I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

MarioRPG Apr 8th, 2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 679921)
lol the klobb used to be my favorite weapon

Why? It was god awful and I'm pretty sure it didn't even hurt people.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 8th, 2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 679829)
There is a Golden Eye mod for HL2, you know.

Never played the HL games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 679856)
Well and good, but VMU batteries last 20 minutes at most anyway, so why bother :lol

My Chao from Sonic is long dead by now :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 679925)
Whats the big deal about the klobb? I barely remember that piece of shit. It was OK at best. :\

The Klobb was the worst gun in the game but killing with it makes you feel good. A feeling akin to killing someone with DAN in Street Fighter. Named after Ken Lobb

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 679921)
lol the klobb used to be my favorite weapon

:Highfive Darkvare

Playing more of Final Fantasy XIII My favorite enemies in the game so far the the green Flan thing in the sewer with the emergency lights on their head that flash when they cure each other. Hilarious. Also the mechanical enemy that looks like a cross between an accordian and SAM-BORG from FF8.

Zomboid Apr 8th, 2010 05:56 PM

PD on Live really is fun, but it takes a bit of getting used to. Going back to stationary aiming is fucking unpleasant.

darkvare Apr 8th, 2010 06:54 PM

i think i'm used to it since i've been playing time splitters 2 a lot lately

Fathom Zero Apr 10th, 2010 09:02 PM

DougClayton4231 Apr 11th, 2010 08:08 AM

The new Splinter Cell is very, very good. I just got a bootleg and played through about 4 missions. I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Mass Effect 2.

OxBlood Apr 11th, 2010 09:02 AM

Took the time to play Way of the Samurai 3 for 7 hours over the weekend. As nice as the first two with a little more comfort and some new features this time.
Not having a time limit is especially nice. Sure, it looks and partially plays like a PS2 game but almost all of my favorite games are PS2 games so I really don´t mind the poor graphics.

I gave my life for the poor villagers while protecting an ancient bloodline from the region with one dude and bravely fought to the death with my bandit-brothers after eating and drinking all day.

The life of a Samurai is colorful indeed. Now, on to becoming an dual-wielding blade-demon :)

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 11th, 2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 680162)

Oh Shit DYLAN THATS BADASS AS HELL.

Even more awesome is SAM's signature while listening to it.

Reminded me of this.

Ant10708 Apr 11th, 2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 680211)
The new Splinter Cell is very, very good. I just got a bootleg and played through about 4 missions. I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Mass Effect 2.

I heard the new splinter cell can't even be considered a stealth game? Is this true?

Fathom Zero Apr 11th, 2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 680228)
Oh Shit DYLAN THATS BADASS AS HELL.

http://masdamind.bandcamp.com/

OH JAM

Zhukov Apr 11th, 2010 02:40 PM

I've been looking for the Ghostbusters soundtrack on vinyl for years. When I say looking I really mean waiting for it to pop up in front of me.

Dr. Boogie Apr 12th, 2010 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 680217)
Took the time to play Way of the Samurai 3 for 7 hours over the weekend. As nice as the first two with a little more comfort and some new features this time.
Not having a time limit is especially nice. Sure, it looks and partially plays like a PS2 game but almost all of my favorite games are PS2 games so I really donīt mind the poor graphics.

I gave my life for the poor villagers while protecting an ancient bloodline from the region with one dude and bravely fought to the death with my bandit-brothers after eating and drinking all day.

The life of a Samurai is colorful indeed. Now, on to becoming an dual-wielding blade-demon :)

I've been trying to get into this game, but I just can't seem to get the hang of the combat system, especially the push/pull system. I just wind up tripping after almost every blocked hit.

OxBlood Apr 12th, 2010 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 680328)
I've been trying to get into this game, but I just can't seem to get the hang of the combat system, especially the push/pull system. I just wind up tripping after almost every blocked hit.

If you played the second one before, you might get confused a bit in the beginning (I know I was since the whole thing worked differently in Wots2).

Basically it goes like this:

If the enemy gets the red icon above his head - Pull, heīs trying to push you

If he gets the blue Icon - Heīs trying to pull you, donīt attack, you can kick or throw him instead

If he blocks - Push and hack away

It gets pretty easy to pull and push most enemies after a bit of practice but I still fall for their own pulls...but then again I just forged my first legendary weapon so I should be fine against most enemies.

What really worked for me was finding a weapon with a stance I like (I love the draw-stance, itīs so badass). That and unlocking dual-wielding, it makes the game SO much easier until you get your hands on decent weapons...it also helps to know where to get money and remembering that you can kill merchants to get all of your spent money back :)

TheCoolinator Apr 12th, 2010 09:36 AM

AVP,

Facing off all alone against a predator while using the Humans is the most annoying, infuriating, and just plain old unbalanced battle I've ever played. I CAN'T SEE HIM. He's Freakin invisible. Throw me a bone here.

DougClayton4231 Apr 12th, 2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708 (Post 680237)
I heard the new splinter cell can't even be considered a stealth game? Is this true?

It is a stealth game, it's just you can actually defend yourself better. If you try to play anything like Rambo, you don't get far because it only takes a few shots to kill you on normal. It is very enjoyable though and the AI is decent.

DougClayton4231 Apr 12th, 2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 680346)
AVP,

Facing off all alone against a predator while using the Humans is the most annoying, infuriating, and just plain old unbalanced battle I've ever played. I CAN'T SEE HIM. He's Freakin invisible. Throw me a bone here.

It's like rock paper scissors, except without the balance lol. Predators always win. Superior firepower + heat vision + invisibility = rape. I guess they took the first predator film very srsly.

Dr. Boogie Apr 12th, 2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 680422)
It is a stealth game, it's just you can actually defend yourself better. If you try to play anything like Rambo, you don't get far because it only takes a few shots to kill you on normal. It is very enjoyable though and the AI is decent.

I think what people mean is that the stealth rules have been relaxed a bit, what with a meter that calls out when you could potentially be seen, the ability to leave a weird shadow clone of yourself when you're spotted, and the whole marking/multi-kill system. Also, you get a silenced pistol with infinite ammo.

It's not a total action game; it's just more action-oriented, sort of like how Mass Effect 2 is still an RPG, but more action-oriented than the previous installment.

OxBlood Apr 13th, 2010 05:29 AM

I actually like the idea of that Shadow-Sam. But it shows how...untactical the enemies are, doesn´t it? They assume you´re where they´ve last seen you and fire on that spot. I understand what it´s supposed to do gameplay-wise but in terms of realism? I dunno.

Sank about 25 hours into Way of the Sambadancer 3 now and after exploiting the Groundhog Day-Aspect of the game to max one or two weapons (great on hard difficulty but almost too powerful already) and learn all dualsword-moves I´ve gone back to play actual stories, now that I can use any NPC-Skin and have almost all accessories to modify my character :) I especially like to play as the old Biwa-Minstrel who saves your game normally, he´s badass :D

Ant10708 Apr 13th, 2010 07:19 AM

" the ability to leave a weird shadow clone of yourself when you're spotted"

that sounds like a horrible idea

OxBlood Apr 13th, 2010 08:43 AM

It´s not really a "Shadow Clone", it´s a shadowy outline of Sam that indicates where the enemies think he is until they spot the real Sam again. It´s nothing you can do willingly, just part of the interface.

TheCoolinator Apr 13th, 2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 680423)
It's like rock paper scissors, except without the balance lol. Predators always win. Superior firepower + heat vision + invisibility = rape. I guess they took the first predator film very srsly.

And don't forget that his strong attack is way too fast. You have no time to counter it as a Marine. It's complete BS.

They tried to nerf him a little by making the flying discs weaker but they still have a lot of work to do to make it equal.

DougClayton4231 Apr 13th, 2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 680429)
I think what people mean is that the stealth rules have been relaxed a bit, what with a meter that calls out when you could potentially be seen, the ability to leave a weird shadow clone of yourself when you're spotted, and the whole marking/multi-kill system. Also, you get a silenced pistol with infinite ammo.

It's not a total action game; it's just more action-oriented, sort of like how Mass Effect 2 is still an RPG, but more action-oriented than the previous installment.

It has about the amount of action as Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Getting detected makes enemies call for backup, so stealth is still the best idea. The whole multi kill thing requires you to kill enemies in melee stealth before you can use it to balance it. It works very well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 680539)
And don't forget that his strong attack is way too fast. You have no time to counter it as a Marine. It's complete BS.

They tried to nerf him a little by making the flying discs weaker but they still have a lot of work to do to make it equal.

I stopped playing multiplayer once I saw that Aliens are essentially moving targets in most cases. That was the only class I wanted to play as. :(

TheCoolinator Apr 13th, 2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 680542)
I stopped playing multiplayer once I saw that Aliens are essentially moving targets in most cases. That was the only class I wanted to play as. :(

It's cool to fight Predators as Aliens but as you said, you have to get close enough.

Most of the times I'm running full speed into a plasma cannon or disc. I must say though that the tail whips while an Alien is on a wall is extremely deadly because there is no delay time. I killed quite a few people yesterday in the moving pyramid map with it.

Zhukov Apr 14th, 2010 03:08 AM

So I've just re-installed Medieval II: Total War, and it's expansion pack, but for some reason I can't play as all the factions that I remember I could from years ago. I liked playing the Denmark with their axemen and shit, and I'm pretty sure there were some Arabic ones in there somewhere too, and Russia, but now all I can seem to choose between is England, France, Milan (seriously, I get Milan instead of Vikings?) Scotland, Spain, Venice and perhaps one other not entirely memorable one.

Am I missing a patch? Do I need to complete the campaign mode with one of the boring races first? I want the Danes and Holy Roman Empire damn it!

HELP.

Dr. Boogie Apr 14th, 2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 680542)
It has about the amount of action as Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Getting detected makes enemies call for backup, so stealth is still the best idea. The whole multi kill thing requires you to kill enemies in melee stealth before you can use it to balance it. It works very well.

What I mean is that the game is a lot more forgiving in regards to stealth. It used to be that you had to carefully monitor your degree of visibility beyond "in the shadows/not in the shadows", as well as how fast you moved for fear of making too much noise.

As for the marking insta-kill bit, I would definitely call that an action game move because you used to be required to neutralize enemies manually. Before, getting in close for a silent takedown was just a tricky, but rewarding way to bring enemies down without making a scene. Now, it's more about loading up for your three-kill supermove. It's not bad; it's just different to have Sam Fisher pulling off action movie stuff like that.

This is why I brought up ME2 in particular; as in that game, changes have been made to the original formula in the name of dropping some of the slower-paced elements to streamline the action. It's merely different, and the changes shouldn't stop a person from enjoying the game. I will say that I found the black-and-white hiding bit kind of annoying, though.

Also, can you not drag bodies anymore? I couldn't get that to happen in the demo.