I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos May 14th, 2010 10:41 AM

OxBlood May 14th, 2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 685570)
Yeah, it's dumb to make yourself an archer. You can deck out Lelianna to be a badass archer and she ends up being a really useful support member with stuff like critical shot (or whatever the fuck it's called) and scattershot. With this game, you kinda need to look at your party members and plan your character around them. On my first playthrough, I was a tank, and I kept getting rolled because I didn't have any variety in my team until the end.

I know, I know. But I donīt wanna use Lelianna which is not effective since sheīs a decent archer and the primary idiot that wastes skillpoints on lockpicking...just donīt want to carry her around.
The whole game wouldīve been much better with decent and fun skills, not these boring-ass D&D stuff...never really got into the whole thing because of that...I prefer to play ONE character instead of babysitting a whole pack of guys that only survive because of synergistic effects...but then again, Iīm not a friend of tactial planning to begin with, I prefer to just...kill the shit out of Ogres and Dragons :D

Maybe Iīll just switch to easy difficulty and see if itīs more fun then :lol

And before you ask, yes, Iīm a terrible tank in MMORPGs...like to heal though :\

DougClayton4231 May 14th, 2010 01:42 PM

I used Leliana as a backup warrior. Morrigan and the other mage lady carried the team though :P.

I've resigned to giving Sheva a shotgun and assault rifle to at least make her semi effective. I just ordered a replacement fan and dvd drive shock absorber for my 360 because it sounds like a 747 and I don't want it to e74 or rrod on me again :lol.

Dimnos May 14th, 2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 685610)
I've resigned to giving Sheva a shotgun and assault rifle to at least make her semi effective.

WRONG! She is only going to waste your ammo.

DougClayton4231 May 14th, 2010 03:38 PM

I don't use either gun so HA! Just got through playing Action 52 on the Sega Genesis. I dare you to play through it without ragequitting before you play all of them.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 14th, 2010 03:56 PM

How do you not use the shotgun?

I BLOW HOLES IN FOOLS WITH THE HYDRA OR M3.

darkvare May 14th, 2010 04:23 PM

i'm playing xmen origins wolverine i have re 5 on ps3 if anyone wants to play

Zomboid May 14th, 2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 685593)
I know, I know. But I donīt wanna use Lelianna which is not effective since sheīs a decent archer and the primary idiot that wastes skillpoints on lockpicking...just donīt want to carry her around.
The whole game wouldīve been much better with decent and fun skills, not these boring-ass D&D stuff...never really got into the whole thing because of that...I prefer to play ONE character instead of babysitting a whole pack of guys that only survive because of synergistic effects...but then again, Iīm not a friend of tactial planning to begin with, I prefer to just...kill the shit out of Ogres and Dragons :D

Maybe Iīll just switch to easy difficulty and see if itīs more fun then :lol

And before you ask, yes, Iīm a terrible tank in MMORPGs...like to heal though :\

Yeah, I was the same way when I started playing it; I didn't really give a shit about any of the tactics and kinda just expected it to be like Knights of the Old Republic, but it was way too hard to play through it with that mentality.

All you need to do is set up a few key characters a certain way, and it should be much easier. I had Morrigan in my party for like 85% of the game. She was just that effective.

DougClayton4231 May 14th, 2010 08:05 PM

Trying the new Prince of Persia and Red Dead Revolver tonight. I'll tell you how it goes.

bigtimecow May 15th, 2010 12:51 AM

oops double post

edit: wtf i guess my phone fucked up, here's what it was supposed to say

i just got my ps3 back so i'm just dicking around in infamous trying to get the last few trophies

any suggestions on good psn downloads? (ps1 classics or ps3, whatever)

Tadao May 15th, 2010 12:54 PM

where?

OxBlood May 15th, 2010 12:55 PM

Got my hands on Alan Wake and my 3D Dot Game Heroes arrived too today...much to do before RDR is released...

darkvare May 15th, 2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 685670)
oops double post

edit: wtf i guess my phone fucked up, here's what it was supposed to say

i just got my ps3 back so i'm just dicking around in infamous trying to get the last few trophies

any suggestions on good psn downloads? (ps1 classics or ps3, whatever)

i have resident evil 2 silent hill and dino crisis i reccomend thosse if yo don't already own them

Dimnos May 15th, 2010 09:02 PM

I was wondering about the 3D Dot Game Heroes. How is it? As bad ass as Im thinking?

timrpgland May 16th, 2010 03:25 AM

Playing through Risen. Enjoying it.

Nick May 16th, 2010 06:13 AM

My state does not have a copy of 3D Dot Game Heros. I am sad.

OxBlood May 16th, 2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 685730)
I was wondering about the 3D Dot Game Heroes. How is it? As bad ass as Im thinking?

Pretty much yeah, you slash up monsters with your gigantic sword from the other side of the screen while listening to immensly cooly Retro-Tunes. You descend into the dangerous temples of Dotnia, hunting treasures like...THE GREEN ORB or...THE BLUE ORB! Because, well, Sages need orbs and youīre the hero so get to fucking adventurinī already :lol

Itīs a really nice game...now I just gotta design my own hero...or royal...or scholar since thereīs 3 different classes...but Iīm SO bad at designing things with an optical component...Iīm more the writer type guy...not in english of course ;)

The game is also full of lovely little hommages to other games like the king in the beginning who warns you that itīs dangerous to go alone and he wantīs you to...take this..."SWORD GET!"

Thereīs also the Atlus HQ with some people complaining about how hard one of their games is...something with demons apparently ;)

Why donīt they have 3D Dot at your place, Nick? Thatīs a crime, Iīm pretty sure of it!

DougClayton4231 May 16th, 2010 09:21 AM

Prince Of Persia TFS is pretty good. The controls feel a little stiff but that's because it was built off the AC engine. Otherwise, I really like it. RDR is aight. It just feels like GTA4 with horses though. At least there is customization. It is very similar to the whole Fallout 3>= Oblivion argument.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 16th, 2010 09:41 AM

Hopefully team battle on SSFIV today. Who's in?

Nick May 16th, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 685769)

Why donīt they have 3D Dot at your place, Nick? Thatīs a crime, Iīm pretty sure of it!

No idea, so I just ordered it from Gamestop with overnight shipping. :love

Sam May 16th, 2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 685776)
Hopefully team battle on SSFIV today. Who's in?

I AM THE TEAM.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 16th, 2010 03:22 PM

BRUDDA MERCEE

timrpgland May 16th, 2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 685788)
I AM THE TEAM.

Just like in Borderlands these days. AM I RIGHT???

Sam May 16th, 2010 04:13 PM

YEAH JUST LIKE IN BORDERLANDS WHICH I PLAY BY MYSELF SINCE SOME PEOPLE ARE TOO SELFISH.

timrpgland May 16th, 2010 05:01 PM

I haven't played it for any extended period for quite a while. Think I'm still 48. I haven't sat down and 'multiplayed' anything in the last couple months.