I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

kahljorn Jan 8th, 2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Fuck xbox points and their shit market, dreamcast is a pirates booty.
so they're the same then

Babs Jan 8th, 2012 03:17 AM

NOPE

dextire Jan 10th, 2012 04:53 PM

Esuohlim Jan 10th, 2012 05:10 PM

I'm playing FFX again because fuck it, I can't seem to get into a game unless I've played it before

Pentegarn Jan 10th, 2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 753599)
FFX... fuck it

removed all those unnecessary words for you Thrillho :lol

Zhukov Jan 11th, 2012 03:56 AM

Comedy gold.

I'm playing Populous 3, which is amazing (for it's time, and still pretty good). Annoying, ancient controls, but really quite fun.

Back when it was released I only ever played the demo... again and again and again.

Pentegarn Jan 12th, 2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 753627)
Comedy gold.

You know nothing about comedy or gold so your attempted sarcasm fails

Zomboid Jan 12th, 2012 08:35 PM

http://www.tasminerals.com.au/gold.htm

Zhukov Jan 12th, 2012 09:37 PM

Yeah, but that is canceled out by:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaconsfield_Mine_collapse

LordSappington Jan 16th, 2012 01:11 PM

Finally got Dark Souls.
I'm not so much bothered with the difficulty curve, if a major part of that curve isn't due to bad controls and horrible translation errors. That and it's formatted for HD tvs only, so I can barely read anything in it.

darkvare Jan 17th, 2012 01:00 AM

so i'm playing dark souls and i got to the blight town bonfire and thosse pesky assholes with the toxic darts are pissing me off but the weird fire spiders look tougher than they really are. so i'm good

LordSappington Jan 17th, 2012 03:30 AM

I haven't even beaten that Taurus demon or whatever in the beginning

OxBlood Jan 17th, 2012 05:50 AM

I didn´t even know you could beat the Taurus until way later in the game. Both my characters had him just falling off the wall and I thought it was supposed to end that way :D

Dimnos Jan 17th, 2012 05:53 AM

The drop attack?

LordSappington Jan 17th, 2012 12:08 PM

That's the Asylum Demon.
You can get him to drop off the wall? I've been wearing him down to 1/4 health, and then messing up and getting killed.

darkvare Jan 17th, 2012 12:12 PM

wait you are supposed to wait to kill the taurus demon i killed him in like my 5th try with a series of lucky rolls and double drop attack

OxBlood Jan 17th, 2012 03:02 PM

Yeah, he can fall off the Caslte walls. Both times he tried to flank me or something and...yeah he got too close to the crumbled-off part on the outside of the wall and gone he was.

Dimnos Jan 17th, 2012 03:06 PM

Yeah, the big bull guy on top of the castle wall, you can drop attack his ass easy. Once you come out of the door on top of the wall, turn around and look to your left. There is a ladder you can climb up after you lead him back there.

darkvare Jan 17th, 2012 03:18 PM

i've killed the capra demon, the taurus, the butterfly, gaping demon and two gargoyles i think that's it for now

Joe Musashi Jan 18th, 2012 02:13 AM

Streets of Rage Remake, Version 5. The one Sega doesn't want you to have.

I've played it more than 200 times now, actually, on an on-and-off basis. But SORR is this game I can't help but come back to every now and then for some thug-smashing. It really is that good.

LordSappington Jan 18th, 2012 03:33 AM

Killed the Taurus; made it a lot easier when I noticed the ladder.
Also killed two Black Knights and got one's sword, that boar, that huge-ass knight, the gargoyles, and a Hydra.
Then some asshole invaded us. We're both level 22; this guy was at least thirty above us. He kept fucking bowing nonstop, we made it clear we didn't want to fight, and he took me out in one swipe. My friend got a backstab in, and his health bar didn't even drop. It was pure asshattery.

Dimnos Jan 18th, 2012 09:32 AM

I got invaded once. The fag decided to attack me at the bonfire in anor landow (or whatever that place is called) where that sun knight guy is. I kicked his ass but I also hit the sun knight guy who got pissed and them attacked me, so now I'm a murderer too. :(

The giant blacksmith guy there too who will put lightning on your weapon... I had to set my controller down to do something after I had him do my axe. When I got back, I bumped my trigger button and baseball batted him in the face. Now I can't go near his room without him trying to destroy my shit. Dont do this.

OxBlood Jan 19th, 2012 05:50 AM

I´ve been playing the Demo for Kingdoms of Amalur all day yesterday.

I didn´t know much about the game until a few weeks ago but now I´m really excited about it. It does so many things right and it kinda feels like the game that Fable always should have been...besides, the Demo is really generous. The Tutorial plus a taste of the first Hublevel, explorable for 45minutes at your own pace with your own little character.

Zomboid Jan 19th, 2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 754003)
I got invaded once. The fag decided to attack me at the bonfire in anor landow (or whatever that place is called) where that sun knight guy is. I kicked his ass but I also hit the sun knight guy who got pissed and them attacked me, so now I'm a murderer too. :(

The giant blacksmith guy there too who will put lightning on your weapon... I had to set my controller down to do something after I had him do my axe. When I got back, I bumped my trigger button and baseball batted him in the face. Now I can't go near his room without him trying to destroy my shit. Dont do this.

Yeah, I murdered that onion knight, the pyromancy guy, and the wizard that you rescue. Not a single one started with an intentional attack. I read, much later, that you can go pay that guy to absolve your sins and those people will forgive you.

darkvare Jan 19th, 2012 12:01 PM

i tried killing the ghosts in londo ruins or something and after a couple of tries i ran out of curse things, i tried magic and it didn't worked so now i need to get more of thosse to kill the ghosts, also my ninja suit looks cool but it's kinda worthless defense wise

i killed a zombie dragon too but the tiny blue dragons around him are more resistant i need a weapon thst does more than 11 damage to kill them

LordSappington Jan 19th, 2012 12:44 PM

I killed some lightning demon by spamming him with wooden arrows for a good ten minutes.
I also killed some golden knight who was locked in a prison; my friend said if he lives, he kills some cool lady. I knocked him off a cliff edge.

darkvare Jan 19th, 2012 01:34 PM

i released him and i must admit i had no idea that the firelink shrine had stairs going down to new londo until i got to the shrine from new londo also the golden dude gave me a medal of sorts

Phoenix Gamma Jan 19th, 2012 10:04 PM

You guys need to play Dustforce on Steam. It's like Super Meat Boy meets N (that ninja flash platformer).

Basically you're some crazy dude/chick with a broom/pompoms/vacuum who runs and does flips and shit off walls and ceilings and gets rid of dust. It's really hard but really addictive.

darkvare Jan 20th, 2012 08:56 PM

fuck this ghosts serioulsy i ran out of thosse curses i bought and i try running past them but they surround me and i can't move a i tried climbing the stairs but they just drop me since they can float

Nick Jan 21st, 2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 754064)
You guys need to play Dustforce on Steam. It's like Super Meat Boy meets N (that ninja flash platformer).

Basically you're some crazy dude/chick with a broom/pompoms/vacuum who runs and does flips and shit off walls and ceilings and gets rid of dust. It's really hard but really addictive.

A game as a ninja garbage sweep? Hell yeah.

Zhukov Jan 22nd, 2012 08:24 AM

Looks like crap. I'm sick of jumping and shit, thanks.

Nick Jan 22nd, 2012 11:01 AM

man, jumping and shit is cool

Zomboid Jan 22nd, 2012 12:13 PM

It was real nice when you weren't posting so much.

Nick Jan 22nd, 2012 11:55 PM

yeah wasnt it?

OxBlood Jan 23rd, 2012 10:17 AM

I finished Resistance 3 the other day. Way better than the first two, a lot of fun.

Also, I invested a little in my local indie developer (not really local) and bought Evochron Mercenary and E.Y.E. - Divine Cybermancy on Steam.

Evochron is a nice little Spaceflight game, think Privateer. Everything is being kept rather small, no Battlecruisers in this game but lots of freeform exploration. You can even land on planets and mine their stuff or dock at cities.

E.Y.E. on the other hand is...just plain weird yet awesome. It´s a...well a FPS/RPG/Mushroomtrip set in a highly dystopian future around 2300, you take on the role of some kind of cybernetic samurai-monk-enforcer-thing to do...something.
I honestly don´t know what the game is really about because it was made by a bunch of French dudes and...yeah, their english isn´t the best apparently (and no, I don´t speak french, english and german and that´s all I can do, sorry ;)).
From what I can gather, there are aliens and mutants and then there´s those samurai dudes that are generically enhanced by these alien genes and they can also do Ninja-magic and have Cybertech up their asses too.
So basically, I´m a gun toting Cyborg that can summon illusory Doppelgängers like Naruto all while hacking into someones mind to make his head explode. Unless that person counter-hacks me and floods my HUD with smilies and Ads... in which case I have to hack myself to get rid of all the Malware :D

I like it a lot but it´s a bit unstable sadly. Oh and it has 32 player Coop.

darkvare Jan 29th, 2012 02:06 AM

so i defeated the 4 lord bosses for the lordvessel all of which were pussies specially the undead guy who i killed while being toxic then i kicked gwyns ass. I thought man things are gonna get tough on new game plus so i got to the asylum demon and bam one hit kill then i got to the taurus demon and another one hit kill lol i think i over leveled my strength

LordSappington Jan 31st, 2012 11:16 AM

Still playing Dark Souls. I love this game, but there are some things that make the game less FUN hard, and more 'Goddammit Japan what the fuck is your problem" hard.
1. It has a habit of throwing enemies at you that you CANNOT beat. It's bad enough that most of the bosses are either piss easy or have to be beaten with an exploit, but sometimes the game decides to throw enemies at you in an area you just beat that are just impossible. After beating Ceaseless Discharge, I went on down to the cooled lava it just made, and immediately, some demon that ran twice as fast as me sprints up and one-hits me through my shield. Not fun at all.
2. Pitfalls. I wouldn't mind them so much if the game didn't throw them fucking EVERYWHERE. The Blighttown was the worst, because literally the entire level is hoping you don't get knocked off to your death.
3. Invaders. There have been way too many times when I've been trying to summon my friend into my game, when some meta-gaming asshole spawns in, decked out with crazy awesome gear I didn't even know existed and mathematically chosen stats, and immediately just rush up and one-hit me. I wouldn't mind it so much, but if you want to play with friends, then you can ALWAYS be invaded at any time. There needs to be a way to block them.
/bitching

darkvare Jan 31st, 2012 02:16 PM

are you talking about the capra demons (the guys with 2 swords) on the lava level?

Zomboid Jan 31st, 2012 03:00 PM

Those were annoying, but if you can get past that first part and get down to the bonfire, you can sprint past the rest and get to a tougher version of that asylum demon--but he has the same basic strategies, so it's significantly easier.

I sorta wanna play this again.

LordSappington Jan 31st, 2012 07:40 PM

I guess it's a capra demon. It's got some kinda goat skull and two bigass swords.
I don't like looking things up online for games like this, because it feels like cheating to me. It's not much fun if I know exactly where all the best gear is hidden.

darkvare Jan 31st, 2012 10:05 PM

i had to kill him as a boss to get to blighttown how did you got there?

Zomboid Feb 1st, 2012 01:26 AM

There's two or three different ways in there.

LordSappington Feb 1st, 2012 01:41 AM

I went in through the sewers, near that one place with all the undead thieves and dogs.

darkvare Feb 2nd, 2012 01:16 AM

i played killzones 3 single player and it's been a long time since a plot line made me so angry it's so idiotic and stupid

Esuohlim Feb 5th, 2012 04:00 PM

Playing Portal right now and having a grand time!

We're still in 2007 right?

Pentegarn Feb 6th, 2012 08:13 AM

We must be I am playing LOTRO again

OxBlood Feb 6th, 2012 12:20 PM

Well, I caved and got FF13-2 for ten bucks. It´s...not as bad as 13, that much is for sure. After 8 hours I´ve gotten about all the class-skills I need for both main characters and now I´m just looking for ways to spend my points.

Pre-Ordered Kingdoms of Amalur (my most wanted of 2012 of all the games I know of), Darkness 2, Wrath of Asura and Binary Domain...this is gonna be a busy month.

Chojin Feb 6th, 2012 02:19 PM

I finally got around to playing Quake 4 the other day and fully expected to ditch it soon after, but it actually turned out to be a really good game and a continuation of Quake 2's story--it felt like a 90s shooter, but modernized it well unlike Duke Forever. Then it got crazy repetitive, but I still finished it. Then I tried the multiplayer and it's exactly like Quake 3 and basically an entirely different game from the single-player and there's an experience there that just doesn't seem to exist anymore in modern multiplayer shooters. It's divine in a lot of ways. Also a ton of Quake 3 deathmatch maps are back.

Still wondering what Quakes 2 and 4 have to do with 1 or 3. WHERE DOES SHUB-NIGGURATH FIT?

So Quake 4 is really damn good and I recommend it. A cursory glance at wikipedia says it came out in 2005 which is exactly what my guess was, so I guess I can still stand by my claim that modern shooters suck buckets of dicks.

Mad Melvin Feb 6th, 2012 04:35 PM

Just beat The Doctor Who Cloned Me, the single player DLC for Duke Nukem Forever (PC version, the console version is quite crappy, I've heard). It was great. Very well paced and the levels were better than the levels in the main game. Couple of good jokes were thrown in there too. A bit too short (3-4 hours), but that is the world we live in now. DLC's up the ying yang.

Zhukov Feb 7th, 2012 02:18 AM

I really liked Quake 4, too. I thought it was really atmospheric, or I probably did.

My brother sold it, and still denies selling it, even though I saw it at the cash converter place and it was the exact same box, with the scratches in all the right places.

OxBlood Feb 7th, 2012 03:54 AM

Quake 4 was an awesome game, really underrated in my opinion, as is the most recent Wolfenstein-Game.

darkvare Feb 7th, 2012 02:14 PM

i'm playing yakuza 4 damn i love punching random fools in this game

OxBlood Feb 8th, 2012 04:19 AM

Been playing Kingdoms of Amalur for about 8hrs yesterday. That should say something about how much I like it I guess :)

It´s just a lot of fun fighting stuff with DECENT animations for once, not that lazy "I swat my daggers right through you like you´re some kind of Ghost...also, I´m swinging a Dagger instead of thrusting with it, I´m the greatest thief in existence!"...

Esuohlim Feb 8th, 2012 05:41 PM

I'm playing Oblivion now because I've always wanted to know what it was that occupied my sophomore college roommate so much that he had to drop out.

I'm bored and I don't know what the hell I'm doing :x I'm bad at video games

Esuohlim Feb 8th, 2012 07:38 PM

And there's so much stuff to accidentally steal. There's just so much shit lying everywhere that I can't talk to a store owner without accidentally grabbing a fucking apple on the counter and ending up back at the jail. >:

kahljorn Feb 8th, 2012 08:37 PM

haha

imagining that as a real person made me laugh pretty hard :(

Phoenix Gamma Feb 8th, 2012 10:50 PM

Been playing the first two Advance Wars games on my iPhone at work. Second one made me ragequit a few times. Not sure if I'm gonna play Dual Strike; I tried it once and remembered all balance went out the fucking window in that game.

Esuohlim Feb 9th, 2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 754654)
haha

imagining that as a real person made me laugh pretty hard :(

It's like going into a 7-11 where wildly swinging your sword all over the place is fine but once you try to pick up a bag of Cheetos some asshole in a helmet gets all up in your shit.

And then they will just fucking POP UP out of nowhere. I'm in the basement of some rich dude, who was initially perfectly friendly about the city's finest Light Armor retailer and didn't seem to care about the fact that I picked the lock of his front door at 3:30am. And I'll be ransacking the place for TIN CUPS and CALIPERS when all of a sudden I hear "HALT!" and now I have to unfairly return 150 feather icons worth of useless trash I stole from six other rich homes. >:

Chojin Feb 10th, 2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 754610)
Quake 4 was an awesome game, really underrated in my opinion, as is the most recent Wolfenstein-Game.

don't you get court marshaled or something in germany if you play wolfenstein

Zhukov Feb 10th, 2012 06:32 AM

They just have frowns instead of swastikas.

OxBlood Feb 11th, 2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 754702)
don't you get court marshaled or something in germany if you play wolfenstein

Nah, you´re not allowed to sell or buy the game but I think there´s no law against possessing it. Even if there was, what do I care.

Funny thing is, the guy that sold it to me had it sitting on his shelf right in the open, he can still get in serious trouble for that :D

And there isn´t even a censored german version of the game, cause as the legend goes, they made one, but somehow one or two swastikas slipped through QA or maybe even the USK (our Pegi/ESRB) and there it was, the half-censored version and it had to be pulled from all shops and they never bothered to make another attempt at it.

There´s a lot of games that share Wolfenstein´s status. Condemned 2 and The Darkness too I think. Fuck, DOOM was just taken off our index last year, go figure :lol

Same old story. Tits yay, Violence nay.

Anyway, I took a brief break from the awesome Amalur to play through The Darkness 2 (which again has been censored for our beautiful Lollypopcountry so now there´s no dismemberments, no ragdoll and again the Darkness eats souls insteas of hearts. But of course, no one in their right mind would buy that, so we all get the austrian version) which is supposed to be extremely short, about 4-5 hours.
On one hand, it´s a shame, on the other the gameplay is not diverse enough for much more, same as with any shooter really. But the time you do spend with the game is a lot of fun, using the different Darkness-abilities and stuff like that. Oh and Jackie has apparently learned how to reload a gun, so we have that :lol

Pentegarn Feb 11th, 2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 754729)
Same old story. Tits yay, Violence nay.

That is the polar opposite of how America handles censorship. Honestly most Americans think your way would probably be better here.

OxBlood Feb 12th, 2012 04:45 AM

Well, when I think about it...which of the two is more dangerous for children? Sex or Violence...it´s not like there´s tits on every corner here, I just think we Europeans in general deal with that specific topic in a more...healthy or natural way than the US, just my observation. Violence on the other hand...well, I guess that´s still because of the wars back then...

Anyway, on to happier thoughts. Finished Darkness 2 yesterday after about 7 or 8 hours I would say. Short but sweet game, a perfect rental title if you ask me.
Also, hour 20 has passend in Kingdoms of Amalur and I´m still loving it. It DOES feel like a SP MMO every now and then though, kind of like you´re the only one on a live server...but that´s okay with me, there´s more than enough to do there, everyone and their granny has a quest for you.
And after I tried being a magical Rogue for a while, I respecced back to pure Rogue, it´s just more fun that way since I don´t need spells for anything anyway, I either shoot everyone with my bow or stab them into next week with my daggers. And I finally found a better chestpiece, the old one looked really stupid...

Dr. Boogie Feb 12th, 2012 02:56 PM

Played through AC: Revelations. I did like ACII a lot, but if I wasn't getting these games for cheap, I think I'd have dumped the series by now.

I'll just go ahead and restate the obvious: they're just applying minor changes in the game that really don't enhance the gameplay at all, and at times seem to have just the opposite effect. I can honestly say, for example, that I never thought to myself, "Assassin's Creed is fun, but you know what it really needs: a tower defense mini-game!"

I'm mainly in because I'm curious to see how they're going to wrap up that framing device where Mr. Bland in the future is supposed to be doing stuff when he's not in the VR machine watching his ancestor gouge people's faces with a giant meat hook. They give you a little more at the end of this one, but the more they expand, the weaker and more strained the plot becomes.

Spoilers!

Oh, and when a couple of assassins are kidnapped, Ezio tells his team that they cannot negotiate with kidnappers. Then, when his girlfriend is kidnapped a few hours later, he can't cave to the kidnapper's demands fast enough. I guess being a hypocrite is supposed to be covered by his "nothing is true, everything is permitted" creed.

kahljorn Feb 12th, 2012 07:08 PM

i tried that kingdom of amular gme and i can't get over how big my characters ass is

Mad Melvin Feb 12th, 2012 07:43 PM

Since the sequel is in the making, I finally decided to see what Psychonauts is all about. I feel like an idiot for not picking this up years ago. Pretty much a perfect platformer/adventure. And even manages to be funny.

Emu Feb 14th, 2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 754755)
i tried that kingdom of amular gme and i can't get over how big my characters ass is

male or female. this is important.

kahljorn Feb 14th, 2012 04:49 PM

female

but its stll too big. Like my characters face is all elfish looking and the ass looks all dwarven

it aint right

these are like 55 inch hips we're talking about here

Emu Feb 14th, 2012 05:28 PM

Is there a slider for it? Sometimes there's a slider.

kahljorn Feb 14th, 2012 05:56 PM

nah

i took the clothes off my character though out of curiousity and she looks normal/her ass is fabulous but her face looks little on her body and the shoulders are so huge

darkvare Feb 15th, 2012 10:14 AM

hey by any chance anyone knows where i can get a ps3 game case? i need it cause i got the batman collectors edition and the game is inside the artbook and i don't want to keep the art book on the game drawer

Emu Feb 15th, 2012 10:44 AM

Do you have a GameStop or equivalent nearby? They may be willing to sell/give you an empty case. Otherwise I think you can order them from Sony if you want to have an official case.

Alternative: Buy a cheapo outdated sports title and toss the artwork and keep the box.

darkvare Feb 15th, 2012 03:14 PM

i'm gonna go with the cheap sports game cause i tried the other option with no results

Dr. Boogie Feb 15th, 2012 10:36 PM

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Pack-Original-...9363272&sr=8-5

Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-PlayStatio...item2ebb72738f

There's more examples on those two sites if you don't like the ones in the links.

darkvare Feb 16th, 2012 12:13 AM

they are good offers but the shipping costs make the crappy sports game a cheaper alternative but thanks

Dr. Boogie Feb 16th, 2012 12:46 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Empty-P...item2c63142188

Last one, I swear.

darkvare Feb 16th, 2012 01:08 AM

the shipping is more expensive than the sports game i found

kahljorn Feb 17th, 2012 05:02 AM

anybody want to play titan quest online?

supposedly you can donwload it on the bay and play it for free/use this himachi program

darkvare Feb 17th, 2012 09:11 AM

for free? sure thing

kahljorn Feb 17th, 2012 04:25 PM

just get the one that says it has multiplayer ;o

darkvare Feb 17th, 2012 04:46 PM

lol i know i just need time to download it

kahljorn Feb 17th, 2012 05:06 PM

does it say titan quest + immortal throne multiplayer somesuchshit.

i hope you dont get executed

darkvare Feb 17th, 2012 09:50 PM

yeah that's the one it's already at 90%

kahljorn Feb 17th, 2012 10:07 PM

cool

Phoenix Gamma Feb 17th, 2012 11:11 PM

I got a PS Vita because I have a problem where I have to buy handhelds at launch >:

It's a fucking great system. The firmware needs some tweaking, but the launch lineup is probably the best lineup a handheld has ever had. Lumines, UMvC3, Rayman, and Uncharted are all really good. I love how you can add a custom soundtrack to any game. I plan on sticking to entirely digital downloads for all of the games because fuck carrying game cards.

It could be my favorite handheld ever if they just patch the firmware enough to get rid of a few weird design choices and keep the game library as strong as it is now.

Also, people need to hack this thing pronto. After playing this thing for three days, my iPhone and 3DS just look silly, and I want some emulators on this bad boy. Prettiest screen ever.

zerothree Feb 17th, 2012 11:48 PM

:sigh: I really don't want to buy a Vita. I bought a PSP at launch and didn't really play it much in the 3-ish years I had it, outside of the Megaman remakes. I eventually sold it and like an idiot bought another one when the announced the Ys games were coming out here. Sill, I don't play it that often.

Today at work I was able to try out a Vita and I have mixed feelings on it. I love the screen on it, it really is beautiful. I like the feel of it too, it's a bit larger than the PSP and I could see comfort in long play sessions not being much of an issue. I also like the idea of non-disk based games. The PSP had some really crappy load times in some games and I was always worried about games skipping. However, the few demos I tried out on the Vita had some pretty long load times as well. The analogue sticks feel crappy, they were very loose and didn't have much give to them... I don't really know how to word that better. To me it feels like you move it at all and you're already pressing it as far as it goes. (if that makes any sense)

Also, outside of two games (that are both already on PS3) I don't see anything really worthwhile to pick up at launch. I did check out a confirmed game release list though, and here's where I started the sighing.

There's a motherfucking Ys 4 remake coming out for it. I love Falcom games and I'm really happy to see their games come out in the states, but goddamn it. I really really don't want to drop $250+ for one game. Hopefully when it does come out over here the price of Vita will have dropped.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 18th, 2012 04:57 AM

The reason the sticks don't have much range on them is because they're stumpy because it's a handheld. If they added more physical range to the sticks, they'd be jutting out even more. Its actual input is a lot better than the old nub was though.

The only game I have right now with bad load times is MvC3. I dunno what the fuck Capcom did, but even the menus have load times. It's bad. The other games I have aren't anywhere near that level of bloatedness. (And for what it's worth, PSP games load faster)

The launch lineup isn't perfect, but it's probably the best any system has had (the PSP started off worse, the DS and 3DS started off terrible, and even the consoles have had poor launches). Uncharted, Lumines, Rayman, and Blazblue are all great, a good chunk of the PSP library is available (you can technically load any digitally released PSP game if you own a PS3. For some reason not all of them are on the Vita store so you need to transfer them. Not sure what's up with that.) Plus Gravity Rush looks fantastic.

OxBlood Feb 18th, 2012 06:39 PM

Just finished the SP of Uncharted 3 a few moments ago. This is one of the absolute WORST games I´ve played in the last 5 years. Absolutely horrible. The set-pieces are beautiful, the game looks nice and I like Nate and the gang but the gameplay? Incredibly bad and dated.
The strange thing is, I don´t remember UC2 being so bad, in my memory, it is a fun game...what the fuck happened between 2 and 3....?

Inaccurate and weak guns, enemies that take a whole clip to the chest before dying, Super-Enemies that just walk through a hail of your bullets like it´s nothing, spawning-mechanisms straight out of the early 90s placing enemies wherever the fuck it wants it seems...oh yeah and even an indestructible script-miniboss on the ship. Nice.
Plus, yes, we know Drake gets in sticky situations but the cadence of things blowing up or falling apart is so fucking high in 3 that I actually startet yelling at the TV to get the fuck on with it once I reached the ship.

Oh and what became of all the unlockable stuff like skins, weapons and things like that? I couldn´t find it anywhere...

kahljorn Feb 18th, 2012 07:56 PM

we need more people for titan quest

get it you bitches

Mad Melvin Feb 19th, 2012 04:43 AM

It looks silly.

So no.

Zhukov Feb 19th, 2012 06:09 AM

I've got it lying around here somewhere; it's an awesome game.

I'll install it anyway.

kahljorn Feb 19th, 2012 04:21 PM

its a diablo clone

and you're not invited mad marvin who the hell are you anyway

do you have the expansion pack? if not you should prolly get that
then get fanpatch 1.17a and this program called tunngle which make sit so we can play in a lan

Zhukov Feb 19th, 2012 10:08 PM

Yeah, I have the expansion pack. I played it a bit last night, and I'm moving out of my flat right now, so should be packing rather than on the internet, but I will see if I can set it up for online gaming soon-ish.

kahljorn Feb 20th, 2012 03:00 AM

oh alright.

well just let me know. like i said we can use that tunggle or this other program called himachi to play online.

Mad Melvin Feb 20th, 2012 05:42 AM

Started playing Mafia 2. It's ok, but nothing like it was supposed to be. The first one is better.

Esuohlim Feb 20th, 2012 03:08 PM

Oblivion is boring as shit. I'm moving on to something else.

kahljorn Feb 20th, 2012 04:56 PM

get titans quest so you can play with me and donvare and potentially zhukov

just goto the bay and search what i said to search above

Zomboid Feb 20th, 2012 05:36 PM

When you play games with Darkvare, how do you even communicate?

kahljorn Feb 20th, 2012 07:21 PM

mostly by typing

darkvare Feb 20th, 2012 08:32 PM

kahl stalks me at the LoL chat thing to get me to play titan quest