I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 10:39 AM

Yeah. Well, theoretically there are "rednecks" everywhere, especially after the whole Jeff Foxworthy phenomenon that made it some sort of noble thing. I'm not sure what to call the rest, other than Walmart Enthusiasts.

Where I used to live, there was a radio show that featured a faux-redneck ranting about this and that. He referred to himself as "Uh-MURR-kin", so ever since I've been referring to Redneck-Americans as uh-MURR-kins.

I saw a documentary that claimed "redneck" came from the red bandannas worn by West Virginian men who took it upon themselves to defend families from anti-union intimidators. But I don't know.

I'm also familiar with Pikeys and Culchies. :P

Colonel Flagg May 26th, 2009 10:40 AM

Back when I lived in the city, we called them ventmen.

Zhukov May 26th, 2009 10:44 AM

Well, I always figured that red-neck had something to do with working out on the farm all day and getting a sunburnt neck.

COULD BE WRONG.

Colonel Flagg May 26th, 2009 10:44 AM

(to the tune "would you like to wish on a star"):

Oh would you like to sleep on a vent?
Never work and never pay rent.
And complain about the government -
Or would you rather drag a bag?

This brought back some crazy-ass memories...

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 10:47 AM

When I think of vents, I think of the ones in Chicago that blasted hot air up from the trains and smelled somewhere halfway between Campbell's soup and diseased shit. :(

I have some good memories of Chicago life, but that wasn't one.

I'll be back later, got a friend's birthday lunch to attend.

Womti May 26th, 2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 629818)
Never work and never pay rent.

no, but I bet YOU would :\

Dimnos May 26th, 2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 629817)
Well, I always figured that red-neck had something to do with working out on the farm all day and getting a sunburnt neck.

This is what I always thought it was.

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 02:51 PM

What I got was from some discovery/history/learning channel show about the history of rednecks. But then on wikipedia I don't see much about the red-bandanna army, so who knows.

Dimnos May 26th, 2009 02:56 PM

REDNECK

–noun 1.an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South.2.a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class.
–adjective 3.Also,red-necked. narrow, prejudiced, or reactionary: a redneck attitude.

:lol This was actually on dictionary.com

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 03:05 PM

So this restaurant I went to for lunch...one of the fanciest and most expensive in the area, right?

- A long blonde hair in the bread basket.

- A short black hair wrapped in the napkin with my silverware.

- A hair of unknown etiology in my sandwich (I spit it into the napkin and didn't look, I about puked).

Ugh.

Tadao May 26th, 2009 03:26 PM

I hate fancy restaurants. I like the little crappy ones who need my business.

Pub Lover May 26th, 2009 03:26 PM

Hair falls out? Quick! Wash your hands!

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 03:32 PM

Hair falls out. Most people can either wear something over it or glance at the food and pick a hair out of it before it goes to the customer.

I hate finding hair in food. It makes me gag. I'm so paranoid about it that I scrub the kitchen every time I cook... shower, change my clothes, and even put cake batter through a sieve to get out any hairs or pieces of eggshell.

But at least there isn't any hair in my fucking food.

Pub Lover May 26th, 2009 03:37 PM

What happens if you're using your fucking food and it gets in your hair?

Do you have to start over? Do you carry on but can't climax?

Tadao says you're not shaven, but I think that is a route you should explore.

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 03:42 PM

Your trolling is getting really clumsy.

So what do you do when you find a hair in food at a restaurant? Do you gobble it down to prove to everyone how hardcore you are?

Dimnos May 26th, 2009 03:44 PM

Pub probably brings his own hair to add to other peoples food when he goes out.

Pub Lover May 26th, 2009 03:50 PM

I was pondering the prowess of my trolling after that post as well. ;)

I don't go outside, Guys. How can I go to restaurants? :rolleyes

When I get hairs in food I put it to the side of my plate and finish my meal. I have been called gross for this, but it is because I am really cheap and refuse to waste food. :x

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 03:52 PM

I'm too fat anyway so I just didn't finish the sandwich.

Dr. Boogie May 26th, 2009 08:07 PM

It's an excuse not to go back to an expensive restaurant.

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 08:14 PM

The restaurant wasn't my choice anyway, it was more something I went along with to make someone else happy. So no problem with me if we never return.

Last time they assured me a dessert had no honey in it, I ate the dessert, then my throat closed up and I had to medicate for an allergic reaction. I checked their website and, sure enough, "honey butter". I vowed never to return after that, but certain insistent parties overrode my decision :(

10,000 Volt Ghost May 26th, 2009 09:06 PM

Hairs in food at restaurants aren't always bad things. They sometimes equal free steaks and gift cards.

Dr. Boogie May 26th, 2009 09:12 PM

You went back to a restaurant after they lied about what's in their food?

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 09:14 PM

I don't think it was a lie so much as the server was a dingbat and pulled the "oh, I'm sure it doesn't have honey" easy out.

Dimnos May 26th, 2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 629900)
Last time they assured me a dessert had no honey in it, I ate the dessert, then my throat closed up and I had to medicate for an allergic reaction. I checked their website and, sure enough, "honey butter". I vowed never to return after that, but certain insistent parties overrode my decision :(

Wait... you went back after this? :confused: I have to say this last trip was a huge success after last time. If they keep this up you better go back for a third time, I bet they put Emeril out of business.

Dr. Boogie May 26th, 2009 09:18 PM

I'm sure he would've been quite embarrassed if you had died right there. Talk about a faux pas.