I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Aaarg Oct 1st, 2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 651174)
I love how all the money in the world is poured into making people aware of breast cancer, yet I'd wager that not a tenth of that amount would go to actual research.

Finally someone else gets it. My aunt has been all about pink ribbon shit since my mom got BC in 2000.

I just want to tell her that it would be a much better idea for her to just write a fucking check to the ACS instead of buying pink ribbon notebooks and pink ribbon sweaters and pink ribbon car magnets and pink ribbon pens and pink ribbon fucking dildos.

Especially because she's a raging bitch. One time while visiting with my parents at our other house, she was talking about some piece of decor and she said "I get this when you're gone." She said that shit, to my mom's face. She said that to a terminally ill person. My mom just said "well shit, I ain't dead yet!"

This is also the woman who, when my grandmother died, lumped all of her stuff together (including old books, clothes, and fucking photographs) to throw away.

Dimnos Oct 1st, 2009 01:59 PM

A friend of mine told his terminally ill aunt last night that it was just god calling her home.

Tadao Oct 1st, 2009 02:05 PM

That's one painful call.

stevetothepast Oct 1st, 2009 02:06 PM

A long distance call.

Dixie Oct 1st, 2009 02:10 PM

always check caller id before answering

Pub Lover Oct 1st, 2009 02:31 PM

Guys, guys, guys. Hugs and stuff. <3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 651185)
That looks impossible read.

I am saddened by how easily bad formating leads to a TL:DR from me. I didn't even focus on the first word before giving up.

Aaarg Oct 1st, 2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 651190)
A friend of mine told his terminally ill aunt last night that it was just god calling her home.

auugh fuck religion and fuck people for saying stupid shit.

Kitsa Oct 1st, 2009 03:33 PM

There's no "finally" about it...many, many cancer patients fucking hate ribbons. Think Before You Pink is a good example. I fucking hate going into a grocery store in October and everyone's just packaged shit in a pink box to exploit the breast cancer frenzy.

Last year I wore a shirt that said, "I'm confused...was someone FOR breast cancer?"

Edit: I also altered a roll of "pink ribbon" wrapping paper and crossed out all the pink ribbons with a sharpie, then used that for gifts that year.

stevetothepast Oct 1st, 2009 03:41 PM

I support pencils

Tadao Oct 1st, 2009 03:49 PM

Think before you ink.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2009 04:00 PM

I actually wear purple ribbons, not that anybody pays attention to them. Perhaps that's the purpose of creating awareness.

Kitsa Oct 1st, 2009 04:01 PM

I'm glad that the ribbon for brain tumors is gray (HA HA GRAY MATTER GET IT) and too ugly to be marketable.

Edit: As far as purple ribbons are concerned, they're one of those that has been appropriated for so many ailments that it'd be hard to tell what you were trying to raise awareness of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_ribbon

Tadao Oct 1st, 2009 04:05 PM

Sometimes I tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2009 04:05 PM

It's usually Domestic Violence. But yeah, I looked that up once and it was discouraging. :(

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 651218)
Sometimes I tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree.

I like that song.

Pub Lover Oct 1st, 2009 04:06 PM

What colour ribbon do I wear to remind everyone there is like a billion ways we can suffer and die at any moment? :(

Tadao Oct 1st, 2009 04:08 PM

rainbow

Kitsa Oct 1st, 2009 04:08 PM

Do as I do and just be a maypole.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2009 04:34 PM

a maypole of sadness

Kitsa Oct 1st, 2009 04:34 PM

also, if anyone said "I get this when you're gone", I'd do everything I could to make damn sure they didn't.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2009 04:38 PM

Yeah, I'm like that. My siblings aren't getting jack shit when I kick the bucket.

Hundreds of dollars stolen. HUNDREDS.

Dimnos Oct 1st, 2009 04:55 PM

They could have it.... After I shot a duce in it. :lol

Tadao Oct 1st, 2009 04:57 PM

I come from a well balanced family. I think even in the toughest times we'll still be more worried about each other rather than ourselves.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2009 05:00 PM

Fuck that, I hate most of them. The only people I could really give a damn about are my mom and some of her family.

Aaarg Oct 1st, 2009 05:24 PM

I saw this on a car once:

and started laughing immediately. RAISE AWARENESS FOR THE GREAT BASKETBALL TRAGEDY.

So after the Virginia Tech shooting, the store I was working at made ribbon pins from shit in the floral department and tried to sell them for 99 cents each (proceeds going to, um, the grocery department)--I was pissed because, seriously, fuck you.

Fuck ribbons.

Fuck awareness.

Want to know something else that pisses me off, on the topic?

"Save the Ta-tas."

I understand doing what you can to find humor in any situation, but fuck you.