I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Games you just fucking gave up on. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699346)

Dr. Boogie Apr 7th, 2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action Ham (Post 546041)
You got past the room with all the worms?

Yeah, barely. I'd get about halfway through the room, only to have the stupid tuning fork break, leaving me high and dry in worm country. It got to the point where I had to memorize the first few steps through the room, and then use the fork when I couldn't remember any more.

executioneer Apr 7th, 2008 01:53 AM

i beat that game :(

with a walkthrough, unfortunately :(

BLEU Apr 7th, 2008 02:49 AM

Clock Tower, SNES.

I kept getting lost, and could never figure out the "cradel under the star" puzzle or whatever that crap was. I beat the PS1 game, though.

Kilgore Cod Apr 7th, 2008 12:21 PM

I also had to give up on Lufia II for the SNES. Nay...I was forced to give it up. I got all the way to the last dungeon that had a puzzle where you have to cut down some grass before it grows again. It was much harder than it sounds. Since I was playng via an emulator at the time with a keyboard, it was practically impossible to input the commands fast enough before the plants started growing again.

I really liked that game too :(

Pub Lover Apr 7th, 2008 01:45 PM

Run the game slower?

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 7th, 2008 04:15 PM

Get a PC controller or a SNES gamepad adapter?

Kilgore Cod Apr 7th, 2008 07:34 PM

Shit that was so long ago, maybe 7-8 years ago. If I still had the game I'd try again with an actual controller but I don't have the time to do that all over again.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 7th, 2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgore Cod (Post 546145)
I also had to give up on Lufia II for the SNES. Nay...I was forced to give it up. I got all the way to the last dungeon that had a puzzle where you have to cut down some grass before it grows again. It was much harder than it sounds. Since I was playng via an emulator at the time with a keyboard, it was practically impossible to input the commands fast enough before the plants started growing again.

I really liked that game too :(

You have to use the fire arrows for that, One of my favorite games but I played through it long before the internet and I'm pretty sure no other console game had more aggravating puzzles.

DeadKennedys Apr 8th, 2008 12:59 AM

Also, Out of This World for SNES. Just too fucking scary and everything kills you in one shot

BLEU Apr 8th, 2008 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadKennedys (Post 546398)
Also, Out of This World for SNES.

Me too. Out of This World was an awesome, innovative game but I never got more than like 20 minuates into it. It was just more frustrating than fun for me.

That's one of those games I should probably revisit.

T-Rex Apr 8th, 2008 05:16 AM

In Call Of Duty 4, the mission where you wear the camo suits, has anyone beat this level on the hardest difficulty setting? The part right at the end where you have to wait for the chopper to pick you up, I tried for about 2 hours and just gave up. It's the hardest thing ever.

Fat_Hippo Apr 8th, 2008 08:02 AM

Afte a long, long...long time, I beat it. Yeah, it's fucking hard. I hid behind the bumper car house for most of the time, occasionaly jumping up and shooting some people, and hiding when I took damage; still nearly died when I finally made it though. Throw some grenades and try to kill as many as you can before the helicopter comes, so you don't have to kill them later.

MarioRPG Apr 8th, 2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLEU (Post 546413)
Me too. Out of This World was an awesome, innovative game but I never got more than like 20 minuates into it. It was just more frustrating than fun for me.

That's one of those games I should probably revisit.

Thirded. My friend had it and I only got a bit into the second level.

Esuohlim Apr 8th, 2008 03:19 PM

I recently gave up on Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time because it's pretty boring.

GADZOOKS Apr 8th, 2008 03:41 PM

Superstar Saga is better :(

Sam Apr 8th, 2008 06:26 PM

I have both and I gave up on both of them. :(

GADZOOKS Apr 8th, 2008 07:36 PM

It's the only non-earthbound RPG worth playing.