I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   what's your favorite game of yesteryear? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699476)

l33tninj4 Apr 9th, 2008 12:08 AM

what's your favorite game of yesteryear?

This is a topic (possibly done countless times before...) to post all you favorite games of all time.

My personal fav's are Star Soldier (NES), Eternal Eyes (PSX), and Rampage (arcade).

Forgive me if this topic already exists already, but I couldn't find it.

BLEU Apr 9th, 2008 12:49 AM

Resident Evil 2. It was the first video game that I really played all the way through.

Had some great scares too.
Spoilers!

Sounds lame, I know, but it was freaky when I was 11. I swear that game is the root of all my anxiety attacks. :shocked

executioneer Apr 9th, 2008 12:55 AM

sweet jesus

Guitar Woman Apr 9th, 2008 01:15 AM

MISCHIEF MAKERS LOCK TOPIC THREAD BACKUPS

executioneer Apr 9th, 2008 01:16 AM

more like chatroom thread :(

GADZOOKS Apr 9th, 2008 01:48 AM

Did he change the title and before it said Most Boring Games? Because that's what I see.

layla17 Apr 9th, 2008 03:42 PM

I think my favorite game of yesteryear has to be Megaman. I love the entire series.

BurntToShreds Apr 9th, 2008 04:52 PM

It's a toss-up between GoldenEye 007 and as GW mentioned, Mischief Makers.

SHAKE SHAKE!!

mew barios Apr 9th, 2008 07:07 PM

your yesteryear is like my yesterday

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 9th, 2008 07:31 PM

burn.

Action Ham Apr 12th, 2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLEU (Post 546739)
Resident Evil 2. It was the first video game that I really played all the way through.

Had some great scares too.
Spoilers!

Sounds lame, I know, but it was freaky when I was 11. I swear that game is the root of all my anxiety attacks. :shocked

Well that's not what happened when I played it. I didn't even check the moniter and the bastard was right around the corner. Though I'm not particularly fond of resident evil's "horror" style. It's more of a "BOO LOL I SCARD JOO" than it is anything else. Also, fuck you, licker in the interrogation room.

stitchfan626 Apr 13th, 2008 02:00 AM

Favorite Games of Yesteryear:
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis)
TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES)

Fat_Hippo Apr 14th, 2008 10:02 AM

I've always liked the first Monkey Island...yeah, I'd say that's my favorite.

StalfrosGR Apr 14th, 2008 02:14 PM

I am a big fan of Mrs. Pac-Man. I used to be shoved in a Day Care in the late 80's which was pretty much just some lady's modified garage. Her husband would fix Arcade machines as a job (I couldn't believe that job even existed at the time!) and he had a pretty awesome collection himself.

He kept his Mrs. Pac-Man machine in the garage with the kids and that is where I would gravitate every afternoon. Every now and then I'll be at a Dave n Busters or other bastardized version the classic arcade and hit the Mrs. Pac-Man/Galaga machine and play for an hour.

MadballChibcha Apr 16th, 2008 07:20 PM

That depends on what do you think of "yesteryear", because I can track the following:

Faxanadu on the NES
Contra series on said system (I didnīt get to play TAW until recently)
Super Mario series on NES and SNES
Zelda on SNES and N64
Duke Nukem 3D on PC
Doom 2 on PC
Ironsword on NES

T-Rex Apr 18th, 2008 04:27 AM

NBA Jam. Look at the dunks! Everybody who's old enough knows, the 90's were all about dunking.

Was there anything more thrilling than doing a dunk so badass that you broke the backboard? It would go into slow motion, the cameras in the crowd would start flashing, and the announcer would shout "BOOMSHAKALAKA!" as the backboard burst into a thousand little glass shards from the sheer awesomeness of summersault dunking.

Also, as it was the 90's, the players who wore the sports goggles instantly reminded me of Steve Urkel from Family Matters. This only served to enhance the entertainment value for me.

stitchfan626 Apr 21st, 2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Rex (Post 550154)
NBA Jam. Look at the dunks! Everybody who's old enough knows, the 90's were all about dunking.

Was there anything more thrilling than doing a dunk so badass that you broke the backboard? It would go into slow motion, the cameras in the crowd would start flashing, and the announcer would shout "BOOMSHAKALAKA!" as the backboard burst into a thousand little glass shards from the sheer awesomeness of summersault dunking.

Also, as it was the 90's, the players who wore the sports goggles instantly reminded me of Steve Urkel from Family Matters. This only served to enhance the entertainment value for me.

you mean like Horace Grant? because he was one of them. i still remember when the orlando magic was in the eastern conference finals in '95 and
even disney was catching magic fever. so much so that the ended up placing some huge "horace grant" style goggles on the Disney-MGM (now hollywood) studios' water tower.

Nick Apr 21st, 2008 01:28 PM

Landstalker, Vectorman, Ecco the Dolphin. Why did Sega forsake thee. :(

Grislygus Apr 21st, 2008 01:37 PM

Crystal Castles, Satan's Hollow, Warlords, and Sinistar :love

Not that more than four people in this thread would know what the fuck those are

Nick Apr 21st, 2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 550801)
Crystal Castles, Satan's Hollow, Warlords, and Sinistar :love

Not that more than four people in this thread would know what the fuck those are

BEWARE I LIVE!

Bought the PS2 arcade collections. I love classic arcade games.

Grislygus Apr 21st, 2008 01:42 PM

You can get Crystal Castles on the PS2?!

Why the fuck didn't anyone tell me this

Grislygus Apr 21st, 2008 01:46 PM

Wai,t you just mean the Midway one

aww, you bastard :(

Nick Apr 21st, 2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 550808)
Wai,t you just mean the Midway one

aww, you bastard :(

Crystal Castles was included with the "Atari Anthology" collection. It's been out for the Xbox, PS2 and PC for three or four years now.

Grislygus Apr 21st, 2008 02:01 PM

That's unbelievably awesome

Nick Apr 21st, 2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 550815)
That's unbelievably awesome

I know, right?