xbox live only? Cause, I refuse to pay to use my own internet service for Microsoft to piggyback of. If they actually dedicated servers to users, it might be worth the money.

darkvare Aug 31st, 2010 10:16 PM

anyone else bought dead rising case zero? is just 5 bucks i like the weapon combos

Fathom Zero Aug 31st, 2010 10:51 PM

It's fun fun fun fun fun

DougClayton4231 Sep 1st, 2010 09:23 AM

I got to see Kinect in action at my local mall and man is that shit not going to sell. Adults didn't want to play it and little kids didn't want to play it. The only people who were actually playing it were the Microsoft employees. It looked laggy as shit. The only game that looked remotely decent was the dancing one.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions is probably the best 3d Spiderman game yet. I really like it, it's fun to play and the acting talent and production values are through the roof.

Halo: Reach is by far the best Halo game, but I don't really care for it. It's just a generic fps with a lot of customization options. People will still probably dig all of the multiplayer though.

OxBlood Sep 1st, 2010 03:11 PM

Just finished Yakuza 2. What a great game, wow. Now, on to Yak 3!

Oh and I played the Vanquish-Demo earlier today. So awesome, I gotta have that and soon!

Dr. Boogie Sep 1st, 2010 03:42 PM

A big part of me wants Kinect and Move to fail just so companies will abandon the motion control fad and move onto something else. Same goes for all the 3D stuff.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 1st, 2010 03:59 PM

Everyone who was interested in motion control bought a Wii.

DougClayton4231 Sep 1st, 2010 05:39 PM

I think that the motion control thing is kinda barking up the wrong tree. As Phoenix said, everyone who wanted motion controls already has a Wii. Why would they invest hundreds of dollars just to see different interpretations with better graphics? It's kind of a hard sell.

3D is the worst marketable idea that these companies have had in a good while. Most people still don't even have HDTVs, much less 3DTVs which cost more, require stupid glasses, give you eye strain and require a source of 3D programming (a 3D blu-ray player or 3D cable service, HD video game console). Who the fuck are they marketing to in the worst economic situation since the Great Depression?

OxBlood Sep 1st, 2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 696867)
A big part of me wants Kinect and Move to fail just so companies will abandon the motion control fad and move onto something else. Same goes for all the 3D stuff.

This I shall quote for truth. In two languages even, itīs just TOO true.
Zitiert, weil es wahr ist!

The whole wagglestuff gets on my nerve. Up till now the whole concept was kept in check through the Wii, but nooooo now we all need that shit right? Same goes for 3D.

Thereīs only one thing we need: Good games. And those donīt require me to flail my arms about like some kind of fucking windmill.

Iīll get some tea now, Iīm ill and Iīm playing japanese brawl-RPGs here, leave me alone with your fancy motion-stuff :lol

dextire Sep 1st, 2010 07:07 PM

Spent most of the last month in hospital waiting rooms for various family and friends. None of the hospitals had wifi.

So I finally bought a DSi and have been playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
It's the closest thing to a sequel for Mario RPG that I've seen. It's great! :)

Phoenix Gamma Sep 1st, 2010 09:01 PM

Waiting for my Beta key for Final Fantasy XVI sometime in the next hour. I'm not even sure why I wanna play the damn game; I had a trial to FFXI and got bored of it before it was up. And besides that I haven't touched an MMO since Ragnarok Online back when I was like...15?

At least everyone else will be as inept at the game as I am from the get-go.

darkvare Sep 1st, 2010 11:12 PM

is that beta for pc?

Phoenix Gamma Sep 1st, 2010 11:59 PM

Yup. It just went up, except the servers had a heart attack and I'm still waiting to get to the application page that lets me get my code >:

OxBlood Sep 2nd, 2010 06:01 AM

Ha, I´d like to know if the game´s as boring as 11 back then. Or more super-tedious and the controls sucked ass.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 06:10 AM

I dunno. I'm MMO illiterate :(

I did one quest by myself though! Except the names are all weird because it's FinalfuckingFantasy so I dunno if I'm accepting a quest or an item accepting a quest.

My guy looks like Balthier though :D

You guys should join too so someone can babysit me. :(

OxBlood Sep 2nd, 2010 07:34 AM

I would but neither do I have the beta nor do I have a PC that can cope with anything that is not a browser or some game from 1995 :D

My normal PCs still busted and until I find work, there won´t be enough money around to buy a new one...

DougClayton4231 Sep 2nd, 2010 08:04 AM

That sucks Ox. I got to play the demo of Dead Rising 2 and I was pretty impressed. I like that your goal in killing zombies isn't being a selfish dick anymore. Otherwise, the new expanded gameplay is pretty cool. I love the weapon combination idea.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 08:14 AM

Aw well it's an open beta if anyone else wants in.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2010 11:11 AM

I've been waiting for FF XIV for a while. Spent way too much time on FF XI. Know this might sound dumb but the storyline for FF XI is actually really good. It just took FOREVER to get to.

Played the demo for Shank and Dead Rising 2. The dead rising 2 camera angle is still bad. Weapon combination is cool. I understand that everything shouldn't be combined but saw blade + power drill should have.

Shank felt like Castle Crashers but with more blood.

Dimnos Sep 2nd, 2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 696911)
Aw well it's an open beta if anyone else wants in.

I tried to sign up for it but the server was down. :\ If I ever make it Ill let you know. Maybe we can crack some skulls.

OxBlood Sep 2nd, 2010 11:50 AM

Oh hey, a question about Dead Rising 2: Concerning the aiming when using a gun...is it still digital like in the first one? That was pretty stupid back then and it still is now. Aiming´s gotta be analogue (I don´t even know if you say it like that in english, but I´m sure you know what I mean)

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2010 12:54 PM

Uhhh.

You can move around while aiming, now, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, it's like Dead Rising and the recent Resident Evils.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2010 02:56 PM

Analogue aiming. I gunned the football at a zombie.

OxBlood Sep 2nd, 2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 696922)
Uhhh.

You can move around while aiming, now, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, it's like Dead Rising and the recent Resident Evils.

What I mean when I say "digital aiming" is that it moves like...letīs see...before there were analog-sticks, controlling things was digital, aiming and steering was especially hard back then because you could only move cursors and steering at 100% speed or intensity wheras today you can fine-tune your movement by using analoge-sticks. Know what I mean now?

I guess 10k Volt Ghost already answered it.

darkvare Sep 2nd, 2010 04:14 PM

is like gears of war aiming dude once you go into aim mode the right stick moves it also anyone knows where the effing roaring oar is i wanna make the chainsaw combo weapon

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2010 04:51 PM

I think it turns into a "roaring oar" after the chainsaw is attached.

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2010 04:58 PM

I didn't know it had to do with sensitivity. I just called it sensitivity. :\ I'm a dumb.

I like the Beer Hat. :D

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 696941)
is like gears of war aiming dude once you go into aim mode the right stick moves it also anyone knows where the effing roaring oar is i wanna make the chainsaw combo weapon

The far west side on your map at the police station.

darkvare Sep 2nd, 2010 05:03 PM

thanks, also i used the hat during a boss fight and chuck got sick it was hilarious cause he got shot and went spinning spewing a vomit tornado :lol

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 06:44 PM

http://kotaku.com/5628837/will-duke-...to-play-at-pax

ULWAYZ BET AWN DOUK :rock

Dr. Boogie Sep 2nd, 2010 07:14 PM

What makes the story even better is that they cite John St. Jon's tweets, and yet he says in one of his tweets that his presence has nothing to do with Duke Nukem.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 08:09 PM

Yea, Kotaku chugs dick, but I'm a huge supporter of Duke Nukem Forever coming out. I'm not even a big fan. I just want the game to come out so I can say I witnessed it actually happen. :lol

darkvare Sep 2nd, 2010 09:29 PM

so is kinda like saying i was there on 9/11?

Nick Sep 2nd, 2010 10:50 PM

I was there when Duke Nukem Forever came out.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 11:03 PM

Well, yea. Except this is cool and 9/11 was significantly less cool. Something about people dieing or something. In Dook Nookum, the only things that die are aliens. And it's way better cause he punts their heads through field goal posts.

darkvare Sep 2nd, 2010 11:20 PM

i'm sad that this happend to duke nukem but oh well it also makes me sad the lack of conker sequels :(

OxBlood Sep 3rd, 2010 04:08 AM

I just wish they´d stop getting on my nerve with DNF. I mean, I get it, yeah it was really funny, har-di-har. Five years ago it was funny.

I´m still not sure the whole thing would even work in this day and age. Duke Nukem is SO 90´s and we all know that funny stuff from the 90´s is just sad today :lol

I fucking LOVE Yakuza 3 by the way.
12hrs in (thanks, illness) and just got back to Tokyo...there´s SO much to do, the fighting is better than ever before and I get to build my own, repairable weapons...I even like the story. Shows how Kaz tries to change his life for the better but get´s drawn back into his past by duty and friendship for his old buddies...really cool.
Sure, it´s sad that I can´t play Shogi or Mahjongg but I can´t read the japanese tiles anyway and in Yak 2 they played some variant of Mahjongg I didn´t know which was a little frustrating...then again, now I can play darts, pool and those cool gambling-den dicegames :rock

DougClayton4231 Sep 3rd, 2010 08:16 AM

My prediction is that Duke Nukem Forever will be such a shocking game that the ratings board will need to institute an adults only rating. If it ever comes out lol.

Pentegarn Sep 3rd, 2010 09:00 AM

I had thought Duke Nukem forever was never going to come out now thanks to the investor money wasted on developers not working on the game at all

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 3rd, 2010 09:46 AM

Duke Nukem Fornever is more like it.

edit: Changed my mind. I hope Duke Nukem Forever comes out and they give away a free can of Dr. Pepper.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 3rd, 2010 01:35 PM

DOUK NOKUM got confirmed just now. They're gonna be streaming the trailer in a few minutes, but right now they're showing other people play:
http://www.ustream.tv/2kgameslive

http://www.destructoid.com/yup-gearb...av=Top+stories
That header is so...Duke Nukem :lol

The demo starts with Duke peeing at a urinal because pee is funny and I'm 10 years old.

Dr. Boogie Sep 3rd, 2010 05:03 PM

I couldn't believe that story when I first saw it. It was a bold move on Gearbox's part, waiting for interest in the game to all but completely evaporate.

So now I'm back to believing it won't be worth the 12+ years of dev time. I can't wait for the real Zero Punctuation review of this.

Update: I went to check out 3D Realms' DNF forum to see how elated they were with the news. They shut the forum down, and they've promised to delete anything DNF-related that appears anywhere else on their boards.

Ah, the tears of a clown.

darkvare Sep 3rd, 2010 05:43 PM

lol thosse cardboards for duke nukem are awesome everyone is a bitch when duke is around

DougClayton4231 Sep 3rd, 2010 08:44 PM

Duke Nukem forever being announced the day before my birthday is a hell of a present lol. I can't wait.

Nick Sep 4th, 2010 12:41 AM

I'll buy it on day one. :D

MrAdventure Sep 4th, 2010 06:45 AM

why is anybody excited about this when it could potentially wind up as borderlands without the item and experience grinding

OxBlood Sep 4th, 2010 06:57 AM

Wait, you´re comparing Duke Nukem to Borderlands? Uh...why?

MrAdventure Sep 4th, 2010 06:59 AM

im still v upset at gearbox half assing simple fixes for borderlands mostly

i h8 them

MrAdventure Sep 4th, 2010 07:00 AM

wheres my travel points for my dlc i paid a lot of money fo this

Phoenix Gamma Sep 4th, 2010 07:32 AM

http://www.destructoid.com/i-played-...av=Top+stories

Sounds awesome :lol

Dr. Boogie Sep 4th, 2010 08:51 PM

Mafia 2.

Played through it in two nights. The story missions are short, and there's almost nothing to do outside of them, which is kind of weird for an open world game.

The story isn't great either, and it just kind of peters out at the end.

darkvare Sep 4th, 2010 10:39 PM

is it true its filled with mafia movie cliches i mean the fat impulsive dude is there i'm just wondering if he will die like those characters do in every mafia movie

Dr. Boogie Sep 5th, 2010 12:15 AM

That particular cliché is your best friend, and he actually survives for more than 10 minutes.

Fathom Zero Sep 5th, 2010 02:08 AM

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-new...1-183117.phtml

ohmanohmanohmanohmanohman

Dr. Boogie Sep 5th, 2010 02:58 AM

Holy shitballs.

DougClayton4231 Sep 5th, 2010 08:16 AM

Jaw dropped. I remember spending many a night playing the first EDF in co-op. Good times.

@ Dr. Boogie, I still haven't gotten far in Mafia 2. I kept getting killed in that first mission where you rob the bank. For some reason, after I steal the bonds the guards automatically know my location and snipe the shit out of me. Any tips?

Halo Reach continues to be boring and nonsensical. More news at 11.

OxBlood Sep 5th, 2010 08:40 AM

Did I hear EDF? Fuck yes.

OxBlood Sep 5th, 2010 08:40 AM

Did I hear EDF? Fuck yes.

Dr. Boogie Sep 5th, 2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 697129)
@ Dr. Boogie, I still haven't gotten far in Mafia 2. I kept getting killed in that first mission where you rob the bank. For some reason, after I steal the bonds the guards automatically know my location and snipe the shit out of me. Any tips?

For starters, get used to bullcrap like this (i.e., groups of bad guys spawning near you and moving in like they have their own radar).

As for dealing with them, just find some cover in that office and watch the door you came through. Most of the cops will either file through it or take cover at the door, where you can pick them off at your leisure.

And don't bother trying to sneak away. There are a couple moments like this in the game where it seems like the story might diverge based on what you do, but it's just an illusion. You have to waste a bunch of cops and then deal with the aftermath (although no one makes a big deal about you killing almost a dozen cops).

DougClayton4231 Sep 5th, 2010 05:57 PM

Oh, I thought the game actually had depth lmao. They should really stop hyping games like this, Mafia 2 got more press than Red Dead Redemption for Christ's sake.

darkvare Sep 5th, 2010 06:24 PM

i want to try mafia 2 cause it sounds like one of thosse game you rent a weekend finish it and be done with it

Dr. Boogie Sep 5th, 2010 06:33 PM

There's really not a lot going for the game. People made a big deal about the series because of the story, but the gameplay itself is pretty bland. The fistfights are boring, the gunfights are fraught with bullcrap, and the driving is the worst of all, with its undue emphasis on not hitting anything ever.

You can get a nice car and upgrade it, but there's really no point. If you accidentally back into a pole and break a taillight, you have to pay to have it repaired before you can tunr your engine. Plus, you can evade the cops easily even in the junkiest car because at the end of the day, the cops are still driving the same 40s-era dreadnoughts that can't corner for shit. And if you can't, all you have to do is either lure the cops into an alley or just get them all on one side of you in the street and shoot them all. I routinely got out of 4-star pursuits (the highest there is) just by taking the time to kill all the cops that were after me, and stealing a new shirt from a clothing store.

Also, at some point, you'll be able to buy the better guns from a special gun store, but it's not worth it because you'll find shotguns and tommyguns aplenty, and there are too many instances where the game takes all your guns/money.

Best of all, I'd say about 70% of the game is just you chauffeuring people/stuff from one end of the city to the other. I have to assume this was done as a means to artificially lengthen the game.

darkvare Sep 5th, 2010 06:43 PM

speaking of cops was mafia 1 the game where cops would reach you even when you were driving a race car?

Dr. Boogie Sep 5th, 2010 06:48 PM

The only race car bit I remember about Mafia 1 was that hellish racing mission that usually ended with me rolling my cigarette racer and dying.

darkvare Sep 5th, 2010 06:52 PM

it was glitchy so i cheated

executioneer Sep 5th, 2010 08:38 PM

so i totally went nutso and got to 55th place on the dead rising 2 file zero leaderboards, is everyone impressed at how sad a person i am yet

darkvare Sep 5th, 2010 08:49 PM

i'm gonna co even crazier and try to take your spot lol

executioneer Sep 5th, 2010 08:52 PM

well if you ignore the storyline and concentrate on making the pitchfork shotgun things + using them, you could make 800000+ points per game because they give you 2500 pp each time you use the impale and lift attack on a zomby

Fathom Zero Sep 5th, 2010 09:10 PM

I actually really dig the friend leaderboards for the Arcade games. So far, I'm kicking everyone's asses at Ikaruga. But you trounce everyone I know at Castle Crashers, Willie. :O

darkvare Sep 5th, 2010 10:54 PM

what level is willie?

Fathom Zero Sep 5th, 2010 11:06 PM

I'm like 20 or something. He's sumthin' like 71.

Sam Sep 6th, 2010 01:46 AM

I wanna play Castle Crashers with y'all.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 6th, 2010 02:35 AM

Oh fuck that came out on PSN finally, huh? Now I can play a beat 'em up that's not Scott Pilgrim.

OxBlood Sep 7th, 2010 08:03 AM

Played the Ruse PS3-Demo this morning and I kinda like it. Really not bad for a Console-RTS...that and lots and lots of Yakuza 3 of course :D

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2010 09:14 AM

Just got a PS2 yesterday. I'm very happy, considering I had a growing back catalogue and no system for a long time. Might go back and play MGS 3. That is, if I ever finish with Persona 4. 90 minutes into playing it and I want to marry it.

OxBlood Sep 7th, 2010 09:32 AM

Ah, Persona 4...one of the best JRPGs AND videogames I´ve ever played. Good choice, Zero.

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2010 09:54 AM

I found a new copy for $30. I suppose that's par for new Personas, since Atlus and Nippon Ichi games are the only new ones coming out for the PS2 anymore.

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2010 10:05 AM

PS: I thought I should bring this up, since I did a long long long time ago and recently remembered coz of all the games I bought without boxes, but this site has an archive of video game box art that you can print out.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 7th, 2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 697168)
well if you ignore the storyline and concentrate on making the pitchfork shotgun things + using them, you could make 800000+ points per game because they give you 2500 pp each time you use the impale and lift attack on a zomby

When I made the shotgun pitchfork I figured I would still need to aim it. So I aimed it like Zeus' lightning then was amazed it did nothing. In a panic I ended up throwing all of my other inventory at the zombie horde and was quickly overrun. :(

executioneer Sep 7th, 2010 11:33 AM

hahaha yeah they should have made the shotgun fire instead of having you throw it. stuuuped

Phoenix Gamma Sep 7th, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 697208)
Just got a PS2 yesterday. I'm very happy, considering I had a growing back catalogue and no system for a long time. Might go back and play MGS 3. That is, if I ever finish with Persona 4. 90 minutes into playing it and I want to marry it.

Quote:

90 minutes
So you haven't even got to the part where you stop advancing text and start actually playing?! :lol

I remember getting to the first actual battle, beating it, and saving. The time mark was 2 hours I believe. And I was like "Jesus christ that was the longest introduction to anything in my entire life".

P4 did not win me over like P3. In fact I think I hate every character in that game aside from Dojima :\

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2010 11:46 AM

I love it so far, the dialogue and such. The classic Shin Megami Tensei character design, too.