I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Grislygus Jan 27th, 2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Bass Ackwards is a captivating and consummately human film that reminds us that whatever we think the road is about; the trip is probably about something else.
Alternating between scripted action, improvisation, and the unpredictable spontaneity of vérité encounters, BASS ACKWARDS is the semi-autobiographical story of Linas Phillips, who stars as well as directs. Born of the imagination of Linas and his easy collaboration with old friends, costars, and co-conspirators Davie-Blue, Jim Fletcher, Paul Lazar, and Sean Porter, the film effortlessly and organically crosses the line between reality and fiction, incorporating the people and characters that Linas meets on an unscripted and adventurous ride across America.
The journey begins, as journeys often do, with an ending. Romantically bereft and a bit of a lost soul, Linas is seeking some kind of life change, and, already a documentarian, he is contemplating a personal road film as the antidote. What may have been a dark quest is quickly brightened through the introduction of “Shorty,” a 1969 Volkswagen van that Linas impulsively acquires early on. Shorty is not an ordinary van. Instead, as with most characters, places, and events in BASS ACKWARDS, it is beautifully imperfect. Cut out in the middle and welded back together, Shorty is an eccentric vehicle, the bizarre love child of Herbie (of Disney fame) and Pimp My Ride, with a small helping of Christine. An unlikely but charming traveling companion for Linas as he makes his way eastward from Seattle to Brooklyn, Shorty becomes the film's deliriously off-center sidekick.
As Linas Phillips and the BASS ACKWARDS filmmakers realize in their seat-of-the-pants continental odyssey, stories tell themselves. Traveling light and meeting an assortment of people who, as themselves, became featured players in the world we discover when we put aside our expectations, Linas, Shorty, and the small BASS ACKWARDS film crew have no day-to-day itinerary. Instead, their 10 days on the road bring them into contact with people and characters that are themselves living on the edge, feeling their way through lives that are sometimes rich, sometimes desperate, sometimes comic, and always real.
Stuck in Brooklyn as financing and schedules fall apart, challenges mount. But Shorty comes to the rescue, producing smiles and an unexpected ebullience that shines through the urban streets. In these moments, and throughout BASS ACKWARDS, Linas is reminded that you never really know what’s around the next turn, but it just might turn out to be great. Armed with little more than a rag-tag crew, a funky car, and the vague idea that hope can show up anytime, Linas and BASS ACKWARDS get down to a simple truth: our meaningful experiences aren’t always the ones we plan, or even the ones we think we want, but the ones that find their way into our lives and our souls. You’ll remember BASS ACKWARDS. We’ve all been there.

GEE AH WUNDER HOO WROTE THE WIKIPEEDA AHTICLE

I hate indie filmmakers

MarioRPG Jan 27th, 2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 669862)
i lost my avatar :(

The new one is much better!

Colonel Flagg Jan 27th, 2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 669862)
i lost my avatar :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 669984)
The new one is much better!

I agree w/Mario. It looks like lime sherbet with skittles mixed in. :p

Colonel Flagg Jan 27th, 2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 669878)

Look what Tadao found! :hypno

Zhukov Jan 27th, 2010 09:36 PM

I imagine that was sung by a cowboy.

Zhukov Jan 27th, 2010 09:38 PM

Uh...... disregard that nonsensical post

WhiteRat Jan 27th, 2010 11:47 PM

I would kill to somehow go back in time and take part in the Steve Garvey Billfish Classic.

Fathom Zero Jan 28th, 2010 07:16 AM

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/i..._media_maplink

Watch my town absolutely lose its shit in real time.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 28th, 2010 10:26 AM

Purple is no good right?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 28th, 2010 11:18 AM

The cast from Jersey Shore is going to be at club this friday. I really want to go wearing a shirt with a big red circle with a line and then an italian flag inside of it.

Fathom Zero Jan 28th, 2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 670047)
Purple is no good right?

Purple is the power color, it's been proven.

Tadao Jan 28th, 2010 11:42 AM

freezing rain sucks

WhiteRat Jan 28th, 2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 670051)
The cast from Jersey Shore is going to be at club this friday. I really want to go wearing a shirt with a big red circle with a line and then an italian flag inside of it.

See if you can motorboat Snooki's giant cans.

WhiteRat Jan 28th, 2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 670035)
http://www.weather.com/weather/map/i..._media_maplink

Watch my town absolutely lose its shit in real time.

You guys are a bunch of babies!

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Lindstrom+MN+55045

Tadao Jan 28th, 2010 12:48 PM

Pffft

http://www.weather.com/weather/today...rchbox_localwx

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 28th, 2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 670060)

Pffft, I was going to check mine it because it was snowy and cold today but you defnitely win.

WhiteRat Jan 28th, 2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 670063)
Pffft, I was going to check mine it because it was snowy and cold today but you defnitely win.

And like a true Minnesotan i'm going to be ice fishing all afternoon.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 28th, 2010 01:50 PM

That sounds like a pretty good time actually.

Guitar Woman Jan 28th, 2010 02:16 PM

Man, I hate school with a fucking passion.

Yo dawg, we heard you were a starving kid so we took all of your money and put you in a curriculum not designed to be passed by anyone without an epic meth habit

WhiteRat Jan 28th, 2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 670071)
Man, I hate school with a fucking passion.

Yo dawg, we heard you were a starving kid so we took all of your money and put you in a curriculum not designed to be passed by anyone without an epic meth habit

You some kind of retard?

Sam Jan 28th, 2010 04:09 PM

do you really have to ask? :rolleyes

Kitsa Jan 28th, 2010 04:37 PM

Had my kid. 8 lb 4 oz, 20 inches long. C-sections are pretty damn weird to experience...feels like being on the receiving end of that "psychic surgery" where the guy digs into you and pulls out chicken guts or whatever. It also feels remarkably like being disemboweled. The good news was that she was out of me in about 5 mins.

So we're all alive so far.

Shrubfest Jan 28th, 2010 04:41 PM

YEEEEAAAH!
Baby time!
Well done Kitsa Face.

Guitar Woman Jan 28th, 2010 05:33 PM

no, I just obviously need to develop a meth habit.

TIME TO JOIN THE I-MOCKERY OLD FOLKS CLUB, MOM

The Leader Jan 28th, 2010 05:40 PM

Congrats Kitsa!!! :O