I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Jan 27th, 2010 12:39 AM

Okay, nevermind. NMH2 is starting to be more fun now. Fuck yes, dual wielding light sabers, ninja chick with a jump button, and crazy Irish jedi. Some of the bosses require stupid amounts of hits, though, and the minigame to increase your attack has some weird collision. I like that they're mixing up the ranked missions, though, even if Revenge Missions have absolutely zero reward to them.

MarioRPG Jan 27th, 2010 08:33 PM

Starting up SNATCHER because Hadas mentioned a game made by the same guy so I decided to actually play it then let it sit on my hard drive.

OxBlood Jan 28th, 2010 04:27 AM

Been playing the pc-version of Mass Effect 2 while I wait for my 360-version to get shipped. Yes, wanting to play a game can make you drive over to the store, walz through the games-section angily mumbling to you self, and then you feel bad for the rest of the day because you essentially payed another 50€ just to play the game NOW instead of next week.

Thanks to my rather old PC, it looks and performs like the 360 ME1...rather bad, but what the hell.

Concerning the game itself...AWESOME! Not sure I like some of the changes they made but still, there´s so much soul and heart in that game, I do think I already have my GOTY 2010.

Fathom Zero Jan 28th, 2010 07:07 AM

YOUR ASSERTION THAT THE FIRST MASS EFFECT IS UGLY ANNOYS ME

Guitar Woman Jan 28th, 2010 10:50 AM

It was ugly as fuck, though

Not to mention horrible!

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 28th, 2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 670049)
It was ugly as fuck, though

Not to mention horrible!

Did you have the television ON when you were playing?

Fathom Zero Jan 28th, 2010 11:34 AM

It was beautiful. The only problem with the graphics were the ugly terrain textures of those extraneous, side-mission planets and the bizarre texture load times.

King Hadas Jan 28th, 2010 11:58 AM

I can't find fault with it's graphics but I hated Mass Effect's game mechanics.

Thinking of Mass Effect, when you make your character do you try to make them as ugly as possible? Since I can't make a character that looks like me I tend to make them either stupid looking or real frumpy.

Guitar Woman Jan 28th, 2010 02:19 PM

I'd spend like 15 minutes in the character creator making someone I thought looked like a babe capable of kicking substantial ass and garnering much wealth and respek knuckles, only to find out once I actually started playing that she looked fucking retarded in cutscenes and had developed a severe case of Librarian's Turtle Lip in the two seconds between exiting character genesis and the game's opening.

Getting past that, I still fucking hated playing the goddamn thing.

I did try to make a ridiculously ugly character at one point, but it's not nearly as hilarious as Oblivion where you can distort the sliders so hard you end up with something resembling Jar Jar Binks after having his head flattened like a Chinook child.

This abomination was made twice as terrifying when I opted for it to be a female character that ran around in undergarments punching people in the face.

OxBlood Jan 28th, 2010 04:54 PM

I never said that ME1 was ugly, it just had severe framerate-issues AND the second one looks a little better. Take my weak PC that shows me about 80% of the details of ME2 and you get something like ME1. Nothing to do with ugly.

Trying out the Vanguard right now, my class of choice from the first game...but I don´t really like him that much this time. Too strange somehow and that charge thing is just a test to see if you are stupid enough to actually charge into more than one enemy...

Fathom Zero Jan 28th, 2010 07:51 PM

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/arcan...magick_obscura

woooo

Sam Jan 28th, 2010 07:54 PM

:O no waaayyyyyy

BatmanJohnson Jan 28th, 2010 11:44 PM

Just got a Ps3, Playing sooooo many games. Working on Metal Gear 4, Katamari Forever, Infamous, and to a much lesser extent warhawk.

*edit* Feel free to add me on PsN If you feel so inclined. Batmanjohnson.

Dr. Boogie Jan 28th, 2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 670108)

Man, I played the shit out of that back in the day.

Is that the latest patched version where they toned down the pyrotechnic axe, because that thing was ridiculous?

Bubsy Jan 29th, 2010 12:26 AM

cureent playing ME2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i ordered TVCC for the BABY WIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol still hasnt come in yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Fathom Zero Jan 29th, 2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 670156)
Man, I played the shit out of that back in the day.

Is that the latest patched version where they toned down the pyrotechnic axe, because that thing was ridiculous?

Man, I don't even know. I can only assume as much. I never played it the first go around. Still love it.

dextire Jan 29th, 2010 01:12 AM

Just finished part one of "Final Fantasy IV: The After Years".
A little short, but a lot of fun if you like old school Final Fantasy.
I'm getting part two tomorrow.

Dr. Boogie Jan 29th, 2010 01:28 AM

Bangai-O Spirits

I love that there can be so many missiles at once on the screen that the game actually locks up for a few seconds.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 29th, 2010 01:34 AM

Beat No More Heroes 2. Kind of anticlimactic, and those last few levels were tedious exercises in attacking goons for 30 minutes on end in the same room.

bigtimecow Jan 29th, 2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubsy (Post 670158)
cureent playing ME2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i ordered TVCC for the BABY WIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol still hasnt come in yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

bubsyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Boogie Jan 30th, 2010 05:15 AM

Started up Mass Effect again.

It turns out that in the two years since the PC version was release, Bioware hasn't done a damn thing to fix the permanent overheating bug I mentioned when I reviewed the game. Sure, they know about it and acknowledge it, but the only fixes are shaky, unofficial workarounds. Great company.

Fathom Zero Jan 30th, 2010 06:40 AM

Started up Bioshock again. Playing it on Hard. And it is hard.

MarioRPG Jan 30th, 2010 05:00 PM

Finished off Majora's Mask with 19 hearts. Still playing SNATCHER and trying out Policenauts too. Both are cool but there's a lot of "hey you haven't seen all the evidence in this room keep looking" for me because I'm impatient.

Zomboid Jan 30th, 2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 670287)
Started up Mass Effect again.

It turns out that in the two years since the PC version was release, Bioware hasn't done a damn thing to fix the permanent overheating bug I mentioned when I reviewed the game. Sure, they know about it and acknowledge it, but the only fixes are shaky, unofficial workarounds. Great company.

I've actually spoken with one of the guys responsible for that glitch, and he said that he left it in there just to spite you.

Dr. Boogie Jan 30th, 2010 06:55 PM

So that's why my name was in the "Special Thanks" part of the credits.