I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 10:11 AM

Im on my 2nd play through on Dragon Age. Just went to the mage tower and and killed Wynn right off the bat. :lol To hell with that old bag.

Zomboid Jan 19th, 2010 11:17 AM

I did that too on my second playthrough. I've also been telling Alistair to fuck off every chance I get.

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 11:37 AM

Im trying not to use Alistair this time around. Although he makes one hell of a tank so its kind of hard. Sten just cant take as much punishment. :\

Zomboid Jan 19th, 2010 12:03 PM

The first time through, I was the tank of the group, so it wasn't a problem, but I still ended up using Alistair in some parts. My group was usually Alistair, Morrigan, and Dog. Shale is also a reeeeeally good tank and I used it a lot during the first playthrough and that's continuing into the second.

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 12:16 PM

Please tell me the dog gets better. I didnt use him last time but Im trying to now. He doesnt seam to do much good other than his AOE stun.

executioneer Jan 19th, 2010 02:55 PM

i used alistair + dog + morrigan until i got wynne, because fuck not having a healer and fuck listening to someone bitch about every decision i make

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 02:58 PM

Who was bitching? I think you can tell Morrigan to STFU and you can "harden" Alistair so he doesnt cry about doing evil things.

executioneer Jan 19th, 2010 03:10 PM

well i don't do evil things so it was just morrigan

THIS IS, IN MY OPINION, THE MAIN ADVANTAGE OF THE DOG: IT NEVER SAYS SHIT

also: fuck romance subplots

Dimnos Jan 19th, 2010 03:16 PM

YOU DONT DO EVIL?! :hypno

executioneer Jan 19th, 2010 03:16 PM

not on the first run, anyways

Babs Jan 19th, 2010 07:21 PM

Recently pulled the Dreamcast out of the wood works and couldn't be happier doing so. Nothing better than making a dozen or so self bootable Dreamcast games.

Currently playing Skies of Arcadia.

Zomboid Jan 19th, 2010 08:08 PM

I liked the dog, but that might be partially because with the Human Noble origin, he's your first ally, so I'd been leveling him from the start and I learned to use him pretty well.

I'll just train Morrigan with some healing shit this go around.

darkvare Jan 19th, 2010 09:22 PM

damn i already finished dead space is really short :/

Fathom Zero Jan 19th, 2010 10:32 PM

ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 2000 AWWWW YEAH

LordSappington Jan 19th, 2010 11:56 PM

I only have the Swamp Fever chapter to beat before I have all the achievements for L4D2. I play through all the levels no problem; I only used maybe two medkits. So, I get to the plantation house, and hold up pretty damn well for a while.
Then, out of nowhere, another Tank comes in, beats the fuck out of me, and dies. So I figure I'll heal while I have a chance. Right about when I'm halfway through, all at once, a Smoker drags Rochelle across the field, a Charger takes Coach across to the other side, Nick outright got killed somehow, and I'm just running for the boat for my last bit of hope.
Then, I got flanked by three Tanks. THREE. I didn't even know the game could DO that.
Fuck you, Valve. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 20th, 2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 668491)
I only have the Swamp Fever chapter to beat before I have all the achievements for L4D2. I play through all the levels no problem; I only used maybe two medkits. So, I get to the plantation house, and hold up pretty damn well for a while.
Then, out of nowhere, another Tank comes in, beats the fuck out of me, and dies. So I figure I'll heal while I have a chance. Right about when I'm halfway through, all at once, a Smoker drags Rochelle across the field, a Charger takes Coach across to the other side, Nick outright got killed somehow, and I'm just running for the boat for my last bit of hope.
Then, I got flanked by three Tanks. THREE. I didn't even know the game could DO that.

Yeah, just in that finale the Tri-Fecta Tank totally takes your top off. By top I mean your head.

Dimnos Jan 20th, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 668491)

I still havent even opened my L4D2. Damn you Dragon Age. :(

dextire Jan 20th, 2010 03:20 PM

The problem of having too many good games is a great problem to have. :)

bigtimecow Jan 20th, 2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 668483)
damn i already finished dead space is really short :/

and really fucking repetative. which is too bad, because the controls for that game are great and the atmosphere is perfect for a horror game

Fathom Zero Jan 20th, 2010 05:12 PM

I don't agree. Nor do I believe it was too long.

Dimnos Jan 20th, 2010 05:23 PM

I think it, Dead Space, should have been more "open world". Instead of the "Here is a section of the space station you can explore for now and these are the objectives for this section.". If the game had just dropped you off and then killed off most of your team, like it did, then just left you to hopefully find your girl friend or wife or whatever she was and a way off, it would have been much better IMO. Kind of like a 3rd person Metroid.

darkvare Jan 20th, 2010 08:34 PM

the last boss was a joke all i had to do was crab walking and he didn't even touched me, ah well i'm gonna make a trophy run for the trophies i missed

after i finish god of war 2 in titan mode and soul reaver and resident evil 2 :P

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 20th, 2010 08:56 PM

HHUUUNNNKKKK

LordSappington Jan 20th, 2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 668634)
I think it, Dead Space, should have been more "open world". Instead of the "Here is a section of the space station you can explore for now and these are the objectives for this section.". If the game had just dropped you off and then killed off most of your team, like it did, then just left you to hopefully find your girl friend or wife or whatever she was and a way off, it would have been much better IMO. Kind of like a 3rd person Metroid.

From what I understand, Dead Space 2 is going to be a lot more like that. I'm going nuts in anticipation; Dead Space is easily my favorite game.

liquidstatik Jan 21st, 2010 12:34 AM

executioneer Jan 21st, 2010 01:15 AM

what did everyone playing DA name their dog

i named mine SHITHEAD :eek

OxBlood Jan 21st, 2010 04:02 AM

My dog´s name was Loki, somehow I thought that was the only name he could possibly have, anything else would be silly :)

Mockery Jan 21st, 2010 05:09 AM

Traded in some old freebie DVDs at Amoeba music and noticed they had a used copy of Deadspace. That's a PS3 game I didn't have so I figured what the hell. I'm enjoying it so far... particularly stomping on things like crazy and slowing down time with stasis.

OxBlood Jan 21st, 2010 07:47 AM

I made the mistake to get on the hypetrain for Mass Effect 2...damn I want that game...should be really really awesome...but noooo I have to wait until Feb 2nd or something like that...

Pentegarn Jan 21st, 2010 08:52 AM

That's not that far off though. At least they haven't bumped it back lately :knockonwood

LordSappington Jan 21st, 2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 668740)
Traded in some old freebie DVDs at Amoeba music and noticed they had a used copy of Deadspace. That's a PS3 game I didn't have so I figured what the hell. I'm enjoying it so far... particularly stomping on things like crazy and slowing down time with stasis.

Any game that lets you curbstomp zombie babies is a winner in my book.

kahljorn Jan 21st, 2010 07:56 PM

Is DW and dragon age the same thing? Cause i named my dog Refugio :O

Sam Jan 21st, 2010 08:00 PM

I named mine dog "Dog" :(

executioneer Jan 21st, 2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 668867)
Is DW and dragon age the same thing? Cause i named my dog Refugio :O

YES WHOOPS :x i got two things with dragons in them mixed up

Zomboid Jan 21st, 2010 11:44 PM

Bart, and then Lono. After my real dogs :O

Phoenix Gamma Jan 22nd, 2010 02:17 AM

Started playing Fire Emblem 4. Supposedly it's the best in the series. The characters are kinda lame, but the cool part is making your troops hook up and have kids join your ranks when the game jumps ahead a few years.

Dr. Boogie Jan 22nd, 2010 03:43 AM

Dark Void.

The game is so short, and the story so disjointed and rushed, that I didn't even realize I was playing the final level until the jetpack was destroyed in the final cutscene.

In any case, it only took me a single afternoon to play from start to finish, and I can't see myself playing it again on account of the lousy flight controls for the PC.

OxBlood Jan 22nd, 2010 04:28 AM

I hope you just rented it?

Dr. Boogie Jan 22nd, 2010 06:18 AM

In a way, yes.

Zhukov Jan 22nd, 2010 07:01 AM

You wouldn't burn a purse.

MarioRPG Jan 22nd, 2010 02:34 PM

Zhukov, you are great.

darkvare Jan 22nd, 2010 02:45 PM

i bougth mgs anyone wanna play mgonlie add my psn donvarone

Dimnos Jan 22nd, 2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 668727)
what did everyone playing DA name their dog

i named mine SHITHEAD :eek

Bear on my first go round. Then Teener this time.

Nick Jan 22nd, 2010 07:04 PM

I named my dog Tom.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 23rd, 2010 01:16 AM

My buddy got an arcade rip of the new BlazBlue game, which I guess runs off of Windows XP?

Game's pretty sweet. I mean, it's BlazBlue, but more of it. Which is awesome.

Zomboid Jan 23rd, 2010 03:57 PM

SO BACK TO DRAGON AGE: I've logged over 100 hours in this game. I love when I really get my money's worth. Long live Bioware.

darkvare Jan 23rd, 2010 10:43 PM

i wanna try dragon age but i'm short in funds and they don't have it for rent i would buy it but i'm saving to go to a metallica concert

Nick Jan 23rd, 2010 11:34 PM

Just listen to some Linkin Park on youtube. You should be able to afford Dragon Age then.

You know instead of listening to it in concert.

You get it?

I'm comparing Metallica to Linkin Park.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 23rd, 2010 11:36 PM

I might try it. Now that I reformatted my computer and deleted a bunch of shovelware shit that came with it, I actually have space for that whopping 20Gb install.

darkvare Jan 23rd, 2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 669288)
Just listen to some Linkin Park on youtube. You should be able to afford Dragon Age then.
You know instead of listening to it in concert.
You get it?
I'm comparing Metallica to Linkin Park.

is really more about the trip rather than the concert

executioneer Jan 24th, 2010 12:55 AM

X-COM: UFO DEFENSE :eek

Sam Jan 24th, 2010 02:31 AM

WILLLLLIEEEEE

I was playing The Dig and Indiana Jones and Atlantis or some shit :(

SUPER AWESOME

oh and Torchlight

kahljorn Jan 24th, 2010 08:20 AM

I like dragon age but it kinda gives me the impression that its basically like five dungeons and then the end of the game, but maybe I'm wrong.

also the origin stories kind of seem retarded cause its like, "here's ten minutes of something different at the very begining of the game then the rest will be pretty much the same" but again I haven't played it as much as some of you.

bigtimecow Jan 24th, 2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 669303)
WILLLLLIEEEEE

I was playing The Dig and Indiana Jones and Atlantis or some shit :(

the dig got so fucking confusing because all of its puzzles weren't based in reality :( just this crazy alien technology that i don't understand

i have both indy games and want to try them, which should i start with?

Chojin Jan 24th, 2010 12:24 PM

fate of atlantis

bigtimecow Jan 24th, 2010 03:37 PM

then i shall start that soon

while awaiting that answer i started secret of evermore. so far the gameplay is :love, and the main character's fake pop culture references are kind of lol

darkvare Jan 24th, 2010 04:32 PM

is secret of evermore the game where your dog changes with the time period you are in?

Guitar Woman Jan 24th, 2010 04:36 PM

Yeah, that's the one.

I always thought it was way better than Secret of Mana. Not that it's hard to be better than Secret of Mana.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 24th, 2010 10:30 PM

I really didn't like Secret of Mana when I tried it a few years ago. Just felt kinda janky and lame.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was leaked this morning. Been playing that with my roommates. Have everyone but Yatterman-2 unlocked. Pretty fucking fun, despite the fact that I have no idea what a "Yatterman" is. Frank West is totally fucking awesome and really fun to play. Whole game's really good; fast and crazy, but more tame than MvC2, which is a pro and a con.

lumpisan Jan 24th, 2010 11:28 PM

FF3 just dusted off the ol snes

executioneer Jan 25th, 2010 03:05 AM

HEY SAM CHECK UR PMS FOR A SUPRISE

Fathom Zero Jan 25th, 2010 03:16 AM

DEAD RISING :eek

OxBlood Jan 25th, 2010 05:12 AM

Mass Effect 1 for the final time. This way, I get my 60-Shepard where I want him to be and I get to remember the smaller aspects of the story as well when Part 2 arrives next week...

MarioRPG Jan 25th, 2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 669468)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was leaked this morning. Been playing that with my roommates. Have everyone but Yatterman-2 unlocked. Pretty fucking fun, despite the fact that I have no idea what a "Yatterman" is..

I'm probably getting the game despite I do not know what Tatsunoko is. :lol

Dimnos Jan 25th, 2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 669392)
Yeah, that's the one.

I always thought it was way better than Secret of Mana. Not that it's hard to be better than Secret of Mana.

Overall you are probably right. However if you had a multitap and two friends to play with, Secret of Mana was pretty fucking bad ass.

Dimnos Jan 25th, 2010 10:39 AM

Back in its day that is... :\

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 25th, 2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 669392)
Yeah, that's the one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 669468)
I really didn't like Secret of Mana when I tried it a few years ago. Just felt kinda janky and lame.

Pfft, you two are both lame. Secret of Mana is amazing. You just need to play it with two or three people. We used to rent Secret of Mana and then Super Bomberman because it came with the multi-tap so three of us could play SOM at the same time.

edit: Beaten to the punch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 669562)
Overall you are probably right. However if you had a multitap and two friends to play with, Secret of Mana was pretty fucking bad ass.

Didn't see that you already posted that ahead of me. I only got as far down the page as "I didn't like Secret of Mana" and my fingers started replying automatically in fury.

King Hadas Jan 25th, 2010 11:53 AM

Policenauts was fan-translated recently and I'm playing it now. I like it. Though, I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that your character is given the option to grope and harass nearly every girl in the game. The scene with Chris and the massquito is just embarrassing.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 25th, 2010 05:05 PM

Another leak: No More Heroes 2.

Pros: still silly. Actually, they crank the silliness up to 11. The second boss is a mech fight. Blowing up the other mech results in assassins #50-26 being killed. Woops. Also, no overworld and no mandatory jobs. The jobs are all optional. Oh, and Classic Controller support.

Cons: You're still mashing A to win (unless playing with classic controller. Then high and low attacks are mapped to two different buttons). Game still feels janky, and really dated compared to the recent Bayonetta. Lotta closeups on ugly textures and inconsistent framerate during cutscenes. Plus, I'm at a point where OMG8BITGAEMZ has lost its novelty and feels a little like pandering. Also, no cellphone conversations yet?

Eh, I'd give it a C, maybe B- at best.

darkvare Jan 25th, 2010 06:22 PM

i finally downloaded the 1.34 update for mgo i effing love this multiplayer i already got to level one in less than half an hour

Fathom Zero Jan 25th, 2010 06:24 PM

I stopped at 18 or something. Had a bunch of friends with it, so it was fun for a while. I'd be an asshole and use the Moisin Nagant for everything and get all stuns with no kills. Stuns put the enemy out of the game indefinitely, whereas, if one kills them, they can respawn. I loved getting headshots with it. LIGHTS OUT, MF.

darkvare Jan 25th, 2010 06:31 PM

yeah i have 75% of my kills done with head shots i'm a beast with the sniper

Fathom Zero Jan 25th, 2010 07:03 PM

For kills, I loved the SVD. Even just running around with it and coming across people, three quick body shots takes 'em out. It was the only weapon I went for in deathmatches.

Zhukov Jan 25th, 2010 10:11 PM

I really want to be playing either The Neverhood or Zork: Grand inquisitor.

Babs Jan 26th, 2010 02:57 AM

Quake III arena for dreamcast. Just finishing connecting this sore thumb of a system to my PC via dial up cable so I can play online with it.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 27th, 2010 12:39 AM

Okay, nevermind. NMH2 is starting to be more fun now. Fuck yes, dual wielding light sabers, ninja chick with a jump button, and crazy Irish jedi. Some of the bosses require stupid amounts of hits, though, and the minigame to increase your attack has some weird collision. I like that they're mixing up the ranked missions, though, even if Revenge Missions have absolutely zero reward to them.

MarioRPG Jan 27th, 2010 08:33 PM

Starting up SNATCHER because Hadas mentioned a game made by the same guy so I decided to actually play it then let it sit on my hard drive.

OxBlood Jan 28th, 2010 04:27 AM

Been playing the pc-version of Mass Effect 2 while I wait for my 360-version to get shipped. Yes, wanting to play a game can make you drive over to the store, walz through the games-section angily mumbling to you self, and then you feel bad for the rest of the day because you essentially payed another 50€ just to play the game NOW instead of next week.

Thanks to my rather old PC, it looks and performs like the 360 ME1...rather bad, but what the hell.

Concerning the game itself...AWESOME! Not sure I like some of the changes they made but still, there´s so much soul and heart in that game, I do think I already have my GOTY 2010.

Fathom Zero Jan 28th, 2010 07:07 AM

YOUR ASSERTION THAT THE FIRST MASS EFFECT IS UGLY ANNOYS ME

Guitar Woman Jan 28th, 2010 10:50 AM

It was ugly as fuck, though

Not to mention horrible!

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 28th, 2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 670049)
It was ugly as fuck, though

Not to mention horrible!

Did you have the television ON when you were playing?

Fathom Zero Jan 28th, 2010 11:34 AM

It was beautiful. The only problem with the graphics were the ugly terrain textures of those extraneous, side-mission planets and the bizarre texture load times.

King Hadas Jan 28th, 2010 11:58 AM

I can't find fault with it's graphics but I hated Mass Effect's game mechanics.

Thinking of Mass Effect, when you make your character do you try to make them as ugly as possible? Since I can't make a character that looks like me I tend to make them either stupid looking or real frumpy.

Guitar Woman Jan 28th, 2010 02:19 PM

I'd spend like 15 minutes in the character creator making someone I thought looked like a babe capable of kicking substantial ass and garnering much wealth and respek knuckles, only to find out once I actually started playing that she looked fucking retarded in cutscenes and had developed a severe case of Librarian's Turtle Lip in the two seconds between exiting character genesis and the game's opening.

Getting past that, I still fucking hated playing the goddamn thing.

I did try to make a ridiculously ugly character at one point, but it's not nearly as hilarious as Oblivion where you can distort the sliders so hard you end up with something resembling Jar Jar Binks after having his head flattened like a Chinook child.

This abomination was made twice as terrifying when I opted for it to be a female character that ran around in undergarments punching people in the face.

OxBlood Jan 28th, 2010 04:54 PM

I never said that ME1 was ugly, it just had severe framerate-issues AND the second one looks a little better. Take my weak PC that shows me about 80% of the details of ME2 and you get something like ME1. Nothing to do with ugly.

Trying out the Vanguard right now, my class of choice from the first game...but I don´t really like him that much this time. Too strange somehow and that charge thing is just a test to see if you are stupid enough to actually charge into more than one enemy...

Fathom Zero Jan 28th, 2010 07:51 PM

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/arcan...magick_obscura

woooo

Sam Jan 28th, 2010 07:54 PM

:O no waaayyyyyy

BatmanJohnson Jan 28th, 2010 11:44 PM

Just got a Ps3, Playing sooooo many games. Working on Metal Gear 4, Katamari Forever, Infamous, and to a much lesser extent warhawk.

*edit* Feel free to add me on PsN If you feel so inclined. Batmanjohnson.

Dr. Boogie Jan 28th, 2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 670108)

Man, I played the shit out of that back in the day.

Is that the latest patched version where they toned down the pyrotechnic axe, because that thing was ridiculous?

Bubsy Jan 29th, 2010 12:26 AM

cureent playing ME2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i ordered TVCC for the BABY WIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol still hasnt come in yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Fathom Zero Jan 29th, 2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 670156)
Man, I played the shit out of that back in the day.

Is that the latest patched version where they toned down the pyrotechnic axe, because that thing was ridiculous?

Man, I don't even know. I can only assume as much. I never played it the first go around. Still love it.

dextire Jan 29th, 2010 01:12 AM

Just finished part one of "Final Fantasy IV: The After Years".
A little short, but a lot of fun if you like old school Final Fantasy.
I'm getting part two tomorrow.

Dr. Boogie Jan 29th, 2010 01:28 AM

Bangai-O Spirits

I love that there can be so many missiles at once on the screen that the game actually locks up for a few seconds.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 29th, 2010 01:34 AM

Beat No More Heroes 2. Kind of anticlimactic, and those last few levels were tedious exercises in attacking goons for 30 minutes on end in the same room.

bigtimecow Jan 29th, 2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubsy (Post 670158)
cureent playing ME2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i ordered TVCC for the BABY WIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol still hasnt come in yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

bubsyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Boogie Jan 30th, 2010 05:15 AM

Started up Mass Effect again.

It turns out that in the two years since the PC version was release, Bioware hasn't done a damn thing to fix the permanent overheating bug I mentioned when I reviewed the game. Sure, they know about it and acknowledge it, but the only fixes are shaky, unofficial workarounds. Great company.

Fathom Zero Jan 30th, 2010 06:40 AM

Started up Bioshock again. Playing it on Hard. And it is hard.

MarioRPG Jan 30th, 2010 05:00 PM

Finished off Majora's Mask with 19 hearts. Still playing SNATCHER and trying out Policenauts too. Both are cool but there's a lot of "hey you haven't seen all the evidence in this room keep looking" for me because I'm impatient.

Zomboid Jan 30th, 2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 670287)
Started up Mass Effect again.

It turns out that in the two years since the PC version was release, Bioware hasn't done a damn thing to fix the permanent overheating bug I mentioned when I reviewed the game. Sure, they know about it and acknowledge it, but the only fixes are shaky, unofficial workarounds. Great company.

I've actually spoken with one of the guys responsible for that glitch, and he said that he left it in there just to spite you.

Dr. Boogie Jan 30th, 2010 06:55 PM

So that's why my name was in the "Special Thanks" part of the credits.