I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

VaporTrailx1 Sep 18th, 2008 12:54 AM

Symphony of the Night. That's definitely in my top 10, right behind Super Metroid.

Dimnos Sep 18th, 2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 579949)
Just got to the inverted castle in Symphony of the Night.

Jesus Christ. One castle was big enough.

Just think when your done with the inverted castle you get to do it ALL over again as Richter :lol

Emu Sep 18th, 2008 12:33 PM

Richter's is a lot easier IMO. I just wish he got equipment like Alucard does :<

Phoenix Gamma Sep 18th, 2008 12:48 PM

I was like "this'll be easy I have the best equips at my disposal".

I didn't take into account that maybe the enemies would be stronger too. This isn't as fast as I had planned :(

Also, I just downloaded Aladdin for the Super Nintendo. Holy fuck, this game is still fun. It just feels so acrobatic, and pulling off all sorts of crazy leaps and shit is badass. Now I want to watch the movie...

Jeff The Ninja Sep 18th, 2008 03:13 PM

TNA Impact!

God, i suck.

Fathom Zero Sep 18th, 2008 05:40 PM

I'mma go to GameCrazy and pick up another 13 month Gold Live pass as well as some 360 game. Or maybe I'll just get points. Yeah, that's what I think I'll do.

And a mic.

MarioRPG Sep 18th, 2008 08:44 PM

Harvest Moon: Back To Nature

I heard it was like 64 (my first of the series) and had to try it. I'm pretty damn pleased with it. :D

LordSappington Sep 18th, 2008 11:52 PM

I expected SotN to be a lot longer and better. It was still great, but some stuff just got old quick, like constantly being lost.
Also, Max is a useless piece of shit, and xbox should disown him.

VaporTrailx1 Sep 18th, 2008 11:57 PM

lost? it has an automapper.

LordSappington Sep 19th, 2008 12:24 AM

It doesn't tell you where to go, though. Jeez. How was I supposed to know which route I HAD to take to complete the game?

Guitar Woman Sep 19th, 2008 12:33 AM

Generally in Metroid style games there's only one or two paths open, and using them yields an item that lets you open up a blocked path in a previous location. Rinse, repeat, etc. Doesn't SotN also have a linear plot? So, if you're getting cutscenes, you're going the right way.

I'm sort of regretting getting Stalker. It's completely broken as fuck, like THQ just went in halfway through development and went "uh guys we're releasing this now ok"

I was instructed to download and install Oblivion Lost, which apparently fixes a lot of the vanilla release, but all I got was a folder with nonsense files and a readme that pretty much just says "lol now u have to install it"

The AI's really not too bright, either. I holed myself up in a barracks on a military research center and sat adjacent to the door while nearly everyone on the compound obediently shuffled into the room like shooting gallery ducks. There is a neat pile of bodies in the corner.

The game's still pretty fun, but there's a lot of wasted potential, here.

One of my favorite amusements involves stirring up alarm in a moderately sized enemy camp, sprinting away, and then hunting anyone who comes after me like an animal.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 19th, 2008 02:29 AM

If there's a part of the map that isn't blocked off with a white wall, I say "Oh, I haven't explored all of that area yet" and investigate. If there are spots missing on my map, I just try and fill them.

Dimnos Sep 19th, 2008 11:09 AM

I have gone back to playing CoD4 on xbox live.

VaporTrailx1 Sep 19th, 2008 02:08 PM

I have'nt played Xbox live in a while. Have'nt had time. For some reason I'm still paying for it though.

LordSappington Sep 20th, 2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 580251)
If there's a part of the map that isn't blocked off with a white wall, I say "Oh, I haven't explored all of that area yet" and investigate. If there are spots missing on my map, I just try and fill them.

I had a shitload of walls like that that I still couldn't get to, because I didn't have the right tool. Add in terrible memory of which ones I'd tried, and I was very pissed off.

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 20th, 2008 12:53 AM

Don't be such a pussy.

Neen Sep 20th, 2008 01:16 AM

At least you get a map.

I think the only reason I beat the original Metroid was by memorizing the general layout of Zero Mission.

pac-man Sep 20th, 2008 01:25 AM

Back in my day we had to walk 20 miles in the snow just to play a video game.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 20th, 2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neen (Post 580470)
At least you get a map.

I think the only reason I beat the original Metroid was by memorizing the general layout of Zero Mission.

What you were supposed to do back then was draw maps, like in the old school RPGs and shit. You get some graph paper and map that shit.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 20th, 2008 02:38 PM

Try Phantasy Star 1 and then I want to hear you complain about SOTN. Not only did I have to draw out elaborate maps, whenever you went into a dungeon it became 1st person. So it you turned left twice you would turn around. ANNOYING! SOTN's map was a godsend for games.

pac-man Sep 20th, 2008 02:49 PM

And saving your game? Bah, humbug! Back in my day we had passwords, dag gummit! Unnecessarily long passwords with hundreds of different symbols!

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 20th, 2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 579996)
Richter's is a lot easier IMO. I just wish he got equipment like Alucard does :<

Richter's a lot faster for beating the game, but have you tried going through the clock tower or beating Galamoth?

Guitar Woman Sep 20th, 2008 04:33 PM

You guys are acting like SotN is the first time a game had a map in the entire history of open ended adventure

Phoenix Gamma Sep 20th, 2008 04:36 PM

There's a giant yellow/green monster thing with a rod that shoots lightning for 66 damage per hit. It hits at least three times, if not six. Even with the Lightning Mail, some attacks still do full damage.

Fuck this boss. Death went down like a little bitch, but I have to use every healing item I have and still can't beat generic Mr. Monster Boss.

EDIT:

Quote:

Try Phantasy Star 1 and then I want to hear you complain about SOTN. Not only did I have to draw out elaborate maps, whenever you went into a dungeon it became 1st person. So it you turned left twice you would turn around. ANNOYING! SOTN's map was a godsend for games.
I'm playing the remastered PSP version. The game wasn't really meant for portable outings, so when I need to put it away, I'll have to put it in sleep mode since the save points are further apart than the DS games. Also, I've played Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2. I know first person RPGs, and there's a reason normal developers stopped making them.

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 20th, 2008 04:51 PM

That's Galamoth.