I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Aaarg Sep 21st, 2009 08:15 PM

Oh man, that's lame.

I see people cutting steep hills with weed whackers. I'd just let it grow!

Tadao Sep 21st, 2009 08:17 PM

I used to, but the cop neighbor liked to call housing police on me. I would let it grow until I got the notice. Get fucked up and cut it down. It'd get so out of control that no mower would stand a chance.

Kitsa Sep 21st, 2009 08:18 PM

I decided a long time ago that if I ever had a property with a steep hill, I'd tether a goat to it.

Tadao Sep 21st, 2009 08:20 PM

If you live in a place like that, there is usually someone nearby who will rent you their goat.

Kitsa Sep 21st, 2009 08:22 PM

No. I want my own goat. And her name will be Sweet Potato.

Wiffles Sep 21st, 2009 08:23 PM

What ever floats your goat ^_^

Kitsa Sep 21st, 2009 08:24 PM

http://askaurinal.com/2009/07/24/nic...ead-of-lotion/ (NSFW possibly?)

Guitar Woman Sep 21st, 2009 09:59 PM

The text for a course I'm re-taking changed. The new book is 80 dollars.

I'm pirating it instead. :lol

Tadao Sep 21st, 2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 649428)
I actually gave a little kid, who was maybe 6 or 7 years old at best, a full box of spaghetti one year because I ran out of candy. His eyes lit up and he went running back to him mom waving the box like it was the greatest treat in the entire world. Easily one of my favorite Halloween memories.

Why do I get the feeling this kid thought he got a full box of candy sticks. :lol

Tadao Sep 21st, 2009 11:05 PM

Womti Sep 21st, 2009 11:28 PM

on with the starch :|

Tadao Sep 21st, 2009 11:35 PM

Tony Starch :lol

Kitsa Sep 22nd, 2009 08:20 AM

I saw boxes of Boo Berry and Frankenberry yesterday at the grocery store and got all excited. Got a box of each ($1.99).

Then the bitch packaged them with lightbulbs :(

I'm all oogy about that. I keep picturing microscopic glass shards in my food. The cereal might as well be ruined.

RaNkeri Sep 22nd, 2009 09:05 AM

Man, what is it with americans being unable to pack their own groceries? :x

stevetothepast Sep 22nd, 2009 09:41 AM

A lot of grocery stores have baggers as well as cashiers at each checkout.

Dimnos Sep 22nd, 2009 09:50 AM

I love those self checkout things. Except when the bagging area has a weight sensor in it. That pisses me off.

Aaarg Sep 22nd, 2009 10:10 AM

Yeah, being a cashier for a long time makes you really judgemental of others' bagging techniques.

So you get to the house before you realize that the bloody ground beef was packaged with the produce or something. In the case of Wal Mart, you get each item in its own individual bag.

stevetothepast Sep 22nd, 2009 10:16 AM

walmart with meat and dairy seems very foreign to me. I mean our's has a dry groceries section but I'm not sure if I'd be buying my steaks from them.

Dimnos Sep 22nd, 2009 10:20 AM

At those prices how could you not?! :eek

Kitsa Sep 22nd, 2009 10:27 AM

Usually I try to bag my own stuff because I'm so damn particular (you know, not wanting ant poison in with my bread, not wanting lightbulbs in with food), but sometimes the bagger is too quick for me. In stores where the baggers are working for tips, bagging your own stuff never happens...they'd sooner grab the groceries out of your hands and do it rather than give up that dollar.

In this case, the cashier had one of those turnaround bag stations and was just throwing stuff in as it came up on the belt. I'd put the household cleaners and lightbulbs well away from the groceries as a hint, but she didn't give a rat's ass and just packaged the first of the household stuff with the last of the food.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 22nd, 2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 649465)
I love those self checkout things. Except when the bagging area has a weight sensor in it. That pisses me off.

OH I HATE THAT TO NO END. That's why I only go through them if I have a small number of items.

Dimnos Sep 22nd, 2009 10:42 AM

PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING SECTION! PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING SECTION! PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING SECTION! PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING SECTION! PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING SECTION! PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING SECTION! PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING SECTION! PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN BAGGING SECTION!

:maul :maul :maul

Dimnos Sep 22nd, 2009 10:43 AM

THERE ISNT ROOM IN YOUR BAGGING SECTION FOR ALL MY SHIT. SHUT THE HELL UP.

Kitsa Sep 22nd, 2009 10:43 AM

I always have something light that doesn't register, and it tells me to please bag it over and over and over again. And the person in charge of the self-checkouts is bullshitting with someone and never comes over when you try to get his attention.

:/

Dimnos Sep 22nd, 2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 649469)
Usually I try to bag my own stuff because I'm so damn particular (you know, not wanting ant poison in with my bread, not wanting lightbulbs in with food), but sometimes the bagger is too quick for me. In stores where the baggers are working for tips, bagging your own stuff never happens...they'd sooner grab the groceries out of your hands and do it rather than give up that dollar.

Tip him to get lost. :lol