I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Esuohlim Sep 24th, 2007 10:45 PM

Every time I play Earthbound I always dread Fourside Department Store but it always gets easier for me. Last time I played I believe I made it through on my first try :eek

What still gets me every time though is under Stonehenge >:

Guitar Woman Sep 24th, 2007 10:51 PM

Did you know if you search this forum for "best game ever" a bunch of Earthbound threads come up? :<

DeadKennedys Sep 24th, 2007 11:09 PM

The department store is the stuff of nightmares.

Customer Ness! Customer Ness!

Guitar Woman Sep 24th, 2007 11:22 PM

I always forget that the Franklin Badge is really useful throughout the entire game and send it to storage, then when I get to the store those fucking Musicas put me to sleep and electrocute me to death. >:

Cliff Steele Sep 24th, 2007 11:37 PM

Disgaea 2 and I'm playing Paper Mario with my girlfriend

Emu Sep 25th, 2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 505405)
Yeah, this game is only second in my heart to Mischief Makers.

Although I would love to have an actual SNES cartridge with all the scratch n sniff crap and the giant box it comes in, I don't see myself getting it any time soon because 1) My SNES is lacking controllers and a power cord which I can't find anywhere and don't want to pester my dad to get me off of eBay right now, and 2) the Earthbound cart alone is like 50 fucking dollars, so I'm sure all the other stuff must make the price jump close to a hundred bucks, which is ridiculous.

As for difficulty, all I have to say is Fourside Department Store. >:

To make it worse, this game is by far the easiest in the trilogy, which makes me feel like a creampuff.

I bought the cart from Best Buy back in like 96 after renting it and the other Big Box game (Mario Paint) once. I started playing one of the saves on the cart, which happened to be at Threed. I couldn't figure out what to do, so I walked around aimlessly until I someone mentioned a strange tent on the south side of town. I made my way there and then proceeded to shit myself as the tent grew a face. :(

Zomboid Sep 25th, 2007 03:17 PM

Paper Mario and Tenchu Z.

Emu Oct 2nd, 2007 05:29 PM

I picked up MGS3 today. Not Subsistence but the original. From what I'm hearing I probably should've picked up Substance and Subsistence but that's okay because it feels more authentic to play the originals and then go back and play the other two.

Is MGS1 on the gamecube? :o

DuFresne Oct 2nd, 2007 09:01 PM

Twin Snakes, yes. but not the original if that's what you're getting at.

Emu Oct 2nd, 2007 09:07 PM

I don't care about graphics and whatnot, does it have MGS1's story?

Guitar Woman Oct 3rd, 2007 03:43 AM

Yes, it's a carbon copy of MGS1 with better graphics and MGS2's gameplay. Also, they re-did all the cutscenes to include a ridiculous amount of John Woo stunts, and they re-voiced the entire script. I haven't played enough of the original to tell if the acting has improved, but it certainly isn't bad.

Schimid Oct 3rd, 2007 09:09 AM

That's funny, I just beat Paper Mario yesterday.

Right now I'm hitting up Super Mario Brothers, as I've never beat it without the use of the warp pipes.

Emu Oct 6th, 2007 09:14 PM

In MSG3 I just got to the top of the mountain and I'm about to enter the fortress.

Why is Ocelot such a little bitch in this game? :(

Guitar Woman Oct 6th, 2007 09:17 PM

I am playing the original Half-Life and sort of playing Opposing Force. I'm stuck in the silo thing against some fucking giant tentacle alien that kills me in one or two hits. I'm enjoying it despite all the faggoty platforming it forces on you.

Fathom Zero Oct 6th, 2007 11:55 PM

I'm playing the game called LIFE.

MetalMilitia Oct 7th, 2007 09:48 AM

We all know that's not true, Fathom Zero.

I've mostly been playing Team Fortress 2, it's fantastic.

Guitar Woman Oct 7th, 2007 05:51 PM

Chojin wasn't kidding when he said Half Life was a piece of shit!

JediScum Oct 8th, 2007 01:35 AM

I've been replaying "The Temple Of Elemental Evil (D&D game), after beating it a few months ago. Has anyone else played this? If so, are there any other games like this, D&D or otherwise?

timrpgland Oct 8th, 2007 09:13 PM

Shadowrun, Genesis. Started a new continue yesterday. My Decker has killed like 200 ghouls just hanging out in the first part making $.

JediScum Oct 8th, 2007 09:50 PM

Shadowrun's a cool game. I completed it a couple months ago. I'm currently towards the end of the SNES version, which also a cool game in a different way as they have different stories and gameplay.
A month or so ago, i saw a version for the PC in the used section of a store. It seemed to be heavy on the online multiplayer aspect which i'm not really into.

MLE Oct 8th, 2007 09:57 PM

I'm about to play some Worms2 on my DS!

Fathom Zero Oct 9th, 2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 506315)
I've mostly been playing Team Fortress 2, it's fantastic.

You bastard.

Emu Oct 9th, 2007 01:33 PM

I can't for the life of me find out what kind of copy of this game this is. I've never seen a cover like this before and what I have is apparently a two-disc director's cut, although I was under the impression that it wasn't released in America and it doesn't say that it's a director's cut although it has all the features thereof.

MarioRPG Oct 9th, 2007 04:27 PM

I tried to get into Dragon Warrior, but don't have the time.

B.T.C Oct 9th, 2007 08:49 PM

I Have started playing Dead Rising again and after reading this thread will probably play earthbound too.