I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Kitsa Jan 31st, 2009 09:00 PM

allegedly

moonlightkisu Jan 31st, 2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 610596)
We have someone on here called Guitar Woman and even he's a dude.

Well, that's why it's generally a good idea to know someone's actual gender before assuming for yourself, especially on the internetz

MetalMilitia Jan 31st, 2009 09:37 PM

Regardless - I was calling you a homo because you had a gay anime signature. The fact that you still probably like anime despite removing the gay signature (and have a gay anime username) means you're still a homo. A gay homo.

Quote:

" allegedly"
He wears fingerless gloves, smokes clove cigarettes and looks kind of like spock had both his parents been Human. Or does he...?

moonlightkisu Jan 31st, 2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 610611)
Regardless - I was calling you a homo because you had a gay anime signature. The fact that you still probably like anime despite removing the gay signature (and have a gay anime username) means you're still a homo. A gay homo.

Nope, you failed already. Don't try any harder.

"Gay Homo", .. really, you mean as opposed to straight homos?

oh, the fail wrapped up with the redundancy, it's amazing!

MetalMilitia Feb 1st, 2009 07:42 AM

AH! She's tying me up in logic! My one weakness!

I've been blinded by science!

What a fag.

Fathom Zero Feb 1st, 2009 06:00 PM

:lol

moonlightkisu Feb 1st, 2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 610659)
AH! She's tying me up in logic! My one weakness!

I've been blinded by science!

What a fag.

lmao. Did your parents not buy you a pony as a small child, or are you usually this bored?

(FYI: Calling someone a "fag" is only funny the first couple of times, if you're a 5th grader, that is.)

How old are you, exactly?

Esuohlim Feb 1st, 2009 08:45 PM

TAKE IT TO ANOTHER THREAD, LADIES

MetalMilitia Feb 2nd, 2009 03:49 AM

Why don't you move it to another thread, Milhouse?

Willie would've done it. He would've split the fuck out of this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonlightkisu (Post 610794)
lmao. Did your parents not buy you a pony as a small child, or are you usually this bored?

(FYI: Calling someone a "fag" is only funny the first couple of times, if you're a 5th grader, that is.)

How old are you, exactly?

Who says I'm bored? Just because I don't have a pony? I'd like to see your pony?! OH WAIT YOU DON'T HAVE ONE :lol:lol:lol

Anyway, yes I'm in the 5th grade (whatever age that is), what of it? Does that make you feel better about being lame on the internet? Does it? No. Or maybe. I don't know.

Zhukov Feb 2nd, 2009 06:07 AM

Wait, you seriously can't call a female homo? I didn't know this.

MetalMilitia Feb 2nd, 2009 07:29 AM

I think you can really call anyone a homo if they're an animeophile.

Kitsa Feb 2nd, 2009 08:20 AM

I thought homosexual referred to anyone who preferred the same sex. Not colloquially, maybe, but in the broadest general terms.

For example, Iceland's brand-new premier is homosexual. This might make her a Serious Homo with Serious Homo Problems.

Zhukov Feb 2nd, 2009 08:46 AM

That's what I thought.

Also, lol.

moonlightkisu Feb 2nd, 2009 03:46 PM

I originally posted a list of my favorite shows in the topic "favorite shows". I think that's how it's generally supposed to work on most forums.

Then, some bored 5th grader who has an icon of a cat wearing sunglasses started calling me a "homo" because of my "homo sig".

Why did I recieve a infraction, again? for responding to nonsensical posts that have nothing to do with the original topic? I was originally on topic before he started his "homo" tirade.

I don't hijack threads on any forum (I am a part of many, and I recently just joined here). I make posts relative to the topics -- and obviously, any posts after that are going to be responded to. If I was actually a "thread hijacker", that would mean that I came here to cause trouble, which I did not. Someone feeling the need to call others "homo" and de-rail the topic though, is.

Quote:

Anyway, yes I'm in the 5th grade (whatever age that is), what of it? Does that make you feel better about being lame on the internet? Does it? No. Or maybe. I don't know.
LMAO! could have guessed as much. 5th graders are the only ones who seem to enjoy using the word "homo" as if it were going out of style. And, I was originally ON TOPIC unlike you, yet I recieve an "infraction" because some 5th grader picked up the coolest new phrase and just can't stop using it. It's an overused word, try learning some new ones, and stop trying so hard.

The word "homo" is mainly only used towards homosexual males. And, it usually only makes sense when the person is actually a homosexual. Using it as an catch all-insult for anyone you come across, doesn't really make as much sense when the person is actually straight.

"Homo" is also the preffered word of choice for teenage retards yelling on xbox live while playing halo.

I suppose you can call a female a "homo", but then again it makes more sense if said female is actually homosexual/lesbian/bi what have you. It loses all of it's meaning otherwise. If you call everyone a "homo" a "fag" and "gay", then what do you call actual gay people?

Quote:

I think you can really call anyone a homo if they're an animeophile.
Or, if you're a bored 5th grader and using the word "homo", over and over and over again. You know what they say, homophobes are usually latent homosexuals themselves. If you're trapped in the closet, try finding the doorknob. It's not my fault that you're infatuated with gays.

Oh, I lol. But I suppose I can't expect much here, since these are the "I-mockery" forums, after all. Too bad the forums aren't actually as cool as the main site. That would rock.

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2009 03:49 PM

INFRACTION!

Esuohlim Feb 2nd, 2009 03:50 PM

I like to give new people infractions so I can get them all worked up

And then I can give them more infractions

Fathom Zero Feb 2nd, 2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 610860)
Why don't you move it to another thread, Milhouse?

There is no more Mock Wars. :(

Esuohlim Feb 2nd, 2009 03:53 PM

Actually I just pop in and do the mod thing once in a while to make it look like that I actually discourage threads becoming off topic :eek

Esuohlim Feb 2nd, 2009 03:53 PM

Which I do >:

moonlightkisu Feb 2nd, 2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 610972)
Which I do >:

lmao. O, favorites. You don't like threads being off topic, rly?

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2009 05:10 PM

Dood Esu, you are getting schooled ArrowX style!

MetalMilitia Feb 2nd, 2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonlightkisu (Post 610965)
I originally posted a list of my favorite shows in the topic "favorite shows". I think that's how it's generally supposed to work on most forums...

Why is it that every fucking aspie on the internet joins this forum?

executioneer Feb 2nd, 2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 610860)
Willie would've done it. He would've split the fuck out of this thread.

i only do that to threads i LIKE though, idc if this thread gets shitted up

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 2nd, 2009 09:11 PM

Always hatin on my threads.

executioneer Feb 2nd, 2009 09:12 PM

it was ok when it started :(

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2009 09:19 PM

Everything on tv is gay right now. This is much better.

Zhukov Feb 3rd, 2009 03:36 AM

I've really been getting into Harry Hill's TV Burp these past few months. I seem to laugh hysterically at UK soap operas anyway, so this show makes me faint with joy.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 3rd, 2009 04:37 AM

Waiting for new Xavier to start airing. The Cancer episode of Superjail was pretty funny.

toolz88 Feb 4th, 2009 09:11 PM

I have to agree with you on Superjail that show rules but I have yet to get into Xavier but i'm just getting into Tim and Eric awesome show and Tom goes to the mayor

executioneer Feb 4th, 2009 09:13 PM

punctuate

Tadao Feb 4th, 2009 09:13 PM

die

executioneer Feb 4th, 2009 09:14 PM

not necessarily in that order, though

Dimnos Feb 6th, 2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toolz88 (Post 611602)
I have to agree with you on Superjail that show rules but I have yet to get into Xavier but i'm just getting into sucking dick

fixed.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 6th, 2009 05:36 PM

:lol

I still don't like Tom Goes to the Mayor but I can tolerate it now after watching T&E. Looking forward to season 2 of Whitest Kids U Know to come out on DVD.

Was watching Da Ali G Show extras and I forgot about the short film SPYZ on it. Where his character still looks exactly the same except he's a spy.

The line that cracks me up is when someone asks him who he is and he's like "The name is James Bond,.... James Bond." Classic.

Tadao Feb 7th, 2009 01:24 AM

I have just now gotten used to Tom goes to the Mayor.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 13th, 2009 02:58 AM

Always sunny in Philadelphia. Where the gang tries out for the Philadelphia Eagles and the entire McPoyle clan comes out of a winnebago. This old haggard looking mother-fucker McPoyle comes out and Charlie is like

"Oh, of course you're here. Right now....in the world."

Babs Feb 13th, 2009 03:25 AM

I'm actually watching It's Always Sunny when they make the Jihad video to get rid of Jew that works next to them. The video itself in general is the best part and the hammer totally adds to atmosphere of seriousness.

Babs Feb 13th, 2009 04:34 PM

Alot of shows are pretty horrible now a days but remember, there's always UCB to turn too. Only if there was a season 3 out.... hmppphhh :\

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 23rd, 2009 05:50 PM

Get Smart, finishing up season one. Ted Knight is guest starring in this episode.....awesome!

Tadao Feb 23rd, 2009 06:36 PM

I never finished season 1. I should watch the 3rd disc.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 23rd, 2009 06:54 PM

Just finished the 3rd disc the other day. I have a few more episodes till the two parter where they're on the boat trying to solve a murder.

Esuohlim Feb 23rd, 2009 07:17 PM

I just finished all of Weeds. Kevin Nealon :loveemoticon

I need to find a new show now. A couple of my friends recommended Six Feet Under, which I might try. Is it any good?

Sam Feb 23rd, 2009 08:27 PM

Kevin Nealon was my favorite character on Weeds too. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 23rd, 2009 08:32 PM

Try Californication. I've seen a few episodes of it and I liked it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 28th, 2009 06:27 PM

Get Smart: The episode with Harry Who and The Craw.

I watched an episode of Chasers War on Everything yesterday and laughed pretty hard.

TheBigMan045 Mar 1st, 2009 04:23 AM

Just an episode? watch a whole season my friend has both seasons one and two on DVD bloody funny shit. Two and a half men isn't bad when you're rat faced with mates

executioneer Mar 1st, 2009 05:43 AM

yes it is

pac-man Mar 1st, 2009 12:36 PM

He wasn't talking about the show

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 1st, 2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigMan045 (Post 616586)
Just an episode? watch a whole season my friend has both seasons one and two on DVD bloody funny shit. Two and a half men isn't bad when you're rat faced with mates

I think they just released it in the u.s. I know it's been around for a while but it was my first intake of it. It's enough to warrant me watching more.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 11th, 2009 10:54 PM

Just got season 2 of Get Smart. Watched the first two episodes. On sale at Best Buy for $19.99.

Tadao Mar 12th, 2009 12:53 AM

Is it really? Cause I will never go through Time Lifes web page again.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 12th, 2009 02:05 AM

yeah, totally worth going to best buy for. I was going to go through timelife for the whole series because they had the whole thing about a year before retail stores had it.

I was shopping. Picked it up and was like I gotta hurry home and tell Tadao about the great deal.

Tadao Mar 12th, 2009 02:39 AM

Time Life scammed me for an extra 40 bucks via a coupon scam that automatically took it out of my account. There is a class action lawsuit about it right now. Fuckers.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 21st, 2009 12:09 PM

Just got season 1 of Taxi on DVD. I don't understand why it costs more than season 2 :(

I tried finding a good Danny Devito shirt but they only have a mediocre one from Taxi that's 3/4 sleeve ringer.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 22nd, 2009 01:56 PM

Casablanca episode of Get Smart. I don't like Barbara Feldon with blond hair at all.

Wow, and they have a Hitler coocoo clock in Hoo Done it.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 12th, 2009 05:15 PM

Couldn't remember Gabe Kaplans name from "Welcome Back, Kotter". Looked it up on IMDB and I noticed they're planning a remake of it in 2012. Will the sweathogs bring the apocalypse???

Tadao May 12th, 2009 05:18 PM

A poor mans Groucho Marx.

Ant10708 May 14th, 2009 07:06 PM

Anyone watch Lost season finale last night?

MetalMilitia May 14th, 2009 08:07 PM

Shouldn't think so.

Esuohlim May 14th, 2009 09:50 PM

I did >:

Because the show is good >:

Pub Lover May 14th, 2009 11:07 PM

Good my arse.

Esuohlim May 14th, 2009 11:39 PM

If you can name me another intelligent sci-fi show with fully-fleshed out characters, intricate intertwining plots, and careful enough to avoid all continuity errors and plot holes (even when time-travel is involved), then I'll gladly watch that instead.

Also no contrived and often inaccurate technobabble.

Also no gay Farscape muppets >:

Tadao May 14th, 2009 11:43 PM

Hitchhikers Guide

Pub Lover May 14th, 2009 11:46 PM

No plot holes in lost? Holy shit they must go to town with the gaffer tape after season two. >:

Pub Lover May 14th, 2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 628649)
Hitchhikers Guide

Dude, British? Total gaysplosion.

Esuohlim May 14th, 2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 628651)
No plot holes in lost? Holy shit they must go to town with the gaffer tape after season two. >:

You stopped after season 2? Ever since the show got a set end date it has really captured its focus and is seamlessly tying everything up. Plus they spent the majority of this past season explaining the events of the 2nd season anyway.

Pub Lover May 14th, 2009 11:59 PM

Oh. I did not know that they had actually gone to town with the gaffer tape. Sorry, my mistake.

I... I'll have a go at watching it again?

Because I love you, Tom.

Esuohlim May 15th, 2009 12:12 AM

Like you haven't been watching it religiously all this time anyway, Jaaaaaaaarv

MetalMilitia May 15th, 2009 08:47 AM

Lost is probably my least favourite TV show because of the amount of time people spend discussing it as if it actually has a point. Each episode has about 3 sub-plots that ultimately go nowhere for the sole purpose of making people say "oooooohhhhh, this is so confusing! Where will this crazy roller-coaster ride of a TV show go next?!".

The thing is I'm not convinced it's going anywhere - it's just a series of unrelated "spooky" events (that are only "spooky" because of the discordant cello music they play in the background) that they later link though some tenuous encounter or lingering shot at the end of an episode.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 15th, 2009 09:00 AM

I just started watching Lost in season five and I really like it. I don't know if I'll bother going back to watch the first four seasons though. A lot of people I know who have been watching it since it started complain about it being confusing but I find it rather predictable.

Esuohlim May 15th, 2009 01:32 PM

Every TV show ultimately has no point, and every TV finale is disappointing.

I watched through all of Six Feet Under over the course of the last couple weeks and it had probably the best finale I've ever seen. Although it was still kind of a "that's it?" moment.

MarioRPG May 15th, 2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 628711)
I watched through all of Six Feet Under over the course of the last couple weeks and it had probably the best finale I've ever seen. Although it was still kind of a "that's it?" moment.

I've actually just started watching that, I'm wrapping up the first season.

Esuohlim May 16th, 2009 07:06 PM

I read a lot of opinions that the show goes downhill after the third season, but I thought it got better.

b_squared May 20th, 2009 05:49 PM

Nobody here mentioned watching South Park. It's one of my favorites.

executioneer May 20th, 2009 07:14 PM

south park hasn't been funny in a while though :(

executioneer May 20th, 2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 628646)
If you can name me another intelligent sci-fi show with fully-fleshed out characters, intricate intertwining plots, and careful enough to avoid all continuity errors and plot holes (even when time-travel is involved), then I'll gladly watch that instead.

battlestar galactica >:

10,000 Volt Ghost May 20th, 2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 628646)

Firefly

Esuohlim May 21st, 2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 629239)
battlestar galactica >:

Actually I've noted this one already and I'm waiting until it's all out on DVD before I start so I don't have to wait for anything. I'm really looking forward to it too. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost
Firefly

Seen it and I agree, but the whole getting cancelled thing kind of took a lot of the wind out of it :(

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2009 11:00 AM

Agreed. The movie Serenity was pretty good but I'd would have rather seen Firefly get picked up by Sci-Fi or something.

stupid FOX :(

Ant10708 May 21st, 2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 628684)
Lost is probably my least favourite TV show because of the amount of time people spend discussing it as if it actually has a point. Each episode has about 3 sub-plots that ultimately go nowhere for the sole purpose of making people say "oooooohhhhh, this is so confusing! Where will this crazy roller-coaster ride of a TV show go next?!".

The thing is I'm not convinced it's going anywhere - it's just a series of unrelated "spooky" events (that are only "spooky" because of the discordant cello music they play in the background) that they later link though some tenuous encounter or lingering shot at the end of an episode.

you sound like someone who hasn't watched the show at all. The first few seasons were all about getting to know the characters and their unique histories. I never watched a show where you get to see the different backgrounds of characters before they met. And how can your opinion on a the quality of a show be affected by fans who discuss it. Thats the fun of a show with unanswered questions and since your not a fan of Lost i don't know how you would even get involved in a discussion on it. And I'm pretty sure most shows, especially science fiction shows, have a die hard fan base that love discussing unimportant things about the fictional world so you must be seeking out these Lost discussions or are just bitter you never started to watch and enjoy a great show.

Dimnos May 21st, 2009 01:48 PM

I thought people didnt like Lost because of all the dropped off plot lines and go no where BS they used as filler.

Esuohlim May 21st, 2009 01:55 PM

Yeah but that's what we're saying. The people who say stuff like that haven't been watching it lately. Seemingly dropped off plot lines are being readdressed and answered now. The show has had a set end date for a while now so it's no longer meandering (which it admittedly was for a bit, according to writers).

Dimnos May 21st, 2009 03:11 PM

I might have to pick it back up then.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2009 04:08 PM

I'm thinking about going to watch seasons 1-4 of Lost but I have to finish watching season 1 of Taxi first.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 30th, 2009 03:44 PM

I saw an advertisement for a new show starring Daniel Tosh called Tosh 4.0 or something like that. I think Tosh is pretty funny doing standup because he's such a good jerk but the premise of the new show is that he goes online and finds things that are funny. I'm pretty sure Attack of the Show already does that but the guy on that isn't so much of a jerk as he is annoying. Maybe it will work out......it's on comedy central :(

captain516 May 30th, 2009 05:40 PM

Anybody remember On The Lot? Whatever happened to it?

Tadao May 30th, 2009 05:47 PM

I don't but I sure miss Viva la Variety.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 11th, 2009 09:07 AM

I might start staying home on friday nights to watch t.v. There was an hour of "The State" on, followed by Stella and then an hour of Wonder Showzen. I feel like it was just on to promote Michael & Michael but hopefully it'll be a staple of friday night programming.

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2009 11:03 AM

I'm irritated with MTV2/Time-Warner because their lineup always fucks up my DVR settings. I have it set to record WonderShowzen and Beavis and Butthead, but the title on the guide is never the actual show. I can have 5 or 6 WonderShowzens on there and it's Rob and Big or something stupid like that. It's only MTV2 that does it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 11th, 2009 11:41 AM

I did notice that. I turned on the state and it was playing young ones. Oh, there was also an hour of young ones on too. :)

Dimnos Jul 13th, 2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 637464)
I'm irritated with MTV2/Time-Warner...

I thought this was a fact of life. Like breathing air or something.

Tadao Jul 15th, 2009 11:21 PM

I'm watching a show called Urban Legends. It's pretty cool. They present you with 3 stories, only one of them is true, and the don't tell you which one till the end of the show. they have a mini legend before the commercial breaks too. There are people on camera testifying that the story is true and happened to them, so they got actors for at least 2 of the stories to tell them.

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 04:12 PM

Wasnt there a Ripleys Believe it or not show that did something very similar to that?

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 04:15 PM

Never mind. This is what I was thinking of.

Sam Jul 16th, 2009 04:15 PM

>:

Tadao Jul 16th, 2009 04:22 PM

I've never seen that.

elx Jul 16th, 2009 08:18 PM

Bones and Dexter are the only shows currently being aired that are worth watching

House used to be cool too, unfortunately it's deteriorated beyond recognition; now it focuses more on innercast drama than the actual cases. it's no better than any of the other crappy medical primetimes like Grey's Anatomy. such a waste :(

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 10:01 PM

If you think House is anything like Greys Anatomy your are more mentally challenged that I feared. :\

Sam Jul 17th, 2009 03:45 PM

THE GIRL IN BONES GIVES ME A BONE. ;)

Esuohlim Jul 17th, 2009 05:31 PM

What about Booth played by David BONERanez (lol)