I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 03:57 PM

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 03:57 PM

I'm starting to feel the same way about South Park now, but for an opposite reason. For about two or three years now I've had a "OK that was a good episode and all but I don't think I'll have the desire to see it ever again" feeling about South Park. This season so far though it's been "OK that sucked and I don't want to see it ever again" :(

South Park's becoming a real snooze as of late :(

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:00 PM

south park always sucked too, though :(

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:00 PM

dude i think i just hate tv idk

MetalMilitia Apr 15th, 2008 04:02 PM

Southpark is also very much like the Simpsons in that they've made so many episodes it's inevitably going to start sucking eventually.

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 04:03 PM

Are we even in the target audience for The Simpsons? Also, maybe South Park, but that one is a stretch.

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 549289)
dude i think i just hate tv idk

Yeah TV sucks >:

Since Arrested Development got cancelled I haven't found a single show that I'm eager to regularly watch. A friend of mine got me into Lost recently when we rented the first season but I hear even that's already starting to get gay

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:06 PM

I can't stand lost, my friends been watchin it online alot. It's the most boring, uneventful show i've ever seen. :(

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 04:07 PM

Lost only starting to get gay? HA!

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 549291)
Are we even in the target audience for The Simpsons? Also, maybe South Park, but that one is a stretch.

I think Simpsons used to be targetted for the 18-34 demographic. I cant imagine it still being that way though :(

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 549294)
Lost only starting to get gay? HA!

OK well I like it at least, more because of the characterization than the magical-spooky-island part of it. :(

I need to find a new good show to like. I'm considering starting up on the X-files :x

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:10 PM

I still watch SP religiously but it's seriously starting to get old. That and ATHF

but ill watch anything so what do i know

MetalMilitia Apr 15th, 2008 04:11 PM

The problem with Lost is there isn't an ending (I read they're planing 12 seasons), or rather anything which happens in the current episodes will likely have no bearing any the show's conclusion. It's also annoying to me how they're always attaching significance to stupid things; each episode is basically just a string of random events set to a discordant cello soundtrack to make people say "OHHH THIS IS SO MYSTERIOUS I WONDER WHAT THE REAL STORY IS" when the joke is there probably isn't one. If you look back at the previous major plot twists almost none of them have any significance.

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 549298)
(I read they're planing 12 seasons)

I hope not >:

MetalMilitia Apr 15th, 2008 04:14 PM

If people keep watching I'd be willing to bet it'll go on a good deal longer than that.

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:15 PM

everything you said was right, though. but you forgot that IT'S INCREDIBLY BORING AND ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE WUSSES BEYOND BELIEF

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:16 PM

Isn't it one of the most popular shows on right now?

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:16 PM

yeah people are dumb

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:18 PM

i dont see how they're gona stretch that mundane shit for 12 whole seasons

did walt ever find his kid or whatever and did they eat the fat guy to survive is all i wanna know

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 549296)
OK well I like it at least, more because of the characterization than the magical-spooky-island part of it. :(

I need to find a new good show to like. I'm considering starting up on the X-files :x

you should watch House M.D. if you havent already its a pretty good show

becker too

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:22 PM

last thing i saw was they had the baby again and they are all WE GOTTA START AN ARMY to defeat the bad guys.

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:22 PM

How come none of the girls get naked is what I want to know >:

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:23 PM

I haven't seen house in like a year, but it IS pretty good :O

MetalMilitia Apr 15th, 2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force (Post 549305)
i dont see how they're gona stretch that mundane shit for 12 whole seasons

That's the thing though. Because there is very little in the way of actual plot development they can keep going forever with stupid back-stories and sub-plots that supposedly "cleverly" link the characters together, which is fine... except for none of the relationships ever actually advance the major plot so it ends up being an exercise in pointlessness.

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force (Post 549306)
you should watch House M.D. if you havent already its a pretty good show

Every episode of House follows the same formula. MYSTERIOUS ILLNESS > FAILED ATTEMPT #1/WRONG DIAGNOSIS > BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD > FAILED ATTEMPT #2/WRONG DIAGNOSIS > BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD > "WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME" > SUDDEN EPIPHANY IN THE LAST 8 MINUTES OF THE SHOW > SUCCESS, HOUSE YOU'RE A GENIUS

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 04:27 PM

I watched the first season & two episode of the second. Once they seemed in no way interested in explaining any of the things of which they spent so long labouring the importance, I quit.

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 04:28 PM

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:30 PM

YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE JOKES, MILHOUSE

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 549314)
I watched the first season & two episode of the second. Once they seemed in no way interested in explaining any of the things of which they spent so long labouring the importance, I quit.

Saying that, I do like how House is mean to everyone.

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:32 PM

yes his dry sharp cutting british wit (sans cross-dressing) pub can back me up on dis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 549317)

see?

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 549317)

IT'S BECAUSE HE CARES! :eek

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 549316)
YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE JOKES, MILHOUSE

"A patient comes because she's sleeping 16 hours a day, and it takes ten doctors and a coma to diagnose sleeping sickness." :rolleyes

"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking." :rolleyes

"Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot." :rolleyes

"Oxygen is so important during those prepubescent years, don't you think?" :rolleyes

"Eighth time's the charm!" :lol

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:39 PM

SHUT UP IT'S BETTER THAN THE SIMPSONS

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 04:39 PM

I DONT WATCH TV THOUGH SO W/E >:

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:42 PM

I want a show that feels epic and has episodes that aren't stand-alone storylines :x

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 04:42 PM

But it has to be good >:

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:43 PM

id prefer house insulting me and questioning my sexual orientation than homer gettin into some zany hijinks and meeting the random guest star they dragged on there anyday

Seven Force Apr 15th, 2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 549325)
I want a show that feels epic and has episodes that aren't stand-alone storylines :x

there are story arcs and they are trying to revamp the cast and add new people, kumar is supposed to be there but ive only watched a few episodes of the 4th season so idk :/

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 05:06 PM

WHY DON'T YOU FUCKS GO OUT AND GET REAL LIVES RATHER THAN WATCHING TV, GODDAMN!

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 05:09 PM

:ROLLEYES

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 05:09 PM

I will right after this show is over :LOL

liquidstatik Apr 15th, 2008 05:14 PM

:LOL

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 549342)
:ROLLEYES

I don't need you to suggest my emoticons, Fag.

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 06:09 PM

Ugh, does anyone else think it was too obvious for the disk to hack the FBI?

WhiteRat Apr 15th, 2008 07:15 PM

I love shopping for Groceries at Wal-Mart.

Just kidding! I hate it with a passion but where else can I find low low low low low low prices and grotesquely obese women in motorized carts?

Fathom Zero Apr 15th, 2008 07:17 PM

Sweatpants and thonged sandals for everybody!

Guitar Woman Apr 15th, 2008 07:46 PM

so if I get an unbearable sore throat while smoking does that make me a pussy

also why do people like this, I could get the exact same taste from inhaling campfire smoke ;<

executioneer Apr 15th, 2008 07:55 PM

dont smoke cigarettes smoke weed :420 :blazin

Emu Apr 15th, 2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 549395)

also why do people like this, I could get the exact same taste from inhaling campfire smoke ;<

so this post just makes me think of that other post "things you wish you could tell your younger self" where every other post says "don't pick up that first cigarette"

Grislygus Apr 15th, 2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 549325)

I miss the West Wing :(

That was the only show I've ever watched that had me going out of my way to see new episodes

Grislygus Apr 15th, 2008 08:21 PM

:pagebrak

Fuckers shoulda had the balls to make Alan Alda president, though >:

Pub Lover Apr 15th, 2008 09:32 PM

Alan Alda playing a republican made him cry himself to sleep everynight. :(

Use your goddamn edit button to page break. >:

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 549402)
I miss the West Wing :(

See, the West Wing would be perfect if it weren't for the inconvenient fact that I don't give a shit about politics. :(

Esuohlim Apr 15th, 2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 549395)

Hell I imagine if I ever tried smoking I'd double over in coughing fits after the first puff. :wimp

Asila Apr 15th, 2008 11:26 PM

I just get a weird rush of adrenaline. YOU SHOULD TRY THE MENTHOLS I'LL BET THAT'LL HELP

Asila Apr 15th, 2008 11:33 PM

In the interest of my general affection for some of you, please don't smoke menthols or you will discover what inhaling asbestos feels like

Fathom Zero Apr 15th, 2008 11:46 PM

I really like cigars, GW's a fruit.

I've actually comme into contact with an Opus X.

Asila Apr 15th, 2008 11:46 PM

WILLIE

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 12:19 AM

Fathom: what are your favorite cigars? Well, I guess it'd be better to ask if you were to that point yet where you have favorites.

I think I'd had some "aromatics"* before then, but the first time I had a truly "good" cigar it was a Cuban Romeo y Julieta. I thought it was so good, even with no basis of comparison, that I kept buying the Dominican-made R&J's when I got back to the States. One time my cousin was watching an episode of CSI and they said "Dominican's are just as good" as if it were scientific fact that terroir has no effect on the tobacco leaf. If they'd said something similar about wine, half of Europe would probably have cut off diplomatic relations until the script writers had been executed.

*In my observation, the way you get a cigar snob who rejects the idea of a flavored cigar to smoke one is this: add $7 to the price and call it an "aromatic".

Guitar Woman Apr 16th, 2008 12:19 AM

I think I've mentioned the fact that I love cigars before, I'm glad we're in agreement on this.

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 12:26 AM

Oh shit, I guess you might know cigars if you talked about a $50 one. I wasn't trying to sound like a dick with "if you were to the point...", I just didn't know your vantage point.

I think the highest rated cigar I've had would have been the Cuban Montecristo I had my sister smuggle back, I think she paid around £12 UK but obviously it'd fetch a small fortune on the domestic black market.

While she was kind enough to get me one in an aluminum tubo, I didn't discover until the New Year's ball had dropped that she'd opened it for a preview smell and it needed to be re-humidified. Still, that was one powerful experience.

liquidstatik Apr 16th, 2008 12:35 AM

cigars are gross, dudes

Asila Apr 16th, 2008 12:38 AM

Seth, did you really like the Romeo y Julieta? I've seen that at the local supermarket and thought about trying it, but I don't know a lot about cigars so I never did.

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 01:00 AM

Yeah, I've at the very least grown comfortable buying them. Obviously they're not as good as the Cubans because the Dominican soil isn't as rich, but they still manage to fit in a great deal of flavor in a very well-crafted binding.

I'll justify my premium name-dropping with the fact that I really enjoy El Mejor maduros, for which I generally pay no more than $2 a cigar. The problem with them is that the wrapper falls apart as the maduro leaf soaks saliva much worse than any other cigar type I've noticed, so it begins to fall apart and look nasty/be a pain in the ass toward the end. When R&J started making maduros, as I prayed they would for years, I at first was amazed at how the better construction improved the maduro experience but every now and then I'll run into the same problem after having paid four times the price as the El Mejors (albeit with more subtle overtones added to the experience). For the distinctly Romeo y Julieta experience, I think that their Viejo line is the best in the American market. I've only seen, I think, their 1876 line in places other than good tobacconists, so I'd guess that's what you saw. It's a good line to be sure, but I'd recommend their others for the fact that once you begin talking about cigars that cost no less than $6 for a decent size, tacking on 50 cents makes a huge improvement. I guess that has to do with "if our name is on it, it shouldn't cost less than..." marketing, but I was impressed when someone pointed out to me that Arturo Fuente has some very good values right beside their super-premium lines. (Their Curly Top, or whatever misnomer they gave it, only costs like $2.50 at most tobacconists.)

ElPila666 Apr 16th, 2008 01:12 AM

i saw in movies that baseball players chew up tobacco, and they splited like gum, i wonder what it taste like

Asila Apr 16th, 2008 01:12 AM

So, if I was going to make the extra trip to a tobacconist, which cigar would be a good one to start out with?

Esuohlim Apr 16th, 2008 01:21 AM

Man I'm pretty depressed that John Linnell from They Might Be Giants can sing better than I can :(

I just recorded myself singing along to see if I can sing in tune and hahaha no. No I can't. >:

Guitar Woman Apr 16th, 2008 01:23 AM

I've got a nice singing voice, did I tell all y'all this

Esuohlim Apr 16th, 2008 01:24 AM

I would know if you would record yourself and post it on the internet for freaks like me to listen to >:

Esuohlim Apr 16th, 2008 01:27 AM

I can't even sing baritone because half the time it's too high ;_;

Guitar Woman Apr 16th, 2008 01:28 AM

I don't sing in front of people ;<

I'm sure I'd drive all the ladies crazy, though

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 01:28 AM

Well, I really don't know because that depends on all kinds of psychological analysis I can't do well over the internet.

If you want something basic and won't cost you a lot to introduce you into the world of cigars, I'd probably go with the Arturo Fuente I recommended because it's good, it's hand-made, and it's cheap. It will start you with a basis of comparison as you work your way upwards, if nothing else.

If you want to enter the world of cigars with the pomp and circumstance you'd expect from the next British monarchial coronation, then maybe get a $9 (or so, depending on the market around you) Acid 1 by Drew Estates. Drew Estates is the brand responsible for the trend I mentioned where you take a flavored cigar and re-market it, but their Acid 1 is distinctly marked as "non-aromatic" as opposed to everything else in their Acid line. I don't know why, since I can't imagine any of its flavors coming from any substance that wouldn't kill the tobacco plant outright, but it's literally a candy bar that you puff. It might give you a false impression of what a classicist's cigar would be like, since they're nothing in common, but it'll at least serve as a gateway into the art of burning money in the most literal sense possible without offending federal agencies*.

That being said, I'm the type who rotates between mere puffing and the "french inhale". If your lungs find out that you're smoking an Acid 1, it will punish you severely by connoitering with your stomach and causing you to throw up.

*Have I posted this picture of me in the past month? Maybe? It'll be a fine tie-in with my admonition to Gus about Scav Hunt as the 2008 list release is mere weeks away.

Esuohlim Apr 16th, 2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 549476)
I'm sure I'd drive all the ladies crazy, though

Oh yeah me too I start crooning like Barry White and I have to fight off the vagina with a stick

Chojin Apr 16th, 2008 01:29 AM

i smoke menthol cloves on occasion!

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 01:32 AM

God gave us cloves to make us feel cultured when we drink hot whisky and call it a toddy. Not so we could smoke them.

Guitar Woman Apr 16th, 2008 01:32 AM

I love it when seth reminds us of how much more classy than everyone else he is.

Also!
:pagebrak

Asila Apr 16th, 2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

i smoke menthol cloves on occasion!
cloves are something entirely different

And thank you Seth, for both the advice and the picture.

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 01:34 AM

With Carnivore on sabbatical, I have to over-compensate for the demand for situations where :posh seems appropriate but isn't used.

And he used it pretty often, if I remember.

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 03:41 AM

SUBJECT: You have sent me a friend request
---
... And I'm starting to think you're not a spambot, since usually when I ignore those for long enough they disappear.

Hi. I'm Seth. Do we know each other? While I always figured I'd eventually see a "Chicks in Vader Helmets" website, I didn't expect it to come to me through a Myspace friend request. All the same I'd normally ignore it, but since Vincennes is probably close enough (is it? I forget) that I could conceivably take you to dinner and brag about it to everyone I've ever met who's watched Star Wars or has the internet, I figured I'd at least get my chit/chat on first.

Hugs and kisses,
-Seth
She has 72 hours to respond in a way that would keep me from linking to her profile before you guys get the link to her profile, unless Pub figures it out before then.

Esuohlim Apr 16th, 2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 549484)
With Carnivore on sabbatical, I have to over-compensate for the demand for situations where :posh seems appropriate but isn't used.

And he used it pretty often, if I remember.

I know Dole used it a lot. :o

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 04:04 AM

:posh was MADE for Dole.

For that matter, I-Mockery was made for :posh to be made for Dole.

The birth of Roger Barr? Oh, it goes on. It goes back far.

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 10:48 AM

Guys, I'm glad in that Spanish thread that it didn't take me four years to get a joke. I explained to someone yesterday that it took me about three years to get a joke that my physics professor threw at me, and I'd be content with that as my personal worst.

T-Rex Apr 16th, 2008 11:07 AM

It took me forever to get an Emmanuel Lewis/Michael Jackson joke. Mostly in part because I couldn't remember who Emmanuel Lewis was.

Also, I really thought Gary Coleman was Webster.

Sethomas Apr 16th, 2008 01:10 PM

I'm not sure why posting a poem that wrote itself in my head into the books section makes me feel stupid, but it does.

Asila Apr 16th, 2008 01:12 PM

It's not any worse than anything I've posted in there. Or no, it's better than... semantics aside, you get my point.

liquidstatik Apr 16th, 2008 01:14 PM

BEATIN THA TRUNK, TURNIN BUILDINS INTO CONFETTI

Grislygus Apr 16th, 2008 01:19 PM

How's it goin

I see Seth wrote a poem, haven't read it yet but I'm sure that it will be awesome and that I will be infuriated with the complex sentence structure

Fat_Hippo Apr 16th, 2008 01:29 PM

But they're usually still readable at the least. I've noticed that my own sentences get nearly unreadable when they get longer, which means I usually have to improve upon them, and even then they're usually kind of ugly. Probably due to my limited vocabulary as well.>:

Grislygus Apr 16th, 2008 01:32 PM

Uh, the infuriation at the complex sentence structure has more to do with MY reading comprehension than problems with the writing

Grislygus Apr 16th, 2008 01:34 PM

Moving on, does anyone know if Region 2 encoded cds will be able to play on my computer

I really, really don't want to import a british cd player so I can play all of the good nwobhm bands

Pub Lover Apr 16th, 2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 549482)
I love it when seth reminds us of how much more classy than everyone else he is.

That post really burned my goat, but hell guys LETS ALL WAVE OUR COCKS! :eek

Pub Lover Apr 16th, 2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 549579)
Moving on, does anyone know if Region 2 encoded cds will be able to play on my computer

I really, really don't want to import a british cd player so I can play all of the good nwobhm bands

When did CDs get region encoding? WTH?

Grislygus Apr 16th, 2008 01:38 PM

CDs and DVDs both

I can never watch my Blake's 7 dvds :(

Fat_Hippo Apr 16th, 2008 01:38 PM

I don't think it's an issue with cd's. All my american cd's work fine with my swiss boombox, and I've never observed any other issues of this kind with music cd's either.

Grislygus Apr 16th, 2008 01:42 PM

Well, we'll soon see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediScum (Post 535586)
Is "Man or Astroman" power metal? I forget.

Oh man, I forgot about this one

Pub Lover Apr 16th, 2008 01:43 PM

DVDs have region encoding yeah, but Region 0 players are only slightly more expensive.

I have never encountered a regioned CD.

Grislygus Apr 16th, 2008 01:43 PM

ARE THE VENTURES A DEATH METAL BAND, I FORGET

Grislygus Apr 16th, 2008 01:44 PM

I'm hoping not, I've only recently been clued into Blitzkrieg, and the rest of the American public is still out of the loop, apparently

Pub Lover Apr 16th, 2008 02:55 PM

Why is no one ragging on T-Rex for his GW-esque behaviour?

Pub Lover Apr 16th, 2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 549530)
I could draw you a diagram of a dick farting in Jack Black's face if you want, Pub.
In the business we call it an "acid test". :posh