I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Bloodcurdling Box Art Of Horror Video Games! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708987)

MockBot Oct 17th, 2013 02:29 PM

The Bloodcurdling Box Art Of Horror Video Games!

Automatically generated comment thread for The Bloodcurdling Box Art Of Horror Video Games!.

PreApocalyptica Oct 17th, 2013 04:13 PM

I always liked the original Resident Evil box art just for how terrible it was.
Look out, Chris Redfield on speed! Those two identical ghost spiders are right behind you!
PS. I don't think Maximo and Arthur are the same character.

Wyckid Oct 17th, 2013 04:59 PM

I hate being THAT GUY, but the character from the original G&G games is named Sir Arthur, not Maximo. Maximo is a different character from a later game. DAMN! I just noticed that PreApocalyptica beat me to it!

MarioRPG Oct 17th, 2013 05:56 PM

Can't wait to see what Resident Evil titles inevitably make it on to the list. I always liked 4's gamecube cover.

Sean Joseph Oct 17th, 2013 07:26 PM

Dude, I SO did not know that Ghouls 'n' Ghosts was available on the Sega Master System! Nor did I know that you could play Chiller & Splatterhouse on home systems; I thought they were available only in the arcades. This site continues to blow my mind even after years of coming to it. I started coming here when the most recent article was The McFlurry Maker, I think. Yeah, and seeing that picture of Haunted House for the Atari 2600 makes me feel like I'm living in the mid-80's once again.

MasterD Oct 17th, 2013 09:13 PM

Don't forget, some box art is in an entirely different level of scary! I mean, look!---

Alan Bates Oct 17th, 2013 11:42 PM

Chakan the forever man was always a personal favorite of mine.

toolz88 Oct 18th, 2013 01:10 AM

I loved Monster Party ever since it came out all those years ago,because of the box art. I didn't even know what the game was even about but I knew I had to have it(by the way it was not that great of a game)twas quite a shame though. Also Ghouls 'N' Ghost for the Sega Genesis was such a superior game than the one for the Sega Master System.

Aaarg Oct 18th, 2013 09:59 AM

those aren't vampire bats, those are fruit bats!

slodaddio Oct 18th, 2013 11:45 PM

I was just doing some research on horror-themed covers because, honestly I don't remember them all, but some interesting ones came up. Check out Phantom Fighter and Dr Chaos for NES. Also Castlevania Bloodlines for Sega Genesis is totally boss and Zombies Ate My Neighbors mimics a 50's hysteria-induced style.

monster_movie_night Oct 19th, 2013 10:15 PM

I like the remake picture of Ghost N Goblins gameboy color more and did he just called Arthur Maximo ? Clock Tower However is a game where you play as different characters at different locations trying to get away from a killer without fighting back . Maybe you guys should talk about other games outside the nes since there are several horror titles worth talking about .

HowardC Oct 20th, 2013 02:19 AM

Totally unrelated, but I just cracked open a box of Frute Brute. It's pretty good! It has kind of a fruit loops flavor to it, but with marshmellows. So needless to say well worth the 30 years to get this guy back out again.

I picked up Yummy Mummy as well, but I can only eat so much cereal at a time, so I doubt I'll get to it until after Halloween.

cavemanbabe Oct 20th, 2013 06:18 PM

Can this be considered as self promotion.

HillBoyJr Oct 25th, 2013 01:44 PM

i seriously had to research if the art for Nightmare in the Dark was done by Mike Mignola...sadly i don't think it was.

xxMURPHxx Jun 4th, 2014 09:10 PM

Lol....Friday the 13th was probably one the worst games ever........I just remember running around that stupid lake forever...