I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics 'n Books (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   WHAT are you reading right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2594)

Todeswalzer Aug 17th, 2004 09:01 PM

Domes of Fire by David Eddings

kahljorn Aug 27th, 2004 05:49 PM

Almost finished with psychonaut, then I'm doooing... The secret doctrine of the Kabbalah, the key to hebraic sacred science by leonora leets. IT LOOKS TASTEFUL.

Hobo Renee Sep 11th, 2004 12:56 AM

How to be good- Nick Hornby. I'm only a chapter or so into it though, but I loved high fidelity.

I'm also reading Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko, almost done and didn't really like her writing style.

mubert Sep 11th, 2004 12:58 AM

Okay, I might as well reply to it now, even though that was a nice little bump there. I started and finished this fucked up book called "stuck in neutral" by some guy, and its about a kid who has cerebral palsy, and he thinks his dad is gonna kill him, cause he always has seizures. Its ok, but if it was long, I would have hated it, since the story drags on like my dogs ass on my floor.

the[Hitman] Sep 11th, 2004 10:22 AM

Books like that are terrible.
They make enough shitty tv shows/movies to cover for the "crippled kid abuse" stories.

mubert Sep 11th, 2004 03:41 PM

Man, I wonder why God hasn't smote you...Almost every comment that comes out of Hitman's mouth wouldn't pass a fucking Comedy Central Sensitivity test.

Idiotless Sep 14th, 2004 04:29 PM

Just read LA Confidential, now reading Monty Python- All of the Words. :)

EisigerBiskuit Sep 14th, 2004 05:54 PM

I'm (sort of) reading Pope John Paul VI Biography. I just realized today this was back in 1800's :X

the[Hitman] Sep 14th, 2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mubert
Man, I wonder why God hasn't smote you...Almost every comment that comes out of Hitman's mouth wouldn't pass a fucking Comedy Central Sensitivity test.

Quiet fatty, go eat some more pie.

MetalMilitia Sep 15th, 2004 04:54 PM

This thread :lol (wow that was the worst joke ever)

Im reading a book called 'Digital Fortress' by Dan Brown. Its about an uncrackable encryption code thingy and computers and stuff.
I was gonna read 'operation takedown' but apparently it sucks a bit and has more about kevin mitnicks relationship with his girlfriend than the actual hacking he did.

Big McLargehuge Sep 16th, 2004 03:43 AM

Kingdom of Fear by Hunter S Thompson. I fucking love him :0

Dole Sep 16th, 2004 05:39 AM

The Kid Stays In The Picture - Robert Evans. Amazing.

kellychaos Sep 16th, 2004 05:04 PM

Digital Fortress was unrealistic, predictable, and boring ... especially in comparison to The DaVinci Code. I couldn't believe that the same person wrote it.

MetalMilitia Sep 16th, 2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellychaos
Digital Fortress was unrealistic, predictable, and boring ... especially in comparison to The DaVinci Code. I couldn't believe that the same person wrote it.

I wouldnt know, im only on about chapter 6. It seems ok thus far but nothing to keep me reading for hours at a time.

MetalMilitia Sep 25th, 2004 12:23 PM

Just finished digital fortress and i though it was brilliant. Not boring at all and mabey slightly unrealistic but nothing too stupid. I'l have to find a copy of the DaVinci code if its really alot better than Digital fortress.

Now im reading 'Hammer of the gods' a led zeppilin biography and i started 'Takedown' but the first 20ish pages have been pretty boring so i dont know if i will bother reading the rest.

Father §p@z Oct 1st, 2004 07:56 PM

Nemesis by Agatha Christie. Boring as hell, I'm going right back to Poirot's mysteries when I'm finished. >:

DamnthatDavid Oct 4th, 2004 01:02 PM

The Boat - Lothar-Gunther Buchheim.

It's ok. very vulgur.

Command Prompt Oct 15th, 2004 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge
Kingdom of Fear by Hunter S Thompson. I fucking love him :0

Your an asshole because thats what I'm reading now and I wanted to post it.

The funniest part so far is when he has an arguement with the monk over the answer to question "what is the sound of one hand clapping" and proves his point by slapping the monk in the head.

Now THAT'S enlightenment.

Big McLargehuge Oct 19th, 2004 01:36 AM

i finished it already jerk

ItalianStereotype Oct 19th, 2004 02:29 AM

I'm rereading The Confessions of Saint Augustine. :o

after that, I'm going to reread my entire collection of Gambit. :o

god damn sexy Cajun

jimmy_tango Oct 19th, 2004 03:08 PM

neil gaimans American Gods....after that I'm reading the dreaming comic series(just finished the sandman series so I'm excited!!)

DamnthatDavid Oct 22nd, 2004 03:25 AM

I just finished Reaperman again. Going to go obtain my copy of Good Omens from the friend I loaned it to, read that again.

nothing4buddha Nov 16th, 2004 02:34 PM

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris :O

LacrimansTaurne Nov 16th, 2004 08:26 PM

Just finished:
- America (The Book) - Very well done. Funny as hell and the text-book format is pretty cool.
- When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? - Some funny sections, but overall disappointing. Some recycled material too: I know I've heard the "A Douche Bag for Clara" skit before.

I'm now re-reading the entire Elric saga by Michael Moorcock. And whenever I'm done with that, I'll be reading the Corum saga.

Emu Nov 17th, 2004 11:35 AM

just finished "How Children Fail," which is a book written back in the 60's about how the flawed learning processes of schools ruin children. It's old, but a lot of it still applies today, and I liked it. :x