I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics 'n Books (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   WHAT are you reading right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2594)

Miss Modular Jul 29th, 2006 10:55 PM

Tom Wolfe's I Am Charlotte Simmons, and I'm having a hard time believing that the title character would be so sheltered.

Trash Jul 30th, 2006 05:46 AM

A little booklet that dame with the Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper box set.

Miss Modular Aug 9th, 2006 07:58 PM

Gore Vidal's Myra Breckinridge.

Fathom Zero Aug 15th, 2006 09:19 PM

The Hacker Crackdown: Law and Disorder on the Electronic Frontier by Bruce Sterling

WhiteRat Sep 19th, 2006 07:13 AM

I finally finished Choke after 2 months of reading and I can say it's argueably the second best book I've ever read. (the first being Sideways Stories from Wayside School).

I just started Invisible Monsters. Hopefully it's as entertaining as Choke.

Grislygus Sep 19th, 2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat
(the first being Sideways Stories from Wayside School).

Holy Blue Hell's Bells, I thought I was the only fan of those books.

Esuohlim Sep 19th, 2006 12:10 PM

Invisible Monsters is sort of a frustrating read, but it certainly pays off in the end.

I just started Slaughterhouse Five.

And fuck yeah Sideways Stories From Wayside School :rockemoticon

executioneer Sep 19th, 2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus
Quote:

(the first being Sideways Stories from Wayside School).

Holy Blue Hell's Bells, I thought I was the only fan of those books.

why did you think that, everyone with a lick of sense likes those books :( do you not know a lot of people with a lick of sense :(

Grislygus Sep 19th, 2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer
why did you think that, everyone with a lick of sense likes those books :( do you not know a lot of people with a lick of sense :(

I read the books in my elementary school, where I was the only kid smart enough to enjoy them (or books in general, for that matter), and in all the time since then I've only met three people who remembered the series. :(

Juttin Sep 19th, 2006 04:17 PM

Yeah, Wayside School is Falling Down.
That was a great read when I was in elementary school.

glowbelly Sep 19th, 2006 11:15 PM

oh hush up. nobody believes that you are capable of reading >:

Juttin Sep 20th, 2006 08:19 AM

Yeah....you're right. I just kinda 'Shrug Off' what people type on here, as I can't read simple english text.

Oh, sorry.....WHAT? :/

WhiteRat Sep 20th, 2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim
Invisible Monsters is sort of a frustrating read, but it certainly pays off in the end.

I hope that's true. I'm on the third chapter and so far i've came to the conclusion that it doesn't make any sense and it's boring as hell.

glowbelly Sep 21st, 2006 11:28 AM

i think all of chuck p's books are boring as hell.

i haven't read the latest short story one. i might as i've heard that he has finally gotten away from telling the same story over and over again.

maybe.

Esuohlim Sep 23rd, 2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

I hope that's true. I'm on the third chapter and so far i've came to the conclusion that it doesn't make any sense and it's boring as hell.

The first time I read it I gave up on page 80 or so because I was bored shitless, but over the summer I tried again, made my way through, and read the last 150 pages in one sitting.

It's not a bad book, but since the pieces dont fall together until about halfway through it's like a chore to try to enjoy it until then. I imagine it's way better the second time around.

Fathom Zero Oct 8th, 2006 01:52 PM

Principia Discordia, Or, How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her: The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger by Malaclypse, Robert Anton Wilson, Kerry W. Thornley, and Loompanics Unlimited.

Phew.

zeldasbiggestfan Oct 9th, 2006 04:52 PM

Silent Bob Speaks. Great book. Especially the GREASY SHITS.

executioneer Oct 19th, 2006 03:41 PM

deryni chronicles

Grislygus Oct 19th, 2006 06:32 PM

"Founding Bothers" by Joseph J. Ellis.

I heartily recommend this book to history enthusiasts. The events it talks about aren't anything new, but it provides interesting insights into the character of the American founding fathers.

Juttin Oct 19th, 2006 10:12 PM

I'm reading Red Mars. It's...O.K., at the least

I'm just into the 3rd part,
and it mostly seems like a Soap Opera, only, in space/on Mars. :/
I'll still read through it, though

Rongi Oct 19th, 2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim
I just started Slaughterhouse Five.

for some reason i never found kurt vonnegut's writing to be funny or interesting. i tried to read slaughterhouse five and cat's cradle, but i quickly lost interest

WhiteRat Nov 25th, 2006 10:46 PM

World War Z.

I just got this book yesterday and I can't put it down. I'm only a hundred or so pages in but I would say the most enjoyable part of the book so far was when Larry the Cable guy got blown up by a grenade.

xbxDaniel Nov 25th, 2006 10:47 PM

The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison.

BobDole Nov 29th, 2006 03:44 PM

Swords in the Mist by Fritz Leiber and Angry Candy by Harlan Ellison

Emu Nov 29th, 2006 04:11 PM

the god delusion by richard dawkins