I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Babs Nov 9th, 2012 11:08 PM

YA GOTTA CUT THE DEFICIT. CHAMPION SMALL BUSINESS. MINT ROMNEY.

kahljorn Nov 10th, 2012 03:57 AM

REDUCE GAS PRICES AND WASTEFUL SPENDING. I RAN A BIDNESS SO I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS. BAILLSOUTS ARE BAD. TEH ECONOMY NOT GOOD.

isnt bain capital just a business that basically does bailouts for failing companies? lol

Shrubfest Nov 10th, 2012 10:26 AM

I went to a rave. It's been nearly 4 years since I last went. It was wonderful.

Tadao Nov 10th, 2012 12:03 PM

Chojin Nov 10th, 2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 763601)
in a perfect world i would have voted for jill stein. i voted for obama because our system is fucked and a vote not for obama is a vote for romney.

I voted for stein. I think she got about 1,000 votes total in maryland, for 0.2%. I was considering Gary Johnson (who got at least 1% in most states), but I finally heard him debate and the guy wouldn't stop yelling. Billy Mays for president.

If you don't live in a swing state, you really should vote for whomever you actually like. For some reason most americans think the election is a horse race and you should only vote for the 2 people who are likely to win.

Babs Nov 10th, 2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 763638)
REDUCE GAS PRICES AND WASTEFUL SPENDING. I RAN A BIDNESS SO I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS. BAILLSOUTS ARE BAD. TEH ECONOMY NOT GOOD.

isnt bain capital just a business that basically does bailouts for failing companies? lol

"alternative assest investments" aka, this is how big the romney dick is...

dat be his lair

Chojin Nov 12th, 2012 06:06 PM

jesus christ.

Aaarg Nov 13th, 2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 763641)
If you don't live in a swing state, you really should vote for whomever you actually like. For some reason most americans think the election is a horse race and you should only vote for the 2 people who are likely to win.

i live in a swing state and it swung red this time :(

in the county in which i voted dem, the republicans won by 13,000 votes. shoulda voted for jill stein after all.

Kitsa Nov 13th, 2012 07:26 PM

I was politically matched with Jill Stein but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I thought, "there's no way in hell that she would actually win, so this would be taking a vote from one of the people who actually has a shot".

Idk. I thought the Obama-McCain race was bad, but this Obama-Romney race was flat out fucking psycho. It was the first time I was actually scared of someone, you know, slashing your tires for having the wrong sign in your yard. Maybe it was worse because it was Ohio. I usually stay safe in whatever group I'm with by not making my opinions known. Usually people want to believe, if they consider you in any way intelligent, that you think as they do.

Nick Nov 13th, 2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 763662)
jesus christ.

That's bad, but it barely even touches the tip of that shit pile.

Check out this shirt some moron printed out to pay tribute to his tumblr heroes.

The guy made it because he wanted to wear it around the office on casual Friday.

Guitar Woman Nov 13th, 2012 09:33 PM

I didn't vote.

Otto Nov 13th, 2012 09:50 PM

no votin club

MarioRPG Nov 14th, 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 763699)
I didn't vote.

And look what happened!>:

Nick Nov 14th, 2012 01:49 PM

my presidents black and my lambo's blue

Aaarg Nov 15th, 2012 09:30 AM

a co-worker commented on having a black president and i said "the way it should be!" and he told me i'm crazy and i told him he's a racist. ha ha ha h

Kitsa Nov 15th, 2012 11:54 AM

idk. I suppose it's racist to say that the president *should be* one color or another. "You go, prez" might have been less inflammatory. Or not.

I don't know, what I'm looking for in a president is someone who can be relied upon not to fuck up the major stuff, to not screw over the little guy, and to listen enough to nonpartisan advisors to keep a relatively level head.

Aaarg Nov 15th, 2012 12:18 PM

yeah, i've just grown to enjoy saying things that my idiot co-workers find unsettling. usually i just tell them about spiders/roaches. my new assistant manager is the type of doofus that thinks saying "that's what she said" all the time is hilarious, so now i beat him to it with "that's what he said." ok. aaarg out.

Tadao Nov 15th, 2012 08:05 PM

Have you tried not talking about spiders and getting it on with the ladies?

Esuohlim Nov 16th, 2012 12:01 AM

I didn't vote either but I'm not going to feel smug about it like some man child who thinks they're making a statement by not voting.

I actually planned on it but who the hell wants to wait in line for an hour to do anything? I went to bed at 7:00 instead. Like a grown man.

Kitsa Nov 16th, 2012 07:54 AM

I know that a lot of people are saying that voting is nonsense and the popular vote means nothing, etc etc etc, but if that were true, why do they spend millions upon millions campaigning? For about a two week stretch toward the end, my answering machine was full...literally FULL...of recorded messages from this celebrity or that, my mailbox was stuffed with ads from both sides, and the commercials didn't stop. If the popular vote meant nothing, why did they spend all that money?

Chojin Nov 16th, 2012 08:02 AM

because you live in one of the two states that matter in an election due to our busted system

Chojin Nov 16th, 2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 763751)
I actually planned on it but who the hell wants to wait in line for an hour to do anything?

tbh i mostly went so that i could vote yes to gay rights and for the feeling of superiority i'll get for the next 4 years when i tell people i voted 3rd party.

Kitsa Nov 16th, 2012 08:12 AM

See, if you told someone in Ohio you voted third party, they'd fucking knife you.

Aaarg Nov 16th, 2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 763746)
Have you tried not talking about spiders and getting it on with the ladies?

"ladies" where you live are different from "ladies" where i live.

regardless i have a lady at home and the spiders are technically hers and she likes getting it on so ummmmmmmmmmmm

i'm really not into women. not that i'm into men, i just don't like people.

Fathom Zero Nov 16th, 2012 11:55 AM

thass toothless country in aaargville

I don't blame him for not wanting to get it on.