I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Jan 9th, 2009 09:52 PM

The last bit? Yeah, scared me. And I didn't see the "what was really happening with Issac" thing until they brought it out and then I was like, "YEAH!" Maybe it's 'cause I really didn't give two shits about the plot until then.

King Hadas Jan 9th, 2009 10:24 PM

When that lady first starts accusing Hammond of with holding information I thought the story was going to be generic as hell but it didn't turn out to bad.

I was saying the game had no replayability earlier but thinking about it now they're actually a few good reasons to play through it again; I didn't get to mess around much with all the different weapons cause I kept spending all my money on those damn Power Nodes, I kept hearing this "DA DA DA!!" sound effect indicating something spooky had happened while I was looking for boxes to stomp on (I wonder if those things were suppose to look like Xboxs) I'm still not sure if that was just background music or if I really missed something, and there was still hard mode to go through.

It's to bad I rented it and already took it back but I have yet to see a game worth paying sixty bucks for.

Big McLargehuge Jan 10th, 2009 02:49 PM

splitting my time between Planescape:torment and Fallout 2

Microshock Jan 10th, 2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 607073)

It's to bad I rented it and already took it back but I have yet to see a game worth paying sixty bucks for.

LittleBigPlanet is good for 60 , so is Resistance 2.
I've been playing both lately and also Burnout Paradise, i can't wait for those legendary cars to come out

Fathom Zero Jan 10th, 2009 05:20 PM

My buddy's got a huge hard-on for Planescape.

WE DID GOOD, SAM.

Big McLargehuge Jan 10th, 2009 05:32 PM

i got it at a thrift store for 75 cents :0

Sam Jan 10th, 2009 06:02 PM

LEFT 4 DEAD WITH FATHOM ZERO AND BURNOUT PARADISE! :o

Skulhedface Jan 11th, 2009 03:21 AM

Right now, I'm juggling several things:

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (DS)
Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3)

I keep moving backand forth between these four, and I've probably run the battery down on both my portables from never actually shutting them off.

Fathom Zero Jan 11th, 2009 12:16 PM

I don't think Expert was ready for us, Sam.

Nick Jan 11th, 2009 09:53 PM

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Bully
Dead Space
Earth Defense Force 2017
Fallout 3
Left4Dead
The Rise of the Argonauts
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Proven Ground

Zhukov Jan 12th, 2009 11:15 AM

I'm trying to get into Left 4 Dead multiplayer, and it looks like it would be a really fun game, but unfortunately I'm not very good, and letting my team down time and time again isn't a very appealing prospect.

Dimnos Jan 12th, 2009 02:17 PM

The original Fallout on gametap for free! Woo Hoo! :rock

Phoenix Gamma Jan 12th, 2009 06:09 PM

Anyone play Spelunky? It's a freeware PC game made by Derek Yu (dude who made I'm O.K. for Jack Thompson's challenge). He describes it as a mix between La Mulana and Nethack, and it's pretty good.

Basically, you're this Indiana Jones-y dude, and you need to collect gold and find an exit, but here, there are different elements to mix up the random dungeons. You can kill a merchant and steal his stuff, or you can try to take it and run. After, you become a wanted man, so all of the merchants want to kill you. Then there are different booby traps you need to disarm and stuff. Lots of stuff to do.

Persona 4 is finally winding down, too. I'm 60 hours in and near the end of the game. I think. Last game took 80 hours, so we'll see.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 12th, 2009 06:37 PM

Finally tried left 4 dead and it's awesome. I've only played a few scenarios so far and have to get used to other weapons besides the shotgun. We've only played on the normal setting so far.

Sam Jan 14th, 2009 08:15 PM

I just got Sam and Max for the Wii so I guess I'll be playing that. I haven't played Wii since Super Smash Brothers came out. :(

darkvare Jan 14th, 2009 10:21 PM

i just played and finished shadow of the colossus today not as great as everyone says imo

bigtimecow Jan 14th, 2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 607961)
I just got Sam and Max for the Wii so I guess I'll be playing that. I haven't played Wii since Super Smash Brothers came out. :(

be prepared for major slowdowns and some continuity problems :(

Fathom Zero Jan 15th, 2009 01:49 AM

Just bought Soldner X: Himmelsturmer of the Playstation Store and having a grand-ole time in this German shmup. It's nice to see that almost all games getting released nowadays have trophies.

OOH, I'm also playing Crash Commando! It's like Liero X with vehicles!

OxBlood Jan 15th, 2009 04:45 AM

Ah Söldner X...it´s hillarious, what kind of stupid german samples they used ^^ I also love the funny german accent the english voice-samples have. The game itself is fine up to stage...3 I think. After that it get´s really bad. They ignored almost all rules for shmups.

Fathom Zero Jan 15th, 2009 07:50 AM

Like I said, it's a western shmup and I wouldn't expect it to be like Ikaruga or something like that.

OxBlood Jan 15th, 2009 09:30 AM

Yeah but there are certain things that you just don´t do, when you create such a game. Like the movement of the enemies, the layout of the levels...things like that have to follow specific ways of design. Or should.

Microshock Jan 15th, 2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 608018)
Just bought Soldner X: Himmelsturmer of the Playstation Store and having a grand-ole time in this German shmup. It's nice to see that almost all games getting released nowadays have trophies.

OOH, I'm also playing Crash Commando! It's like Liero X with vehicles!

Every game in 2009 has to have trophies. I just want to get Flower and Fat Princess before i start getting other titles on the PSN.

Linger in Shadows is...pretty weird, you should try it out, only 3 bucks and like 5 silver trophies for doing 6 minutes of gameplay

darkvare Jan 15th, 2009 09:51 PM

so trophys are like the ps3 achivements?

Kilgore Cod Jan 15th, 2009 10:06 PM

I finally finished Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia. Dracula is a cheating bastard >:

Next up: possibly Left 4 Dead, assuming I ever get around to hooking up the 360 to my tv again.

Sam Jan 16th, 2009 12:01 AM

I haven't even touched Sam and Max because I've been in a leaderboard battle with my buddy in Geometry Wars 2. :(