I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

MLE Jan 12th, 2011 09:41 PM

What server? All of Murder Herd is pretty much playing, and I'm rolling on their server tomorrow for my PvP toon.

Fathom Zero Jan 12th, 2011 09:49 PM

Someone wanna play Minecraft with me? Gimme a server to jump on.

OxBlood Jan 13th, 2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 710467)
pvp fucking everywhere. it is completely batshit nuts atm. i would not get it on a console; it plays farrrr too fast in pvp for that.

i followed my pvp guild to dcuo. i didn't like the beta, but launch has been amazingly good.

Why is it too fast? I mean everyone has to use the same controls anyway so it should be pretty balanced, right? Iīm not that interested in PVP anyway, Iīm too old for that crap and the only thing it does is make me fucking furious.

But I would like a console MMO...preferably one thatīs at least semi-decent. I already know that DCUO wonīt sell many copies here since germans are not know for their love of the american comic-culture but...I for one love the theme...which reminds me that Champions is supposed to go F2P later this year...

MLE Jan 13th, 2011 12:58 PM

Champions sucks, easily more than CoH/V did, and I'd probably still be playing CoH/V if I was in a large guild.

DCUO is better than both combined. It's a very very fast gameplay, and I don't know if consoles could keep up with it even with the more difficult bosses that you get when you're closer to level 16/17 out of 30.

Dimnos Jan 13th, 2011 01:42 PM

Did they ever change CoH to where you could pick up new people in your group when others dropped out when you were doing what the hell ever they called a raid? That shit sucked. Is it free to play yet?

MLE Jan 13th, 2011 03:28 PM

Neither of the old superhero games are free to play, I don't think.

executioneer Jan 13th, 2011 05:13 PM

isn't there a third version, going rogue or something out now

OxBlood Jan 14th, 2011 06:13 AM

I just picked it up in town (DCUO that is)...guess I´ll see how the whole thing is later tonight or tomorrow...on the PS3, since I don´t have any kind of gaming PC...hell, my fucking Netbook can´t even play Spelunky or Minecraft...

Fathom Zero Jan 14th, 2011 06:16 AM

Shove more RAM in it. Minecraft was made to thrive on RAM, not needing a graphics card to look good.

OxBlood Jan 14th, 2011 06:53 AM

Wouldn´t help, the Netbook simply can´t use anything with 3d-graphics, the onboard-card can´t do that.

Fathom Zero Jan 14th, 2011 06:59 AM

Your netbook must really be shite, then. Though, to be honest, I think everybody's computer screws up at least some of the time with Java.

MarioRPG Jan 14th, 2011 09:09 AM

Buying The Orange Box at the start of a new sememster was not a very wise move.
Aside from that I've started up another Earthbound file. :D

OxBlood Jan 14th, 2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 710629)
Your netbook must really be shite, then. Though, to be honest, I think everybody's computer screws up at least some of the time with Java.

Well, itīs a Netbook, itīs not supposed to handle anything more than Word and the "normal" Internet and that it can handle quite well...just nothing that has 3d in it ;)

I dunno, if this whole work-gig keeps on going well, Iīll just buy a normal Desktop-PC later this year, I donīt need a Laptop or anything...

Dr. Boogie Jan 14th, 2011 01:34 PM

Bought Killing Floor during the big Steam sale, and I can't seem to stop playing it. Something about teaming up with people to plug English zombies in the head is just so strangely compelling.

dextire Jan 14th, 2011 03:36 PM

I found my old box of PC games from the mid-90s. Through the magic of DOSBox I'm now playing Epic Pinball: Enigma. :rock
Now I just have to get Warcraft 1 and Dungeon Keeper going and I'll be set. :)

OverdosedPuppet Jan 14th, 2011 04:52 PM

Been playing Kenka Bancho badass Rumble. Something very addicting about running a gang and beating the crap outta other class mates lol

Phoenix Gamma Jan 15th, 2011 02:24 AM

Ghost Trick.

If you have a DS and don't play it, you're dead to me.

<3 PG

Mad Melvin Jan 15th, 2011 03:42 AM

Left 4 Dead 2

It was like 10 bucks on Steam so I decided to give it a whirl. Very fun.

Fallout New Vegas

Started a new game with a character whose sole purpose in life is to decapitate people with a fire-axe.

Mafia II

Original game + two DLC:s were about 20 bucks on Steam. The original game is pretty awesome but the DLC:s are just mind-boggling. How could they fuck them up like that? All I wanted was a few cool missions that don't necessarily have to have anything to do with the original story, but instead I got some boring errandboy missions with a strict timelimit.

OxBlood Jan 15th, 2011 06:01 AM

I tried out DCUO yesterday...after 3 hours of patching mind you, and so far, it seems to be pretty solid. It controls well, its gameplay is rather simple but fun, the powers seem to be useful and diverse and even the small selection of travel powers doesn´t piss me off as much as I thought it would...I´m pleased to see that the weapon you choose isn´t just cosmetic but each has its own skill-tree with different attacks, block-beakers, interupts and stuff like that.

The quests are...meh so far, standart stuff but that was to be expected. It´s unusually quiet in the chat which is of course a detail of the PS3-Version...which reminds me, I gotta plug my Keyboard in and start getting on everybodies nerves (it´s what I do in MMO´s, I make sure people talk to each other and have some fun doing that).

I haven´t advanced very far, just got level 7 with my ragged, burned gadget-wielding handblaster hero but so far, I like it.

executioneer Jan 15th, 2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 710704)
Fallout New Vegas

Started a new game with a character whose sole purpose in life is to decapitate people with a fire-axe.

please tell me you found some shades and a cop outfit for your character

Mad Melvin Jan 15th, 2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 710716)
please tell me you found some shades and a cop outfit for your character

No :(

But i've been meaning to plug in some mods that give more clothing choices. SO ASK ME AGAIN LATER

darkvare Jan 15th, 2011 02:16 PM

i finished demon's souls and i'm playing borderlands co-op i love rpgs that don't make wait for my turn to attack

captain516 Jan 15th, 2011 03:01 PM

A bit late to the party, but I got New Vegas recently. I love shooting people's dynamite right before they throw it and watching them explode

Tadao Jan 15th, 2011 09:37 PM

Got Angry Birds for my PC.

Fathom Zero Jan 15th, 2011 09:41 PM

:(