I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Delirium Apr 12th, 2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 620858)
Iīve been playing lots of Ninja gaiden sigma for the past couple of weeks. I beat it on hard yesterday, just started on Very hard, and goddamn, its fucking hard alright. I havenīt cleared the first stage yet because its so insane.

Beat very hard, doing missions mode now.

executioneer Apr 13th, 2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 623761)
Vanilla Oblivion on an Xbox.

Is it me or is this game getting fucking harder the more I level up?

i think it is you that is getting harder the more you level up

JUST KIDDING YES VANILLA OBLIVION'S LEVELING IS SERIOUSLY BROKEN

M. Blaze Apr 14th, 2009 09:57 AM

Persona 4... yet again. For a while (18 hours, to be exact) I played an undubbed version that has the original Japanese voices with English text, but I seem to be having some technical issues with that because the music likes to cut out at random moments (not very fun when it happens during a lengthy boss battle). I guess I'll just go back to playing the regular US version for now.

Phoenix Gamma Apr 14th, 2009 11:06 AM

Ugh. The dubbed voices were fine, save for Chie. I thought everyone was really spot on. The only problem is that Atlus wanted to make it extra wapanese, so they actually added more honorifics.

M. Blaze Apr 14th, 2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 624451)
Ugh. The dubbed voices were fine, save for Chie. I thought everyone was really spot on. The only problem is that Atlus wanted to make it extra wapanese, so they actually added more honorifics.

Well, I also thought the English voice acting was very good for the most part and it really didn't need to be replaced with the Japanese audio track, but I figured that if I'm going to play through Persona 4 for the third time I might as well try out the undub.

Phoenix Gamma Apr 14th, 2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Blaze (Post 624454)
I figured that if I'm going to play through Persona 4 for the third time I might as well try out the undub.

Christ, and I thought I powered through the game enough as it was. You guys are crazy.

I think I'll start up P3FES. I didn't try the new Journey yet, so that'd be a good excuse to replay the main story.

OxBlood Apr 15th, 2009 04:19 PM

Soo...after finishing Persona 4 last week...or was it the week before, playing through Fatal Frame 2 too and finishing Digital Devil Saga 1 this morning, I went on to play DDS2. And wonder oh wonder, the second part has the 60hz-Mode the first one was missing (meaning we Europeans get punished by squeezed image-size and 20% slower games, I HATE that, it´s the way we had to play FF10, listening to the english Dub while reading german subtitels that were based off the original japanese Dub. Disgusting).

darkvare Apr 15th, 2009 09:34 PM

i reinstaled ut 2004 and still love it i think the only rpg i have played more than once is mario rpg i have beat it like 9 times is addictive and only beaten culex once

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2009 10:27 PM

Castle Crashers, and it's fun as hell :D

Emu Apr 16th, 2009 09:16 AM

What's your gamertag, we'll beat up some guys

M. Blaze Apr 16th, 2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 624782)
And wonder oh wonder, the second part has the 60hz-Mode the first one was missing (meaning we Europeans get punished by squeezed image-size and 20% slower games, I HATE that, itīs the way we had to play FF10, listening to the english Dub while reading german subtitels that were based off the original japanese Dub. Disgusting).

Does the European version of Persona 4 have the 60 Hz mode? The lack of that was the one thing that bothered me about the PAL release of P3 FES, it felt like you were moving in slow motion compared to the US version (and with good reason, because you actually are moving in slow motion in 50 Hz mode). As for FFX, I tried the undubbed version of that as well (it's based on the Japanese FFX International and has English text, and of course my old saves from the PAL version don't work)... and Tidus is just as much of an asshat in Japanese as he is in the English dub.

Angryhydralisk Apr 16th, 2009 11:02 AM

Star Fox: Command. Three years old but this game is pretty fun! I've never laughed at video game dialogue that much until playing this. Especially all the Falco hate and everything he yammers out.

Mainly waiting for Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and a couple other DS games. Considering GTA: Chinatown Wars.

OxBlood Apr 16th, 2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Blaze (Post 624880)
Does the European version of Persona 4 have the 60 Hz mode? The lack of that was the one thing that bothered me about the PAL release of P3 FES, it felt like you were moving in slow motion compared to the US version (and with good reason, because you actually are moving in slow motion in 50 Hz mode). As for FFX, I tried the undubbed version of that as well (it's based on the Japanese FFX International and has English text, and of course my old saves from the PAL version don't work)... and Tidus is just as much of an asshat in Japanese as he is in the English dub.

I don´t think it has a 60hz Mode, no...I don´t remember switching to it, but I DO remember comparing Chie´s hopping-speed (her idle animation in battle) and it looked quite a lot faster in all those Youtube videos...about 20% faster and there we go: Bad Pal-ization.
BUT they didn´t touch the text and the voices. If there´s one thing that´s even worse than crappy Regionalization (is that a word by the way?), it´s german dubs. Augh, do we do a bad job dubbing things. If you want an example just look for the Halo 3-intro in german on youtube...it´s just utter Bullshit. Just leave english things in english dammit. It´s not atlantean or something complicated, anybody can (orshould) understand english.

And concerning Tidus...that Surfballguy is still about 3 Universes better than Vaan from FF12...stupid half-naked 4-year-old Shitkid.

Esuohlim Apr 16th, 2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 624877)
What's your gamertag, we'll beat up some guys

It's on a friend's Xbox. I'm mooching :(

M. Blaze Apr 17th, 2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 624949)
I donīt think it has a 60hz Mode, no...I donīt remember switching to it, but I DO remember comparing Chieīs hopping-speed (her idle animation in battle) and it looked quite a lot faster in all those Youtube videos...about 20% faster and there we go: Bad Pal-ization.

Well, crud. I can't believe it's still that hard to include the freaking 60 Hz mode in PS2 games in the year 2009. Even the Dreamcast had 60 Hz mode in pretty much every game (at least all the ones I've got have it) and that system has been dead since 2001, so why do we still have to suffer from poor PAL conversions of PS2 games? Perhaps they think it's not worth the extra effort or something...

Quote:

If thereīs one thing thatīs even worse than crappy Regionalization (is that a word by the way?), itīs german dubs. Augh, do we do a bad job dubbing things. If you want an example just look for the Halo 3-intro in german on youtube...itīs just utter Bullshit.
Halo 3 in German? That sounds like it might have quite a bit of unintentional comedy potential... thankfully most games don't get dubbed here in Finland. I've only really seen it with Disney games and some other casual/family titles as well as some PS3 games that wouldn't need it at all (Resistance 2 in Finnish sounds... well, embarrassing, thankfully you can at least change the system language to English to get the original voices).

Quote:

And concerning Tidus...that Surfballguy is still about 3 Universes better than Vaan from FF12...stupid half-naked 4-year-old Shitkid.
That goes without saying. Apparently Basch was supposed to be the playable main character in FF XII, but Square-Enix decided that the series needed more annoying teenage protagonists.

OxBlood Apr 17th, 2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Blaze (Post 625114)
Well, crud. I can't believe it's still that hard to include the freaking 60 Hz mode in PS2 games in the year 2009. Even the Dreamcast had 60 Hz mode in pretty much every game (at least all the ones I've got have it) and that system has been dead since 2001, so why do we still have to suffer from poor PAL conversions of PS2 games? Perhaps they think it's not worth the extra effort or something...

Halo 3 in German? That sounds like it might have quite a bit of unintentional comedy potential...

Apparently they think flickering slowmotion-games are good enough for those 20 or MAYBE 30 gamers here in the old world. ;)

And almost anything can be quite...comedic in german, but that´s because we have a stupid dubbing-situation here. You either take one of those 20 really good voice-actors, like the german voices of Bruce Willis or Johnny Depp for example. Problem there is that they voice SO many people it get´s annoying to hear them. Also, they don´t dub games very often to begin with. The other way is to use one of the other 40 VOs we have.
And they all suck. They suck ass. Through a straw. They don´t know what voice-acting is about, how to work with your voice, hell even I could do that a lot better, simply because I can emulate certain emotions in my voice. Even that simple task seems to be too much for those guys. That´s why I´m really, really glad that they don´t dub too many games here and if they do, they keep the original voices on the disc in many cases.

By the way, wasn´t Finnish one of the hardest and most complicated languages on the planet? ;) I guess, you´re lucky to be Finnish then :).
But as I always say, it´s good not to be a native english-speaker since it grants you an additional language - your own. Nothing against english, it´s a great language, but I think it´s a waste if you´re a native english-speaking person since it´s so easy to learn and then you´re one language short...I guess the chinese have it best. Those or any native spanish-speaker. *shrugs*

M. Blaze Apr 17th, 2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 625136)
By the way, wasnīt Finnish one of the hardest and most complicated languages on the planet? ;)

Yeah, pretty much. There is a whole lot of complicated grammar-related stuff and other interesting nuances to remember, making it especially tough to learn for foreigners, and a lot of it isn't clear to native speakers either (although I'm quite sure that last bit applies to just about every language).

Back on topic for a while... I downloaded OutRun Online Arcade from Xbox Live last night. Simply awesome, totally worth 800 MS points. I especially like the 15 minute OutRun Mode where you go through every single stage... put on "Magical Sound Shower", hop into the Testarossa (just like the old days) and go on a beautiful journey (and watch out for Sega cameos such as the dragon from Panzer Dragoon). I love OutRun.

OxBlood Apr 18th, 2009 05:09 AM

Oh, just 800? Gotta check it out then :) AFTER I play through DDS2 *put on Audiobooks and gets back to the grind*

Dr. Boogie Apr 18th, 2009 10:15 PM

Too Human.

Who thought it would be a good idea to have a range-oriented class have to deal with scores of enemies that are immune to ranged attacks?

MetalMilitia Apr 18th, 2009 10:23 PM

STALKER: Clear Sky and Mirror's Edge. Clear Sky is my favourite - I'd forgotten how much I like the STALKER world. Mirror's Edge isn't bad either.

I've also started Killzone 2 but aside from it's brilliant graphics and scripted events it has done little to grab my attention. I think my main beef with it is that it feels really horrible to play. The controls are so unresponsive and difficult to use. Why would anyone play FPSs on a console?

Microshock Apr 19th, 2009 12:22 AM

I suggest upping the sensitivity, and I've never had the problem you had but in multiplayer, they had a patch for the control problems some people had, not in sp though.

darkvare Apr 19th, 2009 01:07 AM

i just finished the simpsons game for ds new super mario bros and gta chinatown wars all good game specially gta, for some reason someone removed grand theft scratchy and medal of homer parodies from the ds version :(

Phoenix Gamma Apr 20th, 2009 12:33 AM

Installed Braid awhile ago. 'sall right. Graphics and music are nice, but the actual platforming engine bugs me (wall collision is annoying as fuck, jumping felt kinda off, etc.).

Stuck in worlds 5 and 6 right now.

EDIT: Just beat it. Pretty fun, but it's got to be the most pretentious game I've ever played in my entire life. Oh well.

Sam Apr 20th, 2009 02:35 PM

Just got my DSi and I've been playing Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics whatever the fuck it's called A2.

OxBlood Apr 20th, 2009 04:20 PM

Okay, DDS2´s finished (great Story by the way) - onward to Shadow Hearts 1, 2 and maybe even 3. Can´t play another SMT-Game right now...