I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Zomboid Mar 6th, 2010 01:06 AM

Shame about Hard Rain. I was thinking it'd be the game that'd make me get a PS3.

Edit: Because I could not fucking care less about shit like Metal Gear Solid and, uhh... Killzone?

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 6th, 2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 674899)
i rented army of two the 40th day i'm gonna beat it with a friend on split screen

How is that? I really enjoyed the first one but haven't had time to play 40th day.

Zhukov Mar 6th, 2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 674925)
How is that? I really enjoyed the first one but haven't had time to play 40th day.

Worth a rent if you enjoyed the gameplay of the first. Way too easy though, and the basic tactics that you ease yourself into in the first few levels are thrown away for the rest in favour of just pointing and shooting anything and everything faster and harder than they can shoot you.

Rubbish use of "morals" to tell a story that isn't actually told unless you do extra curricular activities and learn Mandarin or some shit to explain the back story. I had no idea who the bad guys where the whole time.

Very cool art direction though, and would be way funner with two people. Unfortunately I have few friends, although I consider those who are to be much more important to me than throw away acquaintances that I merely chat small talk with in an effort to make me feel more important.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 6th, 2010 11:15 AM

I would need to play it with a friend. I played through the first one with a few different people but tried it by myself and it just didn't feel the same.

darkvare Mar 6th, 2010 11:49 AM

i think the games is way too short less than 2 hours and we were already at chapter 5 of 5 wtf

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 6th, 2010 11:52 AM

That's really short. How is the customization?

darkvare Mar 6th, 2010 04:37 PM

there is a lot of new add ons for the guns but you have to find some bags in the game to unlock them such things as soda can silencers are fun and a lot of camos for the guns
edit i just fineshed the game no end boss, and feels just like anyother of the morale choices :(

Zhukov Mar 7th, 2010 04:11 AM

The customization has no variety to it. All the shotguns feel the same, all the machine guns feel the same. What's the point of a cordial can silencer or a screwdriver bayonet when a REAL bayonet and a REAL silencer cost a few hundred dollars more and, oh yeah, I have 300 million dollars.

TheCoolinator Mar 7th, 2010 12:11 PM

I've been playing AVP as well. First game I've bought new in a while. Nice game and all but needs to be patched up a little.

There are already a ton of dedicated servers running for multiplayer so there isn't too much of a problem finding a non-ranked game. The problem comes in when your trying to find a Ranked game. Then you have to go through this "Quick Match" system which is an oxymoron considering your going to be staring at the face hugger animation for around 20-30 minutes waiting to be randomly placed in a game with 2-3 people.

Guitar Woman Mar 7th, 2010 02:29 PM

I got to the Shalebridge Cradle in Thief 3.

Not fucking cool, man.

timrpgland Mar 8th, 2010 08:50 AM

Dragon Quest 3 Super Famicom translation.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 8th, 2010 08:59 AM

Resident Evil 5 Desperate Escape. No kidding it makes you feel desperate.

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 675114)
Resident Evil 5 Desperate Escape. No kidding it makes you feel desperate.

I'm still debating if I should buy RE:5 for PC. I heard good and bad things about it so I'm somewhat indecisive. :confused:

OxBlood Mar 8th, 2010 09:57 AM

Bayonetta (GOD that game is so damn awesome) and

FF13 (not as awesome but still good)

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 675119)
Bayonetta (GOD that game is so damn awesome) and

FF13 (not as awesome but still good)

I must admit Sega is finally kicking some ass with there new line up.

Alien Vs Predator
Bayonetta

They are coming out with some quality software. I hope they keep it going and don't fall into that Sonic the Hedgehog treadmill they are so used to wallowing in.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 8th, 2010 12:24 PM

Sega didn't make Bayonetta. They just published it. That's why it isn't bad.

dextire Mar 8th, 2010 01:26 PM

Finally started playing Valkyrie Profile. Had the game for years but never even opened the case.
I don't really like timed-RPGs, but enough people have recommended it that I decided to give it a shot.

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 675136)
Sega didn't make Bayonetta. They just published it. That's why it isn't bad.

Sega developed the PS3 port of the game and it has input on every single game that they publish.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 8th, 2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 675143)
Sega developed the PS3 port of the game and it has input on every single game that they publish.

Yea, and the PS3 port was worse than the original. Sony had to help patch it because Sega can't program for shit :rolleyes

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 675149)
Yea, and the PS3 port was worse than the original. Sony had to help patch it because Sega can't program for shit :rolleyes

But they did develop it right? :confused: And they have input on most of the software they publish, it's irrelevant if you think it's good or bad.

Just look at Sega all star Racing by SUMO. Shenmue's Ryo wouldn't have been put there without Sega's blessing.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 8th, 2010 02:23 PM

Sega just did the shoddy porting job. They took Platinum Games' code and totally botched it on the PS3, which doesn't even make sense considering the PS3 is the stronger console.[/Microshock] They didn't actually develop it. At all. They might have okayed a few things here or there, but the core creative team and all the people that really matter in the game's development are from Platinum Games.

Exhibit B: Dimps developed the PS2/Wii versions of Unleashed, which were better than the PS3/360 versions both in terms of programming and design.
Exhibit C: Pretty much every Sonic game up to 2006 has the same abysmal loading problems as Bayonetta pre-patch.

Sega's a fucking shitty developer. Decent publisher, but can't program or design for shit these days. And no one gives a fuck about Shenmue except all three people who played those boring-ass games.

EDIT: I forgot about SegaWOW. They're pretty good, but I think actually started as a separate company anyways.

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 675151)
Sega just did the shoddy porting job. They took Platinum Games' code and crammed it on the PS3. They didn't actually develop it.

I don't know what else to tell ya Phoenix. They are down as the developer for PS3 version of Bayonetta and like I've been saying, they have input (effect the final product) of every single game they publish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayonetta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 675151)
At all. They might have okayed a few things here or there, but the core creative team and all the people that really matter in the game's development are from Platinum Games.

Sega's a fucking shitty developer. Decent publisher, but can't program or design for shit these days. And no one gives a fuck about Shenmue except all three people who played those boring-ass games.

EDIT: I forgot about SegaWOW. They're pretty good, but I think actually started as a separate company anyways.

lol,

I'm not defending Sega. I'm just saying that they still develop software (Bayonetta PS3 edition) and they have input on the final designs of every game that they publish. They work very closely with their developers. They supervise them and have a say on what needs to be done and how the finished product should look.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 8th, 2010 02:40 PM

Right. They took Platinum's 360 code, since it was originally planned as an exclusive, and converted it to the PS3. Technically, sure, they handled the code of the game. They didn't design it, though. The content is still the same, just lower quality.

It's like if I wrote a book and you published it as a hardcover with these really fancy pages, and you took that and printed it on smaller pages as a paperback. You didn't write my book, you just formatted it differently.

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 675155)
Right. They took Platinum's 360 code, since it was originally planned as an exclusive, and converted it to the PS3. Technically, sure, they handled the code of the game. They didn't design it, though. The content is still the same, just lower quality.

It's like if I wrote a book and you published it as a hardcover with these really fancy pages, and you took that and printed it on smaller pages as a paperback. You didn't write my book, you just formatted it differently.

I understand your point but Sega and Platinum jointly developed the game. Hence why it says "Developed PS3 Port" and on top of that in Bayonetta there are all kinds of different things put in the game to make it more Sega-ish.

the issue is that they publishing is not just putting crap in a box and slapping the Sega logo on it. They have more involvment with their products then that. And I'm not just talking about Sega....other publishers are the same way....Sega has just gotten lucky as of late with a few great games. I hope they keep coming out with good stuff because as I said above, I can't stand it when they harp on the Sonic mascot.

Fathom Zero Mar 8th, 2010 03:00 PM

Pardon me, but I have more faith in developers than publishers when it comes to betting on whether a game will be good or not.